View Full Version : Clowney on the shelf for 4-6 weeks

Patler
09-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Left in the first half today with a knee injury. The latest report from nfl.com:

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the pass rusher tore his meniscus and is expected to miss four to six weeks after surgery on Monday, per a source who has spoken with Clowney.

Breer reported earlier Sunday that Clowney also sprained his MCL, per two sources.

Guiness
09-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Left in the first half today with a knee injury. The latest report from nfl.com:

The hernia, torn meniscus and he said he got a concussion during a pre-season game. Availability is not going to be his strong point.

channtheman
09-08-2014, 01:53 AM
The hernia, torn meniscus and he said he got a concussion during a pre-season game. Availability is not going to be his strong point.

It seems he knew exactly what he was doing when he held himself out of a couple games in college last year.

pbmax
09-08-2014, 09:30 AM
I think he has a strong similarity to LaVarr Arrington, a phenomenal talent who can make great plays, but is vulnerable to injury.

A lot of Arrington's injuries came in the back end of his career, but he had a lot of nicks and dings early as I remember.

Clowney would be a natural Packer.

Patler
09-08-2014, 09:49 AM
A lot of Arrington's injuries came in the back end of his career, but he had a lot of nicks and dings early as I remember.

Did he even have a back end to his career? Didn't his career last about the length of his rookie contract, and crater just a couple years after that?

Guiness
09-08-2014, 09:56 AM
I think he has a strong similarity to LaVarr Arrington, a phenomenal talent who can make great plays, but is vulnerable to injury.

Clowney would be a natural Packer.

Mhmm. Put him, Neale and Mathews together, and you have 100% availability :mrgreen:

Not a good start for this guy. Have to think Houston is regretting the pick, at least a little. Maybe should've taken one of the deals that was undoubtedly offered to them, even if it wasn't for top dollar. At least short term they would've been better with a player or an extra pick or two in 2014.

Guiness
09-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Did he even have a back end to his career? Didn't his career last about the length of his rookie contract, and crater just a couple years after that?

Pretty much. He signed an extension and the wheels, almost literally, fell off. That was a heck of a bullet TT dodged when he chose the 'skins over the Packers. Matrix-like, even.

call_me_ishmael
09-08-2014, 10:10 AM
I doubt they regret the pick. Who else has even close to the potential? We saw the #2 pick get whipped around a bit against the Pack's anemic pass rush. It is not the best thing ever, though, to get hurt right off the bat. Then again - it happened to Blake Griffin and he is a top 5 NBA player, so who knows.