PDA

View Full Version : TRADE for a vet guard ....

packers11
08-29-2006, 10:42 AM
We have the cap.... We have a lot of trashy players... Give out fergy and our damn draft pick for a vet guard..... The line will become decent again, and Favre would not have to run for his damn life.... The question is how high of a draft pick would you give out?? 2nd? 3rd?

That is why Palmer looks so good, he has more time in that pocket... He could set up a fire with marshmellows.... I could only imagine if Favre had that much time with that WR core....

Clifton Spitz/Moll/Colledge Wells Vet Tauscher

That would give the rookies more time to get better and later on 1-2 seasons from now they become solid starters....

Charles Woodson
08-29-2006, 10:44 AM
We have the cap.... We have a lot of trashy players... Give out fergy and our damn draft pick for a vet guard..... The line one become decent again, and Favre would not have to run for his damn life.... The question is how high of a draft pick would you give out?? 2nd? 3rd?

Clifton Spitz/Moll/Colledge Wells Vet Tauscher

That would give the rookies more time to get better and later on 1-2 seasons from now they become solid starters....

it should be more like this

Clifton vet wells spitz tauscher

retailguy
08-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Does this make us Super Bowl/ Playoff competitive?

NO.

Why "waste" the pick on someone who might not be around when we become competitive?

FWIW, who is willing to trade a "starting caliber" guard 10 days before the season starts for a draft pick?

What does that mean? TT will have to pay too much. There are no "bargains" right now. Look at Stallworth - a starting linebacker AND a 4th round pick. He had ONE good season, and it was mediocre.

Packnut
08-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Does this make us Super Bowl/ Playoff competitive?

NO.

Why "waste" the pick on someone who might not be around when we become competitive?

FWIW, who is willing to trade a "starting caliber" guard 10 days before the season starts for a draft pick?

What does that mean? TT will have to pay too much. There are no "bargains" right now. Look at Stallworth - a starting linebacker AND a 4th round pick. He had ONE good season, and it was mediocre.

Why are you so sure that we will become competitive? I just don't get the mentality of accepting that it's ok to suck for a few years and trust TT with his drafting skills or lack of. Besides, right when some of the young guys finally improve, their contract will be up and TT will let them walk too.

TOP HAT
08-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Would you trade a draft pick for vet guard?
yes
50% [ 3 ]
no
33% [ 2 ]
Only if Fergy was included in the package
16% [ 1 ]

Total Votes : 6

By the way, how is Marcus McNeil doing in his rookie year?

scooterwfr
08-29-2006, 10:59 AM
I think at this point we go with twhat we have and make due. If we keep changing who we put in there they are never going to be able to work as a cohesive unit. I don't care how much experience they have.