PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Scouting Report on the Bears

The Shadow
09-07-2014, 06:21 PM
It's early, but here's a few tidbits from the loss to Buffalo:
1. Cutler is still Cutler. He continues to make the key mistake, as he did today with 2 dumb interceptions.
2. Matt Forte is the key to their offense. Pay special attention to him, and you can greatly diminish their offense.
3. Lance Briggs has lost a step. On a defense with poor linebacking, this is disastrous
4. Jared Allen was invisible in his 1st game as a Bear.
5. Just like last year, you can run on the Bears - the problems were not addressed (we can relate, I believe!).
6. Peanut Tillman. like Briggs, showed his age.
7. Most interesting : Marc Trestman sure seems like a weak head coach. At one point, Brandon Marshall was in his face, screaming at him to throw the challenge flag. After the game, in an interview, he was warbling about "the guys", and "Marty" & "Jay" and "Brandon". A lot of "we have to work on cleaning that up" garbage.
In short, weak. Deflecting player accountabilty, doing the PC Polka - very touchy-feely.
I think I am going to greatly enjoy his tenure as coach of our rivals.

The Shadow
09-07-2014, 06:43 PM
Also, WR Jeffrey, WR Marshall, OG Slausen & C Garza were dinged up.

Rutnstrut
09-07-2014, 06:49 PM
The thing about Da bears, is when you figure they are done for they go on a run. Maybe age and their terrible D is to much to overcome, but Gb better not count on them laying down for them.

Pugger
09-07-2014, 07:16 PM
If you gotta lose your first game of the season which is worse? Losing on the road to the reigning champs or losing at home to the Buffalo Bills? I woudn't be happy if I were a bare fan.

ThunderDan
09-07-2014, 09:44 PM
The thing about Da bears, is when you figure they are done for they go on a run. Maybe age and their terrible D is to much to overcome, but Gb better not count on them laying down for them.

So the Bills run for 191 against the Bears and the Bears are going to go on a run; the Pack get gashed for 207 and the season is over.

Patler
09-07-2014, 09:57 PM
So the Bills run for 191 against the Bears and the Bears are going to go on a run; the Pack get gashed for 207 and the season is over.

Don't forget the Saints, who are way ahead of the Packers according to some of our members, even though they gave up 560 yards to Atlanta today.

ThunderDan
09-07-2014, 09:59 PM
Don't forget the Saints, who are way ahead of the Packers according to some of our members, even though they gave up 560 yards to Atlanta today.

King Friday
09-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Stop it!

According to wist, we have no chance at even being 8-8. Stop bringing up evidence that contradicts this inevitability.

denverYooper
09-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Stop it!

According to wist, we have no chance at even being 8-8. Stop bringing up evidence that contradicts this inevitability.

Gotta give wist his due. As much of a downer as he can be, I think he figured GB for 10-6 but just not good enough to beat the best.

HarveyWallbangers
09-08-2014, 12:19 AM
Gotta give wist his due. As much of a downer as he can be, I think he figured GB for 10-6 but just not good enough to beat the best.

Season's young. The next three games are crucial for the Pack though. They really need to win two of the next three. Before the year I would have pegged them for 2-2 after four games. Then, they need to make hay going into the game at New Orleans.

Pugger
09-08-2014, 02:18 PM

He did? After reading this forum since Thursday we're gonna end up picking first in the 2015 NFL Draft.

MadScientist
09-08-2014, 02:41 PM
It's early, but here's a few tidbits from the loss to Buffalo:
1. Cutler is still Cutler. He continues to make the key mistake, as he did today with 2 dumb interceptions.
2. Matt Forte is the key to their offense. Pay special attention to him, and you can greatly diminish their offense.
3. Lance Briggs has lost a step. On a defense with poor linebacking, this is disastrous
4. Jared Allen was invisible in his 1st game as a Bear.
5. Just like last year, you can run on the Bears - the problems were not addressed (we can relate, I believe!).
6. Peanut Tillman. like Briggs, showed his age.
7. Most interesting : Marc Trestman sure seems like a weak head coach. At one point, Brandon Marshall was in his face, screaming at him to throw the challenge flag. After the game, in an interview, he was warbling about "the guys", and "Marty" & "Jay" and "Brandon". A lot of "we have to work on cleaning that up" garbage.
In short, weak. Deflecting player accountabilty, doing the PC Polka - very touchy-feely.
I think I am going to greatly enjoy his tenure as coach of our rivals.

So what you are saying is that after further review, the Bears still suck.

smuggler
09-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Yeah, but you didn't need nominal observation to come to that conclusion. The Bears sucking is a static truth that the other facts of the universe are derived from.

The Shadow
09-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Yeah, forgot #8
They suck!

gbgary
09-09-2014, 08:36 PM
they'll end up 3rd in our division. their d and cutler's brain will insure it.

mmmdk
09-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Sweeping the Bears is the Packers "Super Bowl"...then crushing the Vikings...and then we take Berlin. I could care less about the ruins called Detroit.

Carolina_Packer
09-10-2014, 11:47 AM

Specific record in the end is debatable. I think it will be close to 10-6, I think they will make the playoffs and get dismissed early, or the same thing we've been seeing. I'd be happy to be wrong in that prediction and have the Packers go 15-1, but if we are being real, I'd say that we treated the disease on defense, we did not find the cure. I think the offense will be better than what they were able to do in Seattle.

pbmax
09-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Sweeping the Bears is the Packers "Super Bowl"...then crushing the Vikings...and then we take Berlin. I could care less about the ruins called Detroit.

I like the way you think but a regular season sweep of the Bears should be the "Playoff Berth". "Packer Super Bowl" has to be reserved for beating them in the playoffs.

Rutnstrut
09-10-2014, 01:16 PM

If the Vikings play D like they did Sunday, it's not going to be easy to crush them.

Cheesehead Craig
09-10-2014, 01:24 PM
If the Vikings play D like they did Sunday, it's not going to be easy to crush them.

Let's see how they do against a non-3rd string QB first. NE will be a much different test.

mmmdk
09-10-2014, 08:40 PM

Sure, the Purple ones did their "The silence of the Rams", a Rams team that hasn't had a winning season since 2003! Winter is coming and purple toes awaits the dome team; The Packers of the NFC North remembers and thank goodness for that 'cos I'm not sure Packers can beat that many teams outside the NFC North... :-P With that in mind, I'm not sure what to expect from Packers this season but I don't believe we're in for a "season to remember"...other than:

BEAT DA BEARS! CRUSH THE VIKES!! TAME THE LIONS!!! AND THE NFC NORTH IS OURS!!!! I SAY: SUPER BOWL, SCHMUPER BOWL!!!!!

Pugger
09-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Let's see how they do against a non-3rd string QB first. NE will be a much different test.

And NE is tough to beat at home.

QBME
09-11-2014, 08:05 AM
And NE is tough to beat at home.

They play in Minnesota.

Pugger
09-11-2014, 12:11 PM
They play in Minnesota.

Oh, for some reason I thought the game was in NE... :cnf:

MadtownPacker
09-11-2014, 03:50 PM
Purple penis eaters will send brady home to cry in his wife's fake tits. Hard life for sure.

Shadow - don't go predicting success again you old coot, this ain't the 60s senile MFer!!

The Shadow
09-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Purple penis eaters will send brady home to cry in his wife's fake tits. Hard life for sure.

Shadow - don't go predicting success again you old coot, this ain't the 60s senile MFer!!

It's not the 60's?
You sure?