PDA

View Full Version : Abbrederis has a knee

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2014, 03:52 PM
It sucks for Abbrederis, but I'm not sure it hurts the team too much. I think Abby was on the bubble, lot of a competition for returners. Not so terrible for roster considerations to IR him for a year.

red
08-01-2014, 03:54 PM
I have 2

Harlan Huckleby
08-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Then you must have grown a pair since last season.

red
08-01-2014, 04:04 PM
I hate when fat mikebsays shit like that. Its bad enough that he sounds like mongo when he talks, and that i already think hes the dumbest guy on the field every sunday, then he has to go out of his way to make himself look and sound even dumber

Whats wrong with him?

He's got a knee

No shit. Thats not a diagnosis or a problem, thats a body part. We all know he has knees, WHAT THE FUCK IS WORNG WITH THE KNEES, You fucking twat

Joemailman
08-01-2014, 04:07 PM
I hate when fat mikebsays shit like that. Its bad enough that he sounds like mongo when he talks, and that i already think hes the dumbest guy on the field every sunday, then he has to go out of his way to make himself look and sound even dumber

Whats wrong with him?

He's got a knee

No shit. Thats not a diagnosis or a problem, thats a body part. We all know he has knees, WHAT THE FUCK IS WORNG WITH THE KNEES, You fucking twat

MM isn't a doctor or trainer. He hadn't received a medical report yet when he had his PC. What do you want him to say?

red
08-01-2014, 04:15 PM
How bout he has a knee injury, or an injury to his knee. Or he might have an injury to his knee

Am i the only person that understands that a "knee" is not an injury?

Hey coach, whats wrong with him?

Well he's nipples and arms

hoosier
08-01-2014, 04:18 PM
His response to questions about Abbrederis was reported as being unusually "testy." The injury happened yesterday and he was being asked about it this afternoon. It sounds to me like he had a preliminary report but hadn't--and maybe hasn't--gotten an official diagnosis. I think he gets "testy" in response to bad news that cannot be discussed. Once it is official and can be discussed, he drops the emotion and puts out a vague company line about recovery time.

Joemailman
08-01-2014, 04:18 PM
How bout he has a knee injury, or an injury to his knee. Or he might have an injury to his knee

So that's what you're upset about? I thought it was generally understood that he's referring to an injury when he says a guy has a knee, shoulder, head, groin, ass etc.

Joemailman
08-01-2014, 04:20 PM
His response to questions about Abbrederis was reported as being unusually "testy." The injury happened yesterday and he was being asked about it this afternoon. It sounds to me like he had a preliminary report but hadn't--and maybe hasn't--gotten an official diagnosis. I think he gets "testy" in response to bad news that cannot be discussed. Once it is official and can be discussed, he drops the emotion and puts out a vague company line about recovery time.

He got testy because 3 reporters in a row asked him about the injury, even though he told the 1st guy he didn't have a medical report yet.

hoosier
08-01-2014, 04:22 PM

Hey coach, whats wrong with him?

Well he's nipples and arms

Where have you been for the last half decade? If it would help we could find you recognition software that adds in the word "injury" every time it identifies a body part. This is just the rhetoric of sports reporting, it is everywhere: Hart has an oblique, Federer has a groin. It's not just Mike, everyone's doing it, so just get used to it.

red
08-01-2014, 04:23 PM
So that's what you're upset about? I thought it was generally understood that he's referring to an injury when he says a guy has a knee, shoulder, head, groin, ass etc.

Say it like you have an IQ above 3

And he does it all the time. Hes so fucking dumb, how none of you can see that, baffles me

I "brain" just thinking about the fact that someone that dumb runs this team

hoosier
08-01-2014, 04:23 PM
He got testy because 3 reporters in a row asked him about the injury, even though he told the 1st guy he didn't have a medical report yet.

I didn't see that little detail get reported. Three in a row, huh? Geez, they're just doing their job. :-)

hoosier
08-01-2014, 04:24 PM

And he does it all the time. Hes so fucking dumb, how none of you can see that, baffles me

Jim Harbaugh is much more articulate, maybe you would prefer to listen to (and watch!!!) him every day.

red
08-01-2014, 04:26 PM

Why wouldnt he know that info yet? He damn well should

The injury happened yesterday. Someone should be able to figure out whats wrong with the guy and get the memo to the head coach within 26 hours or so you would think

hoosier
08-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Maybe he wouldn't have an official diagnosis because they haven't had time to do an MRI on the knee yet.

Joemailman
08-01-2014, 04:33 PM
I didn't see that little detail get reported. Three in a row, huh? Geez, they're just doing their job. :-)

Actually he started his PC with a statement that Abbrederis has a knee, and that he would have more info later after meeting with the training staff. Then the 1st 2 questions were asking about the injury.

red
08-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Maybe he wouldn't have an official diagnosis because they haven't had time to do an MRI on the knee yet.

Then why the hell are they letting him run around on it?

"Oh your hammy feels tight? Run it off"

Zool
08-01-2014, 04:34 PM

Well he's not going to tear it again. The only real risk would be cutting and quick stops.

smuggler
08-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Since no one else seems to have said it, word is Abbrederis tore his ACL and is out for the season. :C

Brandon494
08-01-2014, 05:27 PM
Never want to see a player get injured but at least its not a top player and at a position we have depth at.

Joemailman
08-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Since no one else seems to have said it, word is Abbrederis tore his ACL and is out for the season. :C

That's probably right. The delay in having an official diagnosis was probably due to waiting for swelling to go down before MRI could be performed.

pittstang5
08-01-2014, 06:13 PM
And so it starts with the injuries....

Damn shame too. I'm not a U of Wis. fan, but his story was pretty cool and he was one player that I really wanted to watch in pre-season. I'm pretty bummed about this.

Joemailman
08-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Well, if there's one position where the Packers could afford a season-ending injury, it's WR. This will likely affect the return units more than the offense.

pbmax
08-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Saying an injury by naming the injured part has become very common. Al Michaels does it several times every Sunday Night. For at least three years. Like, its just a thing.

Rutnstrut
08-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Never want to see a player get injured but at least its not a top player and at a position we have depth at.

Just wait, they will be sure to spread the injuries around.

bobblehead
08-02-2014, 01:00 AM

You think he is dumb? I would gather that there isn't a low IQ amongst head coaches since Madden left the profession.

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2014, 02:43 AM
You think he is dumb? I would gather that there isn't a low IQ amongst head coaches since Madden left the profession.

Madden was damn smart. You've seen too many Frank Caliendo bits.

Fritz
08-02-2014, 07:51 AM
Saying an injury by naming the injured part has become very common. Al Michaels does it several times every Sunday Night. For at least three years. Like, its just a thing.

Just because it's common doesn't mean it's not irritating. I'm with Red on this one. I'm just waiting for a player to be held out of injury due to a scrotal injury so I can hear McC say "He has a scrotum."

The wide receiver group is deep, sure, but it's early to be losing guys, no? It always seems okay when the first one gets hurt, but then it snowballs. Let us pray that does not happen this year. For once.

pbmax
08-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Just because it's common doesn't mean it's not irritating. I'm with Red on this one. I'm just waiting for a player to be held out of injury due to a scrotal injury so I can hear McC say "He has a scrotum."

The wide receiver group is deep, sure, but it's early to be losing guys, no? It always seems okay when the first one gets hurt, but then it snowballs. Let us pray that does not happen this year. For once.

It is a very strange thing. But remember the hoops Holmgren used to jump through to avoid saying "injury". He "tweaked" "bumped" "grabbed" it.

I think they think its either superstition, or the fact that they don't want the team/coach name on an announcement of injury in case it turns out wrong.

The other big problem is inconsistency. McCarthy has more than once offered more detail when he has been in possession of hope that the injury isn't severe. Which is why reporters keep asking.

Harlan Huckleby
08-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Oh, I think calling an injury "a knee" is tough guy talk. You're saying the minimum to make it sound routine, or not worthy of too much concern or discussion.

When John Wayne takes a bullet, he doesn't complain of severe trauma with rupture of muscle tissue and internal hemorrhaging. No, it's "just a flesh wound, ma'am".

The euphemism that creeped me out was in Gulf War I, General Schwarzkopf would describe casualties to his troops as "people getting hurt." Getting your body mangled by an explosion is not getting hurt. Breaking a bone skiing is getting hurt.

bobblehead
08-02-2014, 02:14 PM
Madden was damn smart. You've seen too many Frank Caliendo bits.

I was kind of being sarcastic saying that because a guy acts a little stupid doesn't mean he is.

bobblehead
08-02-2014, 02:17 PM

Well, now we know that he hurt his knee on Wed, but didn't report it to the training staff until Fri morning, so your mentality that the staff is a bunch of morons that sent him back out is invalid...Abbredaris is the moron that went back out on a bad knee.

Cheesehead Craig
08-02-2014, 02:51 PM
It's almost like reporter-speak that he's doing. Reporters don't ask questions, they just say "The fourth quarter" or "the running game" and then expect a detailed response from whomever the statement is addressed to.

Joemailman
08-02-2014, 04:19 PM
This is what TT gets for drafting a Badger.