PDA

View Full Version : Party with Beiber!

Guiness
07-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Speaking of trolling, Manziel is just toying with Cleveland now. Partying with Bieber? That's akin to jumping the shark all by itself, but add in Floyd Mayweather and wow, just wow.

http://rocklivewests3-a.akamaihd.net/215337/t/11945351_l2c7rp4z1j6m4fl2ymgdezoyrnqqqhtlm1fvrh2l. jpg

Last week Manziel said

"I want to wake up with a week and not have my name going through something."

Here's a hint: Bieber is maybe not the guy to spend time with if you want to stay out of the headlines! Just ask Keyshawn Johnson, he'll tell you!
Browns management have to be shaking their head at this point.

Brandon494
07-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Wow a celebrity hanging out with other celebrities.....BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Seriously people need to get off Manziel's D and let this kid live his damn life. There are far more important things to worry about then what Manziel is doing in his off time, people are just jealous of his life style so they hate on him.

Zool
07-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Wow a celebrity hanging out with other celebrities.....BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Seriously people need to get off Manziel's D and let this kid live his damn life. There are far more important things to worry about then what Manziel is doing in his off time, people are just jealous of his life style so they hate on him.

The more stupid shit he says to the media, the more people are going to criticize. Maybe they paraphrase, but he comes off as a complete tool in the interviews I've read. All he needs to do is shut his mouth.

Brandon494
07-02-2014, 03:20 PM
The more stupid shit he says to the media, the more people are going to criticize. Maybe they paraphrase, but he comes off as a complete tool in the interviews I've read. All he needs to do is shut his mouth.

What are some things stupid things hes said that have upset you? People hate on him because hes cocky instead of humble but the dude isn't arrogant cocky.

Cheesehead Craig
07-02-2014, 03:25 PM
What are some things stupid things hes said that have upset you? People hate on him because hes cocky instead of humble but the dude isn't arrogant cocky.

What do he suppose to say?

Brandon494
07-02-2014, 03:29 PM
What do he suppose to say?

Exactly lmao

Also every time I see your avatar I think of this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXfHJnyhpoQ

Zool
07-02-2014, 03:40 PM

This is my point. Stop talking. Every time he comes in Sportscenter now, I change the channel. It's Tebow all over again. I could give 2 shits what they do or say outside of a football field. They draw this attention themselves.

Johnny Manziel: 'I'm not going to change for anybody, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong'. If that were true, he wouldn't feel the need to address the media at all. He comes off as an insecure prick. But the more he talks, the more people talk about him. And that's probably what he wants.

Joe Montana gave him the advice to lay low, and he followed up by saying he'll do what he wants? He just keeps coming off as stupid. Maybe I'm old school, but Barry Sanders did it right. STFU and play football. You're not a beautiful misunderstood snowflake.

hoosier
07-02-2014, 03:47 PM
Hanging out with Justin Bieber should in itself be cause for demotion or suspension.

pbmax
07-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Florio today tried to parlay the Bieber party into a prediction that Manziel was be in danger of a child enticement charge.

Follow along here:

A source (cannot imagine who this was) says that people around Bieber are notorious for bringing around underage girls to parties. This could lead to problems.

Don't believe him?

He asked you to Google Mark Chmura.

Joemailman
07-02-2014, 04:30 PM
So your starting QB is a Belieber. That should help him take control of the huddle.

Guiness
07-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Florio today tried to parlay the Bieber party into a prediction that Manziel was be in danger of a child enticement charge.

Follow along here:

A source (cannot imagine who this was) says that people around Bieber are notorious for bringing around underage girls to parties. This could lead to problems.

Don't believe him?

He asked you to Google Mark Chmura.

The Chmura thing was a left turn, to be sure. Bieber does have a history of underage drinking, trying to get underage friends into bars, etc, but to make the association that Manziel could land himself in legal trouble because of it is a reach. On the other hand, being in the company of Mayweather, who is a known big stakes gambler? The shield might not be happy about that.

I was referring more to the notoriety of and headline grabber that Bieber is. Manziel does seem to be going for the celebrity lifestyle. Why should the Browns be concerned? Because he's QB, and does not have the focus necessary to succeed. You can say it's his own time, but what he needs to be doing is sitting at home studying the playbook. No, he can't live his damn life, he's getting paid a few million/year to play football, he needs to be fully dedicated or he won't get anywhere. Maybe a year or two of running around putting up some decent numbers, like a Vince Young, but then he'll be gone.

pbmax
07-02-2014, 06:59 PM
I think its mainly a question of optics and public knowledge.

If Russell Wilson or Scott Tolzien are out or doing an ad, no one questions them because of the track record of one (RW) and the very public work ethic stories of them both.

Manziel is only known for public carousing. Like Flynn said about his time in Seattle, he may spend as much time working on his game as Wilson, but since that is not the dominant public story, no one thinks he is.

The Browns are worried because whatever time Manziel needs to become proficient will be accompanied by an even shorter honeymoon period, if any at all.

Patler
07-03-2014, 05:57 AM
Brings up memories of a young Joe Namath (for his off-time exploits).

QBME
07-03-2014, 06:39 AM

Great comparison. I'd like to see the kid do really well. Shake things up. Butt heads with Goodell like Broadway Joe did with Rozelle.

pbmax
07-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Kenny Stabler used to study the playbook by the light of the jukebox.

MadtownPacker
07-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Let's just be honest, you honkies hate that he is acting like a Black QB.

bobblehead
07-03-2014, 01:32 PM

Are you implying that black QB's act like morons?

Brandon494
07-03-2014, 01:37 PM

At least someone gets it. :-)

Brandon494
07-03-2014, 01:38 PM

How is Johnny acting like a moron? Would love to see how some of you guys would have acted at 21 years of age with what hes had to deal with.

Brandon494
07-03-2014, 01:39 PM

He reminds me of Favre honestly...

bobblehead
07-03-2014, 01:45 PM
How is Johnny acting like a moron? Would love to see how some of you guys would have acted at 21 years of age with what hes had to deal with.

He is unnecessarily bringing a lot of attention to himself in a negative way. I was a moron at 21, but I wasn't in the national spotlight either.

I'm not trying to be hard on the guy, if he performs then he is a character instead of a moron. Funny how perception works. The point is that he creates a circus atmosphere at a time he is supposed to be humble and carry some journeyman veteran's bags. If he shows up to TC with the playbook mastered, the team won't care about the other stuff. If he shows up having not looked at it, then the perception will become twice as strong.

bobblehead
07-03-2014, 01:49 PM

Exactly. The guy who pondered if playing in the NFL is really what he wanted to be doing and showed up out of shape and got tendinitis in his shoulder every TC. The guy who threw back over the middle after 10 years in the league and knowing that such a play ended in interceptions far too often. The guy who was so pissed at TT and MM for sending him a personal trainer in the offseason that he retired to avoid working out, then unretired and expected things to be handed to him. It was annoying with Favre but at least he earned a little leeway. Manziel has earned NOTHING at this point which is why he isn't getting any leeway.

Oh...and the young Favre was a prick that you likely would have punched in the face had you met him and not known him.

Patler
07-03-2014, 02:13 PM

Na, Favre did not pan to the media as part of his off season escapades. Favre may have partied, cavorted and whatever, but he did it somewhat quietly, under the radar not with a succession celebrities. The media never followed him around away from the stadium. Many athletes are that way, just as many everyday people are. Favre did what you or I might do.

Namath was and Manziel seems to be much different. Namath did and Manziel seems to enjoy have the media follow him around and report on his every move. Much of what they do and say seems to be for the sole purpose of ensuring further media interest. They live the high life that you and I are unable to, and they want to make sure that everyone knows that they are doing it.

Personally, I could not care less. Some celebrities can do that and get by. Namath did for the most part. Others crash and burn living that lifestyle. I have no idea how Manziel will handle it, but I'm pretty sure we will find out.

Brandon494
07-03-2014, 02:16 PM
Na, Favre did not pan to the media as part of his off season escapades. Favre may have partied, cavorted and whatever, but he did it somewhat quietly, under the radar not with a succession celebrities. The media never followed him around away from the stadium. Many athletes are that way, just as many everyday people are. Favre did what you or I might do.

Namath was and Manziel seems to be much different. Namath did and Manziel seems to enjoy have the media follow him around and report on his every move. Much of what they do and say seems to be for the sole purpose of ensuring further media interest. They live the high life that you and I are unable to, and they want to make sure that everyone knows that they are doing it.

Personally, I could not care less. Some celebrities can do that and get by. Namath did for the most part. Others crash and burn living that lifestyle. I have no idea how Manziel will handle it, but I'm pretty sure we will find out.

Technology when Favre played is no where near what it is today...even Favre said that Manziel reminded me of a younger him.

Guiness
07-03-2014, 02:23 PM
Technology when Favre played is no where near what it is today...even Favre said that Manziel reminded me of a younger him.

I agree with you both. If a young Favre was in the NFL today, I tend to think TMZ would be all over it. Patler's right, he Favre wasn't seen out with Madonna, or hanging with Magic Johnson. Was that by his choice, or because he was "stuck" in Green Bay? Cleveland isn't a hotbed either, and that doesn't seem to be stopping Manziel, so I'd guess it was by choice. Or because of Diana.

Brandon494
07-03-2014, 02:40 PM
I agree with you both. If a young Favre was in the NFL today, I tend to think TMZ would be all over it. Patler's right, he Favre wasn't seen out with Madonna, or hanging with Magic Johnson. Was that by his choice, or because he was "stuck" in Green Bay? Cleveland isn't a hotbed either, and that doesn't seem to be stopping Manziel, so I'd guess it was by choice. Or because of Diana.

You also have to realize how the media made this "monster"

MadtownPacker
07-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Nah, they just run really fast and can't handle complicated offenses. :lol:

Zool
07-03-2014, 03:12 PM

So you think Johnny Football has "it"?

Patler
07-03-2014, 03:12 PM

....and where was the technology when Namath played? Namath and Manziel are limelight seeking, media grabbing individuals. It's just who they are. That's why they go the places they go with the people they go with and say the things they say. Favre was different. He was likely to party with beer, fat O-lineman and guns in a backwoods bar. For Namath and Manziel it's champaigne, models, movie stars and other celebrities in Las Vegas. They flaunt their money, Favre did not.

As for what Favre says about it, this is the same Favre who virtually every season declared the current team to be the most talented he had ever been on. He doesn't intentionally lie, I just don't think he has a great grasp on reality, and he definitely says what he thinks reporters want him to say. I don't look to Favre for accurate insight.

pbmax
07-03-2014, 03:26 PM

No, he has his shirt on.

http://drunkathlete.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/vince_young_drunk21.jpg

MadtownPacker
07-03-2014, 05:11 PM
So you think Johnny Football has "it"?
We need to unban Partial so he can let us know.

esoxx
07-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I'm not trying to be hard on the guy

Take it to the garbage can.

bobblehead
07-04-2014, 06:02 AM

Like Josh Freeman...wait, he isn't fast either.