PDA

View Full Version : Official 2014 Packers Training Camp Thread

Pages : [1] 2

pbmax
07-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Saw a Packer player today taking part of the training table at Five Guys in Green Bay.

Because there is absolutely no news, try to guess who.

First hint, less than 5 years experience in the NFL.

Freak Out
07-17-2014, 11:40 PM
Tozien?

QBME
07-18-2014, 07:06 AM
Saw a Packer player today taking part of the training table at Five Guys in Green Bay.

Because there is absolutely no news, try to guess who.

First hint, less than 5 years experience in the NFL.

Mike Daniels

wist43
07-18-2014, 07:50 AM
Well, since just about the entire roster has less than 5 years experience - could be anyone ;)

hoosier
07-18-2014, 08:02 AM
I'm having trouble figuring out what the Packer to be named later actually did. Did he eat a bunch of stuff on the table? Was he participating in training someone? Or did he just take the table and leave? Anyway, my first guess is Randall Cobb, because his last name is vegetarian and I don't associate him with burger joints.

pbmax
07-18-2014, 08:22 AM
None right so far. Though wist makes a solid point. This young one plays on offense.

Fritz
07-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Derrick Sherrod, eating Five Burgers at Five Guys?

Pugger
07-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Let's play 20 questions:

Is he white or black?

Is his number less than 50?

hoosier
07-18-2014, 11:13 AM
Derrick Sherrod, eating Five Burgers at Five Guys?

No, Max specifically said the guy plays on offense. What's his name, the anonymous TE, would be my guess. Taylor. Except would anyone actually recognize him?

Zool
07-18-2014, 11:28 AM
Cobb

Patler
07-18-2014, 12:03 PM
Abbrederis.
Everyone has gone home before training camp. Last opportunity to visit family until next spring.
For Abbrederis, Green Bay is virtually home.

Cheesehead Craig
07-18-2014, 12:48 PM
Let's get to the important question: Did he pull a hammy, get a concussion, mess up his thumb, or have a neck injury while at Five Guys?

Brandon494
07-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Obviously Ryan Taylor

red
07-18-2014, 06:02 PM
eddie lacy, obviously trying to bulk up for training camp so we can all freak out over how fat he looks again

pbmax
07-19-2014, 06:22 AM
All great guesses. But none of them correct. I take offense to the intimation that Derek Sherrod doesn't play offense. I did not specify whether the mystery diner was a starter. :)

Two more hints:

1. He is not a hometown/state boy.

2. He has less than 3 years experience in the League.

To answer one direct question: He does not appear to be injured. He seemed to eat dinner without incident.

denverYooper
07-19-2014, 08:09 AM
Boykins

Patler
07-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Tretter. MM said he hasn't left town all year.

Pugger
07-19-2014, 08:25 AM
Harris?

run pMc
07-19-2014, 11:23 AM
I like the Tretter and Taylor guesses. I'll go with Bahktiari. OL can put away burgers and nobody would notice. Wouldn't think it would be a racehorse like a WR, and Starks cut gluten out of his diet.

Brandon494
07-19-2014, 02:01 PM
Yea it has to be Tretter then...I picked Taylor because of the double chin. :-)

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nfl/players/full/14213.png&w=350&h=254

pbmax
07-19-2014, 02:24 PM
None right so far.

He matriculated on the West Coast. And he had a dining companion.

Brandon494
07-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Datone Jones?

pbmax
07-19-2014, 02:58 PM
Datone Jones?

Offense.

Cheesehead Craig
07-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Rodgers

bobblehead
07-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Arod...with hottest chic in GB as his companion (similar to tallest midget)

denverYooper
07-19-2014, 03:33 PM
Colt Lyerla

Guiness
07-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Who is Davante Adams?

edit: Lyerla - good one DY, I forgot about him. Saying he martriculated is a reach though - I don't think Colt was ever a candidate for a degree!

denverYooper
07-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Who is Davante Adams?

edit: Lyerla - good one DY, I forgot about him. Saying he martriculated is a reach though - I don't think Colt was ever a candidate for a degree!

He was enrolled, at least :).

An article about him early on stated that he was staying with his trainer, who helped keep him on the straight and narrow -- the dining companion at the training table.

red
07-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Arod...with hottest chic in GB as his companion (similar to tallest midget)

LOL

smuggler
07-19-2014, 04:22 PM
I'll guess Ina Liaina. Dude looks like he can tackle a burger or two.

Guiness
07-19-2014, 04:48 PM
He was enrolled, at least :).

An article about him early on stated that he was staying with his trainer, who helped keep him on the straight and narrow -- the dining companion at the training table.

I was trying to get an angle on the 'with a companion' but couldn't find one. None of the West Coast guys are married, so good catch!

pbmax
07-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Colt Lyerla

Lyerla it was. He is listed as 6' 4" but did not seem that tall. Not all that big, though he is a rook. He might have been there to put on weight.

Had a companion for dinner who looked like a team flunky (not even a former player). I wonder if they try to keep tabs on him as part of a player services program.

In this humble reporters opinion, he also made a poor choice in his car.

hoosier
07-19-2014, 09:29 PM
In the old Soviet Union that flunky was known as a handler. Someone whose job it is to make sure that Lyerla doesn't go off the deep end after he has a few burgers in him and start tweeting about how the Russian separatists in Ukraine are getting shafted by the Western media.

BZnDallas
07-19-2014, 11:19 PM
In the old Soviet Union that flunky was known as a handler. Someone whose job it is to make sure that Lyerla doesn't go off the deep end after he has a few burgers in him and start tweeting about how the Russian separatists in Ukraine are getting shafted by the Western media.

i dont know how the rep points work but if i'm allowed to give them then i'd throw down for this post... well played hoosier!!!! is 25 rep points too much?

Brandon494
07-20-2014, 02:23 AM
Lyerla it was. He is listed as 6' 4" but did not seem that tall. Not all that big, though he is a rook. He might have been there to put on weight.

Had a companion for dinner who looked like a team flunky (not even a former player). I wonder if they try to keep tabs on him as part of a player services program.

Players always look smaller when you see them in person. Colt is a grow ass man, I'm sure hes able to go eat dinner by himself without someone keeping tabs on him. :-) I'm sure its just someone he met since coming to GB and they were just having burgers. Hopefully he just finished working out after eating them.

Brandon494
07-20-2014, 02:27 AM
Offense.

:doh:

Pugger
07-20-2014, 02:41 AM

What kind of car did he have?

Brandon494
07-20-2014, 02:44 AM

I'm guessing it had tinted windows and rims.

pbmax
07-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Players always look smaller when you see them in person. Colt is a grow ass man, I'm sure hes able to go eat dinner by himself without someone keeping tabs on him. :-) I'm sure its just someone he met since coming to GB and they were just having burgers. Hopefully he just finished working out after eating them.

Buddy clearly wasn't a football player unless he was kicker. A little too old not to be a known vet. He was doing the talking.

They were conversing about something that happened to players in Washington but I had no context. Was genuinely trying to NOT pay attention.

pbmax
07-20-2014, 08:19 AM

I'm guessing it had tinted windows and rims.

And the music it was playing loudly and thumpingly. OY!

It was a late model remake of a muscle car. Not the prettiest job Detroit has done. Windows were probably tinted and it had sizable rims, but those might have been its two best features. I am sure the car is fine, just not my favorite model.

Pugger
07-20-2014, 11:41 AM
And the music it was playing loudly and thumpingly. OY!

It was a late model remake of a muscle car. Not the prettiest job Detroit has done. Windows were probably tinted and it had sizable rims, but those might have been its two best features. I am sure the car is fine, just not my favorite model.

Prob a Mustang, Camaro or Dodge Challenger?

Guiness
07-20-2014, 12:26 PM

Those would be the three suspects, all the NA automakers seem to have a bad case of Throwback Tuesday. Dodge is also making a Dart, but it's hardly a replica!

pbmax
07-20-2014, 07:59 PM

It was either a Challenger or Charger I think.

pittstang5
07-21-2014, 07:25 PM
It was either a Challenger or Charger I think.

How many doors? 4 = Charger, 2 = Challenger

Joemailman
07-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Physicals are tomorrow. Is everybody more or less healthy, or are there candidates for the PUP list? Wondering about guys like Nick Perry and Jerel Worthy who did not take part in OTA's. I know Matthews didn't either, but there's no way he'd be placed on PUP.

pbmax
07-24-2014, 09:11 PM
That's the beauty part of the Packers, non-football injuries (usually done while training for football) are complete unknowns until the day after physicals.

pbmax
07-24-2014, 09:12 PM
How many doors? 4 = Charger, 2 = Challenger

It was orange :lol:

That was all the look I got.

pbmax
07-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3h
New from JS: McCarthy says he doesn't know if Matthews has been cleared to practice http://bit.ly/1pTnsdm #packers

YOU NEED TO BE LATE TO THE PC MIKE TO FIND THIS STUFF OUT. WILDE CAN WAIT.

bobblehead
07-25-2014, 04:14 PM
It was orange :lol:

That was all the look I got.

Hmmm...did it have a black 01 painted on the doors and a confederate flag on the roof?

pbmax
07-25-2014, 04:15 PM
Hmmm...did it have a black 01 painted on the doors and a confederate flag on the roof?

Nope. This car could have fit inside that car.

bobblehead
07-25-2014, 04:41 PM
Nope. This car could have fit inside that car.

Is todays charger that much smaller?

pbmax
07-25-2014, 04:50 PM
Is todays charger that much smaller?

Might just look that way. Seems shorter. Probably taller.

pbmax
07-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m
New from JS: Neal, Perry start camp on physically unable to perform list http://bit.ly/1tL7u7w #packers

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 48m
Neal practiced through the spring. Perry did not. Not the way #Packers wanted to start camp. First practice is tomorrow AM.

GOOD TO KNOW SOME THINGS DO NOT EVER CHANGE. NOW MORE CONFUSED THAN EVER OVER FRUSTRATION ABOUT MISSING THE ENTIRE OFFSEASON IF PERRY NOT HEALTHY.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 23m
I forgot to mention that DT Jerel Worthy is on non-football injury also. So, it means it's not related to his knee injury. #Packers

UH-OH. ANOTHER CHILLAR OR WAS HE DOING WHEELIES ON HIS BIKE LIKE JEFF KEMP?

pbmax
07-25-2014, 04:58 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 16m
Two #Packers who were not put on any lists were LB Clay Matthews and TE Andrew Quarless. Both missed all of the off-season workouts.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 54m
In the case of Janis and Guion, non-fb means they failed their physical due to something they did away from the facility. Janis is illness.

pbmax
07-25-2014, 05:09 PM
Here is the shorter, more readable version from Demovsky:

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 1h
#Packers roster update:
PUP: Nick Perry, Mike Neal
Non-football injury: Letroy Guion, Jerel Worthy
Non-football illness: Jeff Janis

Guiness
07-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m
New from JS: Neal, Perry start camp on physically unable to perform list http://bit.ly/1tL7u7w #packers

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 48m
Neal practiced through the spring. Perry did not. Not the way #Packers wanted to start camp. First practice is tomorrow AM.

GOOD TO KNOW SOME THINGS DO NOT EVER CHANGE. NOW MORE CONFUSED THAN EVER OVER FRUSTRATION ABOUT MISSING THE ENTIRE OFFSEASON IF PERRY NOT HEALTHY.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 23m
I forgot to mention that DT Jerel Worthy is on non-football injury also. So, it means it's not related to his knee injury. #Packers

UH-OH. ANOTHER CHILLAR OR WAS HE DOING WHEELIES ON HIS BIKE LIKE JEFF KEMP?

What's up with Neale? He finished last season healthy, didn't he? Bet it's a weight room injury...

pbmax
McCarthy PC

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod · 7h
MM: 2014 training camp. I know I'm excited. Everyone has been buzzing around here all week. Coming off offseason program, good vibe

MM: Every football team is unique, especially at this period of time. We have 89 men on our roster. Battle starts. Looking for competition

MM: Every football team is unique, especially at this period of time. We have 89 men on our roster. Battle starts. Looking for competition

MM: Coming out of offseason, we had chance to mold football team. This is our most important time of the year. Have to get information

MM: I haven't seen Clay Matthews personally. Players went for physicals this morning. Staff meeting at 4:30. Info will be presented

MM: You walk away from offseason program. I look at big picture

MM on his address to team: It's important to have clear vision, a tight vision of things we need to push envelope on. Like our roster

MM: We probably spend too much time on it. You have 2 tighten it down. Video is always better. Hopefully i can deliver talk that can deliver

MM on not listing pad practices: Talking to training staff, we are going through a different sked 2nd half of camp. New in-season schedule.

MM: Your goals will be in pads. That's thought but really how team moves through camp...looking back, we haven't started way we wanted to

MM on no practice before/after preseason game: This is 1st time schedule has changed in nine years. 3rd year we talked about it. Taking leap

MM: GPS is something we've had in the building for 3 years. That's a part of data. We have another man coming forward that will impact team

MM: It's important for us to take a hard look by position and player, do we have enough personnel groups, variation.

MM: I'm nervous about it. We have 21 practices. We spent a lot of time up in the staff room. 35, 29, now down to 21

MM: Preseeason games last three years have been a challenge because we've leaned toward evaluation more than winning

MM: Opportunity for 3 QBs comes down to how the 3rd potential QB performs and what goes on with your football team.

MM: I'm not opposed to keeping 3 QBs. It really depends on the competition of other positions.

pbmax
MM: Running football when you have to is of most importance. I'm excited to see what DuJuan Harris is going to give us

MM: This OL IMO has chance to be best that we've had in my time here

MM: I actually haven't seen Pat McKenzie in quite some time. We're still open to that. Jermichael Finley is a Green Bay Packer IMO

MM: I don't care what business you're in, you hope you are right with projection. When Ted sits down with our staff, it's about performance

MM: I like our experience on OL. I like our core with our two guards. I know JC it's his first time. I was impressed with Linsley

MM: Can't say enough about Don Barclay. Derek Sherrod looks good. You have to feel good about depth on OL

MM on TE: I like our tight ends. We have to get them pad work. That's such a tough group cuz they're asked to do so much.

MM: Hitting targets, this the 1st year i feel like I got offseason program right. Veterans did a great job of getting practice part right

MM: You project your reps and how you're going to play guys, it's a real challenge trying to get whole team evaluated

MM: I don't think you can ever jeopardize your personnel evaluation. You have block of time to make decisions and you don't get that back

MM: That KC game is a critical game for our players. Can't tell you how many times you go into last game of the year and it changes

MM: Give our S and C staff credit, I like Mark Lovat is unique. Take a lot of pride that we don't have to do conditioning after practice

MM on tackling: In games? We better tackle in games. No, our tackling drills, we've adjusted them, timing of them

MM: I feel like I can improve. When you stop feeling that way, you're lying to yourself. Halftime thing, I don't know how long

pbmax
07-25-2014, 05:23 PM
What's up with Neale? He finished last season healthy, didn't he? Bet it's a weight room injury...

He not only finished last season relatively healthy, he made it through the offseason and OTA program without a blip.

Joemailman
07-25-2014, 07:36 PM
He not only finished last season relatively healthy, he made it through the offseason and OTA program without a blip.

But if he's on the PUP list then the injury has to be related to football. An aggravation of a previous injury? An injury during the physical?

pbmax
07-25-2014, 08:12 PM
But if he's on the PUP list then the injury has to be related to football. An aggravation of a previous injury? An injury during the physical?

No idea. Dunne at JSO thinks we'll know more tomorrow.

Guiness
07-25-2014, 11:39 PM
No idea. Dunne at JSO thinks we'll know more tomorrow.

Maybe he was in charge of the projector and burnt himself on a lightbulb? Those suckers can get hot!

Fritz
07-26-2014, 07:46 AM
I am really crossing my fingers for Derrick Sherrod. If he can get through camp healthy and get re-acclimated, he could be a really strong backup left tackle, and maybe even challenge Bahkteria down the road a bit.

denverYooper
07-26-2014, 08:01 AM

I thought he was on the injury report with an abdominal injury for several games at the end of the season.

denverYooper
07-26-2014, 12:06 PM
McCarthy on injuries/non-participants:
Neal - abdominal/core
Guion - hamstring
Worthy - lower back
Perry - foot/knee
Janis - illness

Worthy with a lower back injury. Not usually a great sign for one of the bigs.

Brandon494
07-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Hoping Janis will be ready to go on Monday.

pbmax
07-26-2014, 04:00 PM
I thought he was on the injury report with an abdominal injury for several games at the end of the season.

Yes, but why was he practicing then in the spring?

pbmax
07-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1m
While Mike Neal and Nick Perry are 'close' to returns, #Packers continue to wait on defensive lineman Jerel Worthy http://pck.rs/1mQomUW

Also, only one Packer hamstring.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/my-fingers-are-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif

pbmax
07-26-2014, 04:14 PM
But his attitude is TERRIBLE!! He only played to help facilitate a trade to a team that will let him realize his dream of being an Defensive End in the NFL!!

Perry missed five games last season with a broken foot, but played in the team's final six games (including playoffs) despite fellow outside linebacker Clay Matthews saying he probably shouldn't have.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2014/07/26/worthy-dealing-with-back-injury/13215841/

pbmax
07-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Eddie's brain has a trap door to avoid concussions.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtfeQmpCYAAEs1a.jpg

Willard
07-26-2014, 04:35 PM
:razz:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtfeQmpCYAAEs1a.jpg So they remove his brain right before he runs out onto the field? :razz:

pbmax
07-26-2014, 04:46 PM
Camp Day #1 Report (Other People's)

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod · 8h
Still the Hyde and Burnett show with ones. Banjo and Ha Ha are your second team safeties

#1-MUST NAME BAND "HAHA BANJO". #2 IF BANJO DOESN'T MAKE IT, "MORE HA-HA" IT IS

No Pickett. No Jolly. Leading DL in the room, BJ Raji and Mike Daniels, work sleds #Packers

NO COMMENT. JUST SILENT VIGIL.

Cornerbacks coach Joe Whitt working with his room and star pupils Casey Hayward and Sam Shields #Packers

IF YOU WANT TO BE POSITIVE ABOUT THIS YEAR'S DEFENSE, THEN #1 ON YOUR LIST FOR OPTIMISM IS HAYWARD. #2 IS YOGA.

Looked like Donny Barclay took the first team rep at right guard. Looks like Lang might be limited today based on individual work too

OH GOOD! THE BEST KIND OF VERSATILE BACKUPS ARE THE ONES WHO NEVER PLAY

Garth Gerhart working with Tolzien. Appears linsley had leap frogged him for two spot at center

HE BENCHED HIM OUT OF LINE

Sam Gash has been working individually with Eddie Lacy all offseason on short, sharp passes during off periods. Southpaw throws darts

I CANNOT TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM THAT SAM GASH IS A PACKER COACH. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY.

Cobb and Tramon shagging Masthay punts in coverage drills

MCCARTHY DON'T CARE

By the way, looks like Chris Harper's hamstring healed fine. Back out there. Haunted Charles Johnson and Kevin Dorsey last year

BUT CAN HE SURVIVE THE CURSE OF PATLER'S FAVORABLE OPINION OF HIS CHANCES?

Richard Rodgers takes first snap at TE with ones

WE NEED TO DO A POLL ABOUT EVERYONE'S OPINION ABOUT RRODGERS BEFORE HE TAKES OVER CAMP

Bradford and Hubbard are your No 3 OLBs. Mulumba and Palmer worked second team

COREY BARDFORD WILL NOT MAKE IT AS AN NFL OLB. YOU READ IT HERE FIRST.

Quarless lined up opposite Rodgers with first team on run set at start of team. Bo, Rodgers and Quarless atop crowded room it seems

BO RYAN AT CAMP, PLAYING TE.

pbmax
07-26-2014, 04:48 PM
TJ Lang hasn't done much. Janis not here. Neal, Guion, Worthy and Perry looking on

I BET IF I READ ASK VIC'S CAMP REPORT, THIS INFORMATION WOULD BE SHADED MORE POSITIVELY

As @ESPNBobDemovsky pointed out, Carl Bradford has switched to No 54. Jayrone Elliott now 91

BOB DEMOVSKY IS JUST RIDING ROB DEMOVSKY'S COATTAILS

I've thought Kevin Dorsey has looked pretty explosive today. Big catch across middle from Tolzien

HAVE THEY LEARNED TO HEAL PACKER HAMSTRINGS?

Underthrown pass from Flynn but Lyerla couldn't cradled it and popped out. Second drop of period

FINGERS STILL SLIPPERY FROM FIVE GUYS FRIES

Davon House with good coverage and PD of Nelson in pass from Tolzien

TEASE! TEASE! TEASE! TEASE! TEASE! TEASE! TEASE!

Matthews with pressure but Rodgers threads the needle to Nelson in coverage of Shields and Hyde

THEY SHOULD PLACE SAME POLE MAGNETS ON THEIR JERSEYS JUST TO HELP AVOID CONTACT

Another strike to Nelson in Ha Ha coverage. Was HHCD and Richardson with twos

HA HA HAS COVERAGE NAMED AFTER HIM ON FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE. GREAT. TOO BAD ITS SIMILAR TO A LOT OF COVERAGE FROM 2011.

It was ok MT @RobDemovsky: I've seen a lot of great throws in camp but the corner route Rodgers just threw to Nelson was among the best.

WHAT DOES BOB HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS?

Wes Hodkiewicz @WesHod · 6h
Mason Crosby goes 7 of 8 with only miss from 44 left hash

AGAIN, I AM GOING TO START READING ASK VIC FOR INJURY AND CROSBY MISS INFO. COULD IT HAVE KILLED WESHOD TO TYPO THIS AS A 64 YARD MISS?

Jordy Nelson having a big day. 41 TD over Antonio Dennard from Rodgers

THUMBS DOWN, WHOEVER CALLED THAT COVERAGE

Abbrederis, Hyde, Tramon, Ryan White, Cobb, Myles White taking kickoffs after practice

MCCARTHY STILL DOESN'T CARE

Harris, Rajion Neal, Hill, Dorsey, Kuhn, LaDarius Perkins, Goodson, Harper and Starks hanging back during punt return

NO HE DOESN'T

pbmax
07-26-2014, 04:49 PM
We need Justin Harrell (the poster) to head to practice to get a Sherrod report.

Pugger
07-26-2014, 04:52 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtfeQmpCYAAEs1a.jpg

That is a really cute picture!

pbmax
07-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Does this kid do scouting reports or did his parents put him up to this?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtfHtueCIAAc8K5.jpg

red
07-26-2014, 05:33 PM
McCarthy on injuries/non-participants:
Neal - abdominal/core
Guion - hamstring
Worthy - lower back
Perry - foot/knee
Janis - illness

Worthy with a lower back injury. Not usually a great sign for one of the bigs.

Looks like the usual suspects. Neal just got a new deal. Any chance perry and or worthy aren't on the team at final cutdowns if they cant get their shit together for a change?

Its getting old with some of these guys

pbmax
07-26-2014, 06:20 PM
McCarthy After Practice #1

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 7h
T.J. Lang was working through some shoulder things.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7h
MM on Matthews playing everywhere: He's an impact player. Want to create targeting problems with him.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 7h
McCarthy on Hayward: I thought Casey stood out today. He's back. He's so instinctive with his ball skills.

Fritz
07-27-2014, 07:39 AM
How the hell did Worthy eff up his back?

And nobody's saying a thing about Perry's foot/knee/whatever injuries. Or why McC is so angry, seemingly, with him.

Bretsky
07-27-2014, 07:52 AM
We need Justin Harrell (the poster) to head to practice to get a Sherrod report.

Report; hang nail; Sherry out for season

Fritz
07-27-2014, 07:54 AM
Come on, Bretsky. Go watch some girl-on-girl porn; you'll feel better!

Ol' Sherrod is trying. If you want to grump on someone, Nick Perry might be a better target.

Bretsky
07-27-2014, 07:56 AM
Come on, Bretsky. Go watch some girl-on-girl porn; you'll feel better!

Ol' Sherrod is trying. If you want to grump on someone, Nick Perry might be a better target.

He's not far behind......................if there was target #2 is would be Perry

Fritz
07-27-2014, 07:58 AM
I'm getting to the point that all the girl-on-girl porn in the world isn't making me feel any better about Perry.

Wow. Did I really type that?

bobblehead
07-27-2014, 08:36 AM

I'll do it. Sherrod is dominating, totally outplaying Baktiari, but MM likes Baks "availability". His job to lose.

denverYooper
07-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 6m
Hyde sticks with Nelson deep for a PD (near pick) in 11 on 11, but Mike Daniels would've had the sack

Michael Rodney ‏@PackerUpdate 2m
Packers should've had Micah Hyde at safety from day one. Would've made a difference last season. Pretty obvious that's his best position.

denverYooper
07-27-2014, 09:34 AM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 3m
Big play of the day so far: Abbrederis with a deep catch behind Tramon Williams.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m
Jared Abbrederis brings in a nice deep ball over Tramon from Flynn in pass under pressure
Ashwaubenon, WI

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 3m
Crowd gets excited when Abbrederis beats Tramon deep for a long completion from Flynn.

denverYooper
07-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m
Also, TE Brandon Bostick with nice catch on laser throw by Rodgers. Bostick getting lots of work today. #Packers

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 11m
Rodgers to Rodgers. The rookie gets a step on Clay Matthews for a catch on a deep drag. From afar, Mike Daniels yells at the defense.

pbmax
07-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Report; hang nail; Sherry out for season

Well, its hard to properly trim your toenails when you are in a half body cast after your second surgery to fix the leg that Newhouse broke.

pbmax
07-27-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm getting to the point that all the girl-on-girl porn in the world isn't making me feel any better about Perry.

Wow. Did I really type that?

You're just in a rut. Go scout some college cheerleaders.

pbmax
07-27-2014, 10:29 AM
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2014/07/26/peppers-big-move-chase-catch-seahawks-ers/13224513/

The Packers think he can, and on Saturday, the first day of training camp, Peppers and Matthews lined up together for the first time. Matthews, who didn't practice all offseason while recovering from a broken thumb, played mostly at left outside linebacker and Peppers on the right side, though both lined up at varying spots across the front seven throughout the morning workout.

So base it sounds like Matthews on left, Peppers on right. That would have been Peppers most common spot as DE, so it makes some sense for him to start there.

pbmax
07-27-2014, 10:34 AM
Same Peppers story:

Williams thinks the addition of Peppers and the "elephant" position, which will occasional deploy players such as Peppers, Neal and Nick Perry in multiple positions across the defensive line, is creating that same feeling.

If Perry is slated to spend time at elephant, then this might explain some of McCarthy's consternation.

pbmax
07-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2h
Lattimore is officially out. He's watching from the sideline.

AT SOME POINT, PEOPLE HAVE TO START RETURNING, RIGHT?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1h
Hyde gets faked out of his boots by DuJuan Harris on sideline.

CLASSIC GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS. WOULD A TEAM THAT PRODUCED NO NEWS IN PRACTICE BE ANY GOOD IN A GAME?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h
#Packers trainers hand out Jell-O to players during a water break. No, not Jell-O shots (I don’t think)

ALMOST IAN. http://www.clifbar.com/products/clif-shot/shot-bloks

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1h
WR Davante Adams just went inside Hutson Center with trainer Bryan "Flea" Engel. Didn't appear in pain or anything. Will see if he returns.

RAN OUT OF JELL-O

WR Davante Adams has emerged from Hutson Center, jogged back onto field carrying helmet.

JELL-O SHORTAGE SOLVED

Lacy slips and drops one in the flat. Couldn't put a move on Shields.

And now Adams is in with #Packers No. 1 offense. So, fret not.

EAT JELL-O

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
Rodgers to Rodgers. The rookie gets a step on Clay Matthews for a catch on a deep drag. From afar, Mike Daniels yells at the defense.

GOOD THING JONES AND HAWK ARE THERE TO CLEAN UP MESSES LIKE THIS

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 55m
#Packers best undrafted TE has been Justin Perillo by a mile over Colt Lyerla. Lyerla got stripped in ball security today.

DO NOT USE TRAINING TABLE AT FIVE GUYS

ALL THE REST IS MCCARTHY

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 42m
MM: Jamari Lattimore had a stomach illness today

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 41m
MM: Reps have been pretty equal with the two TEs

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 39m
MM on safeties: Calls Burnett an "outstanding pro" and leadership to take another step. Feels confident in Burnett/Clinton-Dix/Hyde.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 39m
McCarthy on Hyde's switch: Seamless. Micah Hyde's a football player.

smuggler
07-27-2014, 11:52 AM
I will be very pleasantly surprised if Hyde becomes a solid/good strong safety. Cross those fingers!

Harlan Huckleby
07-27-2014, 12:13 PM
I am really crossing my fingers for Derrick Sherrod. If he can get through camp healthy and get re-acclimated, he could be a really strong backup left tackle, and maybe even challenge Bahkteria down the road a bit.

Sherrod should beat-out Bahkteria for starting job or hang his head in shame. He's a first round pick with ideal left tackle size and strength. No more down the road. Either he has the heart and athletic ability for NFL or he doesn't.

gbgary
07-27-2014, 08:30 PM
i guess the te rodgers made an immediate impression.

bobblehead
07-27-2014, 08:47 PM
Sherrod should beat-out Bahkteria for starting job or hang his head in shame. He's a first round pick with ideal left tackle size and strength. No more down the road. Either he has the heart and athletic ability for NFL or he doesn't.

Agreed. If he isn't starting by the end of camp, he is a wasted pick.

pbmax
07-28-2014, 09:03 AM
They are still hyping Bach. All the quotes are he is bigger and could start for 10 years. Unlike the Perry stuff, I could see how this is supposed to light a fire under Sherrod. But he is running with the 2s right now at Left Tackle.

denverYooper
07-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1m
Peppers just knocked Sherrod to the ground on a pass rush. Feet came out from under him on Peppers' bull rush.

denverYooper
07-28-2014, 09:33 AM
om Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m
Daniels, Raji Boyd starting out in base on the DL.

pbmax
07-28-2014, 09:50 AM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 1m
Peppers just knocked Sherrod to the ground on a pass rush. Feet came out from under him on Peppers' bull rush.

Oof. Good to get the bad rep out of the way.

pbmax
07-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 7m
Guys with good 1-on-1 pass rush/blocking period: Raji, Bulaga. Not so good: JC Tretter, beaten twice by Raji. #Packers

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 10m
Richard Rodgers again makes a play downfield, grips a bullet from the other Rodgers just inside Banjo. Blocking will be the key.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m
When the ball is in his vicinity TE Richard Rodgers catches it. Hands like vices. Now, can he block?

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 18m
Richard Rodgers first TE snap during pass-under-pressure period with 1s. Mixing it up at TE.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 15m
Flynn with an impressive throw to the sideline on an out cut to Adams. Right on the money and perfectly timed.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 14m
In pass-under-pressure drill, Davante Adams runs sharp out route on Rolle for 15-20 yards. Can see why Derek Carr praised his route running.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 17m
1on1 pas rush, peppers beat Bakhtiari with hump move but rushing from other side Bulaga blocked him twice n ads once

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 20m
Sherrod took on a Matthews spin move and stuffed it.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 21m
Bulaga had two good turns against Peppers. You can see his added strength.

pbmax
07-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 25m
One-on-one pass rushing now. Bulaga stands up Peppers, Datone Jones beats McCray with a nifty swim move.

ITS ALWAYS GOOD WHEN YOU RECOGNIZE THE NAMES IN A REPORT THAT DO WELL AND HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE POOR SCHMO WAS THAT GOT TRUCKED

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 36m
In #Packers team period, Clinton-Dix and Burnett got some snaps together when defense mixed 1s and 2s. Hyde was still starter.

ALSO, RICHARDSON GOT SEVERAL MENTIONS FOR TWO PLAYS, THE TWEETS OF WHICH I CANNOT NOW FIND. SAFETY COULD BE IN MUCH, MUCH BETTER HANDS

HHCD and Burnett worked a little together in defensive mix in early team. Hawk had TFL on Starks. LaDarius Perkins got a rep.

AND HE WAS LINED UP CORRECTLY PRE-SNAP!

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 53m
Also in those 1 on 1's (video up later), Abbrederis with a drop and Bush physical PD on Cobb.

RED'S BLOOD PRESSURE IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM TODAY

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 53m
Jared Abbrederis catch *Applause*

DOES ANYONE THINK TAUSCHER IS JEALOUS? DID ANYONE EVER APPLAUD MARK FOR BLOCKING?

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 59m
Also in drill, Sam Shields picked off Flynn while covering Davante Adams.

HE'S EARNING EVERY PENNY OF THAT $12 MIL GUARANTEE

pbmax
07-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Carl Bradford just pushed Andrew Quarless 3 yards into the backfield. Great leverage.

THIS ONE IS FOR WIST

Josh Boyd just smoked Corey Linsley with an inside move.

CENTER WILL BE A WORK IN PROGRESS. TRETTER HAD TROUBLE WITH RAJI.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 1h
#Packers DNPs: Neal, Perry, Worthy, Janis, Guion and Lattimore not practicing

DIDN'T GET LONGER OVERNIGHT

pbmax
07-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 1m
Looks like dime group I saw earlier was second dime snap. First had house n shields outside, Williams n Hyde inside, CD as safety

YOU CANNOT PLAY PASS DEFENSE WITHOUT HAYWARD!!

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m
Davante Adams goes up over Shields for a catch. Tipped it up and then caught it.

SEE!

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 19m
In first No. Dime of camp, Hyde n Hayward in slot, clintondix at safety

DOESN'T THIS SOUND MORE LIKE FIRST TEAM DIME THAN HOUSE OUTSIDE AND WILLIAMS INSIDE?

Pugger
07-28-2014, 11:38 AM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 1m
Looks like dime group I saw earlier was second dime snap. First had house n shields outside, Williams n Hyde inside, CD as safety

YOU CANNOT PLAY PASS DEFENSE WITHOUT HAYWARD!!

Davante Adams goes up over Shields for a catch. Tipped it up and then caught it.

SEE!

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 19m
In first No. Dime of camp, Hyde n Hayward in slot, clintondix at safety

DOESN'T THIS SOUND MORE LIKE FIRST TEAM DIME THAN HOUSE OUTSIDE AND WILLIAMS INSIDE?

I suspect they just want to see more of Ha Ha, Hyde and House. They know what they have in Hayward.

Guiness
07-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Do we know what's up with Neale yet? All I can find about him and Perry is writers hypothesizing that the injuries that they played through at the end of last season are still bothering them. Worthy is really disappointing, he's listed as NFI, and it supposedly his back.

Joemailman
07-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 25m
One-on-one pass rushing now. Bulaga stands up Peppers, Datone Jones beats McCray with a nifty swim move.

ITS ALWAYS GOOD WHEN YOU RECOGNIZE THE NAMES IN A REPORT THAT DO WELL AND HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE POOR SCHMO WAS THAT GOT TRUCKED

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 36m
In #Packers team period, Clinton-Dix and Burnett got some snaps together when defense mixed 1s and 2s. Hyde was still starter.

ALSO, RICHARDSON GOT SEVERAL MENTIONS FOR TWO PLAYS, THE TWEETS OF WHICH I CANNOT NOW FIND. SAFETY COULD BE IN MUCH, MUCH BETTER HANDS

HHCD and Burnett worked a little together in defensive mix in early team. Hawk had TFL on Starks. LaDarius Perkins got a rep.

AND HE WAS LINED UP CORRECTLY PRE-SNAP!

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 53m
Also in those 1 on 1's (video up later), Abbrederis with a drop and Bush physical PD on Cobb.

RED'S BLOOD PRESSURE IS GOING TO BE A PROBLEM TODAY

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 53m
Jared Abbrederis catch *Applause*

DOES ANYONE THINK TAUSCHER IS JEALOUS? DID ANYONE EVER APPLAUD MARK FOR BLOCKING?

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 59m
Also in drill, Sam Shields picked off Flynn while covering Davante Adams.

HE'S EARNING EVERY PENNY OF THAT $12 MIL GUARANTEE

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Richardson jumps route to Nelson over the middle and rips the ball out of Nelson's arms for an INT. Rodgers threw it.
Jul. 28, 2014

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Sean Richardson with the play of the day so far. Closes on Rodgers pass to Nelson over the middle for a physical interception. Hit and pick

Joemailman
07-28-2014, 02:36 PM
Do we know what's up with Neale yet? All I can find about him and Perry is writers hypothesizing that the injuries that they played through at the end of last season are still bothering them. Worthy is really disappointing, he's listed as NFI, and it supposedly his back.

MM doesn't discuss specificity of injuries, so unless the players talk, there won't be much info. All he said in his PC today was that they have a medical meeting at 4:30, so there might be more information tomorrow.

Joemailman
07-28-2014, 03:51 PM
http://www.espnwisconsin.com/page.php?page_id=278

More on Sean Richardson:

Play of the day: Sean Richardson is trying to crack the safety rotation – for the first few days of camp, he was behind Morgan Burnett, Micah Hyde, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Chris Banjo – but the play he made on Rodgers’ pass across the middle to Nelson is the kind of play that moves you up the depth chart. During an 11-on-11 blitz period, Nelson appeared to be open but Richardson broke on the ball, arrived at just the right time and picked off the pass as he collided with Nelson.

“They brought the corner on a blitz, rotated the safeties and it was wide open in the middle,” Nelson said. “I kind of stayed on my cross, and I think I probably throttled [down] a little too much. We’ll look at it on film and see what it was, but obviously [Richardson] made a great break and took it right out of my hands. Give him credit for the play he made and holding onto the ball.”

Suggestion to everybody: If you don't like Justin's thread, stop bumping it up to the top by commenting on it.

Zool
07-28-2014, 04:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JAPG7EG.jpg

hoosier
07-28-2014, 08:16 PM
A

According to ESPN Neal has a "core muscle injury" and could be cleared as early as Weds. In baseball parlance, Neal has an oblique.

pbmax
07-28-2014, 08:58 PM
In hockey he has a "not a leg" injury.

pbmax
07-28-2014, 09:42 PM
Holy Crap is it dusty in here:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/5b/24/7b/5b247bad544f8e9f610945f2835d59a1.jpg

pbmax
07-28-2014, 09:45 PM
Jayme · @jaymelee1
Packer people RT @Tsportsman: @Michelle_NFL @Ol_sLy_Foxx @packers that's my daughter, we just got home and besides her nap she hasn't stopped talking about it all day

Tonsen Sportsman ‏@Tsportsman 1h
@Ol_sLy_Foxx you made her year. Last year you were the only player to sign her mini helmet. She's been talking (1/2)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtrEP7QCMAEWBBW.jpg

https://twitter.com/packers/status/493747131971145728/photo/1

pbmax
07-28-2014, 09:47 PM
Please tell me that Ha-Ha sign is legit.

Harlan Huckleby
07-28-2014, 11:35 PM
http://media3.s-nbcnews.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070510/070510_FtDix_hmed_5p.grid-6x2.jpg

I got nothin, except the arch should be on the other pic

Pugger
07-29-2014, 01:32 AM

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/5b/24/7b/5b247bad544f8e9f610945f2835d59a1.jpg

That picture is too cute. Her bike is so small Harris has to hold it and her hand. :hrt:

Smidgeon
07-29-2014, 10:13 AM

As a father of a little tyke myself, that picture got me too.

wist43
07-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Can someone who is attending practice on a regular basis report what the base and nickel alignments are looking like??

Don't expect them to run much 3-4 at all, but you'd expect they'll have to run it some... especially facing Seattle and the Jets out of the gate.

Are they lining up in the 2-4 exclusively in the nickel?? Who are the 3 linemen in the base??

pbmax
07-29-2014, 03:17 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m

Here is all we have so far.

smuggler
07-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Thats disappointing that Datone isnt in there, but we dont use much base anyway. Maybe Boyd is a gamer!

wist43
07-29-2014, 07:46 PM
om Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 11m

Here is all we have so far.

I'd see Daniels as a waste in the base - I'd save him exclusively for the subpackages that we run a majority of the time anyway.

I don't want to see him getting worn down trying to anchor the end in the run game. Stick Worthy, Guion, or Thornton in there; hell, I'd prefer Perry in there over Daniels b/c Daniels is a more valuable asset in the pass rush.

It's early, and everyone is going to get some reps moving around; but I surely hope Daniels isn't a regular in base.

denverYooper
07-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Abbrederis gets more mentions. He's getting some love early on in camp.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 4m
Jared Abbrederis real sharp in 1 on 1's today. Shakes Bush loose with a good route, then breaks free from CB's hold for another catch.

denverYooper
07-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1m
Clinton-Dix working with Hyde at safety during red zone. Stuffs the run on the first play.

Joemailman
07-30-2014, 04:33 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/269158261.html

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
First development is that OLB Mike Neal has his helmet and is stretching with the team. Won't be allowed in pads by rule.

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
First team drill, Micah Hyde is still with Burnett and the first-team defense.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
On the second team, Richardson at strong safety with Clinton-Dix at free. Banjo was in there before.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Lang (shoulder) still not working with No. 1s. Barclay at RG with starters. Lang said he thought he'd be back Wed or Thurs.

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Jared Abbrederis real sharp in 1 on 1's today. Shakes Bush loose with a good route, then breaks free from CB's hold for another catch.

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Clinton-Dix working with Hyde at safety during red zone. Stuffs the run on the first play.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Clinton-Dix working with Hyde during this series. Haven't seen much of that before.

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Eddie Lacy rumbles in for a touchdown. Mike Daniels is angry. (Earmuffs)

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Burnett not taking reps in that last team drill. Either they're getting a look at the other S or he's nicked up. Had helmet on whole time.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Datone Jones runs over Aaron Adams in 1 on 1's. Looked like the Jones of early on in last summer that rep.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Mike Neal is working on his speed around the edge more than power this drill, testing out the new frame. Bull rushed a lot last year.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Derek Sherrod stalemates Carl Bradford and James Campen approves. Been a long, long time since Sherrod has worked in this setting.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
They need to find better competition for Mike Daniels in pass rush drill. Destroyed all three of his opponents: Taylor, Tiller, Tiller.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Clay Matthews just whipped by Barclay in 9 on 7 drill.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
On a third and 3 in this full team period, Clinton-Dix drops a tip-drill interception.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Good comeback by Abbrederis on Shields for red zone reception from Rodgers.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Rodgers threads the needle to Nelson on a TD. Richardson late in coverage.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Burnett still not working in team drills. Something's up with him.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
First teams facing each other in red zone now. Tramon Williams with a would-be sack on a left corner blitz.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Not one of Rodgers' better days. A few overthrows this red zone drill. Just missed Nelson on a quick out.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Rajion Neal breaks free for a score on a draw. Looked like Tolzien audibles to the play -- Campen loves it, screaming "Great call!"
Jul. 30, 2014

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Jarrett Bush had an INT and Boykin ripped it right out of his arms. It was almost a change of possession. Boykin landed OB; no catch

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Hyde, Dix and Richardson n the field at the same time. Hyde scoots up to cover the slot.
Jul. 30, 2014

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Morgan Burnett stopped practicing. He's still out. McCarthy update on that after practice.

Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Two great plays by Davon House in back of end zone on Nelson. Lattimore shouting, taunting Nelson from afar.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Rodgers dumps to Bostick over the middle for TD. B Jones covering.

red
07-30-2014, 05:55 PM
The future is hyde and haha at safeties

Get burnett the hell out of there. People keep saying he sucked because the other safety sucked last year. The other safety had nothing to do with burnett blowing coverage duties all the time on his side of the field. The other safety was not responsible for burnett thinking it would be best to help tramon cover his slow guy on the sideline instead of helping hawk who was lined up with the fastest TE in the nfl, who was clearly running a streak off the snap

You cant fix stupid, get him out of there

Hyde and clinton dix

Joemailman
07-30-2014, 06:05 PM

Get burnett the hell out of there. People keep saying he sucked because the other safety sucked last year. The other safety had nothing to do with burnett blowing coverage duties all the time on his side of the field. The other safety was not responsible for burnett thinking it would be best to help tramon cover his slow guy on the sideline instead of helping hawk who was lined up with the fastest TE in the nfl, who was clearly running a streak off the snap

Hyde and clinton dix

At some point I think you'll get your wish. C-D is their most natural FS, and Hyde is a more instinctive player than Burnett. It might not happen right away though.

bobblehead
07-30-2014, 06:07 PM

Hyde and clinton dix

MM won't bench Burnett. Not saying he shouldn't, just saying he won't.

bobblehead
07-30-2014, 06:10 PM

Hyde and clinton dix

Incidentally, Last year I said that I liked Richardson/McMillan as the future at safety. I was halfway on the right track.

pittstang5
07-30-2014, 06:19 PM
MM won't bench Burnett. Not saying he shouldn't, just saying he won't.

Why do you think that? IMO, McCarthy has shown that if someone is better at a position, regardless of your pay or status on the team - you ride the pine.

RashanGary
07-30-2014, 06:42 PM

Hyde and clinton dix

You know what, I have a feeling it's going to pan out this way as well. Burnett will play for a lot of years in the league, but he's not very good. He's just not bad enough to give up on.

Bretsky
07-30-2014, 06:44 PM
Burnett has a lot of talent but he seems stupid. Watching the Bears game he made one phenominal game to break up a long pass and then went bonehead. I truly believe they need a veteran leader at that position to do some teaching. Whether it's bad coaching or they are just stupid....they need more direction

Joemailman
07-30-2014, 07:06 PM
packers signed WR Gerrard Sheppard off waivers from Baltimore. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/269292151.html

He's 6-1, 211. Spent last year on Baltimore's practice squad.

Brandon494
07-30-2014, 08:04 PM

Hyde and clinton dix

Won't happen because of his salary but I agree I like Hyde at FS and Dix at SS. I think Burnett sucked last season because of his hamstring injury but either way we have great depth at safety all of a sudden.

Rutnstrut
07-30-2014, 08:52 PM
I have heard a few different people say Linsley looks really good and Tretter looks so so. Has anyone heard/seen anything similar to this? I still think Linsley is a better center than Tretter so it wouldn't surprise me.

Guiness
07-30-2014, 08:58 PM
packers signed WR Gerrard Sheppard off waivers from Baltimore. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/269292151.html

He's 6-1, 211. Spent last year on Baltimore's practice squad.

Another WR? What are they possibly going to do with him, I'm sure they already have too many even for camp bodies. Are WR's this year's TE?

pbmax
07-30-2014, 09:44 PM
I have heard a few different people say Linsley looks really good and Tretter looks so so. Has anyone heard/seen anything similar to this? I still think Linsley is a better center than Tretter so it wouldn't surprise me.

Linsley had a rough go a day ago in one on ones, he was beaten a couple of times. But I haven't read much else on him.

EDIT: Praise for today: http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2014/07/30/packers-insider-rookie-linsley-looks-like-pro/13386863/

pbmax
07-30-2014, 09:51 PM
Same article: Flynn WAS injured.

Flynn looks like his throwing arm is livelier than last year, when he still was suffering from elbow tendinitis that dated back to training camp of 2012 with the Seattle Seahawks.

pbmax
07-30-2014, 10:07 PM
Pete Dougherty @PeteDougherty · Jul 26
no. 2 oline: Sherrod, Tiller, Linsley Lane, Adams left to right

Pete Dougherty @PeteDougherty · 12h
In 1on1 pass rush few periods ago, Linsley good day, went 3-0 against Pennel, Boyd n D Jones

pbmax
07-30-2014, 10:15 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bt1O8FsCEAA1aad.jpg

bobblehead
07-31-2014, 06:29 AM
Why do you think that? IMO, McCarthy has shown that if someone is better at a position, regardless of your pay or status on the team - you ride the pine.

I can think of a few instances where MM valued a veteran who is generally available more than he should have. I think we can all agree that Newhouse didn't belong on the field last season from about week 8 on.

bobblehead
07-31-2014, 06:35 AM
Linsley had a rough go a day ago in one on ones, he was beaten a couple of times. But I haven't read much else on him.

EDIT: Praise for today: http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2014/07/30/packers-insider-rookie-linsley-looks-like-pro/13386863/

Also from this article:

Nose tackle B.J. Raji looks rejuvenated. He's been getting excellent push on most of his one-on-one pass rushes, and in two different run-blocking drills (half line and one-on-one) the first two days he's pushed his way into the backfield several times

Fritz
07-31-2014, 07:18 AM
I think Burnett will be fine this year. No worries there. He'll have a partner who can play, whether it's Hyde, Clinton-Dix, or even Richardson, and he'll have a breakout year, I believe.

denverYooper
07-31-2014, 09:24 AM
Michael Rodney ‏@PackerUpdate 37m
Nice to see OLB Nick Perry practicing for the first time. Packers now have no players left on PUP list.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m
Defense giving Nick Perry a ton of reps on his first day of practice since last year. He's been at his favorite spot, ROLB.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m
Just saw Peppers do something #Packers OLBs constantly fail to do. Protect the back side. Didn't commit himself so cut back run would occur.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 13m
Nick Perry takes his first team rep. He and Neal were OLBs. Matthews also on the field.

Sean Richardson is having himself a terrific day. #Packers have always liked him. Is safety battle getting even more interesting?

S Sean Richardson is the three star player of practice so far. He's everywhere. Leveled TE Richard Rodgers.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5m
Richardson with another strong period. LaDarius Perkins has a little wiggle. Thought Linsley has looked strong again

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 5m
LaDarius Perkins just turned heads in 11 on 11 with a quick cut and burst upfield. Built a lot like Harris at 5 foot 7, 195.

pbmax
07-31-2014, 09:44 AM
WOO-HOO!!

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m
Defense giving Nick Perry a ton of reps on his first day of practice since last year. He's been at his favorite spot, ROLB.

Pugger
07-31-2014, 10:16 AM
Damn, I wish I was over there this morning.

Guiness
07-31-2014, 10:51 AM
No one left on PUP? Wow, nice. When did Neale get back?

pbmax
07-31-2014, 01:18 PM
Neal started practicing yesterday,

Cheesehead Craig
07-31-2014, 01:29 PM
Perry and Sherrod practicing? Be still my heart.

bobblehead
07-31-2014, 04:31 PM
I think Burnett will be fine this year. No worries there. He'll have a partner who can play, whether it's Hyde, Clinton-Dix, or even Richardson, and he'll have a breakout year, I believe.

what flavor is your kool aid? But I hope your right.

bobblehead
07-31-2014, 04:34 PM
Michael Rodney ‏@PackerUpdate 37m
Nice to see OLB Nick Perry practicing for the first time. Packers now have no players left on PUP list.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2m

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 2m
Just saw Peppers do something #Packers OLBs constantly fail to do. Protect the back side. Didn't commit himself so cut back run would occur.

Or was he too lazy to pursue?

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 13m
Nick Perry takes his first team rep. He and Neal were OLBs. Matthews also on the field.

Sean Richardson is having himself a terrific day. #Packers have always liked him. Is safety battle getting even more interesting?

This WILL NOT be my second Allen Babre moment!!!

S Sean Richardson is the three star player of practice so far. He's everywhere. Leveled TE Richard Rodgers.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 5m
Richardson with another strong period. LaDarius Perkins has a little wiggle. Thought Linsley has looked strong again

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 5m
LaDarius Perkins just turned heads in 11 on 11 with a quick cut and burst upfield. Built a lot like Harris at 5 foot 7, 195.

pbmax
07-31-2014, 06:02 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8h
Perry had a couple of quality rushes from the right side in one on one pass rush.

Fritz
07-31-2014, 06:29 PM
Perry had a couple of quality rushes from the right side in one on one pass rush.

I'm telling you, the dude may be a head case, he may have pissed McC right off, but he can rush the passer. Now if he can learn to hold contain on the run, and pretend he's covering a tight end or running back, he can be useful.

Fritz
07-31-2014, 06:31 PM
what flavor is your kool aid? But I hope your right.

It's cabernet flavor. I know, I'm being optimistic. But if you can't be optimistic now, when can you?

Question: I read on a tweet that the Packers have no one on PUP now. What about Worthy? Anyone know?

pbmax
07-31-2014, 06:33 PM
Neal, Peppers and Matthews in the game together. Matthews lining up all over the place. Going to have to stop the run in this grouping.

pbmax
07-31-2014, 06:33 PM
It's cabernet flavor. I know, I'm being optimistic. But if you can't be optimistic now, when can you?

Question: I read on a tweet that the Packers have no one on PUP now. What about Worthy? Anyone know?

Worthy and Guion are on the Non Football Injury list.

Fritz
07-31-2014, 06:34 PM
Interesting. Does this grouping mean two down linemen, or does it mean less Hawk on the field?

pbmax
07-31-2014, 07:42 PM
Interesting. Does this grouping mean two down linemen, or does it mean less Hawk on the field?

Fewer lineman I think, but not positive. If it was 3 lineman or 2-4 nickel, they wouldn't have wondered in the same Tweet about the run because it would have been conventional Capers scheme.

In the next mention in that segment of practice, both Hawk and Jones were present.

pbmax
07-31-2014, 07:43 PM
Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 8h
MM on Sherrod: fully recovered, you can see that in his balance, that's 1 thing that stands out. much stronger. Just needs to play, practice

pbmax
07-31-2014, 09:11 PM
WHAT?!

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn · 2h
NFL's Ed Hochuli said having Mike Pereira, others on TV "has been good for officiating. We're right far more than people think we're right"

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn · 2h
NFL ref Ed Hochuli: "I love the pressure and the adrenaline rush I get from that ... if my skills start to deteriorate I'll get out."He's 63

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn · 1h
Personally, Ed Hochuli can be as "wordy" as he wants to be in his game-day foul explanations. They're informative, priceless, entertaining.

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn · 1h
Just don't get Mike McCarthy going when it comes to October 2010 and Ed Hochuli. Does LB Rob Francois and illegal formation ring a bell?

Bob McGinn @BobMcGinn · 28m
Mike McCarthy insisted Sun and Mon after the 10-17-10 Miami OT loss that Francois wasn't within a yard of the l-snapper. Hochuli said he was

hoosier
08-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Something tells me Abbrederis has a significant leg injury.

bobblehead
08-01-2014, 01:36 PM
Something tells me Abbrederis has a significant leg injury.

That would fit in with the TT model of stashing a guy on IR for a season while his body gets more NFL ready :)

hoosier
08-01-2014, 01:40 PM
That would fit in with the TT model of stashing a guy on IR for a season while his body gets more NFL ready :)

You mean your dream of that model. When was the last time a first-year player got IRed and then went on to do something productive for GB?

Joemailman
08-01-2014, 01:40 PM
Quite a few flags thrown again today for pass interference.

Eddie Lacy pummeled Tramon Williams on a running play. Might have been a decleater.

Myles White and Davante Adams really stand out. I don't know how they're going to decide which 6 to keep.

Nice catch by Lyerla on a ball not thrown very well.

Raji looks like he's in the best shape I've ever seen him.

Peppers looks like he's 8 feet tall when he lines up outside a DE who has his hand on the ground.

bobblehead
08-01-2014, 01:41 PM
You mean your dream of that model. When was the last time a first-year player got IRed and then went on to do something productive for GB?

Did I say it was successful?

hoosier
08-01-2014, 02:11 PM
Myles White and Davante Adams really stand out. I don't know how they're going to decide which 6 to keep.

Keep Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams, White, Harper.
Abbrederis, Janis and Bobblehead to IR.

Striker
08-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Sounds like an ACL.

Green Bay - The Green Bay Packers were hoping for the best but fearing the worst Friday on knee damage suffered by wide receiver Jared Abbrederis of Wisconsin Thursday in practice.

A source told the Journal Sentinel that the diagnosis of the team's medical staff early Friday morning was a torn anterior cruciate ligament. The team was awaiting results of more diagnostic tests to confirm their original finding.

The Packers made no announcement of the damage suffered by Abbrederis, their fifth-round draft choice.

"I haven't had time to sit down with the medical staff," coach Mike McCarthy said about 11 a.m. "Right now, he has a knee. He completed practice yesterday."

Last year, tackle Bryan Bulaga also completed the intrasquad scrimmage at Lambeau with a knee injury that later was discovered to be a torn ACL.

Abbrederis attended practice Friday morning with a sizeable sleeve covering his right knee. He was able to jog from the field to the sideline, but then mostly stood around on the sideline.

Abbrederis had been giving a good account of himself in the first five practices. He played bigger and stronger than advertised, and also projected to be one of the top two or three candidates to return punts. He had become a huge favorite of the fans at Nitschke Field as well.

One reason why Abbrederis slipped to the fifth round despite a record-setting career for the Badgers was the question of durability. Personnel people from two teams said he suffered three or four concussions at UW, although Abbrederis maintained he incurred just one. In high school, he suffered a broken right femur as a sophomore but made a rapid recovery.

At 6 feet 1 inch and 195 pounds, Abbrederis was one of the leanest wide receivers in camp. At the combine, he bench-pressed 225 pounds just four times, which tied for the lowest total of more than 300 athletes in Indianapolis.

red
08-01-2014, 03:31 PM
That pretty much sums up whats wrong with our training staff

Dont know if the rook has a torn acl or not, but let him go out and practice anyways

Bulaga is allowed to play the whole scrimage on a knee injury that turned out to be a torn acl

Then there was the young guy last year who went to cleveland or cinci who turned out to have a torn acl that no one knew about

Does anyone on our training staff have an actual medical degree? It sure as hell doesnt seem like it sometimes

run pMc
08-01-2014, 03:45 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/40065371/Dr+Nick+Riviera+hi+everybody.gif

red
08-01-2014, 03:52 PM
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/40065371/Dr+Nick+Riviera+hi+everybody.gif

Exactly

bobblehead
08-02-2014, 01:05 AM

Dont know if the rook has a torn acl or not, but let him go out and practice anyways

Bulaga is allowed to play the whole scrimage on a knee injury that turned out to be a torn acl

Then there was the young guy last year who went to cleveland or cinci who turned out to have a torn acl that no one knew about

Does anyone on our training staff have an actual medical degree? It sure as hell doesnt seem like it sometimes

I thought Bulaga only played one more snap after he hurt his knee last year. But hey, that didn't stop us when the Germans bombed pearl harbor.

Fritz
08-02-2014, 07:57 AM
I'm curious about Datone Jones. Haven't heard his name much in any training camp reports. I wonder how he's doing.

pittstang5
08-02-2014, 08:55 AM
I've been wondering why Janis has been out and all the reports have said: illness. Read this morning that it's Shingles. Makes sense.

Pugger
08-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Keep Nelson, Cobb, Boykin, Adams, White, Harper.
Abbrederis, Janis and Bobblehead to IR.

Bobblehead? :cnf:

Brandon494
08-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Janis will make the 53, hes not going to IR.

Joemailman
08-02-2014, 09:54 AM

I thought Bulaga only played one more snap after he hurt his knee last year. But hey, that didn't stop us when the Germans bombed pearl harbor.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23023886/report-packers-fear-the-worst-with-bryan-bulaga-knee-injury

That's a disaster. It's made strange, though, by the fact that Bulaga apparently didn't miss a single snap with the first-team offense despite suffering the injury and was even working on some special-teams plays later in the practice.

That doesn't sound like a guy who suffered a season-ending knee injury does it?

It appears Bulaga did play on the knee after hurting it. However, it's unclear when Bulaga told anyone on the training staff that his knee hurt.

pbmax
08-02-2014, 11:33 AM
I'm curious about Datone Jones. Haven't heard his name much in any training camp reports. I wonder how he's doing.

Jones has had some good pass rushes in one on ones, reporters said it looked like him from last year. But haven't heard much else.

pbmax
08-02-2014, 11:52 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-comfortable-with-solid-crop-of-tight-ends-b99322497z1-269633481.html

"He moves well," quarterback Aaron Rodgers said. "Catches everything."

The passing game has always been the easy part for Richard Rodgers. He played wide receiver in high school before moving to tight end at California, where he bulked up to 275 pounds as a freshman and sophomore.

Last year, he lost 30 pounds to play a split-receiver position at 245. He's back up in the 270-275 range now and blocking as well as any tight end in camp, according to Fontenot.

"I've naturally just been better catching," said Rodgers. "I was a wide receiver in high school so blocking took some time. I'm still learning about blocking and hand placement and steps."

Neither Aaron Rodgers nor Fontenot thinks Richard Rodgers needs to lose any weight even though he ran a slow 40-yard dash time of 4.87 weighing 260 on March 18.

"I think I'm a conventional tight end," Rodgers said. "Playing receiver in high school and last year helped me be in the slot and be in space. I can play anywhere. That's exactly what a tight end needs to do in this offense."

Because I will never remember this.

Richard Rodgers freshman and sophomore: TE at 270 pounds
junior: split end at 245
combine: 260 and a 4.87 40

pbmax
08-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Cobb as holder:

Backup plan: Ever wonder who would be the holder if something happened to Tim Masthay.

Wonder no more. It's receiver Randall Cobb.

"He's good," special teams coach Shawn Slocum said. "Randall is a good holder. He's got a good one-piece motion. Puts the ball on the spot. Mason (Crosby) feels comfortable with him. He did it in college. He's been our backup holder for a while."

It makes you wonder what would happen if the Packers used Cobb, their all-purpose offensive option, as the full-time holder. They would have the ability to run fakes and probably force the opposing team to limit its number of rushers to account for a possible fake.

Slocum intends to stick with Masthay.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-happy-with-ha-ha-clinton-dixs-progress-b99322501z1-269633881.html

pbmax
08-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 19h
I hate this Abbrederis story. Just had someone tell me that if Abby does have an ACL tear, "I guarantee he doesn't know yet."

From yesterday at 5 PM.

bobblehead
08-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Bobblehead? :cnf:

I tweeked my ring finger typing my response.

bobblehead
08-02-2014, 01:33 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23023886/report-packers-fear-the-worst-with-bryan-bulaga-knee-injury

It appears Bulaga did play on the knee after hurting it. However, it's unclear when Bulaga told anyone on the training staff that his knee hurt.

I apologize Red. I swore I read last year that he limped off the field after playing one additional snap from when he first got up favoring the leg. Its pretty impressive to continue on after tearing a ligament.

pbmax
08-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Speaking of playing on ...

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 59s
Per @abbrecadabra's dad, he hurt his knee WEDNESDAY. RT @thROBmarley: His dad wrote on facebook he'll miss the year.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuDWM-NCcAA52tV.jpg

run pMc
08-02-2014, 05:54 PM
Tough luck for Abbrederis. From what I'd read about Abbrederis' camp so far, it's unlikely they would have cut him, but part of me thinks this could be a blessing in disguise for him. He'll have time to get healthy, stronger, and well-versed in the offense. It probably hurts the special teams more than anything this year.
I've been getting the impression the last WR spot was going to be either Dorsey or White, my guess is they both make it (if they keep 6 WRs, which I think they will). I like Harper but think he ends up on the PS (or signed off of it). I suppose the injury helps out Janis' chances as well but I think he gets invited to join the PS too.

denverYooper
08-03-2014, 09:21 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-comfortable-with-solid-crop-of-tight-ends-b99322497z1-269633481.html

Because I will never remember this.

Richard Rodgers freshman and sophomore: TE at 270 pounds
junior: split end at 245
combine: 260 and a 4.87 40

The quote makes me think he can be especially effective in the red zone. If he's a good blocker and can box guys out to make catches for TDs, he doesn't have to be particularly fast to give them flexibility there.

denverYooper
08-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Tough luck for Abbrederis. From what I'd read about Abbrederis' camp so far, it's unlikely they would have cut him, but part of me thinks this could be a blessing in disguise for him. He'll have time to get healthy, stronger, and well-versed in the offense. It probably hurts the special teams more than anything this year.
I've been getting the impression the last WR spot was going to be either Dorsey or White, my guess is they both make it (if they keep 6 WRs, which I think they will). I like Harper but think he ends up on the PS (or signed off of it). I suppose the injury helps out Janis' chances as well but I think he gets invited to join the PS too.

Yeah, tough for the kid but it probably factors well into GBs team building plans.

Pugger
08-03-2014, 09:59 AM
I tweeked my ring finger typing my response.

:lol: I hope you do well in rehab. ;-)

pbmax
08-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Not exactly progress, but at least Bach isn't a world ahead. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/training-camp-report-saturday-at-a-glance-b99322309z1-269710611.html

At times, the pass rush was heavy. "This is the best I've seen it," said DE Mike Daniels, referring to the first week. If play had been live, there probably would have been five sacks. LB Jayrone Elliott beat T Derek Sherrod and T Jeremy Vujnovich for sacks. Daniels notched one against G John Fullington and another against T David Bakhtiari. LB Adrian Hubbard beat T Don Barclay.

Davon House blanketed Jarrett Boykin for about five seconds covering multiple moves in one-on-ones, prompting Aaron Rodgers just to eat the ball.

WR Chris Harper's hands have been far too erratic. He dropped a 55-yard bomb from Tolzien behind the defense.

pbmax
08-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h
Asked Moss about his quote saying Perry had done "zero." He said it was "taken out of context." At the time, he hadn't worked with Perry.

denverYooper
08-04-2014, 08:44 AM
Great quote on Lacy:

Sam Gash on Lacy: "He looks like what they call in the NFL, a 'dude.' If he gets off the bus first, I'm going to be nervous."

Pugger
08-04-2014, 09:17 AM
What time does practice start today?

Joemailman
08-04-2014, 09:47 AM
What time does practice start today?

It's a late one. 5:30 P.M. I believe.

Joemailman
08-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Twitter
Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Rookie Jeff Janis is back at practice, his first training camp practice with the Packers.

Twitter
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
BJ Raji seems to be moving pretty well after getting stepped on Saturday night.

Twitter
Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Here's who's out for the Packers: Guion (hamstring), Lyerla (leg), Miller (ankle), Abbrederis (knee), Worthy (back), and now Michael Hill.

Twitter
Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Khyri Thornton wastes his man in this half-line drill. Couldn't tell who. Vid clips up later tonight.

Twitter
Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Packers working in the red zone now. Aaron Rodgers rolls right, throws a touchdown to Jake Stoneburner who finds a soft spot in the middle.

Twitter
Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Clay Matthews "sacks" Rodgers on a blitz. Datone Jones there, too. Tough TD grab by Quarless nonetheless, held by Richardson going down.

Twitter
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Khyri Thornton destroys Lane Taylor in one on one pass rush. He's having a good practice.

Twitter
Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
First real scuffle: JC Tretter strikes Robinson in the head in 1 on 1's, Robinson retaliates. T.J. Lang chimes in with a jab, everyone joins

Twitter
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
One guy flashing in zone on one pass rush is 6-3 255 lb OLB Jayrone Elliott. Beat Sherrod and Barclay.

Twitter
Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Rodgers to Rodgers on a deep slant in 11 on 9 segment. Tight end a large man who can move.

Twitter
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Nelson over the middle but Richardson is there. He's consistently around the ball.

Twitter
Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Another play by Jake Stoneburner. Diving out route, for 20 yards, from Scott Tolzien.

Twitter
Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
Flynn to Dorsey down left sideline for TD. Dennard beat badly.

Twitter
Tyler Dunne
@TyDunne
Packers mixing it up. Now, Clinton-Dix and Richardson get a series with the first defense.

bobblehead
08-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Can they keep Richardson out of the starting lineup? He sounds like the safety most consistently doing positive things.

smuggler
08-04-2014, 07:56 PM
He's the best athlete of the bunch. If he keeps making plays, he's got to see the field.

Teamcheez1
08-04-2014, 08:17 PM
MM says Lyerla out for several weeks with knee injury. My guess is he joins Abbrederis on IR for this season, or is cut outright for the PS.

pbmax
08-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Dorsey makes the Twitter feed. Sherrod got beat again. Going to have to start to read Bob to get totals for pass rush drills.

pbmax
08-04-2014, 08:42 PM
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 42m
McCarthy: Michael Hill has a concussion. Should be back soon.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 43m
Lyerla will be out several weeks. (with a knee)

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1h
No sign of Burnett in a while. Might've pulled out of practice again.

BURNETT MIGHT BE ACCOMMODATING THOSE THAT WANT TWO NEW SAFETIES THIS YEAR.

pbmax
08-04-2014, 08:46 PM
#Packers D showing varied looks during this red-zone blitz period, including "bat" package (six DBs, four LBs, one DL).

ALSO KNOWN AS WIST TROLLING.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2h
Derek Sherrod with a win on Jones in the final rep. Guessing he was listening to the nearby fan, citing the fact he was a first-round pick.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 14m
Per agent, Vinnie Porter, Lyerla's knee is swollen and it's "going to be a while." But adds "it does not look like surgery will be needed."

Brandon494
08-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Damn nothing on Janis?

smuggler
08-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Fuck.... Lyerla... no. :(

Joemailman
08-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Damn nothing on Janis?

Janis was back, but he wasn't doing anything in full contact drills yet.

ThunderDan
08-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Fuck.... Lyerla... no. :(

Lyerla tried to do his best William Henderson impersonation and hurdle someone during the family night practice. Unfortunately, he didn't clear the guy and landed funny. They had to cart him to the locker room.

pbmax
08-04-2014, 10:56 PM
McCarthy was mad at him for trying that during a no tackle drill.

denverYooper
08-05-2014, 08:29 AM
#Packers D showing varied looks during this red-zone blitz period, including "bat" package (six DBs, four LBs, one DL).

ALSO KNOWN AS WIST TROLLING.

Lol. I hope his ticker can survive this.

pbmax
08-05-2014, 10:06 AM
McGinn:

Perhaps as a nod to Davon House's strong showing in camp, the No. 1 dime included House and Sam Shields outside, Tramon Williams as the nickel and Micah Hyde as the dime. Williams had stayed outside almost the entire camp. Casey Hayward wasn't on the field. Brad Jones remained the only LB.

You have to have Hayward in dime, don't you?

run pMc
08-05-2014, 10:24 AM
McGinn:

You have to have Hayward in dime, don't you?

Normally, yes. Hayward is a very good CB.
I see it as a reward for House, a rest for Hayward (easy on those hammies!), and a chance to see how that lineup performs in a non-emergency situation.

call_me_ishmael
08-05-2014, 10:36 AM
House is gonna be a player. You see the flashes where he could be a very solid guy.

Brandon494
08-05-2014, 10:39 AM
House shows "flashes" every training camp then blows in actual games. He needs to show he can transfer those flashes in games.

pittstang5
08-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Sounds like Barclay got carted off the field today. Top back up lineman...not good.

Teamcheez1
08-05-2014, 01:42 PM
Saw on the blog that Barclay had to be carted off with a leg/knee injury. Looks like our depth just took a hit.

Guiness
08-05-2014, 01:55 PM
Saw on the blog that Barclay had to be carted off with a leg/knee injury. Looks like our depth just took a hit.

For those that have us keeping 8OL on the 53 I say...! :huh:

3irty1
08-05-2014, 02:16 PM
House shows "flashes" every training camp then blows in actual games. He needs to show he can transfer those flashes in games.

Last year at this time Jerron McMillian was red hot in camp.

VegasPackFan
08-05-2014, 04:22 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2014/08/05/barclay-suffers-torn-acl-in-tuesdays-practice/13634561/

Says Barclay has Torn ACL.. and so it begins.

MadScientist
08-05-2014, 04:23 PM

From MM:

Suffered a knee injury in a team pressure drill. I was standing right behind him. Got himself in a bad situation. He's being evaluated. You could definitely see he was in a compromising situation. We'll wait to see what we're dealing with. Donnie, they don't come any better than him.

Given how much more detailed that was than the normal MM report, the question is not IR or not IR, but will he walk again.

denverYooper
08-05-2014, 04:34 PM
@WesHod: Bad news for #Packers...swing tackle Don Barclay tore his ACL during Tuesday's practice http://pck.rs/1s97wZc

Joemailman
08-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Looks like Sherrod now becomes the top backup at both OT positions. A real opportunity for guys like Aaron Adams, John Fullington and Jeremy Vujnovich.

Brandon494
08-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Think Sherrod would play tackle and they'll move Bakh inside to guard if need be.

smuggler
08-05-2014, 05:38 PM
That would be great provided Sherrod could actually play and Bulaga remain healthy. Poor Barclay...

pbmax
08-05-2014, 05:43 PM
O line jinx continues.

bobblehead
08-05-2014, 06:03 PM

He did handle Crabtree remarkably well in the playoff game...held like crazy, but that's the way the refs were calling it.

run pMc
08-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Looks like Sherrod now becomes the top backup at both OT positions. A real opportunity for guys like Aaron Adams, John Fullington and Jeremy Vujnovich.

Bad news about Barclay. He was the 6th OL. I think this opens things up for Lane Taylor or Garth Gerhart. More than the others.
Sherrod makes the team as backup swing tackle. From the tweets I've seen he's taken snaps at both LT and RT in 1-1's but I'm pretty sure they'll work him even more now.

Joemailman
08-05-2014, 06:27 PM
He did handle Crabtree remarkably well in the playoff game...held like crazy, but that's the way the refs were calling it.

Pretty good chance though the refs won't be calling it like that this year.

pbmax
08-05-2014, 10:05 PM

Not in the first half he didn't. And I think, but am not sure, they adjusted coverage toward Crab and away from Davis to compensate.

13 targets total, 8 receptions, 135 yds, avg 15.6 and long of 31. House did have 2 passes defended, but my suspicion is that he was the most targeted DB as well.

In the first half, Crab had 4 for 70 including the 31 yarder for 17.5 average.

pbmax
08-05-2014, 10:13 PM
That would be great provided Sherrod could actually play and Bulaga remain healthy. Poor Barclay...

In 1on1s, Sherrod goes 3-0 with wins over Boyd n Bradford at RT, Mulumba at

Keep hope alive!!

pbmax
08-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 9h
#Packers DNPs:
Hill (concussion)
Miller (ankle)
Burnett (unknown)
Lyerla (knee)
Abbrederis (knee)
Guion (hamstring)
Worthy (back)

Need to add Barclay to this list from today.

bobblehead
08-06-2014, 06:55 AM

Keep hope alive!!

Looks like they are hell bent on making him the 6th man at this point. Oh well.

denverYooper
08-06-2014, 08:29 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BuW4lCPIMAQn53E.jpg

@TheBobBecker Mike McCarthy's off-season. #photoshop #HardBeingAWarriorSometimes #packers

Tony Oday
08-06-2014, 11:04 AM

Keep hope alive!!

lol this is like saying AR Dominated the 3rd string defense...not what you call pass rushing elite there.

pbmax
08-06-2014, 11:17 AM
lol this is like saying AR Dominated the 3rd string defense...not what you call pass rushing elite there.

Everyone needs work. Can't just be 1 on 1 the whole camp.

pbmax
08-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 20m
Talked to Worthy a bit more after Family Night. He mentioned he hurt his back hang-cleaning during the off-season.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 21m
Just pulled into practice, where Burnett (oblique), Miller (ankle), Worthy (lower back), Guion (hamstring) are all out on defense.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 20m
WR Jeff Janis in pads and taking reps with scout team. May be cleared for contact.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 17m
A more explosive lift, with the barbell. RT @iKnodeItAll what is "hang-cleaning?"

Sherrod at RT with 2s in half line drill.

hoosier
08-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 20m
Talked to Worthy a bit more after Family Night. He mentioned he hurt his back hang-cleaning during the off-season.

(....)

RT @iKnodeItAll what is "hang-cleaning?"

Answer: the curse of Mark Lovat!

hoosier
08-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Burnett has an oblique.

Joemailman
08-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Burnett has an oblique.

An oblique what?

hoosier
08-06-2014, 07:43 PM
An oblique what?

An oblique strain.

For you old timers who aren't used to hearing of such things, the oblique muscle was added by God in the year 1998.

Joemailman
08-06-2014, 07:45 PM
Oh. In school, I only learned about oblique triangles.

KYPack
08-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Both Jeff Janis and Davante Adams made one handed TD grabs on Wednesday. Adams followed up by dropping a couple easy balls. Janis' grab was the highlight of the day, made over Shields and followed up by a perfect toe drag. WR should be an interesting battle.

vince
08-07-2014, 05:26 PM
Oh. In school, I only learned about oblique triangles.
You're just being obtuse, right? Or is it a more acute problem?

Joemailman
08-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Jordy has a hamstring. Not serious. Day tp day.

Rajion Neal not a long term injury.

Patler
08-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Jordy has a hamstring. Not serious. Day tp day.

It's called Packer Leg. He will sit out the next 2 weeks of camp, come back and try to play the last preseason game, re-injure the leg and miss the first month of the season.

Either that, or he will practice on Thursday.

hoosier
08-11-2014, 03:01 PM
Boyd has ribs. Hopefully he had the good sense to use Bobby Seale's cookbook. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61yFLEqpsfL.jpg

pbmax
08-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Shoulda gone to yoga.

pittstang5
08-11-2014, 06:11 PM
It's called Packer Leg. He will sit out the next 2 weeks of camp, come back and try to play the last preseason game, re-injure the leg and miss the first month of the season.

Either that, or he will practice on Thursday.

QFT

OR this will linger all freakin year.

It's the curse of signing a big contract. See Rodgers and Mathews last year.

Joemailman
08-11-2014, 06:16 PM
QFT

OR this will linger all freakin year.

It's the curse of signing a big contract. See Rodgers and Mathews last year.

And Burnett. On 2nd thought, maybe we shouldn't extend Cobb.

HarveyWallbangers
08-12-2014, 01:15 AM
Carl Bradford received little playing time in the Tennessee game. He wasn't overly impressive in the snaps he did get. A lot of people think he'd be better on the inside--including some scouts in the article.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-rookie-carl-bradford-gets-little-game-action-b99328166z1-270847151.html

I just wonder if they are waiting too long to make the move. I felt the same way about Micah Hyde last year. I see his position being ILB in the NFL. I think long term he could compete with Lattimore or Barrington as a replacement for Hawk or Jones inside.

vince
08-12-2014, 06:21 AM
Carl Bradford received little playing time in the Tennessee game. He wasn't overly impressive in the snaps he did get. A lot of people think he'd be better on the inside--including some scouts in the article.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-rookie-carl-bradford-gets-little-game-action-b99328166z1-270847151.html

I just wonder if they are waiting too long to make the move. I felt the same way about Micah Hyde last year. I see his position being ILB in the NFL. I think long term he could compete with Lattimore or Barrington as a replacement for Hawk or Jones inside.
I don't think it's too surprising given his lack of experience standing up that going into the first preseason game he's behind the 2nd year guys who both saw a fair amount of action last year. He's got to bide his time, learn new techniques and earn opportunities.

I'm also not sure he has the range to cover on the inside. He's probably slower than Hodge was, who was a step slow inside. I think he'll be fine but it may take some time for the conversion. Eventually you'll be able to hide him out in the flat in coverage once in a while but you want that guy on the other side of the line of scrimmage chasing the QB more often than chasing guys in the slot downfield.

pittstang5
08-12-2014, 07:19 AM

When Bradford was drafted, I immediately thought he was drafted for the inside. All reports from the coaches stated he was going to be an OLB, which left me scratching my head. Maybe this will turn out to be like Brad Jones - start at OLB, then move to ILB.

pbmax
08-12-2014, 07:52 AM
I think everyone thought he was targeted to inside given the scouting reports and team needs. But as I recall, the guys in charge saw him as a pass rusher.

3irty1
08-12-2014, 08:44 AM
I think everyone thought he was targeted to inside given the scouting reports and team needs. But as I recall, the guys in charge saw him as a pass rusher.

I'd think you'd want to give anyone who was college passrusher with a 37.5" vertical a thorough evaluation rushing the passer before moving on to plan B.

Patler
08-12-2014, 08:44 AM
I can't get too excited about how much or how little a rookie plays in the first preseason game, especially one who is changing positions and has a lot of vets to beat out.