PDA

View Full Version : Official Gameday Thread 8-22-14, yet another game against some other team that doesn't matter

Pages : 1 [2]

pbmax
08-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Sherrod Play 25 catches guy in pass pro on inside rush, no probs

Sherrod Play 26 run block seals guy inside for run, his man doesn't get to make hit

pbmax
08-22-2014, 09:50 PM
Sherrod Play 27 backside cut block and gets guy on ground nicely run away from him

Tolzien looks pretty legit

Sherrod Play 28 pass pro on screen pass, catches wide rusher well

pbmax
08-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Sherrod Play 29 pass pro on stunt. He and new LG sort out a stunt nicely and keep ST clean

Sherrod Play 30 pass pro works out fine on 2 point attempt

SMBASS
08-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Wow...great catch by Gillett!

pittstang5
08-22-2014, 09:55 PM
Tolzien has looked much better than Flynn tonight. I think I'm ok if he's the back up and they let Flynn go.

pittstang5
08-22-2014, 09:59 PM
Awe...# 74 almost had a pick. That guy's huge.

pbmax
08-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Sherrod Play 31 run block, lost his guy on change of direction

Sherrod Play 32 pass block, little loose but stayed in front of weird two man wide rush

Sherrod Play 33 backside run block good and uneventful

Sherrod Play 34 run block, RB to his side but never gets there due to other penetration Gets guy blocked initially

SMBASS
08-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Tolzien has looked much better than Flynn tonight. I think I'm ok if he's the back up and they let Flynn go.

I agree that Tolzien looks better than Flynn pitt. (Never thought I'd be saying that.) Tolzien has a lot stronger arm and his command of the offense is night and day better than last year when he was thrown to the wolves.

pbmax
08-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Sherrod Play 35 pass pro good and uneventful rusher sat back worried about screen or coverage

Sherrod Play 36 run block backside. Good initial block did let him loose wide at end

Sherrod Play 37 run block, got his guy stood up and lost him, man made tackle. No penetration but didn't neutralize him

Sherrod Play 38 pass pro, wide rush, caught him and would have been close if Tolzien had not got rid of ball quick for completion

Sherrod Play 39 pass pro. Took the wide end but free rusher between G and T from LB spot.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2014, 10:08 PM
I think Tolzien can be NFL starter now. He's got arm strength, accuracy, toughness, smarts. He's made the 53. What to do with Flynn if Tolzien is backup? I say keep both.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2014, 10:10 PM
QBs go down throughout the season. Flynn or Tolzien could draw mid-round draft pick to desperate team.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2014, 10:12 PM
garbage time

pbmax
08-22-2014, 10:12 PM
Matt McGloin can play too.

Right now Mulumba is getting nowhere.

pbmax
08-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Preillo is a terrible blocker.

I think Sherrod is out.

Perry's limited stay I think means he is definite for roster at the 3 or 4 rank.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2014, 10:16 PM
Preillo is a terrible blocker.

you wouldn't say that to his face, coward

pbmax
08-22-2014, 10:18 PM
you wouldn't say that to his face, coward

He does appear braver versus DBs than DTs.

Harlan Huckleby
08-22-2014, 10:21 PM
I weighed 250 pounds in college, was a heavyweight wrestler. I got beat in a wrestling match by a guy who weighed 140 pounds, was over 40 years old. I was drunk and laughing, but that little guy was incredibly strong. My whole life I have remembered that grapple in the grass, i never underestimate a little man.

pbmax
08-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Hubbard looks like a small forward.

pbmax
08-22-2014, 10:23 PM
I weighed 250 pounds in college, was a heavyweight wrestler. I got beat in a wrestling match by a guy who weighed 140 pounds, was over 40 years old. I was drunk and laughing, but that little guy was incredibly strong. My whole life I have remembered that grapple in the grass, i never underestimate a little man.

Except Perillo basically turned down his first block.

pittstang5
08-22-2014, 10:24 PM
Wow, 3rd and 4th Stringers really suck or just don't give a shit.

SMBASS
08-22-2014, 10:26 PM
Lot of standing around and watching by the D on these last two Raider drives. Atkinson shuffled around in the backfield for 3 seconds on the 2 point conversion and nobody even touched him.

pittstang5
08-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Not the right thread, but what the hell is going on in Seattle - they're up against the Bears 28 to nothing. That's two games in a row that Seattle is looking Beastly.

call_me_ishmael
08-22-2014, 10:51 PM
Hope it's for real, because that's just the opposite of his reputation up until this year.

Ride that pony as long as you can, but never offer him a big contract.

Carolina_Packer
08-22-2014, 11:08 PM
I wasn't able to follow the game closely, although I read this game thread, and heard there were some injuries. Can you re-cap who got hurt, what the injury is, and whether there is any prognosis? I've got my fingers crossed that Hayward being inactive is just precautionary.

smuggler
08-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Anyone else notice CJ wilson's shove of DuJuan Harris after Harris tackled Kalil Mack on the interception play? Bad blood, mayhaps?

Based on this game:

Mike Pennel, Jumal Rolle, Jay Elliot will make the team.

What of Janis? How'd he do?

pbmax
08-22-2014, 11:44 PM
I wasn't able to follow the game closely, although I read this game thread, and heard there were some injuries. Can you re-cap who got hurt, what the injury is, and whether there is any prognosis? I've got my fingers crossed that Hayward being inactive is just precautionary.

Brad Jones got looked at on sideline as did Datone Jones. Datone went back into the game. BJ Raji had an arm injury and did not return.

pbmax
08-22-2014, 11:45 PM
Oh Oh.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m
Saw #Packers NT B.J. Raji with a large bag of ice wrapped around his right biceps. He left out the back way and did not comment.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m
That's the $64M question RT @jeffnc1: @TomSilverstein wonder if he has a torn bicep?

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m
McCarthy on B.J. Raji's arm injury: "You have an initial exam. B.J., he’s pretty confident about it. That’s why you do the tests." #Packers

pbmax
08-22-2014, 11:46 PM
Raider guy seems OK.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 52m
#Raiders LB Sio Moore suffered a neck strain, per team spokesman. X-Rays were negative, and he’s set to fly back home with the team.

smuggler
08-23-2014, 12:34 AM
Happy about Sio Moore. What about the WR that Richardson hammered? Is he okay?

pbmax
08-23-2014, 02:36 AM
Jones didn't make the list of walking wounded which includes

Injury list: In addition to Raji, the Packers also lost rookie cornerback Demetri Goodson to a concussion.

according to McGinn and Dunne. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/bj-raji-suffers-arm-injury-b99335844z1-272395931.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

PG doesn't list Jones either, same two as JSO. http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2014/08/22/packers-injured/14465003/

smuggler
08-23-2014, 02:45 AM
Maybe he had a cramp and they just held him out to make sure it didn't turn into something worse. To me it looked like he'd sprained his knee.

pittstang5
08-23-2014, 05:58 AM
Oh Oh.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 8m
Saw #Packers NT B.J. Raji with a large bag of ice wrapped around his right biceps. He left out the back way and did not comment.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 4m
That's the $64M question RT @jeffnc1: @TomSilverstein wonder if he has a torn bicep?

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m
McCarthy on B.J. Raji's arm injury: "You have an initial exam. B.J., he’s pretty confident about it. That’s why you do the tests." #Packers

Soooooo......he's done for the year?

denverYooper
08-23-2014, 07:42 AM
Soooooo......he's done for the year?

Sure doesn't sound good. Even M3 made it sound like Raji was the only one who thought it was not serious.

Pugger
08-23-2014, 08:02 AM
No Phil, DuJuan Harris didn't look anything like Eddie Lacy there.

Except maybe his hair...

Pugger
08-23-2014, 08:05 AM
Nope. There is nothing to be gained from attempting 34 yd PATs when you won't be doing it in the regular season is my bet.

Plus the Seahawks need to be ready for 2 point conversions all the time.

I'm thinking MM wanted more snaps for the O instead of PATs in this situation. I doubt we'll be doing this in the regular season.

Pugger
08-23-2014, 08:14 AM
yeah. Feet and positioning looks worlds better. Between the game footage and the Campen quote about worries about speed on turf, I think both backup tackles let the Rams speed get into their heads.

He is still not lock down, but he has been in position.

Bach, as bobble has pointed out, has some whiffs occasionally. Sherrod is still behind but its not a gulf of difference. Sherry needs lots of snaps.

On another Packer I said Sherrod is technically a rookie and got blasted for it. Yes, all he really needs are snaps. Bach looks better because he started so many games last week. Last week Derek had issues but he looked much better last night.

Pugger
08-23-2014, 08:16 AM
Sherrod Play 19 no idea where he was

CBS has to get Andrew Luck a new photo for the preview.

Yes, that is a nasty picture but unless he doesn't smile that's about as good as he is gonna look. :razz:

Pugger
08-23-2014, 08:19 AM
:pack:

pbmax
08-23-2014, 08:46 AM
On another Packer I said Sherrod is technically a rookie and got blasted for it. Yes, all he really needs are snaps. Bach looks better because he started so many games last week. Last week Derek had issues but he looked much better last night.

He is probably past rookie, but is definitely in his second year.

Rookie: No off season (lockout), shortened camp (by about 10-15% with lockout), plus majority camp at Guard, got into 5 games before being hurt in Game #14

Second Year: zero

Third Year: PUP, activated to roster on Nov 5, 2013, on roster for 7 games, played a very limited number of snaps

Fourth Year: First full offseason, second (and first full) camp. All time at Tackle.

My only concern with last night's game was that it was the Raiders. Their Defense has some talent, but its not quite the Rams. Perry is even harder to judge, Raiders have completely rebuilt their O line.

ThunderDan
08-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Thunder Dan: Did Chuck Woodson get a cheer?

PB-

Wood got a special announcement as the Raiders were coming onto the field. I said to my wife, that will be the only visiting team that get's cheered when coming on the field all year. The announced him again in the 2nd half and put him up on the jumbotrons. They did the same for James Jones a little later and he got a good round of applause also.

The wifi at Lambeau sucks. I tried to post but it took so long to upload that the website would kick me out.

We had a lot of the action on the south end zone last night. Jordy's TD was right in front of us.

smuggler
08-23-2014, 09:22 AM
No shit the wifi sucks... there are 15,000 people all using it at once! ;P

pbmax
08-23-2014, 09:48 AM
Mark Cuban was on a panel at one of the sports analytic conferences and one of the questions considered was about fan experience and making it interactive (real time stats, fantasy updates, guess the play call, player of the game, etc.). Everyone was positive until Cuban spoke up (this was mid to late aughts) about the difficulty and cost of wi-fi for everyone at a basketball arena.

How much throughput you need to sustain to make it work for the majority and the technological challenge of making it happen was something not often mentioned he thought.

But in other forums, he has clearly stated another reason to resist full scale implementation. He doesn't want to take more eyeballs off the event. He claims that fans go to the phone only when bored. I think this is a cousin of the oldster complaint that no one witnesses events anymore, they are recording or photographing the event they will watch later.

I don't buy the complaint for two reasons; one, not everyone is doing it and two, Super 8 film and Nikon cameras didn't cause people to be shut-ins and neither will smart phones.

My money is that the real reason teams haven't gone whole hog on stadium wide, reliable, high-throughput wi-fi is that they have not figured out how to realize revenue for it yet. Why disturb the money making apple cart just to provide another bell and whistle? Once they can drive revenue through it, it will happen.

gbgary
08-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Why use the WiFi? The entire Green Bay area is 4G-LTE! F the WiFi.

smuggler
08-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Yeah. Having a nice enough connection at a stadium for everyone to have reasonable wireless data speeds would be quite an expense, especially when you consider that it would be unused for the overwhelming majority of the calendar year.