PDA

View Full Version : NT cuts

jklowan
08-26-2014, 06:30 AM
I was bumming on the Raji injury and saw that the Patriots cut Tommy Kelly, he had looked decent in the preseason, maybe a look wouldn't hurt.

The injuries yet again this year

Joemailman
08-26-2014, 07:05 AM
I don't think the Packers are looking for a NT. Boyd is probably going to start there, Guion is back, and Pennel is going to make the team. I don't know anything about Tommy Kelly, but he apparently didn't do enough to survive the 1st round of cuts.

pbmax
08-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Speculation is that Tommy Kelly and the other guy will be re-signed after the season starts so their contracts are not guaranteed.

MadScientist
08-26-2014, 10:20 AM
Speculation is that Tommy Kelly and the other guy will be re-signed after the season starts so their contracts are not guaranteed.
While possible, when teams do that, they usually don't do that on the first cut. Besides camp bodies, the first cuts are for vets that teams have decided to move on from and a) don't want to get stuck with on IR and b) want to let them have a fair shot at hooking on somewhere else. The cut to avoid guaranteed pay often happens at or even after the final cut down, where they cut to 52, possibly sign someone else for a week and then bring the vet back the next week.

At least they didn't cut Worthy, so there's still a chance for getting a draft pick.