PDA

View Full Version : DEAR TED.........PLEASE TRADE..............................

Bretsky
08-15-2014, 07:54 PM
This Chump too; Worthy was obviously the first to go.
To we have any other junk we can get draft picks from.
I listed to some detailed local coverage today of the Pack and Beat writers that cover GB

Just a couple more of my jaded bias views were confirmed. Here are my top two ditchable dudes to lose in no particular order

1. Andrew Quarless--Dude might bring in a 6th or 7th round pick. I really think Bostick is the guy and because Ted's third round draft pick is guaranteed to make the team. I also listened to a long MM interview the other day...he hyped Bostick and Ryan Taylor. They love Taylor. He's a near lock to make the team as a blocker and special teams ace. Quarles isn't bad. But he's just a guy and maybe we can get a draft pick for him before he gets cut or we let him walk via free agency.

2. Not hard to guess who this will be. Derrick Justine Harrell Sherrod. The pipe dreamers may whack me for these views. I won't complain if they turn out to be right and this fluffy becomes a solid player. The Backmeister came in bigger and stronger today. Listening today to the Packer writer watching practices...noted.....what I've felt all along.....Sherrod looks better....is more fit....and may be a nice backup along the OL......but he's a one year rental and is good as gone next year and he becomes a free agent. The quote that got me....He's no David Backtari and doesn't look like he'll get to that level.

DITCH FLUFFY !!!!! What can he bring ? Maybe a 5th/6th round pick ? Take it and run

3. TO BE DETERMINED..............SORRY....RED....but Jarrett Bushman is playing solid in training camp and is the perfect guy as our final roster spot in the secondary. Dude still balls it on Special Teams and he's occasionally average in the secondary.

LONG LIVE BUSH !!!

3B. Just for addition by subtraction.......I'd love to add Just a guy Jones in here....however....we'd have to trade one of our dam draft picks away for somebody to take his dam contract. We're Stuck with J.A.Jones

ADD TO MY LIST.............OR RIP ME..............IT"S GAMETIME....BRING ON THE RAMS !!!

red
08-15-2014, 08:38 PM
3. TO BE DETERMINED..............SORRY....RED....but Jarrett Bushman is playing solid in training camp and is the perfect guy as our final roster spot in the secondary. Dude still balls it on Special Teams and he's occasionally average in the secondary.

LONG LIVE BUSH !!!

hey, as much as i've hated on the guy over the years, and he did suck hard early on, the guy has worked hard and has turned into a halfway decent backup

i no longer see him as the complete walking catastrophe that he once was, and am fine with him on the roster

red
08-15-2014, 08:40 PM
and i would stick with the 2012 purge and say nick perry. he is at best our #4 OLB (behind clay, peppers and neal), and god knows he's gonna get hurt again

if he has value, get rid of him, before he gets hurt again

Striker
08-15-2014, 09:15 PM
With the injury to Barclay, they have to keep Sherrod. Hopefully he stays healthy, but you really don't want to dump O-line depth.

Harlan Huckleby
08-15-2014, 09:23 PM
The reason to ditch Sherrod would be because he demands too much contract money. That isn't clear.

Harlan Huckleby
08-15-2014, 09:24 PM
If Flynn and Tolzien have a competitive preseason battle, surely one could draw a draft pick.

Bretsky
08-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Good Idea HH; trade Tolzien

And Fluffy won't get a big deal. But probably enough to leave us next year

pbmax
08-15-2014, 09:56 PM
Now I know red's drinking is a problem. He just defended Bush.

Joemailman
08-15-2014, 10:01 PM
If Flynn and Tolzien have a competitive preseason battle, surely one could draw a draft pick.

No team is going to trade a draft pick for a 3rd string QB. Matt Millen is no longer a GM.

Harlan Huckleby
08-15-2014, 10:04 PM
No team is going to trade a draft pick for a 3rd string QB. Matt Millen is no longer a GM.

If Flynn and Tolzien both look good in the preseason, they are both #2's. Some team will give up a late round pick for a good backup QB if they need it, hell ya.

But of course most teams probably have a #2 they are comfortable with.

bobblehead
08-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Props to Red for his best 2 posts in a year. Bretsky...you really trust a beat writers opinion? I am pretty solid at judging OL (except when they up and quit like Babre). Sherrod looked damn good to me (albeit against backups). I am anxious to see him against some of the Rams talented DL. If he stinks it up, I will join you and say he isn't Bahktiari. Right now, I feel quite different. His slide step is so natural, he engulfed every guy that tried an outside speed move last week. That might not work against better talent, but until I see him tested I can't get on the Bak train. I saw him get blown up too many times last year. Bak might be an all pro guard some day, but as a tackle I am under impressed.

VegasPackFan
08-16-2014, 01:45 AM
Trade Flynn for a pick, have him suck massively again, and bring him back. Rinse and repeat.

Bretsky
08-16-2014, 06:42 AM
Props to Red for his best 2 posts in a year. Bretsky...you really trust a beat writers opinion? I am pretty solid at judging OL (except when they up and quit like Babre). Sherrod looked damn good to me (albeit against backups). I am anxious to see him against some of the Rams talented DL. If he stinks it up, I will join you and say he isn't Bahktiari. Right now, I feel quite different. His slide step is so natural, he engulfed every guy that tried an outside speed move last week. That might not work against better talent, but until I see him tested I can't get on the Bak train. I saw him get blown up too many times last year. Bak might be an all pro guard some day, but as a tackle I am under impressed.

At this point as all we can do is take info from what the coaches say, what the people say who watch all the practices and speak with the coaches, and from the games.

I listened to a long interview with MM the other day on NFL Network in regards to his offense and he just went off on different tangents brining up certain players and how they've improved in his views.

Some noticeable players to note that he mentioned were Bostick, Tretter, Ryan Taylor, Backtari and Bulaga. I kept waiting to see if he'd bring up Sherry one way or the other but he did not. My gut tells me they will try to trade Quarless. I think he really likes the skillset receiving wise Bostick brings. He also said nothing about Lyerla.....deep down I was cheering for that guy but he seems to be an afterthought

Bretsky
08-16-2014, 06:43 AM
hey, as much as i've hated on the guy over the years, and he did suck hard early on, the guy has worked hard and has turned into a halfway decent backup

i no longer see him as the complete walking catastrophe that he once was, and am fine with him on the roster

I'm a bit concerned we're going to need to have a group counseling session to really see what's gong on in the life of Red........ :)

pbmax
08-16-2014, 10:45 AM
At this point as all we can do is take info from what the coaches say, what the people say who watch all the practices and speak with the coaches, and from the games.

I listened to a long interview with MM the other day on NFL Network in regards to his offense and he just went off on different tangents brining up certain players and how they've improved in his views.

Some noticeable players to note that he mentioned were Bostick, Tretter, Ryan Taylor, Backtari and Bulaga. I kept waiting to see if he'd bring up Sherry one way or the other but he did not. My gut tells me they will try to trade Quarless. I think he really likes the skillset receiving wise Bostick brings. He also said nothing about Lyerla.....deep down I was cheering for that guy but he seems to be an afterthought

One of those names doesn't seem to belong.

Bretsky
08-17-2014, 12:56 AM
and i would stick with the 2012 purge and say nick perry. he is at best our #4 OLB (behind clay, peppers and neal), and god knows he's gonna get hurt again

if he has value, get rid of him, before he gets hurt again

Another rough one

I think I'm starting to get on board with this

Carolina_Packer
08-17-2014, 06:52 AM
If Flynn and Tolzien both look good in the preseason, they are both #2's. Some team will give up a late round pick for a good backup QB if they need it, hell ya.

But of course most teams probably have a #2 they are comfortable with.

Hey, Brett Favre was a backup who got traded! :-) I guess team's could always be looking to upgrade their backup QB position, but you'd have to be Green Bay 2013 kind of desperate to trade for someone's backup at this point. Now the real question is, which team would you target as you look around the league?

Fritz
08-17-2014, 11:24 AM
No, no one's going to give up even a seventh for either Tolzien or Flynn, I don't think. One of them will be free in a week or two.

My guess is that Tolzien gets one more shot to show that he's got the skills to be worth developing. But ultimately, I don't think he's worth enough to keep around when Flynn is clearly better as a backup to Rodgers.

Harlan Huckleby
08-17-2014, 02:37 PM
when Flynn is clearly better as a backup to Rodgers.

you're starting to get on my nerves

pbmax
08-17-2014, 02:52 PM
I'll say this for Tolzien, he looks world's better after an offseason to learn the offense.

Patler
08-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Flynn is so much of a proven commodity as a backup in GB that I suspect Tolzien would have to be lights out better than Flynn to steal the #2 job away. Flynn has won games for them and has engineered comebacks for them. There is a level of reliability with Flynn that Tolzien has yet to achieve, Flynn saved their season for them last year.

With the team setting their sets on a playoff run, Flynn will be there. Tolzien only if they keep three.

Cheesehead Craig
08-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Flynn is so much of a proven commodity as a backup in GB that I suspect Tolzien would have to be lights out better than Flynn to steal the #2 job away. Flynn has won games for them and has engineered comebacks for them. There is a level of reliability with Flynn that Tolzien has yet to achieve, Flynn saved their season for them last year.

With the team setting their sets on a playoff run, Flynn will be there. Tolzien only if they keep three.

I think they keep Tolzien. He's improved too much from last year to risk as a PS QB. Ted saw what happened last year when A-Rod went down and he sure as hell won't be put in that position again and will keep 3 QBs

Bretsky
08-17-2014, 08:40 PM
I think they keep Tolzien. He's improved too much from last year to risk as a PS QB. Ted saw what happened last year when A-Rod went down and he sure as hell won't be put in that position again and will keep 3 QBs

The only thing Tolzin has over Flynn is a better arm.

With that being said, this is a tough one for MM cause Tolzien is a fanatical student of the game which will make him hard to cut

But if we have a four game stretch w/o Rodgers I'd want Flynn making those starts

Patler
08-17-2014, 08:40 PM

Tolzien isn't eligible for the PS, so he makes the 53 or goes home and waits for someone to call for a spot on their 53.

Patler
08-17-2014, 08:43 PM

With that being said, this is a tough one for MM cause Tolzien is a fanatical student of the game which will make him hard to cut

But if we have a four game stretch w/o Rodgers I'd want Flynn making those starts

There's no denying that Flynn has produced in clutch situations, and that's what matters. Tolzien has produced yards, but hasn't gotten over the hump yet.

Harlan Huckleby
08-17-2014, 08:58 PM

That's the main thing that kept me from being an NFL QB too. God knows I had the grit.

gbgary
08-17-2014, 09:45 PM

lol...i agree with this...unless one of the rookies is better.

Cheesehead Craig
08-18-2014, 08:35 AM
Tolzien isn't eligible for the PS, so he makes the 53 or goes home and waits for someone to call for a spot on their 53.

See, learn something new every day.

Guiness
08-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Trade Flynn for a pick, have him suck massively again, and bring him back. Rinse and repeat.

The thought of trading Flynn and getting another draft pick for him makes me laugh! Packers already got a 3rd (compensatory) for him after spending a 7th originally, got him back, had him win a few games, how much more can he bring? He's like The Giving Tree!