PDA

View Full Version : Which Was Aaron Rodgers' Greatest Game So Far?

Joemailman
08-06-2014, 09:43 PM
Poll to follow

January 10, 2010: In a playoff game at Arizona, Rodgers completed 28-42 passes for 423 yards and 4 TD's and ran for 1 TD. He had 1 INT and was stripped of the ball in overtime as the Cardinals won 51-45
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

November 21, 2010: Rodgers completed 22-31 passes for 301 yards and 4 TD's as the Packers defeated the Favre-led Vikings 31-3.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________

December 26, 2010: Rodgers completed 25-37 passes for 404 yards and 4 TD's as the Packers defeated the New York Giants 45-17 in a must-win game.

January 15, 2011: Rodgers completed 31-36 passes for 366 yards and 3 TD's. He also ran for 1 TD as the Packers eliminated the Falcons from the playoffs with a 48-21 win.

February 6, 2011: Rodgers complated 24-39 passes for 304 yards and 3 TD's as the Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25 in The Super Bowl.
__________________________________________________ _________________________

October 2, 2011: Rodgers completed 29-38 passes for 408 yards with 4 TD's and I INT. He also ran for 2 TD's as the Packers defeated the Denver Broncos 49-23.
__________________________________________________ __________________________

November 6, 2011: Rodgers completed 21-26 passes for 247 yards and 4 TD's as the Packers defeated the San Diego Chargers 45-38.

December 25, 2011: Rodgers completed 21-29 passes for 283 yards and 5 TD's as the Packers defeated the Chicago Bears 35-21.

October 14, 2012: Rodgers completed 24-37 passes for 338 yards and 6 TD's as the Packers defeated the Houston Texans 42-24.
__________________________________________________ _________________________

December 30, 2012: Rodgers completed 28-40 passes for 365 yards and 4 TD's as the Packers lost to the Minnesota Vikings 37-34.

September 15, 2013: Rodgers completed 34-42 passes for 480 yards and 4 TD's as the Packers defeated the Washington Redskins 38-20.

Poll to follow

Brandon494
08-06-2014, 09:45 PM
SB win against the Steelers on the biggest stage against the #1 defense in the NFL.

Joemailman
08-06-2014, 09:52 PM
I voted Houston game. Packers were 2-3 coming off a terrible loss to the Colts. Houston was 5-0 and J.J. Watt was eating QB's alive and spitting them out.

mission
08-06-2014, 11:00 PM
I voted the Falcons game because he did it all. Led a come back, avoided sacks, just was awesome.
And I was there. :)

Guiness
08-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Take the Washington game from last year off the list! No one would want their greatest accomplishment beating that team!

I'll say the 31-3 Minnesota game. It was a great game, and a big step in Rodger's maturing as a QB, fully getting the Favre monkey off his back, after two losses and a close win to the Vikings squad.

HarveyWallbangers
08-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Falcons game. An easy choice for me.

pbmax
08-07-2014, 12:15 AM
Playoffs make Atlanta bigger, but from sheer personal performance in a game, he just flambé'd a Top 5 D on the road, if I recall correctly. And he was kinda smug about it before and after. There has only been two or three teams who have blitzed him since.

Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

hoosier
08-07-2014, 08:04 AM
Atlanta in Divisional game. He was unstoppable throughout, and didn't get flustered after Jennings fumble led to Atl's first score or after Atl KO return for TD following the Packers first TD. As Aikman noted, a lot of teams would have folded after that sequence.

Cheesehead Craig
08-07-2014, 08:23 AM
I'm going vs Atlanta as well. It is a tough call between that an the SB, but he just simply made Atlanta his bitch. His TD run and champ belt move after what's his name on the Falcons D mocked him with it is an instant classic.

RashanGary
08-07-2014, 09:19 AM
Falcons game. An easy choice for me.

Me too. That post season, and that game in particular, Aaron became the best player in football, in my eyes.

Pugger
08-07-2014, 09:26 AM
These are all great games. It says it all when you have this many superb games to choose from. If he wins another ring and plays at this level for a while he'll go down as one of the best ever. :cool:

TravisWilliams23
08-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Atlanta game. Hoosier's take on the turnover and KO return could have made any team fold but AR would have none of it. IF Jones could have caught that one pass where he might have scored from about 70 yards out, his stats would have been through the roof and perhaps Pitts doesn't make it a close game, I'd vote for that because it was the super bowl.

Pugger
08-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Atlanta game. Hoosier's take on the turnover and KO return could have made any team fold but AR would have none of it. IF Jones could have caught that one pass where he might have scored from about 70 yards out, his stats would have been through the roof and perhaps Pitts doesn't make it a close game, I'd vote for that because it was the super bowl.

There were several drops in that SB that had they held on AR's stats would have been unearthly. :pack:

denverYooper
08-07-2014, 10:16 AM
SB win against the Steelers on the biggest stage against the #1 defense in the NFL.

This.

The game also elevated Jordy to a new level.

denverYooper
08-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Playoffs make Atlanta bigger, but from sheer personal performance in a game, he just flambé'd a Top 5 D on the road, if I recall correctly. And he was kinda smug about it before and after. There has only been two or three teams who have blitzed him since.

Ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

What game?

If he could only break open the cover 2 kryptonite, Air McCarthy would be off to the races again.

pbmax
08-07-2014, 10:18 AM
What game?

If he could only break open the cover 2 kryptonite, Air McCarthy would be off to the races again.

Good grief, talk about burying the lede. I was talking about the Houston game.

KYPack
08-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Atlanta.

ARod was lasered in and totally running that ball game. Somewhere in the first half, the realization came to me that WE were the hot team that season and we could take it all.

Aaron was rocking it and the joint was silent.

So cool.

3irty1
08-07-2014, 11:40 AM
The Falcons in the playoffs for me. Yeah it was the playoffs and yeah he was near perfect but the context is what makes it. Atlanta had already beaten us that season and had built a reputation of being near unbeatable at home. For Rodgers to take them apart like he did was insane.

Guiness
08-07-2014, 11:47 AM
Atlanta.

ARod was lasered in and totally running that ball game. Somewhere in the first half, the realization came to me that WE were the hot team that season and we could take it all.

Aaron was rocking it and the joint was silent.

So cool.

I'd forgotten how subdued that crowd became as the game went on.

MadtownPacker
08-07-2014, 12:04 PM
The NFCC at Chicago. Losing that game means no SB and eternal stain upon the G&G. Wasn't really surprised he whupped up the steelers after that.

channtheman
08-07-2014, 12:22 PM
I voted the Falcons game because he did it all. Led a come back, avoided sacks, just was awesome.
And I was there. :)

Same reasons for me, all of em. :D

denverYooper
08-07-2014, 12:58 PM
How about November 29, 2007...

Aaron Rodgers GNB 18/26 201. 1TD, 0INT, 30 yards rushing

Not a transcendent performance by any means but that day I realized that I was ready to move into the next era of Packers football.

hoosier
08-07-2014, 02:37 PM
How about November 29, 2007...

Aaron Rodgers GNB 18/26 201. 1TD, 0INT, 30 yards rushing

Not a transcendent performance by any means but that day I realized that I was ready to move into the next era of Packers football.

Good one. That performance was a glimmer of hope on an otherwise very dismal night.

Joemailman
08-07-2014, 04:26 PM
The NFCC at Chicago. Losing that game means no SB and eternal stain upon the G&G. Wasn't really surprised he whupped up the steelers after that.

Great win, but that was one of his worst games. He's said so himself. That was a rare instance where the Packers defense bailed Rodgers out. It's usually the other way around.

Joemailman
08-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Since the Atlanta game seems to be the runaway winner, here's the highlights of the game (not just Rodgers).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ePm_VmbxDI

MadScientist
08-07-2014, 05:56 PM
The Superbowl was his greatest because he came up big against a top defense in the fucking Super Bowl.

That Atlanta game was his most nearly perfect performance, but it doesn't match the SB.

Striker
08-07-2014, 06:00 PM
You can't go wrong with the Falcons game or the Super Bowl, though I personally pick the Super Bowl.

vince
08-07-2014, 06:07 PM
The Superbowl was his greatest because he came up big against a top defense in the fucking Super Bowl.

That Atlanta game was his most nearly perfect performance, but it doesn't match the SB.
yup. He was flawless just about the whole playoffs that year but the Super Bowl was the pinnacle. Looking back at 2010 and 2011 there were a ton of em though. Tough call I think.

Brandon494
08-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Not to nit pick but he did say "greatest" and not "best" game. Can't really think of anything that beats a SB victory. :)

Bossman641
08-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Atlanta game, wasn't just the pinpoint passes, it was spinning out of multiple sacks and leaving Abraham shaking his head

Willard
08-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Nobody else picked it so I will. Rodgers was ridiculous against the Natives last September. It was the last game I attended at Lambeau and I think it may be the greatest display of quarterback play I have ever witnessed in person. The Hotlanta game is a worthy choice since there was certainly more on the line, but all cylinders were clicking against the Skins. More please!

pbmax
08-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Serious question: in retrospect, don't we now believe that Atlanta team was WAY overrated? Its defense fundamentally flawed (Abraham notwithstanding) and its offense just 3 yards, a cloud of dust and a Roddy White out route?

Actually, after writing that, I now know that both the Falcons and Texans were frauds in EXACTLY the same way.

hoosier
08-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Serious question: in retrospect, don't we now believe that Atlanta team was WAY overrated? Its defense fundamentally flawed (Abraham notwithstanding) and its offense just 3 yards, a cloud of dust and a Roddy White out route?

Actually, after writing that, I now know that both the Falcons and Texans were frauds in EXACTLY the same way.

They probably were not as good as their 13-3 record but I don't know about way overrated. They were an offense that thrived on winning the LOS and controlling the ball. The difference in that game, in addition to Rodgers being unconscious, were two plays by Tramon: the pick in the end zone to thwart the Falcons's answer after the Pack took the lead, then the pick six just before the half to put the game away. I will give you this: on that night the Packers showed they could withstand adversity in a hostile environment, whereas the Falcons folded when they got down.

RashanGary
08-08-2014, 10:30 PM
I remember a lot of great play from Aaron Rodgers, but i dont remember ever being as awestruck by a one game performance as the atlanta game. And its not like he just hit 3 big bombs that made for big stats. Play after play, he was just steadily perfect. And they dont show the incompletions, but i remember thinking i didnt see a mistake that whole game. Start to finish, he mad difficult play after difficult play and didnt let up. That was a rare, special performance that ill never forget. Its the only Aaron Rodgers performance that has stayed so clear in my head. I still remember it now, 4 years later. The rest of them, i kind of remember, but that one sticks with me unlike any other.

pbmax
08-09-2014, 08:33 AM
They probably were not as good as their 13-3 record but I don't know about way overrated. They were an offense that thrived on winning the LOS and controlling the ball. The difference in that game, in addition to Rodgers being unconscious, were two plays by Tramon: the pick in the end zone to thwart the Falcons's answer after the Pack took the lead, then the pick six just before the half to put the game away. I will give you this: on that night the Packers showed they could withstand adversity in a hostile environment, whereas the Falcons folded when they got down.

I agree with all you points and I don't mean to call them a terrible team, but one that was completely beatable in the playoffs due to inherent weaknesses.

The two bolded points were both problems caused by the limitations of their QB, things that only today are people getting around to discussing. I was ecstatic for the Packers but also loved the melting of the "Matty Ice" talking point.

bobblehead
08-09-2014, 08:47 AM

I am on the tramon train for that game. I don't recall Rodgers vs. Atlanta, but I always think of Tramon taking that game over.

hoosier
08-09-2014, 01:47 PM
I agree with all you points and I don't mean to call them a terrible team, but one that was completely beatable in the playoffs due to inherent weaknesses.

The two bolded points were both problems caused by the limitations of their QB, things that only today are people getting around to discussing. I was ecstatic for the Packers but also loved the melting of the "Matty Ice" talking point.

Agreed, that was the game that popped the Matty Ice balloon, and it was fun to see the air come rushing out. :-)