PDA

View Full Version : PACKERS WILL MAKE SUPERBOWL....or..........NO THEY WON'T

Bretsky
07-02-2014, 07:36 AM
nice article to consider in a dry period for football

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/why-the-packers-will-make-it-to-super-bowl--or-wont-b99300718z1-265433381.html

Joemailman
07-02-2014, 08:04 AM
That article tends to make me rather optimistic. The reason is that the reasons why the Packers won't win the Super Bowl aren't all that daunting:

5. Turnovers - They point out that the Packers safeties didn't have an INT last year. It's highly unlikely that will happen again, both because of better personnel and the law of averages. If the safeties grab a few, and they're getting Casey Hayward back, they could be back among the league leaders in takeaways. And if Rodgers stays healthy, they should have fewer INT's on offense.

4. Special Teams - They're not special but they don't need to be. I don't see this as a huge issue.

3. The defense - Safety play should be improved and that will make a big difference. You simply can't have a good defense with the kind of safety play they had last year. Getting Casey Hayward back should help, and if Matthews can stay mostly healthy, the pass rush with the addition of Peppers should be much better. It simply shouldn't be that difficult to improve on last year's defensive performance.

2. Injuries - Impossible to predict, but the odds that the injury situation will be better than last year are pretty good.

1. San Francisco - There's not much separating the 2 teams. Unlike 2012, the Packers were right in the 2 games they lost last year. The Packers had 4th quarter leads in both games. The Packers played all or most of the playoff game last year without Sam Shields, Mike Neal, Clay Matthews and Casey Hayward. If the 2 teams meet this year, that won't be the case.

pbmax
07-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Yes they will.

Tony Oday
07-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Superbowl is where this team is going. Lacy and AR? I mean c'mon that is something we haven't had in forever.

smuggler
07-02-2014, 02:22 PM
I'd guess no because too many things could go wrong, but I don't wanna be right.

ThunderDan
07-02-2014, 02:36 PM
That title pretty much sums up every football team's season. Either we make the Super Bowl or we don't.

Joemailman
07-02-2014, 02:40 PM
That title pretty much sums up every football team's season. Either we make the Super Bowl or we don't.

Unless you're the Browns or the Lions. Then you don't.

bobblehead
07-03-2014, 07:05 AM
don't forget the raiders in the "you won't" category.

pbmax
07-03-2014, 07:58 AM
don't forget the raiders in the "you won't" category.

The Raiders are the Patriots compared to the Lions. Raiders were in the Super Bowl in the 2002-03 season.

bobblehead
07-03-2014, 01:40 PM
The Raiders are the Patriots compared to the Lions. Raiders were in the Super Bowl in the 2002-03 season.

Good point. I was thinking more of their chances this year. Its gotta suck being a browns fan and your fondest memories being of Bernie Kosar.

hoosier
07-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Good point. I was thinking more of their chances this year. Its gotta suck being a browns fan and your fondest memories being of Ernest Byner.

FTFY.

pbmax
07-03-2014, 03:24 PM
FTFY.

OK, that's just low.

wist43
07-03-2014, 04:44 PM
No, we don't make it... unless - did they fire dunderdummy since I last checked??

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Bump !

Going into Week 15 The Green Bay Packers are the NO. 1 Ranked team in the NFL and hold a 10-3 record and one game lead over the Detroit Lions in the NFCN.

The Packers presently sit in the NO. 2 seed slot.

Next game in Week 15 is away to the Buffalo Bills the NO. 17th Ranked team.

It's one game at a time. Prepare and execute.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!

Tony Oday
12-10-2014, 10:08 AM
And the Jinx is in

mraynrand
12-10-2014, 10:47 AM
The reasons why the Packers won't win the Super Bowl aren't all that daunting:

5. Turnovers - Good

4. Special Teams - Fine

3. The defense - Not good enough

2. Injuries - OK for now (KOW)

1. San Francisco - Gone (but replaced by Seattle)

Nothing has changed. Packers have a good shot at being in the NFC Championship game.

wist43
12-10-2014, 09:47 PM
For all my complaining about dunderdummy - he has made changes on defense - necessary changes that at least have us in position to get to a SB.

Still, dunderdummy is dunderdummy - and he is always the next gameplan away from allowing another record setting performance. Every game is a coin flip as to whether or not we're going to get an actual, NFL calibur defense, or whether we're going to get a dunderdummy abortion.

We have the overall talent - and dunderdummy is capable of putting together winning gameplans... it's just a matter of which dunderdummy we get - Jekyl or Hyde.

Freak Out
12-10-2014, 10:54 PM
If the offense can stay healthy and the D can make a few stops a game they have a shot. It's about making good decisions (run audible as an example) and playing some sound D with a few exemplary plays mixed in.