PDA

View Full Version : Players That Did Not Deliver

Partial
08-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Brett Favre - Does any other quarterback have the ball slip out of his hands this much? As Steve Czaban joked this morning, even though Favre may be a little crazy in his head thinking coming back to the "most talented team he's been a part of" was a good idea, his hands think he is out of his fricking mind. Seriously though, I am really sick of seeing retarded fumbles like that get shown on sports center. That seems to happen to Favre more than any other player. Is it the thumb injury? Also, why the hell are you throwing a ball with no touch on it? When your receiver are 15 yards away you don't need to rifle it. I can count 3 first downs without reviewing any tape that were rocketed balls that weren't necessary that the player did not hold on to. It'll be popular to blame the receivers, but if you don't have guys that can hang onto the ball you need to adjust your game. Yuck.

Robert Ferguson - Cut this guy already! Special teams demon? Hardly, in fact he was invisible and unimpessive in every facet of the game last night. Get rid of him.

Donald Lee - The 2nd most overrated Packer. Has this guy seriously dropped below David Martin and Zac Alcorn to the 4th tight end spot? No wonder Miami didn't want him. I am so sick of players who are ligthening fast but play like a bunch of girls. Cut him.

David Martin - Fergy junior. Cut him, cut him now. I will give him props in that he stoned a linebacker on the one effective blitz pick-up until the rain delay. In other plays, it seems he dropped 2-3 passes.

Aaron Kampman - Why is it that Mike Montgomery is substituting for this guy on running downs and not KGB. Was he that bad last night? This guy looked invisible to me. I definitely think we overpaid for an overachieving linemen last year. This guy looked poor last night.

Brady Poppinga - The most overrated Packer. What happened to being fired up and ready to run around and hit some people. If this happened, it is news to me. Terrible, terrible, terrible.

Marquad Manual - I thought you were supposed to be an in the box safety not afraid to lay a punishing hit. I saw you let Hoosamama sprint untouched into the end zone, and miss 3-4 easy tackles. He looked awful and the worst starter out there. It's possible its the front 7's fault for this, though.

Nick Barnett - Grow a pair. Simple as that. Eat, and hit the weight room. This guy has no idea how to play the game and was the 2nd worst defensive player in front of only Manual in my opinion. Looked out of place, unable to get to the passer ever, and unable to read an offensive line and hit the right hole.

Chuck Woodson - Please stop jogging and play like a man. I hope this isn't how you intend to play during the season. I realize the pass rush sucked but you were burned badly and often.

Greg Jennings - Sure, you look the part but you drop every difficult Favre pass thrown to you. Spend some extra time with him and learn how to hang onto Favre's unnecessarily-overpoweringly-thrown rockets.

Offensive Line Coach - Why are you not switching Moll and Spitz already? Spitz appears to be a solid run blocker, and that's Tauscher's specaility. Clifton looks pretty average to slightly above average against the run. Why not solidify half of our line so we can actually you know have an offense?

McCarthy - I hope to read an article in the paper tomorrow morning about how you made the players sit in a room together in 100% silence, then watch the tape, then spend another hour in a room with them in 100% silence. Teach your players to think about how awful that was, and really engrain it into their heads. That was outrageous. You're a new coach and you need your team to fight until the end. Bill Cowher's team never looks so ill-prepared.

Feel free to add anyone.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-29-2006, 09:16 AM
The whole team

CaliforniaCheez
08-29-2006, 09:20 AM
I would substitute the words Rod Gardner for Donald Lee and agree on most everything.

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 09:23 AM
The whole team

I second that sentiment.

tyler

Rastak
08-29-2006, 09:28 AM
Manual missed all of camp so maybe you give him a free pass. Woodson needs to play better, that's for sure and McCarthy actually looked worried on the sidelines. I kind of feel for the guy...I'm guessing not many will tolorate that sort of thing in the real season.....you guys chased Shermy out of town and I'm guessing McCarthy will have a longer leash but not ultra long.

Partial
08-29-2006, 09:30 AM
I would substitute the words Rod Gardner for Donald Lee and agree on most everything.

Rod Gardner is not overrated to the level of Donald Lee. He also had a nice grab, but also a bad drop. Man, this team is awful.

Packnut
08-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Put the blame where it lies. This is all on TT and it's time EVERYONE realize it. You don't let your best players walk out the door without even trying and be egotistical or STUPID enough that your gonna replace them in the draft.

The sad part is there are people who will say give him time and that's it ok to suck for the next few years while the youth developes. Well what happens if TT sucks at drafting and these guys don't pan out? At this point, Jennings is the only player we can count on. Hawk was invisible last night.

My point is we go through the next 3 yrs of being laughed at and then after that time we still suck. Before ya know it, welcome to the 70's and 80's.

OMG WE'D GET ALONG VERY WELL; a lot of solid views in there. Except I like Hawk; but what TT did with all that money sure was a shocker to me

Green Bud Packer
08-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Man, this team is awful.they played awful last nite but last week they looked o.k. i think we fans have an average n.f.l. team to root for.i've seen packer football good and bad and i've enjoyed packer football good or bad. bring on the bears

mmmdk
08-29-2006, 09:47 AM
The whole team

Not just this team but ALL the teams in Packers history didn't deliver :roll: Get a grip :lol:

SudsMcBucky
08-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Man, this team is awful.they played awful last nite but last week they looked o.k. i think we fans have an average n.f.l. team to root for.i've seen packer football good and bad and i've enjoyed packer football good or bad. bring on the bears

Yeah, they looked great last week, but ATL pulled Vick out tied 7-7. Their 1st team O took the ball down our throats and, most likely, would have even more had they stayed in for 3 Q's like GB's 1st team did. Also, ATL was without their best offensive player, Alge.

Our D is NOT looking like it will stop anyone. 2 horrible performances, and a distorted sense of greatness from a short-handed ATL team.

Partial
08-29-2006, 09:52 AM

Yeah, they looked great last week, but ATL pulled Vick out tied 7-7. Their 1st team O took the ball down our throats and, most likely, would have even more had they stayed in for 3 Q's like GB's 1st team did. Also, ATL was without their best offensive player, Alge.

Our D is NOT looking like it will stop anyone. 2 horrible performances, and a distorted sense of greatness from a short-handed ATL team.

QFT

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-29-2006, 09:54 AM
The whole team

Not just this team but ALL the teams in Packers history didn't deliver :roll: Get a grip :lol:

How can you not agree the whole team didn't deliver? Who played well yesterday? This is a team game, and if everyone is dropping balls, missing tackles, who esle do you blame but the team. Fergie, lee, Green, woodson, etc., didn't single handedly lose us the game, the whole team did.

Partial
08-29-2006, 09:57 AM
The whole team

How can you not agree the whole team didn't deliver? Who played well yesterday? This is a team game, and if everyone is dropping balls, missing tackles, who esle do you blame but the team. Fergie, lee, Green, woodson, etc., didn't single handedly lose us the game, the whole team did.

Donald Driver looked good. Collins looked alright as he should. Jenkins was the only one willing to hit anyone. Everyone else looked like shit.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-29-2006, 10:02 AM
When I say the whole team, I thought my point was pretty obvious. Not literally every single player, but as a whole they did bad. I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

edit- BTW, DD did have a drop

Partial
08-29-2006, 10:11 AM
When I say the whole team, I thought my point was pretty obvious. Not literally every single player, but as a whole they did bad. I didn't think it was that hard to understand.

edit- BTW, DD did have a drop

NO YOU MEANT THE WHOLE TEAM AND I WON'T ACCEPT NO FOR AN ANSWER :mrgreen: DONE WITH CAPS NOW

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Fine you want the whole team:

Three players you mentioned

DD- Had a drop, that lead to a pick, that lead to a TD
Collins- Playing alright doesn't mean he "delivered"
Jenkins- came in and played good against backups and some think he is a possible starter.

WHO ESLE? (oops used caps to try and prove my point).

Partial
08-29-2006, 10:34 AM
Fine you want the whole team:

Three players you mentioned

DD- Had a drop, that lead to a pick, that lead to a TD
Collins- Playing alright doesn't mean he "delivered"
Jenkins- came in and played good against backups and some think he is a possible starter.

WHO ESLE? (oops used caps to try and prove my point).

I only typed in caps 'cause I have to type in product serial numbers and forgot to turn it off. I didn't feel like retyping. It'd be really nice if you could highlight text and hit shift and have to switch from uppercase to lowercase and vice versa with another click.

woodbuck27
08-29-2006, 12:06 PM
" Brett Favre - Does any other quarterback have the ball slip out of his hands this much? As Steve Czaban joked this morning, even though Favre may be a little crazy in his head thinking coming back to the "most talented team he's been a part of" was a good idea, his hands think he is out of his fricking mind. Seriously though, I am really sick of seeing retarded fumbles like that get shown on sports center. That seems to happen to Favre more than any other player. Is it the thumb injury? Also, why the hell are you throwing a ball with no touch on it? When your receiver are 15 yards away you don't need to rifle it. I can count 3 first downs without reviewing any tape that were rocketed balls that weren't necessary that the player did not hold on to. It'll be popular to blame the receivers, but if you don't have guys that can hang onto the ball you need to adjust your game. Yuck." ... Partial

Commment woodbuck27:

Partial:

Jaysus,Mary and Joseph...PLEASE... cut Brett Favre a break... on losing control of the ball, given... that game's environmental conditions.

People here told us clearly, that the field was wet and slickness on the football may have played a factor in handling (protecting) the football.

That goes for handing off the ball to a RB, a RB taking that handoff and protecting the ball in the run if he has daylight and time to go there?That goes for receiving and protecting the ball, and also taking snaps at QB and long snaps to punt the ball.. ie Jon Ryan's first two punts averaging 34.5 yard's ( Jon Ryan .., Uhhh ! 34.5 yard's come on ).

Partial. After those two punts by Jon Ryan. On the game thread. Did you read my post asking about field conditions ie wetness/rain... because it was obvious to me, as I observed Game Center on NFL.COM... that something in that regard was wrong/strange.

Next up Partial... Favre and touch on the football to receiver's,when they are "in close to"... the line of scrimmage.

Brett Favre... and touch on pass's to receivers downfield 15 yards.

Yes (and maybe)... but only if that receiver was wide open... then Brett had an option on touch on the ball. I'm not Brett Favre and neither are you, Partial.

This was a preseason game that set up the REAL picture for Ted Thompson and Coach McCarthy and Co. ... and for the reality of ALL Packer fans in just this sense.

YES ...we have a long ways to go toword's being competitive with the likes of the Chargers and Bengals ! YES !!

Is that fact...a shock to YOU Partial?

I'm not trying to rip you a new one young fella. Trust that. You do need to relax on Brett Favre a tad, and how that QB... OUR's... plays his game and will "in fact"... work like HELL to get it as good as it can /may well be in 2006. :mrgreen:

Brett Favre and touch on his pass's?

I cannot accurately assess that... given I didn't see a thing from actual play in the Bengal's game, as yet Partial.

I don't expect I will !?

Many highlights to choose from?........ Right?

Other's here... will tell me ALL I need, as I assess their posts.

I certainly try to read it all, certainly most of it, as hard as that sometimes is on me. :mrgreen:

NOW Partial what's up with... this in YOU? You ask yourself this and answer it in YOURSELF, OK.

Even when Favre got one into Driver for a TD you were all over that. Right? They combined for a TD..... and you Partial, criticize that result??? YOU jump ALL over favre.Big Time your onhim with the meat hook.

Good grief !! :sad: That's sad Partial.

After such a wait something...and YOU trash it ??? Nice...NO !!!

Something not going well there young man. GOOD LUCK with the REAL problem. :mrgreen:

I'll probe you Partial. This is ALL for YOU. Not an attack on YOU. K

Are YOU on Favre's case, as a Packer fan Partial? What is the alternative to Brett Favre at QB (now )Partial? Really think on that question and answer it rightfully ??

Good !!................................................ .................That's correct.

Partial:

Could "the fact"...that there was no Running Game and therefore no rhythm on the Offense have played a factor in only one successful drive with Favre at the helm? Oh in the second half favre got us in positionfor a FG as well. What was it... a 35 yarder or so? We had to be in close in the Red right.

Was it all Brett Favre that screwed up there partial? Maybe it was? Somehow I doubt that was the factual case. I will be surprized if it was.

Too often Fans are merely results oriented in their praise or condemnationof a player such as we have in Brett Favre. My suggestion to YOU Partial....

It's OK..RELAX some young fella. :mrgreen:

We gained (I believe) less than 80 yards on the ground, in the entire game and the Running Game was best in a quarter when Aaron Rodgers was into the game.

Did Mike McCarthy adjust the play calling after favre's departure fr. the game? I havn't analyzed that as yet, but someone here has I expect.

NO Running game means... we are sunk. A fact of NFL football (football) and any success in a game plan.

Take it down on Favre... Partial, if that works for YOU. :mrgreen:

Maybe.. go somewhere else Partial. Does that tact wash "in reality"?

In consideration of the BIG PICTURE... for OUR 2006 season?

"Robert Ferguson - Cut this guy already! Special teams demon? Hardly, in fact he was invisible and unimpessive in every facet of the game last night. Get rid of him." ... Partial

Ted Thompson is forced now to act severly in regards to Vet WR's that are not bringing it in TC.

The writing is on the wall. Clearly robert ferguson has to be moved out of Green Bay. Trade him or cut him and use any money for players just deserving .Players that do bring it.

Al Harris is a candicdate for more coin.

The scam that they (Robert Ferguson and Rod Gardner) are just lolly dollying it till the season begins... doesn't trump the attitude and effort with results favourable to us of ** Donald Driver and **Greg Jennings.

** They are now OUR Starting WR's for the Bear's first regular season game on Sept.10/06 and anything else from Ted Thompson and /or Coach Mike Mccarthy...

is clearly... BULLSHIT !!

NOT acceptable.

" Donald Lee - The 2nd most overrated Packer. Has this guy seriously dropped below David Martin and Zac Alcorn to the 4th tight end spot? No wonder Miami didn't want him. I am so sick of players who are ligthening fast but play like a bunch of girls. Cut him." ... Partial

Comment woodbuck27:

Look below at your judgement on David Martin. Partial

What does that suggest to YOU?

" David Martin - Fergy junior. Cut him, cut him now. I will give him props in that he stoned a linebacker on the one effective blitz pick-up until the rain delay. In other plays, it seems he dropped 2-3 passes." ... Partial

Comment woodbuck27

Look above on your judgement on Donald Lee Partial.

What does that suggest to YOU?

YOU want to cut em ALL...LOL :mrgreen:

You want to go with new blood.. right??

I agree Partial, if that should be the answer for the team in 2006.

I see David Martin gone and back and gone again this season. I can't believe we have been all this way with another TE after OUR experience with Tyrone Davis (is that his name? LOL.

Yet, in 2005, it took Ted Thompson forever to give Bubba Franks what was fair last season before TC...TT playing the cheap game, and that weighed heavily I believe in costing us Bubba Franks.

Bubba came into TC too late ...and what happened to Bubba? I'll direct you thought's to one charles Woodson and how Al harris has been a bit off the mark till last night by the reports Al harris had a nice Preseason game.

I hold TT responsible for the lousy start to 2005, as he was too much in love with his happenstace free fall pick of Aaron "he's pretty ordinary" Rodgers.

Baaarrrrffff !! Over that screwup in TC last season. What a mess !!!!

Yet... here we are into 2006 and is all good?

NO !!

I do see signs that maybe Ted is a proper GM...with maybe the full package...... but not enough.... I call's it as I see it....

"Aaron Kampman - Why is it that Mike Montgomery is substituting for this guy on running downs and not KGB. Was he that bad last night? This guy looked invisible to me. I definitely think we overpaid for an overachieving linemen last year. This guy looked poor last night." ... Partial

woodbuck27:

Two word's Partial:

HOLY MACKERAL !!

" Brady Poppinga - The most overrated Packer. What happened to being fired up and ready to run around and hit some people. If this happened, it is news to me. Terrible, terrible, terrible." ... Partial

Woodbuck27:

Yaaaaa cut him too, Ehh !?? Cut em all. :mrgreen: Partial.

" Marquad Manual - I thought you were supposed to be an in the box safety not afraid to lay a punishing hit. I saw you let Hoosamama sprint untouched into the end zone, and miss 3-4 easy tackles. He looked awful and the worst starter out there. It's possible its the front 7's fault for this, though."... Partial

Comment woodbuck27:

Partial !!!! How long has he been in TC ? Time......

" Nick Barnett - Grow a pair. Simple as that. Eat, and hit the weight room. This guy has no idea how to play the game and was the 2nd worst defensive player in front of only Manual in my opinion. Looked out of place, unable to get to the passer ever, and unable to read an offensive line and hit the right hole." ... Partial

comment woodbuck27

Fueck it!! Ehh Partial...CUT hin too. My poor digits are aching pounding on my keyboard !'m so pissed !!! I'll be angrier tomorrow,partial.it's ALL good though as it's ALL on me.I have to deal with it .It's mine. :mrgreen:

"Chuck Woodson - Please stop jogging and play like a man. I hope this isn't how you intend to play during the season. I realize the pass rush sucked but you were burned badly and often."... Partial

Comment woodbuck27

Oh partial i notice that he deserves your plea and use of the word PLEASE....mmmm

Wondering how he rates that consideration fr. YOU Partial?

What he was is..... what ....he was Partial, and that is gone forever...

REALLY Partial why cut this clown a break??

I'd...CUT his ass ASAP ...as an example of the way he's been since TT signed " this counterfeit" to a FA Contract, that is valued for one year....

enough money.... to feed thousands of starvin' people in Africa.

Screw... Charles Woodson and his rotten attitude and "it's all about me ways".

That SUCKS !!! He'll embarass Ted Thompson. Count on it !!!

Greg Jennings - Sure, you look the part but you drop every difficult Favre pass thrown to you. Spend some extra time with him and learn how to hang onto Favre's unnecessarily-overpoweringly-thrown rockets.... Partial

Comment woodbuck27:

Uhhhh...the RANT :mrgreen: continues...GOOD !! ;

" Offensive Line Coach - Why are you not switching Moll and Spitz already? Spitz appears to be a solid run blocker, and that's Tauscher's specaility. Clifton looks pretty average to slightly above average against the run. Why not solidify half of our line so we can actually you know have an offense?" ... Partial

comment woodbuck27:

OK Partial

" McCarthy - I hope to read an article in the paper tomorrow morning about how you made the players sit in a room together in 100% silence, then watch the tape, then spend another hour in a room with them in 100% silence. Teach your players to think about how awful that was, and really engrain it into their heads. That was outrageous. You're a new coach and you need your team to fight until the end. Bill Cowher's team never looks so ill-prepared."... Partial

Comment woodbuck27;

That was a terrible game for us at PACKERRATS to endure, for sure, but here we are back where we have to be.Support for one another and OUR Team.

M3 ...What is in him today/ A new HC of a team that looks as full of holes as Swiss Cheese. ALOT -ALOY and more than that to do but he needs Ted Thompson's full support as a GENERAL MANAGER !!!!!!.

GENERAL Manager!!!!!

" Feel free to add anyone "...Partial

comment woodbuck27:

:mrgreen: X 10

It'll be..... OK, Partial.

TRUST THAT !!!

woodbuck27
08-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Manual missed all of camp so maybe you give him a free pass. Woodson needs to play better, that's for sure and McCarthy actually looked worried on the sidelines. I kind of feel for the guy...I'm guessing not many will tolorate that sort of thing in the real season.....you guys chased Shermy out of town and I'm guessing McCarthy will have a longer leash but not ultra long.

We certainly have MIKE McCarthy's same concerns Rastak.

I felt we would face a REAL test from "the Bengals".

NO excuses are that relevant to what really hapened to OUR side on the field.

Same conditions and alot different results points to just how far we have to come.

After the cuts (GM Ted Thompson's) today... we'll see more of the direction we are headed in.

I TRUST he will be smart about who he cuts. It's TIME to cut the deadwood and I expect some players that were on OUR Roster last season ...TO GO today or Saturday

Time ... " to pay the Piper " ...

Robert Ferguson and Rod Gardner and David Martin and Ahmad Carroll / Mike Hawkins and Vonta Leach???

Think... your safe?? :roll:

GO PACKERS ! FAITH in Ted Thompson's Direction...mmmmm

cpk1994
08-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Brett Favre - Does any other quarterback have the ball slip out of his hands this much?

Yes. Duante Culpepper.

Pack_Attack
08-29-2006, 01:32 PM
i cant believe the person that started this thread said Favre put too much on that INT to driver!!

LMAOROTF!!!!!!!!!

Favre has to throw a pass in the middle of the field, 18yds away from Driver, BETWEEN 3 BENGAL PLAYERS and you want him to lollypop it in there???

I thought you were disgusted the pass was picked?? with your logic, the Bengal DB's could have chosen who got the pick on the play if Favre did not fire it in there!!

try using your head once in awhile and undertand what all entails the physics successful passes!!

its really not that hard to figure out!!

privatepacker
08-29-2006, 02:29 PM
I thought the team looked very poor. That being said, I see a lot of post saying fire TT or MM. The issue is we are re-building and its going to take time. We don't have a lot of talent. Re-building isn't easy or pretty and I don't know how you do it w/o a lot of ugly performances. We don't have a base yet. We don't have solid lines on either side of the ball and lack lots in terms of skilled positions. What we have are young guys that will make mistakes but if they start working together, can accomplish enough to get us to the next stage. I live in Dallas and have seen how Dallas has done it. This year I think they will be very good on defense but still weak on offense. They also had 3-4 years of 5-11 teams. We have to be ready for another 2 years of bad play. We could improve faster but since our drafts from the past 4 years have been lacking, then it takes a while to build ourselves up again.
The team as a whole didn't seem to be in synch. last night. I still think towards the end of the year we will see some real improvement in the defense. We'll have to get points any way we can.