PDA

View Full Version : How to beat the Jets

Tony Oday
09-12-2014, 08:59 AM
1. AR needs to attack their secondary, slants, flags, 10 in and out and some over the top 9 routes...the flare route not so much.

2. Lacy and Starks need 125 combined rushing

3. Defense...HELLO RUN DEFENSE THE SEASON STARTED!!!! Lattimore and Hawk need to overcome a crap NT and stop this rushing attack.

4. Secondary needs a pick

5. Mastay needs to sit on the bench the whole game...come on offense time to show you can kick the crap out of a middling team.

6. Dom needs an oil change on the hair.

7. MM is not allowed cheeseburgers until we get a win.

Maxie the Taxi
09-12-2014, 09:16 AM
Above all the Packers should play their game not get cute. First of all, activate Janis and Pennel. These guys were tested in the preseason. Let Janis handle all KO's and punt returns. On offense, rush the ball, then throw down field, a 50/50 ratio. On defense, forget the fancy mumbo jumbo. Play your starters till they wear out. Play eight in the box, pressure the QB and force him to beat the Packers secondary.

Then on to Detroit.

Joemailman
09-12-2014, 09:27 AM
The Jets had a monstrous advantage in rushing yards in their 19-14 win over Oakland. They ran 34 times for 212 yards and held Oakland to 25 yards on 15 carries. Even those numbers out a bit and the Packers advantage at the skill positions should be decisive.

denverYooper
09-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Hey kids, shake it loose together
The spotlight's hitting something
That's been known to change the weather
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight
So stick around
You're gonna hear electric music
Solid walls of sound

3irty1
09-12-2014, 10:13 AM
The Jets are the training wheels version of all the teams we've had troubles with. The same can be said about us for them though. It should be a good chance to measure up against a physical defense and a lethal rushing offense loaded with misdirection.

TravisWilliams23
09-12-2014, 12:02 PM
5. Mastay needs to sit on the bench the whole game...come on offense time to show you can kick the crap out of a middling team.

Not good Tony. He HOLDS for the extra point and field goal. :-)

Fritz
09-12-2014, 12:24 PM
The Jets are the training wheels version of all the teams we've had troubles with. The same can be said about us for them though. It should be a good chance to measure up against a physical defense and a lethal rushing offense loaded with misdirection.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. The Jets aren't a great team, at all, but they're not bad, either. If GB is supposed to be a really good team, they'd better beat this kind of team at home.

A good test for the defense, for sure, and for the offense, now, too. Time to block better, time for Arod to earn his money, time for the running backs to get relentless, time for the receivers to catch everything and block hard.

Time for the defense to play the way they're supposed to play. Time to play tough. Time to make tackles, read plays, be smooth, be physical.

A team that says it is a real contender needs to win this kind of game against this kind of team.

Tony Oday
09-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Not good Tony. He HOLDS for the extra point and field goal. :-)

Go for two every time ;)

OK OK he can come on for those plays!

wist43
09-12-2014, 02:04 PM
We're not running the ball on them - so just forget that.

They're not going to, or at least they shouldn't be able to, pass the ball on us - much at least.

So that's 1/2 the matchup there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Their defense is very stout overall - so patience is required; don't get frustrated and start flinging it all over the yard - take what the defense gives you (which won't be much), and "matriculate the ball down the field".

On defense - no 2-4/2-5 on 1st and 10, 2nd and 6, etc... their identity is to run the ball, and be tough and physical. Play 7 man fronts with a minimum of 3 DL on the field at all times; Elephant should be okay, but that is as "weak" a front as I would give them... if they throw 3 WR's out there on run downs, and dunderdummy responds with the 2-5, it's gonna be a long day trying to stop the run and get off the field.

Overall I think we win this game without too much trouble... if we do have trouble with them, or if we somehow manage to lose to them?? Then pack it in for 2014.

This game will be very interesting from a measuring stick standpoint. My guess is 30-17 Packers.

Maxie the Taxi
09-12-2014, 02:12 PM
We'll win if Stubby can resist going for a first down on 4th and 5 at mid-field... Yes, Masthay's role in this game should be limited...punting to the coffin corners.

pbmax
09-12-2014, 05:13 PM
Score more points.

The Shadow
09-12-2014, 06:30 PM
Pennel must get a lot of snaps. I think he may have the moxie in the middle we are lacking.
The offense? Just play the way they are capable of. Don't get cute - you have a great quarterback. Pound the run inside, pick the secondary apart. Oh, and maybe give Sherrod (if Bulaga can't make it) a bit of help.

sharpe1027
09-14-2014, 08:15 AM
We'll win if Stubby can resist going for a first down on 4th and 5 at mid-field... Yes, Masthay's role in this game should be limited...punting to the coffin corners.

I don't mind that call one bit. The numbers are on your side. Keeping the ball is way more valuable than a few yards of field position. Don't even have to be that close to 50% on your conversion rate.

hoosier
09-14-2014, 09:47 AM
Tackling. Keep the number of missed tackles down to half a dozen or less and GB wins easily. Over 10 and they're in trouble.

smuggler
09-14-2014, 10:16 AM
Turnovers. Get a few and commit none.

Joemailman
09-14-2014, 07:32 PM
Score more points.

We have a winner!

Teamcheez1
09-14-2014, 07:35 PM
We have a winner!

MM's game plans (at the start) seem to be sorely lacking in the last two games. Play to your strengths, and play to win.

I feel like we're playing scared to start every game.

Rutnstrut
09-14-2014, 08:16 PM
MM's game plans (at the start) seem to be sorely lacking in the last two games. Play to your strengths, and play to win.

I feel like we're playing scared to start every game.

This is why they look soft, instead of tough, smash mouth football. They start games out looking scared and tentative.

pbmax
09-14-2014, 08:32 PM
We have a winner!

Next time I specify they can start before the 2nd Quarter.