PDA

View Full Version : Official 2014 Practice Squad Or Most Valuable Thread

pbmax
08-31-2014, 11:49 AM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 8m
And so it begins RT @ByRyanWood #Packers have signed WR Myles White to their practice squad, per a league source.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 3m
Since Myles White was only active in seven games last year, #Packers still have their two "veteran" practice-squad designations

pbmax
08-31-2014, 12:06 PM
Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 6m
Safety Chris Banjo has cleared waivers and will be on #Packers practice squad, per league source. Green Bay's gamble paid off.

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2014, 12:12 PM
Myles White is my favorite reject. Putting Banjo on practice squad thrills me less. He isn't going to be a good player, and they don't need the extra depth in secondary.

smuggler
08-31-2014, 12:14 PM
You say that now, old blue. Banjo will be a worthy addition to the PS when one of our safeties starts to suck or two of them go down with injuries. Yeah, he's low upside, but he's still a decent stopgap.

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2014, 12:19 PM
The team would have to be involved in a plane crash before Banjo sees the field at safety. Bush is better. But perhaps you are right that they may need some juice for special teams later on.

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2014, 12:42 PM
TE Justin Perillo added to ps, according to his aunt.

Patler
08-31-2014, 01:21 PM
Recent years there had been few waiver claims through out the league before PS signings, until 2013 when there were quite a few of them. It will be interesting to see if this year is like 2013 with lots of waiver claims, or like the years before when there were only a few.

Joemailman
08-31-2014, 02:14 PM
Green Bay - The Packers announced their 10-man practice squad today.

Every one of the 10 was in training camp with the Packers.

Here they are:

S Chris Banjo
WR Kevin Dorsey
C Garth Gerhart
WR Alex Gillett
RB Michael Hill
LB Adrian Hubbard
TE Justin Perillo
DE Luther Robinson
T Jeremy Vujnovich
WR Myles White

Teamcheez1
08-31-2014, 02:15 PM
The next question is what happened to Jumal Rolle?

red
08-31-2014, 02:39 PM
yup, no rolle on that list

someone must have snagged him

pbmax
08-31-2014, 03:39 PM
Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky · 2h
#Packers practice squad:
1. S Chris Banjo
2. WR Kevin Dorsey
3. C Garth Gerhart
4. WR Alex Gillett
5. RB Michael Hill

Rob Demovsky @RobDemovsky · 2h
#Packers practice squad (cont)
6. LB Adrian Hubbard
7. TE Justin Perillo
8. DE Luther Robinson
9 T Jeremy Vujnovich
10. WR Myles White

Packer Report @PackerReport · 3h
Jumal Rolle clears waivers, back with #Packers on practice squad. Huge win for team.

Packer Report @PackerReport · 3h
Rolle was a "secondary" claim by several teams on waivers. Those teams received their first claim. Had 10 offers for PS elsewhere. #Packers

pbmax
08-31-2014, 03:44 PM
From the Packers.com website:

Packers announce practice squad
Posted 1 hour ago
All 10 signees were with the Packers during the 2014 preseason

The Green Bay Packers have signed 10 players to the practice squad. The transactions were announced Sunday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.

Signed to the practice squad were S Chris Banjo, WR Kevin Dorsey, C Garth Gerhart, WR Alex Gillett, RB Michael Hill, LB Adrian Hubbard, TE Justin Perillo, DE Luther Robinson, T Jeremy Vujnovich and WR Myles White.

All 10 signees to the practice squad were with the Packers during the 2014 preseason.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-roster-moves/article-1/Packers-announce-practice-squad/e8be75b4-0795-4473-bab7-7e8b8e468666

Joemailman
08-31-2014, 04:13 PM
Packer Report @PackerReport · 1h
For those wondering about Rolle and the practice squad, told he'll be here tomorrow.

In place of who?

Harlan Huckleby
08-31-2014, 04:20 PM
Packer Report @PackerReport · 1h
For those wondering about Rolle and the practice squad, told he'll be here tomorrow.

In place of who?

Flynn :evil:

red
08-31-2014, 04:31 PM
hubbard looked to suffer a pretty serious injury thursday, i'm surprised he didn't get "IR'd"

maybe he is IR'd with rolle taking his spot on the PS

otherwise the numbers just don't add up no matter how you try and put them together

pbmax
08-31-2014, 05:47 PM
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 53m
Packers tight end Jake Stoneburner will be back soon, minor ankle injury landed him on injured reserve then injury settlement

pbmax
08-31-2014, 05:49 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2h
As others have already said on here, Jumal Rolle planning to be back on the #Packers practice squad, so he's sticking around.

pbmax
08-31-2014, 05:50 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3h
@JerseyAlGBP Goodson has concussion. Can't release him without injury settlement; settlement sidelines for too long. My guess.

Bretsky
08-31-2014, 07:38 PM
I've always been drawn to Gillette..he's reminded me of a poor man's wes welker
of course abbrederis was like gillettt...just better
he would have been good for green bay

smuggler
09-01-2014, 12:45 AM
Interesting theory concerning Goodson. They don't want to injury settle with him and lose 6 more weeks of practice time. I could see it.

texaspackerbacker
09-01-2014, 06:20 AM
You guys were talking about cutting loose two I'm glad DIDN'T get cut: Stoneburner and Hubbard. I like Stoneburner a helluva lot more than Bostick. Better to IR him than cut him and have him do a good job somewhere else. Ditto that for Hubbard - the athletic kind of LB you seldom see the Packers pick up.

Patler
09-01-2014, 06:32 AM
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 53m
Packers tight end Jake Stoneburner will be back soon, minor ankle injury landed him on injured reserve then injury settlement

@JerseyAlGBP Goodson has concussion. Can't release him without injury settlement; settlement sidelines for too long. My guess.

Seems to be an inconsistency here.

Carolina_Packer
09-01-2014, 06:47 AM
I've always been drawn to Gillette..he's reminded me of a poor man's wes welker
of course abbrederis was like gillettt...just better
he would have been good for green bay

So Gillett made the cut? I hear it was a close shave.

woodbuck27
09-01-2014, 08:27 AM
hubbard looked to suffer a pretty serious injury thursday, i'm surprised he didn't get "IR'd"

maybe he is IR'd with rolle taking his spot on the PS

otherwise the numbers just don't add up no matter how you try and put them together

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8815/jumal-rolle

Packers promoted CB Jumal Rolle from their practice squad.

Patler
09-01-2014, 08:38 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8815/jumal-rolle

Packers promoted CB Jumal Rolle from their practice squad.

That report is from December of 2013.

pbmax
09-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Seems to be an inconsistency here.

Yeah, I am more of the opinion now than before that a lot of NFL beat writers don't really know the waiver process well.

Wilson, however, is pretty tied into Baltimore and seems to get this stuff right. On the technical side, I would trust him more than Huber at Packer Report (though I like most of his stuff).

The way to reconcile both reports is that Stonebrunner might be set loose and Goodson has a ticket to the PS after they negotiate a settlement. Kinda odd though, given the injury numbers.

pbmax
09-01-2014, 01:00 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2014/09/01/rolle-re-signs-to-practice-squad-wr-gillett-cut/14930187/

The Green Bay Packers have re-signed cornerback Jumal Rolle to the practice squad and released receiver Alex Gillett.

Rolle was a participant at practice Monday, while center JC Tretter (knee), tight end Brandon Bostick (lower leg) and cornerback Demetri Goodson (concussion) all sat out. Both Bostick and Goodson were present.

Guiness
09-01-2014, 01:04 PM

Sounds like a rock and a hard place. They essentially have to burn a roster spot for him because they can't get him onto the PS. I assume that's what cost the Pack Rolle.

Rolle is still floating around out there, right? Hopefully they have a wink and a nudge agreement with him, he looked like he could be something.

Guiness
09-01-2014, 01:05 PM
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/insidersblog/2014/09/01/rolle-re-signs-to-practice-squad-wr-gillett-cut/14930187/

Ninja'd :ninja: you posted this while I was typing!

Teamcheez1
09-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Ninja'd :ninja: you posted this while I was typing!

It was a close shave between keeping Gillett or Rolle.

Harlan Huckleby
09-01-2014, 02:27 PM
It was a close shave between keeping Gillett or Rolle.

A "close shave"? They already have Myles White on PS. Sounds like easy choice to me. Of course, it's not like Rolle was a hot item on market.

HarveyWallbangers
09-01-2014, 03:47 PM
A "close shave"? They already have Kevin Dorsey on PS.

Fixed.

pbmax
09-01-2014, 03:52 PM
A "close shave"? They already have Myles White on PS. Sounds like easy choice to me. Of course, it's not like Rolle was a hot item on market.

Your Pun O' Meter is broken. Or my smarmy literalness detector is malfunctioning.