PDA

View Full Version : Why Wasn't Carroll in for the Nickel?

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:26 AM
Carroll started game in the nickel defense. By half way through the first, Hawkins had replaced him. What gives with that?

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 08:27 AM
who gives a shit about the game. I want to talk about tennis. :wink:

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:36 AM
who gives a shit about the game. I want to talk about tennis. :wink:

Excellent! Who do you thinks going to win the US Open? I think it's pretty much a given that it comes down to Nadal and Federer again. I have a hunch Federer dominates since grass and hard courts are his speciality.

I also noticed last night they referred to the tennis stadium in NY by a different name. I thought that was really weird, unless it wasn't at Asch stadium. Weird.

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 08:49 AM
no clue who Federer is, can you explain?

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:51 AM
no clue who Federer is, can you explain?

Best tennis player ever. He's been number 1 for what I believe is the longest stint ever now. He is outrageously good in every facet of the game, where is most other players specialize in something.

http://www.mariovilla.com/eventi/masterseries2003/01/images/20_roger_federer.jpg

mmmdk
08-29-2006, 08:53 AM
How about Borg ? Resistance is futile :shock:

mmmdk
08-29-2006, 08:58 AM
Federer's game is like Swiss cheese - whatever that means :lol: Lots of holes in it ??? Nah, Swiss cheese holes would be like the confidence of some Packer fans (the morning after MNF).

MJZiggy
08-29-2006, 09:01 AM
[quote=GBRulz]no clue who Federer is, can you explain?

Best tennis player ever. He's been number 1 for what I believe is the longest stint ever now. He is outrageously good in every facet of the game, where is most other players specialize in something.

See? And I thought he was married to Brittney Spears.

Green Bud Packer
08-29-2006, 09:07 AM
Carroll started game in the nickel defense. By half way through the first, Hawkins had replaced him. What gives with that?probably just getting a longer look at hawkins.they know what carroll brings to the game..although it was a sweet dig, gb rulz,please take the tennis talk elsewhere.

Rastak
08-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Carroll started game in the nickel defense. By half way through the first, Hawkins had replaced him. What gives with that?probably just getting a longer look at hawkins.they know what carroll brings to the game..although it was a sweet dig, gb rulz,please take the tennis talk elsewhere.

Maybe we could combine them......

How is Hawkins serve?

Green Bud Packer
08-29-2006, 09:48 AM
he might have plenty of time to play tennis after todays cut down.

Partial
08-29-2006, 09:53 AM

Nah, they would have put Horton in otherwise. Hawkins is on the team, he was one of the few positives. He looked damn good in coverage on a few balls, but I didn't watch him too closely

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 11:24 AM
[quote=GBRulz]no clue who Federer is, can you explain?

See? And I thought he was married to Brittney Spears.

LOL, they probably rap about the same

KYPack
08-29-2006, 11:54 AM

Nah, they would have put Horton in otherwise. Hawkins is on the team, he was one of the few positives. He looked damn good in coverage on a few balls, but I didn't watch him too closely

Ahh, you guys were bad students!

Didn't watch the whole game!

Hawkins was beaten badly on a post by a rookie for a score. Looked like he'd never played football in his life. Like always.