PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Pages : 1 [2] 3

pbmax
04-02-2015, 02:40 PM
Part 2: http://gnb.scout.com/story/1533539-nfl-draft-chat-with-dave-te-thomas?s=61

Comment From Ram
Who do you see for the Cleveland Browns first three picks, if not names, positions?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
SHELTON IN 1, AGHOLAR IN 2

Comment From MontanaDawg
Who will be the big players in the Mariota sweepstakes?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
I THINK SAN DIEGO IS THE TEAM I SEE CATCHING A LUV FEST FOR MARCUS. I THINK TENNESSEE WILL GO D & TAKE WILLIAMS

Comment From cmwilk
how long will Todd Gurley last?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
HE'S JUST STARTED RUNNING & I KNOW DALLAS IS HOVERING ABOUT, BUT I THINK HE'S NO LONGER A 1 BUT EARLY 2

Comment From k3
Do you see Marcus Hardison as a "play everywhere" guy in a 3-4, or is he better suited for the 4-3?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
THINK PERNELL McPHEE CLONE THERE-HE REALLY CAME ON PLAYING THE EDGE & HIS VERSATILITY IS WHAT 3-4 TEAMS WANT-REMINDS ME OF TY WARREN MINUS INJURIES

Comment From Pixburger
Have any mid-round sleeper edge rushers?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
TRAIL, Z'DARIUS SMITH, CEDRIC REED (banged up in 2014) & LATE-LOOK AT WAGENMANN- A K BIERMAN TYPE OF PLAYER & OH, CHICKILLO MIGHT HAVE BETTER VALUE AWAYF ROM THE MIAMI SCHEME THAT HOG TIED HIM

Comment From Wardawg
Would you take Malcom Brown over Shelton if you want a NT?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
I WOULD NOT TAKE GOD OVER DANNY SHELTON-MOST DOMINATING NG I HAVE SEEN SINCE MR PAT WILLIAMS. TWO-PART-I LIKE MALCOM BROWN AS AN UNDER TACKLE MORE THAN NG

Comment From Pixburger
Where do you see Auburn QB Nick Marshall at the next level (position)?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
YOU KNOW, I SEE MARSHALL IN NE & LET THE CHIPS FALL-THINK EDELMAN, & OTHERS AS BILL TYPE OF CONVERSION PROJECTS. ME-I TAKE HIM AS A FS

Comment From Erick
What are your thoughts on Ty Sambrailo from Colorado State and when do you think he gets selected?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
NO LATER THAN EARLY 3 & I KNOW THE FALCONS & GIANTS LIKE HIM A LOT. GOOD MOVEMENT SKILLS WITH THAT KID, BUT I'D LIKE TO SEE SOMEONE DO A BEADLES MOVE & MAKE HIM AN OG-GREAT TRAP BLOCKER HE IS

Comment From JunctionFunction
The Broncos have more needs than some fans may realize. Who can you see them targeting with their first couple picks? Any chance Arik Armstead is there at 28 and they look his way?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
MAN, DENVER IS BEEN TRIPPINGT O PITTSBURGH SO MUCH TO SEE TJ CLEMMINGS, I THINK HE HAS DIRTY PICTURES ON THE STAFF
CHIP IS ENAMORED WITH ARMSTEAD & THINK PHILLY MIGHT BE IN PLAY THERE
LOOK FOR A TE LIKE WARFORD OR JESSE JAMES IN tHE 3-5 PICTURE & FEEL DAVID JOHNSON MIGHT SURPRISE IN ROUND 2 FOR THE RB CORPS

Comment From Erick
What are your thoughts on Preston Smith? Personally, I love him and his versatility. Reminds me of Pernell McPhee.

Dave-Te\' Thomas
ERICK, WE MIGHT HAVE A BROMANCE GOING-I TELLL EVERYONE THROW AWAY McKINNEY PRAISDE-SMITH WAS ALL THAT JAZZ FOR THE MSU DEFENSE-IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME TO SEE HIM TO 40 OR BETTER

Comment From omyshoes
Which WR's would be a good pick for the Vikes in the second round?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
DEVANTE PARKER, HANDS DOWN, CUT HIM OPEN & HE BLEEDS PURPLE

Comment From Ram
What are your thoughts on Bud, Alvin Dupree?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
HE'S NOT ALL THAT-GOOD PLAYER, BUT I WILL CERTAINLY GET MORE VALUE IN 4 OUT OF Z'DARIUS THAN BUD IN 1 OR 2

Comment From Jake Marsing
What do you guys think about Kenny Bell out of Nebraska?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
I THINK HE"S THE RODNEY DANGERFIELD OF THE WR CROP-DO NOT BE SURPRISED IF THE GIANTS SCOOP HIM UP IN 4

Comment From k3
do you see Stephone Anthony sneaking into the 1st round?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
OH YEAH-THAT TIGER CAN FILL UP THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD-PREDICTION IN 3 YEARS-ANTHONY IS PLAYING IN THE PRO BOWL IN BRAZIL OR ANOTHER COUNTRY THEN FL LIKES & BEASLEY IS UNEMPLOYED

Comment From LBarthelmess
You have Mycole Pruitt very high on your list of TEs but many don't, what are you seeing that others do not?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
I SEE A VERY GOOD MOTION TIGHT END, ONE WITH THE BEST HANDS IN THE GROUP-HE'S UBBER SLIPPERY AFTER THE CATCH AND IS VASTLY, VASTLY UNDERRATED AS A 2ND LEVEL BLOCKER

Comment From k3
what are your thoughts on Shaq Thompson's ability to be an ILB in a 3-4 D? Does he fit for the Packers?

Dave-Te\' Thomas
NO, THOMPSON IS EITHER GOING TO BE A WILL LB OR SS- I WANT HIM ROAMING THE FIELD & NOT HAVING TO PLAY CONTAIN

Comment From Erick
What are your thoughts on some of the smaller school players? Marpet, McBride and Kyle Emanuel specifically

Dave-Te' Thomas
GLAD YOU BROUGHT UP EMMANUEL-I THINK HE IS A THINKING MAN'S TYPE IN THE MOLD THAT NE USES ROB NINKOVICH-I'D USE HIM AS A SAM OR RUSH END
MARPET IS DESTINED TO BE MATT BIRK-GOOD GUARD BUT GREATER CENTER
McBRIDE IS THE BEST WR NOT IN FBS BALL

Comment From cmwilk
did I miss something are you saying you think Parker makes it to the 2nd round?

Dave-Te' Thomas
NO, ROUND 1-READ AGAIN

Comment From Erick
Why are so many people high on Sammie Coates and Devin Funchess? All I see is drop after drop.

Dave-Te' Thomas
OH BOY SO DO I-I ACTUALLY DID AN EXTENSIVE COMPARISON CHART ON THE TOP 10 WRS & THE #s ARE STARTLING
COOPER & DEVIN SMITH ACED IT

red
04-02-2015, 03:35 PM
I'll tee that one up right now.

:doh::doh::doh:

vince
04-03-2015, 01:46 AM
sounds like your looking for the guy I just started doing a little research on:

Eric Rowe, Utah

Some think he's a safety, some say CB. The more I read, the more I like.
Yeah. I like Rowe too. Byron Jones and Rowe are the two corners I'd be happiest about landing early. I think they have high ceilings.

One of Kendricks, Anthony, Perryman to go along with Jones or Rowe and that'd be a pretty amazing start to a draft in my book.

CB and ILB Rankings at Green Bay's Likely Sweet Spots in the Draft (30 - 130) - CBSSports.com (as of March 30)

24 CB Johnson Wake Forest - that's a bit too high for him IMO
30 CB Peters Washington - uncoachable/character risk - Ted takes shots on these guys in the 7th not the first.
35 ILB Kendricks UCLA - His d-line kept him clean a lot but he's a bigger, faster, stronger version of Nick Barnett. He'd do just fine.
37 CB P.J. Williams Florida State - Has the physical traits you want but I'm not sure if he can play.
44 CB Quentin Rollins Miami (Ohio) - smallish, raw, unpolished is what I'm reading. Has only played CB for one year but tough, aggressive, hard worker...
45 ILB Bernardrick McKinney Texas A&M. I don't like him. He just doesn't seem to me to be an impact player.
47 ILB Anthony Clemson - He could be the guy Ted jumps on in the first too.
54 CB Collins LSU - One of the finest physical specimens at CB in the draft but raw and I'm not convinced he has enough athleticism to reach the potential his size and speed might suggest.
55 CB Jones Connecticut - He's moving up I'd say. Not sure he's gonna get to the 62 spot in the draft.
66 CB Darby Florida State - Speed to run with guys deep but I fear this guy is too much of a sprinter and not enough of a football player.
72 CB DJoun Smith Florida Atlantic - 5'10"
74 ILB Paul Dawson TCU - I like Perryman better than Dawson but they're similar players
76 CB Alex Carter Stanford - Good well-rounded prospect but not a lot to fall in love with
87 CB Josh Shaw USC - not good enough to overcome immature and stupid move jumping off balcony or the stupid, immature massive lie trying to cover-up said stupidity.
89 CB Doran Grant Ohio St. - 5'10"
93 ILB Perryman Miami - He's moving up too I'd say. No way he makes it to the end of the 3rd.
101 CB Steven Nelson Oregon St. - 5'10"
114 CB Ifo Ekpre-OlomuInjured - 5'9" not happening
118 CB Rowe Utah - I think he's a Day 1 starter and the team that drafts him may never look back.
128 ILB Heeney Kansas - smallish but fast and way underappreciated. I'd be very tempted to grab Heeney at the end of the 3rd even if they nabbed Kendricks or Anthony earlier. A ten-year contributor in the league whether its on Special Teams and special situations on D or every down on D.

Maxie the Taxi
04-03-2015, 10:14 AM
Ted is going to have to draft an ILB in the 1st round just because there are so few of them with top potential. The CB position this year is deep with talent. Any of the first 15 have a chance to be standout corners. Guys like Mager, Shepherd and Rowe will be available in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds.

Anthony on the other hand won't last. He'll most likely be gone after the Packers' 1st round pick (might even be gone before the Packers 1st pick). And, as the NFL scout said (the one PB chatted with), I'd rather have Anthony starting at ILB on day one than Jones or Collins next year.

Besides, Dunderdummy likes Anthony. :-)

smuggler
04-03-2015, 11:01 AM
I think Craig Mager might be one of the best CBs in the draft, not that I've surveyed the field, he just looks like an NFL corner in his highlights.

pbmax
04-03-2015, 11:03 AM
Packers has a pre-draft visit with someone I have heard of. He plays QB.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13h13 hours ago
Up tonight: Scouting Reports from the NFL's head scout on Bryce Petty (#Packers predraft visit) and Marcus Peters (Washington pro day)

pbmax
04-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 49m49 minutes ago
From @RapSheet and me: Per the Leon County jail, FSU CB PJ Williams -- a prospective 1st-rounder -- was arrested for DUI at 3:08 AM today.

vince
04-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Ted is going to have to draft an ILB in the 1st round just because there are so few of them with top potential. The CB position this year is deep with talent. Any of the first 15 have a chance to be standout corners. Guys like Mager, Shepherd and Rowe will be available in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds.

Anthony on the other hand won't last. He'll most likely be gone after the Packers' 1st round pick (might even be gone before the Packers 1st pick). And, as the NFL scout said (the one PB chatted with), I'd rather have Anthony starting at ILB on day one than Jones or Collins next year.

Besides, Dunderdummy likes Anthony. :-)
Yup.

Freak Out
04-03-2015, 12:12 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/the-top-5-inside-linebackers-in-the-2015-nfl-draft/

red
04-03-2015, 12:30 PM
well PJ williams, the cb from FSU that some people have said that they wouldn't mind TT taking was just busted for a DUI

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/03/possible-first-round-cornerback-p-j-williams-busted-for-dui/

Maxie the Taxi
04-03-2015, 12:38 PM
I would have drafted PJ Williams or Ronald Darby. Now...I'd stay clear of guys from that program. Something is seriously wrong with the culture there. Not Packer people.

pbmax
04-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Football Outsiders SacSEER stats projection for college pass rushers. Have had some big successes (also a couple of blown calls). Its worth a read. They have more than just a few years of data now.

Football Outsiders ‏@fboutsiders 59m59 minutes ago
ESPN INSIDER: SackSEER projections of this year’s pass-rushers say Shane Ray, Dante Fowler Jr. are likely NFL busts: http://es.pn/1D0cAnl

Welp. that is garbage, its ESPN Insider only. Should be in the garbage.

pbmax
04-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 57m57 minutes ago
Who will be the highest drafted non-Combine invitee? Could be Texas Southern CB Tray Walker. Visits with GB, KC, SEA, BAL, ATL, MIA, OAK.

smuggler
04-06-2015, 04:42 PM
I have always seen Ray as a huge bust candidate. Just a feeling I have...

smuggler
04-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ): Eric Kendricks, ILB/OLB, UCLA (B+)
Round 2 Pick 13 (MINN): Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 10 (T.B.): Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon (B+)
Round 4 Pick 13 (SEA): Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 4 Pick 30: Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 5 Pick 17 (S.D.): Chris Conley, WR, Georgia (A+)
Round 5 Pick 30: Cameron Artis-Payne, RB, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 30: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (B+)
Round 6 Pick 34 (COMP): Xzavier Dickson, OLB, Alabama (A+)
Round 6 Pick 37 (COMP): Josh Harper, WR, Fresno State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Damian Swann, CB, Georgia (A-)

Went through the draft with First-Pick.com, narrowly missed out on Byron Jones and Stephone Anthony in the 3rd and 2nd rounds respectively. Traded two two picks to Minny to trade up for Goldman, after a more Pack-friendly offer was turned down by the two teams in front of them.

Otherwise, the draft seemed kind of realistic.

vince
04-07-2015, 06:11 PM
dp

vince
04-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Some CB scuttlebutt from Tony Pauline (http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=10483)

Quite possibly no defensive back is moving up draft boards faster than Eric Rowe of Utah. As first reported two weeks ago, there’s a feeling Rowe will end up in the second half of round one and won’t get past the 40th pick. The teams I’m hearing highest on Rowe in round one include the Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Byron Jones, who was in Arizona visiting with the Cardinals today, is another zipping up draft boards. Jones is the bigger corner teams want and offers versatility as a number of coaches feel he could slide inside to safety. To date he has seven official visits on his calendar.
Getting back to the Green Bay Packers, immediately after the the combine I was told by several sources cornerback Kevin Johnson of Wake Forest is a player that have been targeting in round one.
Looking for a late round sleeper?? Turn towards Texas Southern cornerback Tray Walker, a player that was not on scouting sheets entering the season.
How busy is Walker? His visits list includes the Green Bay Packers, Baltimore Ravens, Seattle Seahawks and the Atlanta Falcons, who’ll also be working him out.
FWIW (not much), I like all those guys. That Walker cat from Texas Southern looks good on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E-B_wv6eTQ

Freak Out
04-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Is there a CB worth taking in the 1st round?

pbmax
04-07-2015, 06:16 PM
I love this stuff, but if you are the reporter and you have reported a team's interest in 3 prospects at one position in the first round, have you really uncovered anything other than what the team might think its needs are?

vince
04-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Trae Waynes for sure. I've obviously not been in any interviews with Peters but from what I've seen I wouldn't touch him because of character but he's a first round talent... I like Rowe and Jones but they both have one whole year of corner under their belts. I think Johnson has mad skills but needs to fill out more yet. He'll do that but not sure if he's ready to step in immediately and take on some of the monster receivers in the league...

They'd all look a ton better in the 2nd or 3rd that's for sure.

vince
04-07-2015, 06:30 PM
I love this stuff, but if you are the reporter and you have reported a team's interest in 3 prospects at one position in the first round, have you really uncovered anything other than what the team might think its needs are?
Plus it's sometimes hard to decipher real interest from smoke screens at this time of the year. I like reading about interest in these specific guys over some of the guys I have concerns about (Collins from LSU, the Florida State guys and some of the smurfs). I just hope its real and not some of the worthless drivel the local beat guys spew from agents. Pauline has a lot more credibility in my eyes than the local puppets.

smuggler
04-08-2015, 12:50 AM
Peters would be worth taking if his character concerns were checked out. He was kicked off his college program, but he's arguably the best combination of size/athleticism/ball-skills/school/performance at the position in the draft

pbmax
04-08-2015, 09:03 AM
Been following Emory Hunt for the draft for a week. Here is his Packers mock, I am seriously starting to have doubts as a couple of these picks violate known Ted/Ron draft rules. However, he does say this is what he would do, not what Ted would do. Curious what you guys think about his picks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQQhKBCWmrY

pbmax
04-08-2015, 09:12 AM
This is the video that caused me to follow Hunt. It illustrates the problem I have with the draft. I watch this video and see a corner take so many shortcuts he would get roasted in the NFL. So how can you possibly project what he will do in the NFL when he has to change his game?

Someone was recommending this prospect as a Packer pick at CB and provided Hunt's video as evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4dF17XYOTw

smuggler
04-08-2015, 12:28 PM
I don't think so with Terry Williams, Rakeem Cato, or DJoun Smith. All too short for the Pack to draft so high. Not that Green Bay wouldn't draft them, but the lack of height will push them down the Packer big board. Maybe Smith at that spot anyway, since it's a 6th.

My first instinct is to DQ Matias because TT does not draft interior guys, but he did buck that trend with Linsley last year, ang GB does need depth at guard. Both Sitton and Lang spent a lot of time on the injured list last year, even though they toughed it out and played for the most part.

Devante Davis is a classic Packer pick though.

wist43
04-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Is anyone convinced about Palmer and Mulumba?

With Peppers for perhaps one more year (and no guarantee on that), isn't OLB a concern as much as DL?

I like Mulumba... has the physical tools and athletic ability. Just a matter of his instincts and understanding of the game.

Not sure about Palmer, haven't seen enough of him.

wist43
04-08-2015, 03:55 PM
sounds like your looking for the guy I just started doing a little research on:

Eric Rowe, Utah

Some think he's a safety, some say CB. The more I read, the more I like.

I like Rowe too... he's a little stiff in the hips, so I don't know if he can play outside, but he's a big, physical DB with range. Would excel in the slot, zone coverage, and run support. He's definitely on my wish list.

wist43
04-08-2015, 05:21 PM
Yeah. I like Rowe too. Byron Jones and Rowe are the two corners I'd be happiest about landing early. I think they have high ceilings.

One of Kendricks, Anthony, Perryman to go along with Jones or Rowe and that'd be a pretty amazing start to a draft in my book.

CB and ILB Rankings at Green Bay's Likely Sweet Spots in the Draft (30 - 130) - CBSSports.com (as of March 30)

24 CB Johnson Wake Forest - that's a bit too high for him IMO
30 CB Peters Washington - uncoachable/character risk - Ted takes shots on these guys in the 7th not the first.
35 ILB Kendricks UCLA - His d-line kept him clean a lot but he's a bigger, faster, stronger version of Nick Barnett. He'd do just fine.
37 CB P.J. Williams Florida State - Has the physical traits you want but I'm not sure if he can play.
44 CB Quentin Rollins Miami (Ohio) - smallish, raw, unpolished is what I'm reading. Has only played CB for one year but tough, aggressive, hard worker...
45 ILB Bernardrick McKinney Texas A&M. I don't like him. He just doesn't seem to me to be an impact player.
47 ILB Anthony Clemson - He could be the guy Ted jumps on in the first too.
54 CB Collins LSU - One of the finest physical specimens at CB in the draft but raw and I'm not convinced he has enough athleticism to reach the potential his size and speed might suggest.
55 CB Jones Connecticut - He's moving up I'd say. Not sure he's gonna get to the 62 spot in the draft.
66 CB Darby Florida State - Speed to run with guys deep but I fear this guy is too much of a sprinter and not enough of a football player.
72 CB DJoun Smith Florida Atlantic - 5'10"
74 ILB Paul Dawson TCU - I like Perryman better than Dawson but they're similar players
76 CB Alex Carter Stanford - Good well-rounded prospect but not a lot to fall in love with
87 CB Josh Shaw USC - not good enough to overcome immature and stupid move jumping off balcony or the stupid, immature massive lie trying to cover-up said stupidity.
89 CB Doran Grant Ohio St. - 5'10"
93 ILB Perryman Miami - He's moving up too I'd say. No way he makes it to the end of the 3rd.
101 CB Steven Nelson Oregon St. - 5'10"
114 CB Ifo Ekpre-OlomuInjured - 5'9" not happening
118 CB Rowe Utah - I think he's a Day 1 starter and the team that drafts him may never look back.
128 ILB Heeney Kansas - smallish but fast and way underappreciated. I'd be very tempted to grab Heeney at the end of the 3rd even if they nabbed Kendricks or Anthony earlier. A ten-year contributor in the league whether its on Special Teams and special situations on D or every down on D.

Good list Vince... those are a lot of the guys I've been looking at for the first few rounds.

I've backed off Peters altogether - just too much of a risk to take with a high pick. A lot of teams have taken him off their board.

I think there is a lot of good depth at CB in rds 2-3, and I think LB drops off a bit after the first few guys go. At this point I think I'd like to see us trade back a few spots and target McKinney, Anthony, or Perryman.

I'd be okay with any of those 3.

Then in the 2nd target a CB like Rowe, although he'll probably be gone by our pick in the 2nd round.

I haven't researched everyone on your list there, so I'll go thru them and narrow it down.

Thanks for the post, it makes it easier to see the names all listed together like that.

pittstang5
04-09-2015, 08:45 AM
Anthony and Rowe are my targets for this draft. IMO, they are good fits for this defense. If we can get them in the first two rounds - that would be huge. If TT can move down from the 1st into the top 5 of the 2nd, grab Anthony and an extra pick or two, then use those picks or whatever and move up in the 2nd and grab Rowe - OH, Happy day!

Other ILBs & CBs I like in the mid rounds:

ILBs
Ben Heeney - Kansas
Ramik Wilson - Georgia - (Really like this guy 4th round, if he's there in the 5th STEAL!)
Bryce Hager - Baylor

CBs
Justin Cox - Mississippi State
Randall Evans - Kansas State

Other Players I'm liking in the mid rounds:
Henry Anderson - DE - Stanford (Perfect Size for a 3-4 DE, high motor, smart - Packer People)
Jeff Heuerman - TE - Ohio State
Jesse James - TE - Penn State
Cedric Ogbuehi - OT - Texas A&M
Corey Crawford - DE - Clemson

smuggler
04-09-2015, 10:40 AM
Ogbuehi would be an awesome 4th-5th round pick. He'll redshirt 2015 with the ACL, but he was a top-50 player before the injury.

pbmax
04-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Texas A&M Commerce is the new Colorado School of Mines for Ted I guess.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 28m28 minutes ago
@WesHod had the news of Texas A&M-Commerce WR Ricky Collins' visit. Wait until you see my story on him later tonight.

Weston Hodkiewicz @WesHod · Apr 8
With pre-draft visits underway, #Packers are scheduled to meet with intriguing Texas A&M-Commerce WR Ricky Collins http://pck.rs/1ydJaCi

pbmax
04-09-2015, 09:11 PM
Mariota might suffer a Rodgers according to Charles Robinson.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/smoke-screens-around-marcus-mariota-make-him-nfl-draft-s-biggest-domino-005301737.html

vince
04-10-2015, 07:40 AM
This is the video that caused me to follow Hunt. It illustrates the problem I have with the draft. I watch this video and see a corner take so many shortcuts he would get roasted in the NFL. So how can you possibly project what he will do in the NFL when he has to change his game?

Someone was recommending this prospect as a Packer pick at CB and provided Hunt's video as evidence.
The guy does have some agility and foot quickness but "compares favorably to Richard Sherman"?

He's raw as raw can be. Like you said PB, he takes shortcuts, cheats, however you want to say it. He's like a receiver who doesn't know how to run routes yet. That guy on tape would be toast in the NFL. He'd compare favorably to Ahmad Carroll maybe. Carroll was a first rounder so he's got that going for him I guess.

Maybe he can develop in time but that guy's a practice squad candidate at best. First round prospect. Better than Richard Sherman. The self-proclaimed "Czar" must refer to him being czar of Fields' hometown posse.

And the Czar's draft would blow big chunks IMO. His 2nd round selection is ranked 639 (there are 256 picks in the draft) on CBSSports.com. His 4th round pick QB Rakeem Cato is ranked 530. Etc., etc. His future star Ron Fields doesn't make the list of 1000 prospects.

I'm all for out-of-the-box thinking but the Czar's so far out he doesn't even know where the box is.

pbmax
04-10-2015, 08:02 AM
We only hear about the times coaches went head over heels for a terrible pro prospect. There has to be some success stories, right?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 10h10 hours ago
Can confirm Illinois TE Matt LaCosse making a pre-draft visit to #Packers Friday. Was a Ron Zook recruit. Ran 4.64 at #Illini pro day.

Maxie the Taxi
04-10-2015, 08:16 AM
We only hear about the times coaches went head over heels for a terrible pro prospect. There has to be some success stories, right?

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 10h10 hours ago
Can confirm Illinois TE Matt LaCosse making a pre-draft visit to #Packers Friday. Was a Ron Zook recruit. Ran 4.64 at #Illini pro day.

6'6", 258 lbs. ex-basketball star, runs the 40 in 4.64, good football intelligence, versatile, hmmmm...TT might have something here.

This is why I can't see TT using a high draft choice on a guy like Maxx Williams. Besides having R. Rodgers already, Williams-style TE can be had in the later rounds or UDFA easy enough.

Pugger
04-10-2015, 09:27 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/smoke-screens-around-marcus-mariota-make-him-nfl-draft-s-biggest-domino-005301737.html

I wonder. In 2005 how many teams after SF were in dire need of a QB? It looks like besides Tampa Washington, Tennessee, Chicago and NYJ need a QB. I seriously doubt teams will pass him up because of what happened to ARod. Teams are not going to want to look back in a couple of years and kick themselves like several of them did after the 2005 draft.

Joemailman
04-10-2015, 11:08 AM
I wonder. In 2005 how many teams after SF were in dire need of a QB? It looks like besides Tampa Washington, Tennessee, Chicago and NYJ need a QB. I seriously doubt teams will pass him up because of what happened to ARod. Teams are not going to want to look back in a couple of years and kick themselves like several of them did after the 2005 draft.

Washington still has RGIII and may not have given up on him. Everybody seems to think Tennessee is taking Leonard Williams. The Bears may be in a defensive mindset especially since they are switching to a 3-4. I never know what the Jets are thinking. I think he could slide down to Cleveland at #12. That would be interesting. If he slides past Cleveland the slide could be Big.

Freak Out
04-10-2015, 11:54 AM
I still take Mariota before Winston. Winston put his team in some deep holes by not being disciplined...and he'll do the same in the NFL.

mraynrand
04-10-2015, 12:00 PM
The guy does have some agility and foot quickness but "compares favorably to Richard Sherman"?

He's raw as raw can be. Like you said PB, he takes shortcuts, cheats, however you want to say it. He's like a receiver who doesn't know how to run routes yet. That guy on tape would be toast in the NFL. He'd compare favorably to Ahmad Carroll maybe. Carroll was a first rounder so he's got that going for him I guess.

Maybe he can develop in time but that guy's a practice squad candidate at best. First round prospect. Better than Richard Sherman. The self-proclaimed "Czar" must refer to him being czar of Fields' hometown posse.

And the Czar's draft would blow big chunks IMO. His 2nd round selection is ranked 639 (there are 256 picks in the draft) on CBSSports.com. His 4th round pick QB Rakeem Cato is ranked 530. Etc., etc. His future star Ron Fields doesn't make the list of 1000 prospects.

I'm all for out-of-the-box thinking but the Czar's so far out he doesn't even know where the box is.

I just glanced at this, so maybe I totally misunderstood the guy, but I thought these were all dark horse picks...

Maxie the Taxi
04-10-2015, 12:58 PM
I just glanced at this, so maybe I totally misunderstood the guy, but I thought these were all dark horse picks...

The guy seems to specialize in small college, sleeper types from what I've seen on his website.

pittstang5
04-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Ogbuehi would be an awesome 4th-5th round pick. He'll redshirt 2015 with the ACL, but he was a top-50 player before the injury.

Him and the CB from Oregon that tore his ACL - very interested as to where they go

pittstang5
04-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Double post

pbmax
04-11-2015, 12:49 PM
Anyone want to help me unpack this?

Ralph Cindrich ‏@RalphCindrich 2h2 hours ago San Diego, CA
LIES! #NFL clubs at #Draft time. Most let it out of the bag. Polian never did. Wolf did. One Club started rumor client gay-then drafted him.

Cindrch (if this is the father and I think it is) is a legend in agent community. His time is largely past, but had a lot of players under contract and some big names. He would have some stories.

smuggler
04-11-2015, 04:24 PM
He's saying clubs would use rumors to impact players' draft stock, sexual orientation included. No shocker there.

pbmax
04-11-2015, 07:07 PM
He's saying clubs would use rumors to impact players' draft stock, sexual orientation included. No shocker there.

Yeah, but is he saying Wolf made one up or just let a secret out of the bag?

smuggler
04-11-2015, 10:11 PM
I think what he was saying is that Wolf was the informant for that practice but I could be wrong.. Fucking Twitter...

pbmax
04-12-2015, 10:04 AM
I think what he was saying is that Wolf was the informant for that practice but I could be wrong.. Fucking Twitter...

Yeah, that's kinda where I came down. Wolf, as is his wont, fessed up. Pollen denies it happens or that he participates.

pbmax
04-12-2015, 10:10 AM
The guy seems to specialize in small college, sleeper types from what I've seen on his website.

I agree with you. It also might be his mission statement:

Emory Hunt @FBallGameplan · Apr 10
I also noticed commentary about my Big Board/Prospect Rankings w/regards to Small College players. Again, my --> personal <-- philosophy is

that it doesn't matter where you play. What matters to me is the traits you show while you're playing. Just b/c your a reserve at Bama,

doesn't make you better than a 4x All-American at a lower level college IF he's displaying the traits of a pro-level talent.

You have to remember, there's a lot of reasons for players to end up at smaller schools & it doesn't always have to do w/talent.

Patler
04-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Anyone want to help me unpack this?

Ralph Cindrich ‏@RalphCindrich 2h2 hours ago San Diego, CA
LIES! #NFL clubs at #Draft time. Most let it out of the bag. Polian never did. Wolf did. One Club started rumor client gay-then drafted him.

Cindrch (if this is the father and I think it is) is a legend in agent community. His time is largely past, but had a lot of players under contract and some big names. He would have some stories.

Yeah, that's kinda where I came down. Wolf, as is his wont, fessed up. Pollen denies it happens or that he participates.

Another example of why I think twitter is the worst thing to come around in a long time. So many people are committed to it, but it is so easily misunderstood. Regarding the above, I think there is yet another interpretation, if you look at Cindrich's earlier entry:

So you can lie, defame a candidate in politics & it's ok? Sen Reid-Nevada. Little wonder we lack moral fiber. Screw you-it's just wrong.
0 retweets 3 favorites

Then, in the one pbmax quotes, what if "Most" is a typo, and it should be "Must", as in he himself (Cindrich) must let the cat out of the bag? In that case he is saying that Polian never lied, Wolf did and someone he didn't name started a gay rumor.

As one of the big time agents, Cindrich doesn't need any informant about the practice, he knows from first hand experiences with it. As a real insider into the draft, signing and personnel world of the NFL, a guy who knew the GMs well, he knew the liars, the cheats and the honest ones.

mraynrand
04-12-2015, 12:32 PM
Another example of why I think twitter is the worst thing to come around in a long time.

Newspeak

smuggler
04-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Good post Patler. I agree.

gbgary
04-12-2015, 04:57 PM

kinda doubt it now that one of winston's handlers said he's not ready.

pbmax
04-12-2015, 06:08 PM
I have seen impossible to unpack paragraphs in many long form articles. Its not the 140 characters. Its the lack of time and editing.

Patler
04-12-2015, 06:19 PM
I find it to be mostly the limited characters. It is impossible to provide context for interpretation, and simple phrases on their own are often ambiguous.

smuggler
04-13-2015, 03:00 PM
Ran through another mock. I traded down a few times and found myself in no-mans-land where the best players were all WRs and RBs... Had to trade up twice as well. The more I do this, the more I lament our draft position @30...

042 - R2P10 - LB STEPHONE ANTHONY, CLEMSON
074 - R3P10 - TE CLIVE WALFORD, MIAMI (FLA.)
094 - R3P30 - RB DAVID JOHNSON, NORTHERN IOWA
105 - R4P06 - CB JOSH SHAW, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
126 - R4P27 - CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU, OREGON
141 - R5P05 - WR CHRIS CONLEY, GEORGIA
144 - R5P08 - TE TYLER KROFT, RUTGERS
146 - R5P10 - CB KEVIN WHITE, TCU
166 - R5P30 - DT XAVIER WILLIAMS, NORTHERN IOWA
182 - R6P06 - FB TYLER VARGA, YALE
186 - R6P10 - LB XZAVIER DICKSON, ALABAMA
206 - R6P30 - DT JOEY MBU, HOUSTON
210 - R6P34 - CB CRAIG MAGER, TEXAS STATE
213 - R6P37 - OT ANDREW DONNAL, IOWA

Both of the DTs I picked are nose tackles. I was trying to hit the side of a pig's ass with a handful of gravel.

Joemailman
04-13-2015, 03:21 PM
Ron Jaworski says sources indicating Bucs could take Mariota #1 instead of Winston. http://fansided.com/2015/04/13/marcus-mariota-tampa-bay-buccaneers-rumors-jaworski/

I realize a lot of stuff gets leaked by teams this time of year that isn't true, but it wouldn't surprise me. I've always thought Mariota is the type of QB Lovie Smith would rather have.

pbmax
04-13-2015, 04:35 PM
I have lost quite a bit of respect for Jaworski over the years. He seems on his way to becoming a concern troll.

But the biggest hit his reputation took was discovering it was Cosell, not Jaws, who was watching all that tape for NFL Matchup. I have significant doubt he has independent sources giving him real info about the Bucs plans.

red
04-13-2015, 05:33 PM
Ron Jaworski says sources indicating Bucs could take Mariota #1 instead of Winston. http://fansided.com/2015/04/13/marcus-mariota-tampa-bay-buccaneers-rumors-jaworski/

I realize a lot of stuff gets leaked by teams this time of year that isn't true, but it wouldn't surprise me. I've always thought Mariota is the type of QB Lovie Smith would rather have.

when i watched the 2 of them play each other this year i came away thinking mariota looked like the better QB on the field. add in all the off field stuff with winston, and i would think it's a no brainer who the first QB taken is

i also don't think either one is worth a shit, i think they're both closer to geno smith then andrew luck. i don't think either one SHOULD be a first rounder, and i doubt either amounts to much in the pros

i'm glad we aren't a team thats desperate for a franchise QB, it really makes you do stupid things

Maxie the Taxi
04-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Ran through another mock. I traded down a few times and found myself in no-mans-land where the best players were all WRs and RBs... Had to trade up twice as well. The more I do this, the more I lament our draft position @30...

042 - R2P10 - LB STEPHONE ANTHONY, CLEMSON
074 - R3P10 - TE CLIVE WALFORD, MIAMI (FLA.)
094 - R3P30 - RB DAVID JOHNSON, NORTHERN IOWA
105 - R4P06 - CB JOSH SHAW, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
126 - R4P27 - CB IFO EKPRE-OLOMU, OREGON
141 - R5P05 - WR CHRIS CONLEY, GEORGIA
144 - R5P08 - TE TYLER KROFT, RUTGERS
146 - R5P10 - CB KEVIN WHITE, TCU
166 - R5P30 - DT XAVIER WILLIAMS, NORTHERN IOWA
182 - R6P06 - FB TYLER VARGA, YALE
186 - R6P10 - LB XZAVIER DICKSON, ALABAMA
206 - R6P30 - DT JOEY MBU, HOUSTON
210 - R6P34 - CB CRAIG MAGER, TEXAS STATE
213 - R6P37 - OT ANDREW DONNAL, IOWA

Both of the DTs I picked are nose tackles. I was trying to hit the side of a pig's ass with a handful of gravel.

Must get Anthony or I'll be disappointed. Like the 14 picks, but I think TT will stand pat on his 9.

smuggler
04-13-2015, 07:36 PM
At most TT would trade back and add a 10th. I screwed myself when the guys I was targeting kept getting snagged. Traded back too often, but then, I do not have the confidence in my selections that a pro department would.

Joemailman
04-13-2015, 09:38 PM
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=10483

Quite possibly no defensive back is moving up draft boards faster than Eric Rowe of Utah.

As first reported two weeks ago, there’s a feeling Rowe will end up in the second half of round one and won’t get past the 40th pick. The teams I’m hearing highest on Rowe in round one include the Green Bay Packers and Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles have doubled up on Rowe, that is worked him out and will bring him in for an official visit, as have the Detroit Lions, who believe Rowe can start at either safety or cornerback.

Teams who like Rowe but select late in the rounds face a dilemma as most realize if they don’t draft him with their initial selection he won’t be on the board when they’re called on the clock in round two. Teams love Rowe’s size, athleticism and versatility but also feel he’s a smart, coachable player. The New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Bucs and Oakland Raiders are also bringing Rowe in for a visit. The Atlanta Falcons are working him out in a few weeks.

Getting back to the Green Bay Packers, immediately after the the combine I was told by several sources cornerback Kevin Johnson of Wake Forest is a player that have been targeting in round one.

Fritz
04-14-2015, 06:50 AM
http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=10483

What a load of bologna. Nobody knows who the Packers are targeting. God doesn't even know who the Packers are targeting.

HarveyWallbangers
04-14-2015, 08:31 AM
Is there really a player named Xzavier?

smuggler
04-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Literacy is not a requisite for breeding.

pbmax
04-14-2015, 08:51 AM
And the backtracking begins. Bet Jaworski got out over his skis as public draft opinion started to elevate Mariota again and he oversold the general consensus as his "sources". Long term workers at ESPN should start thinking about the long term affects of ESPN employment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/14/jaworski-gets-chance-to-elaborate-on-mariota-to-bucs-but-doesnt/

pbmax
04-14-2015, 08:52 AM
Is there really a player named Xzavier?

How would you spell the name: Ex-Zavier ?

Maxie the Taxi
04-14-2015, 05:08 PM
What a load of bologna. Nobody knows who the Packers are targeting. God doesn't even know who the Packers are targeting.

Agreed. TT probably has a standing policy that anyone on staff who speaks out of school will be fired. I'm betting it's an intentional leak.

pbmax
04-14-2015, 09:20 PM
ILBs Courtesy of http://gnb.scout.com

http://gnb.scout.com/story/1536932-ranking-top-15-inside-lb-s-by-measurables?s=61

NO. PLAYER 40 (10) 3-CONE 20 S ARM BROAD BENCH VERT
1. Eric Kendricks 4.61 (1.57) 7.14* 4.14* 31 10-04 19 38
2. Stephone Anthony 4.56 (1.56) 7.07 4.03 32 1/2 10-02 23 37
3. Benardrick McKinney 4.66 (1.63) 7.21 4.27 33 10-00 16 40.5
4. Paul Dawson 4.93 (1.68) 6.76* 4.49 31 1/2 09-01 21 28
5. Denzel Perryman 4.78 (1.67) 7.07** 4.39** 31 7/8 09-03 27 32
6. Kwon Alexander 4.55 (1.58) 7.14 4.20 30 1/4 10-01 24 36
7. Jordan Hicks 4.68 (1.58) 6.78 4.15 32 10-04 20 38
8. Mike Hull 4.68 (1.60) 6.99 4.15 30 1/2 09-02* 31 30.5*
9. Ben Heeney 4.59 (1.61) 6.68 4.00 30 3/4 10-00 19 33.5
10. Ramik Wilson 4.77 (1.65) 7.39* 4.51 33 09-03 23 35
11. Bryce Hager 4.60 (1.60) 7.15 4.36 31 3/8 09-09 26 35
12. Jake Ryan 4.65 (1.62) 7.11 4.20 31 10-00 20 34.5
13. Taiwan Jones 4.95 (1.72) 7.25 4.33 34 09-07 19 32
14. Hayes Pullard 4.78 (1.64) 7.07 4.39 31 1/4 09-02 19 31
15. Edmond Robinson 4.61 (1.61) 7.49 4.38 34 10-01 20 37

Note: Figures marked with an asterisk are from pro days and taken from NFLDraftScout.com. For Perryman, he didn’t do the three-cone or 20 shuttle at the Combine and was injured at pro day, so his figures come from in-season testing and are courtesy of the Thomas.

“Linebackers want to outperform their peer group in six of the seven skill drills at the Combine,” Sundquist said. “That is, they want to exceed the average posted by all the players at that position. Joe looked at the percent of starters over a given time period and saw a certain percent of those starting at that position in the NFL that did just that.”
According to Landers’ findings, 40-yard dash (79 percent of starters outperformed their peers), long shuttle (78 percent), three-cone drill (77 percent) and short shuttle (73 percent) are the top predictors for linebackers. That’s followed by broad jump (70 percent), bench press (67 percent) and vertical jump (64 percent). Arm length is critical, as well, as that is a 240-pound linebacker’s No. 1 line of defense against a 320-pound guard.

Note they say arm length is crucial but don't specify how starters performed. Numbers alone probably don't tell the story. Need to have long arms, some strength and good hand technique.

For comparison, here is Harv's guy from ND State and Barrington:
Sam Barrington = 6'1" 246, 4.83 40, 4.25 shuttle, 7.16 cone, 32.5 vertical, 117 broad, 22 bench
Kyle Emanuel = 6'3" 255, 4.77 40, 4.25 shuttle, 7.10 cone, 34 vertical, 120 broad, 27 bench

pbmax
04-14-2015, 09:25 PM
Same source, rankings in position group for six most important attributes. (Note No. 1: No points were awarded for the 10-yard times because they so closely corresponded to the 40-yard times. Note No. 2: Again, the long shuttle was not included because times are not available for every prospect.)

PLAYER 40 (10) 3-CONE 20 S ARM BROAD BENCH VERT TOTAL
Steph. Anthony 2 (1) 5 2 5 3 5 4 26
Jordan Hicks 9 (3) 3 4 6 1 8 2 33
Eric Kendricks 5 (2) 9 3 11 1 11 2 42
Kwon Alexander 1 (3) 9 6 15 4 4 6 45
Ben Heeney 3 (7) 1 1 13 6 11 10 45
Edmond Robinson 5 (7) 15 11 1 4 8 4 48
B. McKinney 8 (10) 12 8 3 6 15 1 53
Bryce Hager 4 (5) 11 10 9 9 3 7 54
Jake Ryan 7 (9) 8 6 11 6 8 9 55
Mike Hull 9 (5) 4 4 14 13 1 14 59
Denzel Perryman 12 (13) 5 12 7 11 2 11 60
Ramik Wilson 11 (12) 14 15 3 11 5 7 66
Taiwan Jones 15 (15) 13 9 1 10 11 11 70
Paul Dawson 14 (14) 2 14 8 15 7 15 75
Hayes Pullard 12 (11) 5 12 10 13 11 13 76

pbmax
04-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Based on Landers’ findings that the 40, three-cone and shuttle times are the most important results from the Scouting Combine (plus direction from NFLDraftScout’s Rob Rang, a former NFC scout and a current NFC scout):

PLAYER 40 (10) 3-CONE 20 S ARM TOTAL BROAD BENCH VERT TOTAL
Steph. Anthony 2 (1) 5 2 5 14 3 5 4 26
Ben Heeney 3 (7) 1 1 13 18 6 11 10 45
Jordan Hicks 9 (3) 3 4 6 22 1 8 2 33
Eric Kendricks 5 (2) 9 3 11 28 1 11 2 42
Kwon Alexander 1 (3) 9 6 15 31 4 4 6 45
B. McKinney 8 (10) 12 8 3 31 6 15 1 53
Mike Hull 9 (5) 4 4 14 31 13 1 14 59
Edmond Robinson 5 (7) 15 11 1 32 4 8 4 48
Jake Ryan 7 (9) 8 6 11 32 6 8 9 55
Bryce Hager 4 (5) 11 10 9 34 9 3 7 54
Denzel Perryman 12 (13) 5 12 7 36 11 2 11 60
Taiwan Jones 15 (15) 13 9 1 38 10 11 11 70
Paul Dawson 14 (14) 2 14 8 38 15 7 15 75
Hayes Pullard 12 (11) 5 12 10 39 13 11 13 76
Ramik Wilson 11 (12) 14 15 3 43 11 5 7 66

smuggler
04-14-2015, 11:39 PM
I find it interesting that Paul Dawson's 3 cone is so much better than all the rest of his metrics. We know he's strong. Hmm...

vince
04-15-2015, 04:21 AM
Yeah there's a lot of interesting stuff in there. Thanks for providing that PB, along with all the other great info/posts you deliver.

Hicks is a guy that would worry me. Good numbers. Steady but relatively unimpactful play. Reports say he's a good leader. Has some pretty major injury history. A poor man's Hawk without the availability?

I'm fully onboard with Maxie's mancrush on Anthony. Great numbers and I think he's a playmaker. I don't think it's a good idea to fall in love with just one guy though. Tunnel vision leads to trouble in the draft. Kendrick's also a rangy guy, who can do it all.

Then there's Dawson and Perryman, both of whom I think are much better in pads than underwear and play faster than they time. Strong football instincts and aggressiveness. Both would likely be a serious upgrade for Green Bay.

Add Heeney into the mix who has everything you want but lacks the ideal size and arm length that Landers refers to in his study. He may need more from the D-line to keep him clean inside but if that could happen he could be a bit of a sleeper.

Alexander also lacks the size/arm length and doesn't have the 3-cone/shuttle quickness you're looking for but is tops in straight-line speed. Reports say he's an athlete but lacks instincts and shows a lot of wasted steps before diagnosing. Poor fundamentals when tackling and tends to over-run plays when flowing. I haven't seen much of him but that doesn't sound like a guy you'd be looking at unless he drops to the bottom of the draft, hoping he can learn.

Maxie the Taxi
04-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Here's what I would do if I was Gen. Mgr. of the Packers. Of course, TT will not draft any of these guys...with possibly two exceptions.

I picked these players on the basis of six criteria: 1) Improve ILB speed and playmaking ability against the run and pass; 2) Improve CB physicality and attitude against the run and not sacrifice coverage; 3) Improve 3rd down and red zone options, especially via the pass; 4) Improve defensive line against the run; 5) Improve special teams; and 6) Improve team speed in general.

(Quotes below are from NFL Draft Tracker: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015?icampaign=draft-sub_nav_bar-drafteventpage-home)

30: R1P30
ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY ILB 6'3" 243
CLEMSON

Has desired build for position. Good play speed and is generally under control. Steady, consistent tackler when he's squared up. Has speed to chase to the sidelines and finish the play. Able to cover tight ends in passing game. Breaks to ball quickly against pass. Flashes ball skills and will play through pass-catchers. Features traits to be a more effective blitzer if called upon. Will compete through whistle and is physical against skill-position players. Lost job as junior and regained starting position with hard work and good attitude. Can cover ground laterally.
It all begins with Stephone Anthony. He's quick, fast, a good tackler, can cover and has size and attitude. The Pack has no playmaker like him on the inside. He's gonna be an All Pro some day. Just watch the tape (Yes, Vince, it's a man crush): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRcYu-RD68Q

62: R2P30
CB P.J. WILLIAMS CB 6'0" 194
FLORIDA STATE

Cover cornerback with the talent to play on an island, and the swagger to regroup and forget when beaten. Williams can cover outside or from the slot, and has potential to come in and start right away for an aggressive man-cover defense. With consistency of effort, Williams could become the best cornerback to come out of this draft.
He's a 1st rounder that will fall to the 2nd round and the Pack because of a DUI!. He can cover, has size, is physical and can tackle. I like him on tape. I've watched him at Florida State. Guy plays with attitude and is a winner. The DUI? No problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYbGt6PgiNQ

94: R3P30
RB DAVID JOHNSON RB 6'1" 224
NORTHERN IOWA

Who better than a former wide receiver to throw to out of the backfield? Johnson broke several school receiving records in high school, but quickly outgrew the position and is now a 225-pound rusher whose hands are as soft as any back in the draft. Johnson impressed NFL coaches and scouts at the Senior Bowl (http://www.seniorbowl.com/news-highlights-detail.php?news=289) in January with his ability to catch the ball. Look for Johnson to be picked in the middle rounds, ahead of bigger names from bigger schools.
After watching his tape, I can't help being reminded of Dorsey Levens. He's about the same size, runs like Dorsey, is a mudder, is fast and has great hands. He'd make a great 3rd down/red zone weapon, just as Dorsey was. See the catch he makes at 4:07 in this video and tell me who he reminds you of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LKaerKR8Ro

129: R4P30
CB JACOREY SHEPHERD CB 5'11" 199
KANSAS

"He gets sloppy with his feet and technique, but I think he can play. You don't make that many plays on the ball because of luck. You make that many plays because you have a great feel for it." -- NFC college director of scouting
He's also a KR. All the guy does is make plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vTw9dbY2XQ
166: R5P30

WR DARREN WALLER WR 6'6" 238
GEORGIA TECH

Late bloomer who is faster than quick and has coveted size-speed combination. Waller isn't just a tall receiver, he has legitimate hands and body control and can impose his size on mismatched cornerbacks. Waller has a low floor, but with a little more competitive fire and technique work, he could become a legitimate touchdown maker in the league.
He's a wide receiver but I think his value to the Pack is at TE. Waller reminds me of Jermichael Finley. He's about the same size but faster. Runs the 40 in 4.46. He'll be our threat down the seam. He'll bring an exiciting dimension to 3rd down and red zone offense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jex4aA4BLXI

206: R6P30
OT JAMON BROWN OT 6'4" 323
LOUISVILLE

Intriguing tackle/guard prospect. His mass and athletic limitations are best-suited inside and his quickness off the snap could be an indicator that Brown's best football could be ahead of him. With a wider base and better body control, Brown could become a starting guard or potential tackle in power scheme.
This man is not only fat, he's got the versatility that TT likes.

210: R6P34
CB NICK MARSHALL CB 6'1" 207
AUBURN

He had a stellar year as a quarterback for the Tigers, and AU coach Gus Malzahn has said he believes Marshall could play that position at the pro level. He completed 178 of 293 passes (60 percent) for 2,532 yards and 20 touchdowns, with only seven interceptions. He also took four fewer sacks, in 59 more pass attempts, than he did as a junior.
Am I the only person in Packerland that thinks Marshall could be Rodgers' backup, a backup that will give us a better chance of winning if Arod goes down again? The guy has a strong arm and is as mobile as Marcus Mariota. His college coach calls him the best zone read QB in the country. And if he washes out at QB, he plays a decent CB. He acquitted himself well as a physical corner in the Senior Bowl. Some see him as a safety. Did I mention he also returns punts? I say put him under Stubby's wing and let him play QB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSwWUhPQ_4Q

213: R6P37
CB JUSTIN COLEMAN CB 5'11" 185
TENNESSEE

Played outside contain on kickoff coverage...Plays with energy and confidence and is a good finisher in run support. Has desired instincts and awareness in coverage, but lacks athleticism to match up against quicker targets in man coverage. Could be tough to cut based on toughness and ability to play on special teams.

Vince convinced me he's worth a draft pick. The guy can run, can cover and is physical. Plus, he's got decent size. Also, he posted the best 3-cone time at the combine and "the cone means everything," to quote Fritz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aueQzQXDR2U

247: R7P30
DT LETERRIUS WALTON DT 6'5" 319
CENTRAL MICHIGAN

Ascending player. Former offensive lineman who has shown improvement with each passing season. Big man who flashes talent to penetrate and can win with explosive get-off. Good athlete for a big, inside player. Quick hands that should become more explosive with work. Will cruise down the line chasing run plays. Discipline in pass rush and maintains lane integrity...High-motor interior lineman who could become a five-technique in a 3-4 defense with more technique work. Walton has the traits to become an above-average player against the run and should be able to play in both odd and even fronts... "I have a feeling he's going to be one of those guys who ends up being an NFL player that nobody sees coming. He was a baseball and basketball player, which means he has good hands and feet. More coaching might be able to unlock an NFL player." -- AFC West scout
An athletic and explosive big man that TT will draft before the 7th round. You can take that to the bank: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGwJJzetF_s

vince
04-17-2015, 09:13 AM
That would be sweet indeed. Jones, Rowe and Johnson are the CBs who I think fit the best for GB. Rowe's probably the only one with a chance to drop to the bottom of the 2nd. My mock would have Teddy pulling off a trade-up in the 2nd to get Rowe. I think Rowe has a higher ceiling than Williams but Williams may be more NFL ready right now.

What's your thinking for taking 4 corners? BPA? I gotta believe 4 corners already on the roster are locks for spots. There's definitely room for 2 more but even at that you have 6 young guys who are all presumably still getting better.

Love the David Johnson pick. Starks will be 30 soon and that's a big spot that'll need to be filled after this year. Worst case is Johnson gets a red-shirt year and is ready to step in. He may be the absolute perfect guy for that scenario.

And another creative, Ted-like pick with Waller. He'll need to learn how to block as an H-Back but big and fast target down the seam would be just about the last thing this offense needs.

Also love the guard project.

If these guys all panned out like their potential suggests (never happens obviously), other than using one or two of the CB picks to trade up to land Rowe vs. Williams, since two of the CB picks probably can't make the roster anyway (no idea which ones that'd be), this would be a grand slam draft in my book.

What would you do Maxie, if Anthony's already off the board at 30?

Can't wait for the draft. It's one of my favorite weekends of the year.

Maxie the Taxi
04-17-2015, 10:12 AM
First of all, Vince, thanks for your comments.

Re: Jones, Rowe, Johnson...I like them too but they weren't available when I mock drafted "On the Clock." Who knows how the actual draft will pan out. I picked Williams because I'm most familiar with him. The other guys I picked from film and availability. Picking RB Johnson limits later picks. You may be right in trading up.

Re: Drafting Four CB's...I consider Marshall a QB first, then probably a safety. Have you seen his QB video? Surely he can make the team as the third QB, maybe even the second. Drafting a third CB may be overkill, especially if a trade up can be done.

Re: Waller...He's so much like Finley it's scary...even drops the easy ones like Finley.:-) (I don't think he's a head case though. He's used to blocking 90% of the time with Georgia Tech.)

Re: Anthony being off the board at 30...That would be real bad news. That's where I'd trade up to prevent that happening. If TT can't get Anthony drafted, I guess I'd go with Dawson and pray he's not a head case. He looks good on film despite his Combine blowup. He's got good quickness and instincts. I really don't like Perryman, even though I've seen him play many times (my wife's a huge Miami fan). He's a thumper but is too short and too subject to mismatches by backs and TE's. Kendricks would be fine, but he'll go before Anthony more than likely. McKinney just strikes me as having heavy legs. He's way overrated IMO.

By the way, all the mocks I've done have turned out best by selecting Anthony 1st. He's always number 45 or so on the big boards and never survives to our second round. Dallas, Indianapolis, San Francisco and Pittsburgh are all buyers in a tight market.

One more thing, take a look at this video of Jeff Luc. The guy is the king of all thumpers but has the rep of being "muscle-bound," ie, slow and unathletic. You watch this video though and you see the guy plays fast and quick for his size. Plus, he forces fumbles like a machine. I might just bring him into camp for look...TT might even draft him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhfFNRQN92c and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eepWXJywEOs

Re: Draft Week...Bring it on! I love every minute of it.

pbmax
04-18-2015, 07:56 AM
Packer Report on Quarterbacks in the 2015 Draft. Its a freebie, so no extensive quoting needed.

http://t.co/PqjenqcxcZ

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9h9 hours ago
Scouting the Draft series begins with Quarterbacks. FREE and very long. #packers http://gnb.scout.com/story/1538550-scouting-the-draft-quarterbacks?s=61 …

Maxie the Taxi
04-18-2015, 08:34 AM
His experience in the pistol (http://gnb.scout.com/story/1535769-nevada-qb-fajardo-talks-plays-good-game) and his athleticism would appeal to McCarthy.

If this is true, Stubby HAS to be looking at Nick Marshall, who isn't even mentioned in the Scouting Report.:???:

Plus, Bryan Bennett is a Favre clone...period. Are we ready for another Favre? I say bring him on.

Five questions with former SLU QB Bryan Bennett at the NFL Scouting Combine (http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/02/five_questions_with_former_slu.html)

Who were your favorite quarterbacks growing up?

"I had a Brett Favre jersey, always looked up to Brett Favre. I just like he was out there, gunslinger, throw it around, had a really strong arm. I liked that when I was a kid. I still have a lot of respect for him. You can tell he was always a great competitor and now watching some of these guys that have had success, Aaron Rodgers, his ability to both throw the ball and be an athlete.

The guy is the same size as Favre and plays like Favre too...

A late addition to the Senior Bowl (http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2015/01/former_slu_quarterback_bryan_b.html), Bennett completed five of 10 passes for 80 yards with two interceptions.

From NFL Draft Tracker:

Strengths

Very good athlete. Posted impressive 37-inch vertical and 10-foot-5 broad jump at the NFL Scouting Combine. Played behind Marcus Mariota at Oregon to begin his career. Has ability to hurt defenses as a scrambler and on running plays. Looks the part. Smooth, effortless release. Arm strength is no issue. Can put pepper on seam throws. Shows hints of being able to make anticipatory throws into tight windows. When able, will shuffle from pocket, keeping his eyes downfield and scanning for an open target. Weaknesses

Accuracy and ball placement are problematic. Needed short passing attack to bolster completion percentage in 2013 and saw that number fall to 49.5 percent as a senior. Footwork gets sloppy and a lack of willingness to step into throws when pocket inverts causes balls to sail. Showed signs of dropping eyes when facing interior penetration, including A*-gap blitzes. Must improve willingness to get through progressions. Can be stubborn with unwillingness to come off initial target, often throwing into traffic.

Bennett would be another project for Stubby, but heck, Stubby has more time on his hands now. Maybe the Pack could hire Holmgren as a consultant. :pack:

So he's #3 instead of #4, watch this video and tell me Bennett doesn't remind you of Bart (see especially starting at the 13 second mark...uncanny foreshadowing????????????)...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDw0oTkwJe8

vince
04-18-2015, 05:38 PM
First of all, Vince, thanks for your comments.

Re: Jones, Rowe, Johnson...I like them too but they weren't available when I mock drafted "On the Clock." Who knows how the actual draft will pan out. I picked Williams because I'm most familiar with him. The other guys I picked from film and availability. Picking RB Johnson limits later picks. You may be right in trading up.

Re: Drafting Four CB's...I consider Marshall a QB first, then probably a safety. Have you seen his QB video? Surely he can make the team as the third QB, maybe even the second. Drafting a third CB may be overkill, especially if a trade up can be done.

Re: Waller...He's so much like Finley it's scary...even drops the easy ones like Finley.:-) (I don't think he's a head case though. He's used to blocking 90% of the time with Georgia Tech.)

Re: Anthony being off the board at 30...That would be real bad news. That's where I'd trade up to prevent that happening. If TT can't get Anthony drafted, I guess I'd go with Dawson and pray he's not a head case. He looks good on film despite his Combine blowup. He's got good quickness and instincts. I really don't like Perryman, even though I've seen him play many times (my wife's a huge Miami fan). He's a thumper but is too short and too subject to mismatches by backs and TE's. Kendricks would be fine, but he'll go before Anthony more than likely. McKinney just strikes me as having heavy legs. He's way overrated IMO.

By the way, all the mocks I've done have turned out best by selecting Anthony 1st. He's always number 45 or so on the big boards and never survives to our second round. Dallas, Indianapolis, San Francisco and Pittsburgh are all buyers in a tight market.

One more thing, take a look at this video of Jeff Luc. The guy is the king of all thumpers but has the rep of being "muscle-bound," ie, slow and unathletic. You watch this video though and you see the guy plays fast and quick for his size. Plus, he forces fumbles like a machine. I might just bring him into camp for look...TT might even draft him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhfFNRQN92c and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eepWXJywEOs

Re: Draft Week...Bring it on! I love every minute of it.
i couldnt get a read on Marshall. One throw's a duck with little rotation on the ball. That won't work in Green Bay. The next looks strong and accurate. Perhaps its the inconsistency that is causing scouts to project him to db. He could be an injury waiting to happen on the run as high as he runs.

I watched Luc awhile back and had written him off somewhat at that time because I remember him looking big and slow. Now I watch again and I think he moves ok. Most ILB's struggle to run with speed down the seam and he's no exception but I'd love to see his physicality out there. He seems to have a natural football clock and can see plays are developing really quickly. He gets to the ball with good timing - and does a nice job of batting it out too which is huge. He's got some badass in him.

wist43
04-18-2015, 08:04 PM
1st Round - Benardrick Mckinney, ILB, MSU

Analysis: Depends on how the draft falls. Seems to be a lot of volatility as far as where a lot of guys are valued. Heard more than 1 commentator say they think there are only about 20 true 1st round players in the draft, and then about 35-40 2nd round players.

If that is the case, I'd like to see us trade back - but as far as filling our biggest need, with a player I really like, I'd be okay with McKinney in the 1st round if we stay put.

2nd Round - Lorenzo Mauldin, LB, Louisville

Would like to trade back with either the 1st or 2nd round pick and come away with 2 3rd round picks. Like Mauldin moving forward, would need work in coverage. Don't know how flexible he'd be.

3rd Round - Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State

If he's there, he'd be a very good developmental prospect.

4th Round - Josh Shaw, CB, USC

Might drop b/c of the off field nonsense - who knows what to make of that. Might be a character risk. Has talent.

5th round - Christian Covington, DT, Rice

Stout, effective all-around defensive linemen. Injuries are a concern. He's short at 6'2", but has long arms and uses his hands well.

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2015, 11:39 PM
If this is true, Stubby HAS to be looking at Nick Marshall, who isn't even mentioned in the Scouting Report.:???:

Plus, Bryan Bennett is a Favre clone...period. Are we ready for another Favre? I say bring him on.

He looks really raw. His footwork is terrible. He seems similar to Ingle Martin and Rhett Bomar. All got beat out at major colleges (Florida, Oklahoma, Oregon) and transferred to FCS (Furman, Sam Houston State, SE Louisiana). Like those guys, he seems to have size, arm strength, and mobility but lacks the accuracy (because of poor mechanics) and pocket poise to make it in the NFL.

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2015, 11:45 PM

Analysis: Depends on how the draft falls. Seems to be a lot of volatility as far as where a lot of guys are valued. Heard more than 1 commentator say they think there are only about 20 true 1st round players in the draft, and then about 35-40 2nd round players.

If that is the case, I'd like to see us trade back - but as far as filling our biggest need, with a player I really like, I'd be okay with McKinney in the 1st round if we stay put.

Would like to trade back with either the 1st or 2nd round pick and come away with 2 3rd round picks. Like Mauldin moving forward, would need work in coverage. Don't know how flexible he'd be.

Might drop b/c of the off field nonsense - who knows what to make of that. Might be a character risk. Has talent.

Stout, effective all-around defensive linemen. Injuries are a concern. He's short at 6'2", but has long arms and uses his hands well.

I haven't paid as much attention as I normally do to the draft, but I know I'd hate this draft. I'm not a fan of McKinney and I don't want a QB in the third round.

wist43
04-19-2015, 05:12 PM
I haven't paid as much attention as I normally do to the draft, but I know I'd hate this draft. I'm not a fan of McKinney and I don't want a QB in the third round.

What don't you like about McKinney??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7cBjarSjfw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruyfwWsjxGc

Could see Mauldin being an Elephant OLB... would be another versatile piece to the defensive front.

There are some other LB's I like... I'd be okay with Anthony in the 1st round... As for CB, Shaw has more talent than a 4th round pick, but he might drop b/c of the off field stuff.

Grayson has a chance to be a very good QB... I wouldn't normally advocate taking a QB that early with a franchise QB under center, but Rodgers won't play forever, and Grayson could develop into either a tradable piece, or a season saver should Rodgers go down.

I really like Covington... he has a lot of ability, an Aaron Donald type, he's just been plagued by injuries - certainly worth a flyer in the 5th.

Our main weaknesses are ILB and CB... the draft I threw out there addresses those weaknesses I think.

wist43
04-19-2015, 10:24 PM

Gotta tell ya, the more I look at the mock draft I put together there, the more I think it is unlikely that those players will be available where I proposed... that said, I like all those guys, and would more than thrilled to come away with that draft.

Foxsports has those prospects ranked at

McKinney - 42
Mauldin - 117
Grayson - 112
Shaw - 100
Covington - 90

Of course opinions are all over the place... other sites have those guys swapped around quite a bit, but we pick at 30, 62, 94, 129, and 166 in those rounds... my mock look pretty damn good :)

I think Mauldin and Covington are both underrated... Covington is an injury concern, so he depends on the medical evaluation.

Carolina_Packer
04-19-2015, 10:29 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2434891-green-bay-packers-a-scouts-take-comparing-eric-kendricks-and-stephone-anthony

Let's draft two just to be sure! Stephone Anthony and Paul Dawson!!

smuggler
04-19-2015, 11:01 PM
I think we could trade back a handful of apots to a team interested in a 5th year option on their guy and take Anthony at the top of the 2nd round...

pbmax
04-20-2015, 09:37 AM
Packer Report's free WR preview, he says it covers first three rounds of prospects.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 52m52 minutes ago
Scouting the Draft: Wide Receivers .. FREE look at first three rounds with scouting opinions #Packers http://gnb.scout.com/story/1539025-scouting-the-draft-wide-receivers?s=61#.VTUCmNNQTE8.twitter …

Here are the other freebies, all Rounds 1-3:

RBs: http://gnb.scout.com/story/1538768-scouting-the-draft-running-backs?s=61

QBs: http://gnb.scout.com/story/1538550-scouting-the-draft-quarterbacks?s=61

OK, he is saying the WRs are Part 4, but I am only seeing 3. Also, RB seems to be behind the paywall.

red
04-20-2015, 10:20 AM
anyone watch or no anything on Taiwan Jones?

he sounds like an intriguing guy and a nice possible mid round pick to go along with whatever ILB we draft earlier

Jones is a true downhill linebacker with more than enough length, strength and girth to come in and start immediately for a NFL team running a 3-4 defense. With better field awareness, he could develop into a solid starter in a scheme that requires him to primarily focus on the run game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1868398/taiwan-jones

wist43
04-20-2015, 11:17 AM
Anybody else look at Mauldin??

I think the guy has big upside - would be a good in rotation with Peppers, and when Peppers is gone, take over that spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1gZpSh5uVg

Guy has a high motor... pretty wicked back flip there, lol...

red
04-20-2015, 12:25 PM
ok, as we get closer to the draft more gamefilm is hitting the net

i'll start off with a guy everyone seems to like stephone anthony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfcJrtUPOjA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALOd7sSQebs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMAuVFY19vE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea_nFwgfIZo

wist43
04-20-2015, 01:24 PM
I like Anthony just fine... just don't think he's nearly as dynamic an athlete as McKinney.

Besides, I read somewhere that Dunderdummy likes Anthony a lot - that is a serious knock against him. If Spraypaintedhair likes him, there has to something seriously wrong with the guy ;)

Joemailman
04-20-2015, 01:38 PM
I like Anthony just fine... just don't think he's nearly as dynamic an athlete as McKinney.

Besides, I read somewhere that Dunderdummy likes Anthony a lot - that is a serious knock against him. If Spraypaintedhair likes him, there has to something seriously wrong with the guy ;)

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/

Staying with the Pack, I’m told they are very high on Stephone Anthony, who would fill a need at inside linebacker. Anthony had 16 official visits at the combine and the first team he met with was Green Bay. I was informed Anthony is a favorite of defensive coordinator Dom Capers.:wave:

mraynrand
04-20-2015, 01:42 PM
I assume then that Anthony's number one attribute is getting everyone lined up properly?

pittstang5
04-20-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm trying to figure out a way we can get Eli Harold, Stephone Anthony and Eric Rowe. I don't see it, but getting two of those three would be sweet.

red
04-20-2015, 02:45 PM
i wouldn't mind trading out of the first (if possible seeings how everyone wants out because the backend of the first sucks), taking anthony with the 1st second round pick a nice cb with the other second rounder

then draft maybe paul dawson with the 3rd

then draft 1 olineman and 1 d lineman with the 4th and 5th rounders, then TT can do whatever the hell he wants with all the other picks

that gives us a cover ILB, and a beast thumper with a mean streak

red
04-20-2015, 03:03 PM

its funny, because when i look at those game films of mckinney, the last word that would come to my mind is "dynamic"

you would expect a guy that big and strong and fast to be dominating the game, and he just isn't. he's just kinda there. and his play speed actually looks slower then other ILB's like dawson, anthony and perryman

theres a reason why mckinney is being compared to aaron curry, someone is gonna overdraft this guy based on his look and combine, and they are gonna get a very "blah" player

here's some games of him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ5is64Lv4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF82LQCNBGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhP6uFal_jI

smuggler
04-20-2015, 03:16 PM
McKinney had a pretty pedestrian combine. Curry was a combine wonder. McKinney looks athletically limited to me, but I like his instincts. In short, the exact opposite situation as Curry, from my perspective. And, no, I don't want McKinney at 30.

Carolina_Packer
04-20-2015, 04:07 PM
McKinney had a pretty pedestrian combine. Curry was a combine wonder. McKinney looks athletically limited to me, but I like his instincts. In short, the exact opposite situation as Curry, from my perspective. And, no, I don't want McKinney at 30.

I was just curious who you were referencing above.

QBME
04-20-2015, 04:22 PM

Aaron Curry. Big time bust.

red
04-20-2015, 04:24 PM

aaron curry

#4 overall pick in the 2009 draft. he only lasted 4 years in the league

some "experts" are comparing McKinney to Curry

red
04-20-2015, 04:32 PM

i don't know about that. curry was the butkus award winner his last year and was a first team all american

his combine numbers were

40- 4.56
25 reps
37 inch vert
124 inch broad
7.15 3 cone
4.51 - 20 yard shuttle

mckinney had

4.66 - 40
16 reps (really just 16?)
40.5 inch vert
121 inch broad
7.21 - 3 cone
4.27 - 20 yard shuttle

hard to call either one a workout wonder i guess

pbmax
04-20-2015, 05:33 PM
Using the six most important measurables for ILBs, Anthony ranked well ahead of McKinney. Its the same kinda spread for the 3 most important Combine tests (20 yd shuttle, 40 and 3 cone), Anthony 14 to McKinney's 31.

Same source, rankings in position group for six most important attributes. (Note No. 1: No points were awarded for the 10-yard times because they so closely corresponded to the 40-yard times. Note No. 2: Again, the long shuttle was not included because times are not available for every prospect.)

PLAYER 40 (10) 3-CONE 20 S ARM BROAD BENCH VERT TOTAL
Steph. Anthony 2 (1) 5 2 5 3 5 4 26
Jordan Hicks 9 (3) 3 4 6 1 8 2 33
Eric Kendricks 5 (2) 9 3 11 1 11 2 42
Kwon Alexander 1 (3) 9 6 15 4 4 6 45
Ben Heeney 3 (7) 1 1 13 6 11 10 45
Edmond Robinson 5 (7) 15 11 1 4 8 4 48
B. McKinney 8 (10) 12 8 3 6 15 1 53
Bryce Hager 4 (5) 11 10 9 9 3 7 54
Jake Ryan 7 (9) 8 6 11 6 8 9 55
Mike Hull 9 (5) 4 4 14 13 1 14 59
Denzel Perryman 12 (13) 5 12 7 11 2 11 60
Ramik Wilson 11 (12) 14 15 3 11 5 7 66
Taiwan Jones 15 (15) 13 9 1 10 11 11 70
Paul Dawson 14 (14) 2 14 8 15 7 15 75
Hayes Pullard 12 (11) 5 12 10 13 11 13 76

wist43
04-20-2015, 05:35 PM
its funny, because when i look at those game films of mckinney, the last word that would come to my mind is "dynamic"

you would expect a guy that big and strong and fast to be dominating the game, and he just isn't. he's just kinda there. and his play speed actually looks slower then other ILB's like dawson, anthony and perryman

theres a reason why mckinney is being compared to aaron curry, someone is gonna overdraft this guy based on his look and combine, and they are gonna get a very "blah" player

here's some games of him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ5is64Lv4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF82LQCNBGU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhP6uFal_jI

I don't know what you're looking at Red... put on entire game tapes, and you might go the entire game without a given positional player making many plays. The A&M game, MSU had such a lead that A&M did nothing but pass from the 2nd Q on. He got juked by the QB in the open field on one play, and missed a tackle that I noticed, but other than that the ball didn't come near him enough to say he didn't do enough.

He dropped in coverage pretty well, generally took good angles, made the plays that were there for him to make... one of the knocks on him has been that with all of his athletic talent, he should make more plays.

As for the strength issue - give him a year in an NFL weight room and training program, and that guy has the potential to be a beast.

As I said, I like Anthony too, but I think McKinney has much more upside. I'd be okay with McKinney in the 1st round, but would want to trade back if it were Anthony.

red
04-20-2015, 05:47 PM
i wouldn't want either one in the 1st but i also don't think either one will last until our second round pick. so we either need to reach or trade down, and like i mentioned earlier, if it is true that some teams and scouts only think there are 20 or so first round talents, then trading back might be a hard thing to do

smuggler
04-20-2015, 06:59 PM
Huh... McKinney tested better than I thought he would/could... I half retract my statements.

Bretsky
04-20-2015, 07:25 PM
I really like McKinney as well............so with Wist and I agreeing...he might be shot

We need to bring a lil nasty back to this defense IMO

wist43
04-20-2015, 07:50 PM
I think the main difference between McKinney and Anthony is athleticism in terms of being able to turn and run, i.e. Anthony is stiff in the hips, and doesn't change direction as smoothly as McKinney.

Maybe that doesn't show up in the cone drill, and the shuttle, but it is certainly evident in how they look on the field. Anthony did manage to make some plays in coverage in college, but the NFL is a different animal - all other things being equal, each get some good coaching, and each work hard in the strength and conditioning programs they're in - I think McKinney has more upside.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said earlier, the guy I'm really intrigued by is Mauldin. I really could see him stepping in and being an effective role player this year, and replacing Peppers in '16. I've read some of the reports on him that knock his athleticism, but anyone who can back flip like that, and can bend the corner the way he can - that's plenty enough evidence of being a good athlete. I don't see him being stiff at all for a guy his size.

CBSSportsline has him as the 90th ranked player - which would put him in the 3rd round, but I could definitely see him going in the 2nd; and given that we pick at the end of the round - I"d take him in the 2nd round. Don't think he'll be there for sure by our pick in the 3rd - might not be there at our pick in the 2nd??

Carolina_Packer
04-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Per a Seattle Post Intelligencer article from May 2013 with a snippet quoting Aaron Curry, who at the time of the article was trying to catch on with the Giants:

Now Curry is hoping to find a home with the New York Giants, who signed him to a one-year deal earlier this month. And that’s why he recently spoke with The New York Times about his hopes to revive his bust of an NFL career.

“I knew I could do it,” Curry told the NYT’s Tom Pedulla of his first chance with the Seahawks. “I knew I would do it. At the time, I wasn’t motivated to do it. Football wasn’t my top priority, to be honest.”

“I think earlier in my career I was real selfish and self-centered,” he added. “I was more about me than the Seahawks.”

Thank goodness for the rookie wage scale. This joker got $34 mil. guaranteed. Hopefully none of the Packers targets are like this.

wist43
04-20-2015, 11:31 PM
Per a Seattle Post Intelligencer article from May 2013 with a snippet quoting Aaron Curry, who at the time of the article was trying to catch on with the Giants:

Now Curry is hoping to find a home with the New York Giants, who signed him to a one-year deal earlier this month. And that’s why he recently spoke with The New York Times about his hopes to revive his bust of an NFL career.

“I knew I could do it,” Curry told the NYT’s Tom Pedulla of his first chance with the Seahawks. “I knew I would do it. At the time, I wasn’t motivated to do it. Football wasn’t my top priority, to be honest.”

“I think earlier in my career I was real selfish and self-centered,” he added. “I was more about me than the Seahawks.”

Thank goodness for the rookie wage scale. This joker got $34 mil. guaranteed. Hopefully none of the Packers targets are like this.

This is why the "character" issue is so important... and something we as fans really can't have a handle on. We can't sit across from them and determine if they are actually just a con man looking to get paid, and then mail it in.

smuggler
04-21-2015, 01:23 AM
There were reports that Curry had shit for instincts and that he was not able to properly digest a playbook. He was gifted physically, but his problems were from the neck up. (traditional) Linebackers, safeties, and quarterbacks are very neck-up positions, relative to the rest of players. Obviously, you need the tools, but you also need to be able to use them.

vince
04-21-2015, 07:30 AM
I'm strongly with Red and Harvey on McKinney. Watching the game cutups that Red posted, McKinney has heavy feet. He's reliable in the middle of the field where he can bounce off a block using his arm length (though his strength to disengage is a concern at the next level) and doesn't have to change direction to make a tackle but is pretty easily juked in space because he struggles to break down with balance and control since he runs with bigger, more lunging strides.

His combine numbers back up what's on tape. That's a backer who may be OK as a blitzer when there's a statue standing back in the pocket and who will play well between the tackles holding runners to short gains. But that's not an impact linebacker on the field IMO. Not the kind of sideline to sideline playmaker this defense needs. Anyone with moves is going to separate from him quickly.

wist43
04-21-2015, 11:09 AM
I'm strongly with Red and Harvey on McKinney. Watching the game cutups that Red posted, McKinney has heavy feet. He's reliable in the middle of the field where he can bounce off a block using his arm length (though his strength to disengage is a concern at the next level) and doesn't have to change direction to make a tackle but is pretty easily juked in space because he struggles to break down with balance and control since he runs with bigger, more lunging strides.

His combine numbers back up what's on tape. That's a backer who may be OK as a blitzer when there's a statue standing back in the pocket and who will play well between the tackles holding runners to short gains. But that's not an impact linebacker on the field IMO. Not the kind of sideline to sideline playmaker this defense needs. Anyone with moves is going to separate from him quickly.

Heavy feet??

Good grief what are you guys looking at??

If anything, he is the closest thing to a potential Urlacher type player in the draft... I certainly wouldn't put him in Urlacher's class, but he's got outstanding sideline to sideline ability. As of now he might not be the best ILB in the draft, but he has the most upside b/c of his size/speed/athletic ability.

Some people think McKinney is a bit of tease b/c everyone thinks he should be making more plays b/c of all that ability - and I'd agree with that; but, I think you muscle him up, and coach him up, he has the ability to be the best ILB in this class.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for some of the other guys in this class... I like a lot of them. I like Anthony and Perryman next behind McKinney. Then Hendricks... don't like Dawson at all.

Dawson was productive in college, but good God did he perform poorly in workouts. Think Hendricks is maxed out ala AJ Hawk when he came out... think Hendricks is better than Hawk though.

Further down, I liked Hager... just wish he was bigger. Has great instincts and ran well though.

red
04-21-2015, 12:42 PM
I think the main difference between McKinney and Anthony is athleticism in terms of being able to turn and run, i.e. Anthony is stiff in the hips, and doesn't change direction as smoothly as McKinney.

Maybe that doesn't show up in the cone drill, and the shuttle, but it is certainly evident in how they look on the field. Anthony did manage to make some plays in coverage in college, but the NFL is a different animal - all other things being equal, each get some good coaching, and each work hard in the strength and conditioning programs they're in - I think McKinney has more upside.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said earlier, the guy I'm really intrigued by is Mauldin. I really could see him stepping in and being an effective role player this year, and replacing Peppers in '16. I've read some of the reports on him that knock his athleticism, but anyone who can back flip like that, and can bend the corner the way he can - that's plenty enough evidence of being a good athlete. I don't see him being stiff at all for a guy his size.

CBSSportsline has him as the 90th ranked player - which would put him in the 3rd round, but I could definitely see him going in the 2nd; and given that we pick at the end of the round - I"d take him in the 2nd round. Don't think he'll be there for sure by our pick in the 3rd - might not be there at our pick in the 2nd??

see, i see the exact opposite. mckinney looks like a robot to me. and it seems like me and vince aren't alone on this one

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/benardrick-mckinney?id=2552490

WEAKNESSES Plays high and is lacking suddenness. High center of gravity causes clunky change of direction in space. Foot quickness in tight quarters is below average and limiting. Instincts against run are there, but tends to fight his feet and marginal agility. Has trouble clearing the trash near his feet and labors against cut blocks, losing lateral momentum. Potential liability against the pass. Looks stiff when asked to cover in space and gives away too much separation to routes in his area in zone coverage.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1852910/benardrick-mckinney

WEAKNESSES: Limited hand technique. Attempts to slip past blockers, rather than showing the aggression and strength to truly stack and shed. Not a sudden mover. Lacks ideal range. While intelligent, he can be late to recognize plays and ends up a step late to the action. Slow to recover from missteps. Loses sight of the quarterback to turn and run with receivers.

Compares To: Aaron Curry, retired: Like the No. 4 overall pick in 2009, McKinney possesses remarkable size, explosiveness and general athleticism. There are concerns about McKinney's awareness, especially in coverage. He's athletic enough to project to any linebacker role but may never become a star.

mraynrand
04-21-2015, 12:58 PM
Mckinney is a lumbering stiff. It looks like he is going through an extensive decision tree every time he changes speed. Observer, reactor, not playmaker.

wist43
04-21-2015, 02:01 PM
I agree that McKinney is slow to react at times... I've read some reports that say he has good instincts, but from what I've seen I don't agree with that.

The thing with McKinney is that any team that drafts him has to think they can coach him beyond the hesitation he shows on film sometimes. McKinney, even though fairly productive, will be drafted more on what he can be than what he was in college.

pbmax
04-21-2015, 02:28 PM
Query: wist and the second of red's draft summaries identify the kid in question as an athletic marvel. But he doesn't look like a tremendous athlete at times on tape.

Is the problem that areas he measures best in for his position? Arm length, vertical and broad jump all seem to be better suited at OLB or edge rusher.

Or am I discounting his ability by comparing numbers only (versus film) to the top performers in his class?

red
04-21-2015, 03:08 PM
Query: wist and the second of red's draft summaries identify the kid in question as an athletic marvel. But he doesn't look like a tremendous athlete at times on tape.

Is the problem that areas he measures best in for his position? Arm length, vertical and broad jump all seem to be better suited at OLB or edge rusher.

Or am I discounting his ability by comparing numbers only (versus film) to the top performers in his class?

some of the stuff i have read say that he might be best suited as a SAM or an edge rusher

red
04-21-2015, 03:11 PM
I agree that McKinney is slow to react at times... I've read some reports that say he has good instincts, but from what I've seen I don't agree with that.

The thing with McKinney is that any team that drafts him has to think they can coach him beyond the hesitation he shows on film sometimes. McKinney, even though fairly productive, will be drafted more on what he can be than what he was in college.

now, think about that for a second. do you actually think we have the defensive coaching staff that can coach up an ILB?

and i agree with your assessment there, i agree he's raw but could turn into something decent with the right coaching, but i don't think dom and the boys are capable of doing that

woodbuck27
04-22-2015, 05:58 AM
So, what will TT do?

I say he'll draft (everything else being equal) a WR. We need a dynamic 3rd WR (or a 2nd if something goes awry in Cobb re-signing. Boykin to me is a washout and Adams doesn't impress me as a game changer. Abbrederis is coming off IR, but he's not a game changer and lacks size. Then there are the same ole same ole guys on the practice squad, hardly game changers.

On the other hand, there are a bunch of game changing WR's available, one of which will probably fall to GB's draft position.

My favorite: Sammie Coates (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1824794/sammie-coates).

Add Coates to the threesome of Nelson, Cobb and Adams, with Abbrederis in the wings, and you've got the best and deepest receiving corps in the NFL once again.

The Draft is finally just over 1 week away :-).....Thurs. April 30, 2015 and ends on
Saturday, May 2, 2015.

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/green-bay-packers-nfl-mock-draft-roundup-april-21-edition-042115

Green Bay Packers mock draft roundup (April 21 edition)

Round One (1) Thursday evening.... April 30 , 2015:

LB Eric Kendricks, DT Malcom Brown and CB Jalen Collins are possible targets for Green Bay.

Dave Heller - FOX Sports Wisconsin .... APR 21, 2015 4:00p ET

RE: WR Sammi Coate and Maxi the Taxi's post.

" Blessed with mercurial speed for a receiver of his height and build, he might be the elite deep threat in college football. "

The Packers are 'an offense first' team and I agree that TT will go possible game changer in Rd's . 1 - 3. WR prospect Sammie Coates looks like a second Rd. pick.

" Blessed with mercurial speed for a receiver of his height and build, he might be the elite deep threat in college football. " Rob Rang (12/4/14) and Fr. LINK in original post..... by Maxie the Taxi.

So who will....TT pick?

My prediction as it turned out in FA this year and the loss of CB's Tramon Williams and Davon House ....TT will certainly pick a CB (or two) in Rd's 1-4.

Fritz
04-22-2015, 08:52 AM
some of the stuff i have read say that he might be best suited as a MICHAEL SAM or an edge rusher

Fixed.

pittstang5
04-22-2015, 02:16 PM
It's Anthony or bust for me. Gotta find a way to get him.

pbmax
04-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Albert Breer reports Todd Gurley medical recheck (5 different teams asked) have gone well. Likely will be available to start Week 1.

Practice before and start the game or just start practicing he doesn't specify.

And this leads us right back to the debate about the NFL rendering its own judgements outside the legal system:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 36s36 seconds ago
Greg Hardy suspended 10 games. NFL investigation concludes he used physical force against Nicole Holder in at least four instances ...

Carolina_Packer
04-22-2015, 04:20 PM
PB, I wonder if that means that the Cowboys will just cut him? 10 out of 16 games...man! Sure, his deal is very incentive-laden, but is it even worth it for the 6 games that you'll have him, and all the pub?

Carolina_Packer
04-22-2015, 04:22 PM
It's Anthony or bust for me. Gotta find a way to get him.

How do you guys compare Anthony's skills to Kendricks'? Would anyone here be bummed if the Packers selected Kendricks over Anthony?

pbmax
04-22-2015, 04:23 PM
PB, I wonder if that means that the Cowboys will just cut him? 10 out of 16 games...man! Sure, his deal is very incentive-laden, but is it even worth it for the 6 games that you'll have him, and all the pub?

I think the games available bonuses mean the Cowboys expected something like this. But even if its on the high side for them, they aren't going to reconsider until he appeals.

BZnDallas
04-22-2015, 08:41 PM

I would think its worth it. Hardy would be fresh and probably hitting his stide come playoff time. Assuming...... This really helps the cowboys from what I can tell. Now all the money they save not paying him those first 10 games can go elsewhere. 6+ million iI believe.

wist43
04-22-2015, 09:24 PM
The Draft is finally just over 1 week away :-).....Thurs. April 30, 2015 and ends on
Saturday, May 2, 2015.

http://www.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/green-bay-packers-nfl-mock-draft-roundup-april-21-edition-042115

Green Bay Packers mock draft roundup (April 21 edition)

Round One (1) Thursday evening.... April 30 , 2015:

LB Eric Kendricks, DT Malcom Brown and CB Jalen Collins are possible targets for Green Bay.

Dave Heller - FOX Sports Wisconsin .... APR 21, 2015 4:00p ET

RE: WR Sammi Coate and Maxi the Taxi's post.

" Blessed with mercurial speed for a receiver of his height and build, he might be the elite deep threat in college football. "

The Packers are 'an offense first' team and I agree that TT will go possible game changer in Rd's . 1 - 3. WR prospect Sammie Coates looks like a second Rd. pick.

" Blessed with mercurial speed for a receiver of his height and build, he might be the elite deep threat in college football. " Rob Rang (12/4/14) and Fr. LINK in original post..... by Maxie the Taxi.

So who will....TT pick?

My prediction as it turned out in FA this year and the loss of CB's Tramon Williams and Davon House ....TT will certainly pick a CB (or two) in Rd's 1-4.

The WR I like more than Coates is Nelson Agholor, WR, USC.

I like those other guys too... with Brown first. Be okay with Brown in the 1st I think, I have to look at him some more.

There's a lot of similar talent from about 20-60... would like to see a trade down, unless someone drops. I think there's a log of good 2nd and 3rd round depth.

Carolina_Packer
04-22-2015, 10:01 PM
Good choice, Wist. Everyone talks about the really flashy, sexy WR's. I think Nelson Agholor is a swiss army knife. His return skills would really help too. I heard him interviewed on Sirius XM and he sounds very articulate, and like a gym rat, football guy, very much into process, route running, and improvement. I hope he slips and that TT is forced to consider drafting him purely out of value. I think he could be one of those guys who blooms in the NFL, especially if he plays with a great QB.

pittstang5
04-23-2015, 06:48 AM
Anyone do any research on Davis Tull, DE/OLB from U.Tenn-Chattanooga. Looks like he played DE but might be trying to make the switch to OLB in a 3-4. His measurables are really good.

I watched some tape and he's relentless. He doesn't always get to the QB, but disrupts the pocket when he doesn't.

Draft sites have him all over the board from a 3-4 Rounder all the way to a FA. Thoughts on this guy?

vince
04-23-2015, 09:19 AM
How do you guys compare Anthony's skills to Kendricks'? Would anyone here be bummed if the Packers selected Kendricks over Anthony?
I'd be happy with either one. I think Kendricks is probably more polished but since Anthony's both bigger and faster, he has a higher ceiling and is more aggressive and willing to take more chances to make plays. Kendricks is the safer pick who does it all but doesn't bring the wood. He reminds me of Nick Barnett (no it's not the nappy fro). Just OK inside but rangy and solid in space. Definitely fills a big hole on this team.

denverYooper
04-23-2015, 09:22 AM
I would think its worth it. Hardy would be fresh and probably hitting his girlfriend come playoff time.

FIFY

Guiness
04-23-2015, 09:58 AM
Good choice, Wist. Everyone talks about the really flashy, sexy WR's. I think Nelson Agholor is a swiss army knife. His return skills would really help too. I heard him interviewed on Sirius XM and he sounds very articulate, and like a gym rat, football guy, very much into process, route running, and improvement. I hope he slips and that TT is forced to consider drafting him purely out of value. I think he could be one of those guys who blooms in the NFL, especially if he plays with a great QB.

A Swiss Army knife? Packers tried a toolbelt with Tori Gurley, but he didn't stick in GB (or anywhere else). The thing about that type of a player is they still have to have at least one tool that is exceptional, and Tori didn't. Does Agholor?

wist43
04-23-2015, 10:47 AM
Anyone do any research on Davis Tull, DE/OLB from U.Tenn-Chattanooga. Looks like he played DE but might be trying to make the switch to OLB in a 3-4. His measurables are really good.

I watched some tape and he's relentless. He doesn't always get to the QB, but disrupts the pocket when he doesn't.

Draft sites have him all over the board from a 3-4 Rounder all the way to a FA. Thoughts on this guy?

I posted about him in the other thread... I have him as ILB though - don't think he can make on the outside. Short arms gets him hung up quite a bit - but I like his motor, he runs well, seems instinctive, and he's tough... he belongs inside in the NFL IMO.

wist43
04-23-2015, 10:52 AM
A Swiss Army knife? Packers tried a toolbelt with Tori Gurley, but he didn't stick in GB (or anywhere else). The thing about that type of a player is they still have to have at least one tool that is exceptional, and Tori didn't. Does Agholor?

Runs good routes, gets into and out of his breaks quickly, has good hands, good production... the kid is a player.

Sr. year - 104 catches, 1313 yds, 12 TD's

Fritz
04-23-2015, 10:53 AM
Old saw, but I want to reiterate two points: one, that outside of the QB position, I am all for the BPA choice in the first round, which is the round most people want TT to use to draft for need.

But if you can get a workmanlike, Hawk-like, serviceable ILB with your first round pick, or you could get a guy whom you're pretty sure can become an All Pro, you've got to take that guy. I make exception for the QB position just because if you draft a QB in the first round I don't think you'll very likely get your use of him. You'll develop him for a year or two, and his contract will almost be up, and if you're lucky Arod will still be playing. So then you're stuck getting little value out of your first round pick, whereas if you pick a QB in the fourth and develop him, you might even trade him later for a first. And end up drafting Jamaal Reynolds with that pick.

The second point is that I realize that none of us really know WTF is a good pick or not a good pick until years later. Not even Ted knows when he picks a guy. We have opinions, yes, and we sometimes try to back them with stats or film clips, but on the whole, we can bitch and moan or get all excited, but we just don't know.

Here's a list of Packer picks I was very excited about. And it's not a complete list, just a few names I loved when they were called during the Packers' time on the clock:

Jerel Worthy
Robert "Turd" Ferguson
Darrell Thompson
Will Blackmon
Khyri Thornton
Derrick Sherrod
Alex Green
Patrick Lee
Abdul Hodge
Kenny Peterson
Fred Vinson
Derrick Mayes
Gabe Wilins

The Washout Hall of Fame, for the most part. Doh!

Zool
04-23-2015, 11:31 AM
So then you're stuck getting little value out of your first round pick, whereas if you pick a QB in the fourth and develop him, you might even trade him later for a first. And end up drafting Jamaal Reynolds with that pick.

Fuck dude....way to pick that old scab.

Fritz
04-23-2015, 01:07 PM
Fuck dude....way to pick that old scab.

That's nothing.

Try 4th and 26.

pbmax
04-23-2015, 01:26 PM
C'mon, this is the draft thread. A tale of overall, sustained excellence for 23 years.

If you want to self-flagellate, start a coaching decision thread with Holmgren trying to teach Dorsey Levens a lesson about holding out in camp.

Fritz
04-23-2015, 01:36 PM
C'mon, this is the draft thread. A tale of overall, sustained excellence for 23 years.

If you want to self-flagellate, start a coaching decision thread with Holmgren trying to teach Dorsey Levens a lesson about holding out in camp.

Justin Harrell.

There. Thread back on track!

smuggler
04-23-2015, 03:31 PM
I was pretty happy with the Worthy and Terrell Manning picks at the time.

wist43
04-23-2015, 03:50 PM
I haven't had as much of a problem with some of the talent, as I've had with not filling needs.

TT simply living with substandard play at safety for how long?? Cost us how much?? Last year's debacle at ILB?? What a freaking mess... when there were ILB's drafted after some of our picks who turned out to be productive players.

Then there is the complete mess that was the 2011 draft - it was obvious the defense was in danger of falling off a great deal, yet TT did nothing to help the unit - either in FA or the draft. As a result, we posted one of the worst defensive seasons in NFL history!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Since that disasterous defensive performance in '11, TT has been making more of an effort than in the past at actually filling holes - but I can't find a rational excuse for his completely ignoring ILB for so long.

And keeping dunderdummy around is inexplicable. Doesn't matter how much talent you have, if you have the captain of the Keystone Cops directing traffic.

3irty1
04-23-2015, 04:49 PM
With the level of the team right now I don't think BPA means what it once did. The Packers should of course consider upside and trust their staff to develop talent but the main thing is to get a solid starter and that means probably getting a position of at least some need. These early picks represent 4 and 5 year deals at the only sub-market rates you're going to get in the NFL. If the guys are just becoming useful as you have to pay them, that seems like a wasted opportunity.

Guys like Bulaga and Haha are about the best balance you could strike as first round picks IMO. It'd be great to nab a ILB in the first and have them work out but I see more CB's that I think are better marriages of need and value. Kevin Johnson is my guy.

mraynrand
04-23-2015, 05:03 PM

I was at that Dolphins game. The sideline was in turmoil after the injury.

Bretsky
04-23-2015, 05:15 PM
Old saw, but I want to reiterate two points: one, that outside of the QB position, I am all for the BPA choice in the first round, which is the round most people want TT to use to draft for need.

But if you can get a workmanlike, Hawk-like, serviceable ILB with your first round pick, or you could get a guy whom you're pretty sure can become an All Pro, you've got to take that guy. I make exception for the QB position just because if you draft a QB in the first round I don't think you'll very likely get your use of him. You'll develop him for a year or two, and his contract will almost be up, and if you're lucky Arod will still be playing. So then you're stuck getting little value out of your first round pick, whereas if you pick a QB in the fourth and develop him, you might even trade him later for a first. And end up drafting Jamaal Reynolds with that pick.

The second point is that I realize that none of us really know WTF is a good pick or not a good pick until years later. Not even Ted knows when he picks a guy. We have opinions, yes, and we sometimes try to back them with stats or film clips, but on the whole, we can bitch and moan or get all excited, but we just don't know.

Here's a list of Packer picks I was very excited about. And it's not a complete list, just a few names I loved when they were called during the Packers' time on the clock:

Jerel Worthy
Robert "Turd" Ferguson
Darrell Thompson
Will Blackmon
Khyri Thornton
Derrick Sherrod
Alex Green
Patrick Lee
Abdul Hodge
Kenny Peterson
Fred Vinson
Derrick Mayes
Gabe Wilins

The Washout Hall of Fame, for the most part. Doh!

OF THAT LIST I BOLDED THE ONES I HATED and UNDERLINED THE ONES I LOVED

Still upset we drafted the Fraud over Chris Chambers !!!!

Bretsky
04-23-2015, 05:16 PM
With the level of the team right now I don't think BPA means what it once did. The Packers should of course consider upside and trust their staff to develop talent but the main thing is to get a solid starter and that means probably getting a position of at least some need. These early picks represent 4 and 5 year deals at the only sub-market rates you're going to get in the NFL. If the guys are just becoming useful as you have to pay them, that seems like a wasted opportunity.

Guys like Bulaga and Haha are about the best balance you could strike as first round picks IMO. It'd be great to nab a ILB in the first and have them work out but I see more CB's that I think are better marriages of need and value. Kevin Johnson is my guy.

I Love Kevin Johnson as well...........and Melvin Gordon of course. I'd love it if Gordon ends up in Indy so he many years of winning ahead

OF COURSE.......based on History Melvin will fall right into our lap...and we will pass

red
04-23-2015, 05:33 PM
Who the hell liked kyri Thornton? Everyone in the worlds first reaction to that pick was, "who"? Then once we found out who it was we were like " oh good, his team never wine a game in college, clearly a winner"

wist43
04-23-2015, 07:31 PM

I say cover your bases with filling holes, i.e. ILB, and another highish CB... but other than that, I have no problem going BPA after that. Our overall depth is pretty good.

We're very close to winning another championship - dunderdummy, MM's timidity, and couple of lineup holes are all that is holding us back.

If TT can fill the holes, and MM might-could have learned a lesson - the only thing standing in our way is dunderdummy. Granted that is a huge obstacle, but if we only had the one obstacle, we might-could get past it.

Guiness
04-23-2015, 08:22 PM
@RobDemovsky

Former #Packers WR Donald Driver will announce the team's second-round pick in next week's draft, the NFL says.

Cool

smuggler
04-23-2015, 08:34 PM
Since the Driver is calling out the r2 pick, I am predicting a round 1 tradeback.

wist43
04-23-2015, 08:42 PM
I'd like to make sure we came away with 1 of the following LB's in the first couple of rounds...

Benardrick McKinney
Stephone Anthony
Eric Kendricks

All 3 of those guys have their warts, but I'd be okay with any of them if we traded back a few spots... if we stayed put?? Maybe McKinney is okay to take in Rd 1, not sold on Kendricks, but there's enough to like; same thing with Anthony.

The only other guy I like that high, that could move inside would be Shaq Thompson. Listed as a tweener S/OLB... but I could see him functioning well as an ILB - if the team that drafted him made a commitment to keeping him clean.

I don't like Dawson, and I do like Perryman on tape, but they took him out on 3rd down a lot, and he didn't move well at the combine - so I'd be shy of him.

If we look at a CB...

Eric Rowe
Ronald Darby

I've cooled on Williams b/c he simply doesn't have the speed to match up... if he gets beat early, he stays beat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other guys on my radar after those major hole fillers...

Would do what it took to land Lorenzo Mauldin... can see him developing into a beast, and stepping in for Peppers full time next year.

In the 2nd/3rd round range I like...

Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB
Josh Shaw, CB
Quinten Rollins, CB

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are the guys I've looked at the most... I'm sure there are plenty of offensive players I'd be okay with... I've looked at some, but for now I'm focusing on our major needs.

Further down, I have a man-crush on Christian Covington, and would love to see him in Green and Gold. Don't know where his value is now due to medical...

Will keep looking

Bretsky
04-23-2015, 10:40 PM
Who the hell liked kyri Thornton? Everyone in the worlds first reaction to that pick was, "who"? Then once we found out who it was we were like " oh good, his team never wine a game in college, clearly a winner"

HATED that pick from the start.....anti TT pick that seemed desperate
I also did not like the TE pick either.....hopefully I'm wrong there......

pbmax
04-23-2015, 10:45 PM
Sometimes we make this too complicated. Ted has now traded up enough to dispel that old saw. He has taken for need (Dix) enough that arguing he is purely BPA is foolish.

Ted Rules
1. If you have 8 players rated the same and can trade down less than 7 slots (plus whatever you can discern about other teams intentions) and get good value for the round, you do it (Lacy).

2. If you can get a higher round talent at a spot of need when you think he won't drop to your next pick, you go up if the price isn't exorbitant (Matthews). The price in picks has to be lower than the value you place on the player. I suspect T2 had a better than end of Round 1 grade on Matthews.

3. You value late picks because it gives you more swings at the fence and means you don't have to get all the UDFAs on your list.

Ted's drafts aren't anything revolutionary (except perhaps success rate). Hoarding of draft picks and eschewing FA are more clearly hallmarks of his approach.

If an ILB drops to a point of ridiculous value like Matthews or Rodgers (maybe Dix?) he will explore trading up. If one falls to him and is at least even with the best talent on the board, he will take that position. This assumes that trading down doesn't make sense.

But he won't betray the rules of value just to take a need position.

3irty1
04-24-2015, 07:01 AM
I'd like to make sure we came away with 1 of the following LB's in the first couple of rounds...

Benardrick McKinney
Stephone Anthony
Eric Kendricks

All 3 of those guys have their warts, but I'd be okay with any of them if we traded back a few spots... if we stayed put?? Maybe McKinney is okay to take in Rd 1, not sold on Kendricks, but there's enough to like; same thing with Anthony.

The only other guy I like that high, that could move inside would be Shaq Thompson. Listed as a tweener S/OLB... but I could see him functioning well as an ILB - if the team that drafted him made a commitment to keeping him clean.

I don't like Dawson, and I do like Perryman on tape, but they took him out on 3rd down a lot, and he didn't move well at the combine - so I'd be shy of him.

If we look at a CB...

Eric Rowe
Ronald Darby

I've cooled on Williams b/c he simply doesn't have the speed to match up... if he gets beat early, he stays beat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other guys on my radar after those major hole fillers...

Would do what it took to land Lorenzo Mauldin... can see him developing into a beast, and stepping in for Peppers full time next year.

In the 2nd/3rd round range I like...

Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB
Josh Shaw, CB
Quinten Rollins, CB

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are the guys I've looked at the most... I'm sure there are plenty of offensive players I'd be okay with... I've looked at some, but for now I'm focusing on our major needs.

Further down, I have a man-crush on Christian Covington, and would love to see him in Green and Gold. Don't know where his value is now due to medical...

Will keep looking

I'd be happy with any of those guys especially with a trade back. Kendricks being my favorite simply because he's the safest. I think drafting a guy who just looks the part is a mistake, recent history has rewarded the teams who take the football player over the athlete. The position requires uncoachable instincts and vision at the NFL speed where rookies who aren't that big and aren't that fast can still succeed immediately there. I'd prefer to grab a polished CB like Johnson, and then grab a couple of gamers like Perryman and Mike Hull or Kwon Alexander later in the draft.

No use making a wishlist though because Ted is going to shit on it.

HarveyWallbangers
04-24-2015, 10:20 AM
I'd be happy with any of those guys especially with a trade back. Kendricks being my favorite simply because he's the safest. I think drafting a guy who just looks the part is a mistake, recent history has rewarded the teams who take the football player over the athlete. The position requires uncoachable instincts and vision at the NFL speed where rookies who aren't that big and aren't that fast can still succeed immediately there. I'd prefer to grab a polished CB like Johnson, and then grab a couple of gamers like Perryman and Mike Hull or Kwon Alexander later in the draft.

I'm with you.

vince
04-24-2015, 10:21 AM
Sometimes we make this too complicated. Ted has now traded up enough to dispel that old saw. He has taken for need (Dix) enough that arguing he is purely BPA is foolish.

Ted Rules
1. If you have 8 players rated the same and can trade down less than 7 slots (plus whatever you can discern about other teams intentions) and get good value for the round, you do it (Lacy).

2. If you can get a higher round talent at a spot of need when you think he won't drop to your next pick, you go up if the price isn't exorbitant (Matthews). The price in picks has to be lower than the value you place on the player. I suspect T2 had a better than end of Round 1 grade on Matthews.

3. You value late picks because it gives you more swings at the fence and means you don't have to get all the UDFAs on your list.

Ted's drafts aren't anything revolutionary (except perhaps success rate). Hoarding of draft picks and eschewing FA are more clearly hallmarks of his approach.

If an ILB drops to a point of ridiculous value like Matthews or Rodgers (maybe Dix?) he will explore trading up. If one falls to him and is at least even with the best talent on the board, he will take that position. This assumes that trading down doesn't make sense.

Nice. I also think Ted has demonstrated over the years that, while need and value aren't the same thing, they are interrelated.

pbmax
04-24-2015, 10:24 AM
Nice. I also think Ted has demonstrated over the years that, while need and value aren't the same thing, they are interrelated.

Exactly. Need is not going to stop him from trying to find value. I think that is essentially what he means about letting the draft come to him.

pbmax
04-24-2015, 10:26 AM
I was at that Dolphins game. The sideline was in turmoil after the injury.

A rare time that complaining with friends about something in the game turned out true. He was beating a dead tired Dorsey.

vince
04-24-2015, 10:40 AM

Yeah, there are so many guys in the round 2-3 projection that anything can happen. Who knows how Ted has them tiered off. He may really like some guys most think are below that too. He took Collins, who had a late round projection, in the 2nd so he's not reading the stuff we are. Perryman's been slotted anywhere from late 1 to the 4th round.

Kendricks and Johnson - the safer bets - could be off the board and then anything can happen. I'm more excited about this year than previous years because I think they've made the right moves so far this offseason and there's the opportunity for this draft class to top it off.

hoosier
04-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Albert Breer reports Todd Gurley medical recheck (5 different teams asked) have gone well. Likely will be available to start Week 1.

Practice before and start the game or just start practicing he doesn't specify.

And this leads us right back to the debate about the NFL rendering its own judgements outside the legal system:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 36s36 seconds ago
Greg Hardy suspended 10 games. NFL investigation concludes he used physical force against Nicole Holder in at least four instances ...

Roughing the kicker gets you 15 yards, roughing the Holder gets you 10 games.

mraynrand
04-24-2015, 02:51 PM
Roughing the kicker gets you 15 yards, roughing the Holder gets you 10 games.

take it to FYI

jklowan
04-24-2015, 03:24 PM
Just did another quick mock...

ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY
CLEMSON
DT CARL DAVIS
IOWA
CB ERIC ROWE
UTAH
TE JEFF HEUERMAN
OHIO STATE
CB DAMIAN SWANN
GEORGIA
OT JAMON BROWN
LOUISVILLE
DE CEDRIC REED
TEXAS
CB NICK MARSHALL
AUBURN
FB JALSTON FOWLER
ALABAMA

smuggler
04-24-2015, 05:29 PM
I would be thrilled with Rowe in the 3rd.

Joemailman
04-24-2015, 06:14 PM
I would be thrilled with Rowe in the 3rd.

You should be. Many now have Rowe as a late 1st, early 2nd pick.

Draft Insider now has their top 150 list out. It's an excellent source. They have Rowe at #39.

smuggler
04-24-2015, 06:35 PM
That's a common trend among all scouting services. I've seen him mocked to us in the first also.

ptisme
04-24-2015, 07:45 PM
Exactly. Need is not going to stop him from trying to find value. I think that is essentially what he means about letting the draft come to him.

TT no longer has a team that drafts BPA.... Ted uses the best players available to move down to where he's comfortable getting value and need...

wist43
04-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Rowe will be gone by our 2nd pick probably... no way he's there in the 3rd.

We have to nab an ILB in the first 2 rounds - there are some guys I like that are rated further down, but ILB is such a huge weakness, that we can't just ignore it early in the draft.

That said, TT has a history of ignoring glaring holes and just shrugging his shoulders - so we'll see.

RashanGary
04-24-2015, 10:57 PM

Ted Rules

This is what I see too.

smuggler
04-25-2015, 12:52 AM
What do you guys think of Dawson's personality issues? We had a guy like him once before in Wayne Simmons. Dawson strikes me as a guy with extreme instincts but not the best athleticism.. Isn't that a lot like Borland in the last draft, but without the health concerns?

Bretsky
04-25-2015, 07:36 AM
What do you guys think of Dawson's personality issues? We had a guy like him once before in Wayne Simmons. Dawson strikes me as a guy with extreme instincts but not the best athleticism.. Isn't that a lot like Borland in the last draft, but without the health concerns?

Apparently I'm in the minority here....but I really like Dawson. Dude just keeps making play after play after play. I think he's better than Borland and this defense needs some intensity. I'd be fine with him in round 1 or 2. Playmaker

Bretsky
04-25-2015, 07:37 AM
This is what I see too.

JAMES CARPENTER....CLASSIC AND CORRECT CALL.................SO I ASK....................WHO IS YOUR GUY ?????

The guy who's going to get drafted much better than most think....slips into round one.....and is effective ???

mraynrand
04-25-2015, 08:52 AM
As much as I like Maxx Williams, I don't see him as Rd1 or maybe even Rd2 talent. TT can do better. Might even be worthwhile if he could get Wes Saxton from S. Alabama with a Rd6 or later pick/FA. After all, they need someone to replace Bostick!

mraynrand
04-25-2015, 09:13 AM

Gosh he looks fluid - moving to the tackle and can cover RBs out of the backfield. Patient to shed blocks. Natural, sound tackler. Good recognition. Good follow through. Can rush the passer without hopping. Me likey. He doesn't look crazy on the field like Simmons used to. Simmons was positively foaming at the mouth half the time.

mraynrand
04-25-2015, 09:25 AM

This is probably the main reason I don't spend a lot of time on the draft. Last year, I watched a ton of video of Moncrief, got my heart set on him, and then TT takes Adams. Better to wait, and then homerize the video of TT's pics, projecting them all into the HOF.

pbmax
04-25-2015, 09:42 AM
This is probably the main reason I don't spend a lot of time on the draft. Last year, I watched a ton of video of Moncrief, got my heart set on him, and then TT takes Adams. Better to wait, and then homerize the video of TT's pics, projecting them all into the HOF.

Its the only time of year I wish for a megalomaniacal owner with lots of cameras following him around.

http://thedctimes.com//wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Cowboys-Big-Board-2.jpg

Fritz
04-25-2015, 10:53 AM

This is what I do any more. Since you don't know anyway, and since I'm so often wrong, I just see who TT picks and then talk myself into thinking they'll be good. Works with some guys (Davante Adams, Clinton-Dix) but not with others (Marshall Newhouse, Davon House).

3irty1
04-25-2015, 11:52 AM
Rowe will be gone by our 2nd pick probably... no way he's there in the 3rd.

We have to nab an ILB in the first 2 rounds - there are some guys I like that are rated further down, but ILB is such a huge weakness, that we can't just ignore it early in the draft.

That said, TT has a history of ignoring glaring holes and just shrugging his shoulders - so we'll see.

Its always nice to turn a weakness into a strength but we absolutely do not need an ILB in the first 2 rounds. We were 1 voodoo curse away from the superbowl last year with backup quality ILB who can be replaced by talent from anywhere in the draft.

I'd prefer a shotgun approach because we need more than just 1 ILB anyways. Some very good linebackers have come out of the late and middle rounds lately and our bar is really really low.

smuggler
04-25-2015, 12:05 PM
Draft a Heeney. Do it.

pittstang5
04-25-2015, 09:22 PM

I tell myself that every year, but here I am, researching and watching tape on defensive players and TT probably takes offense with the first two picks.

pbmax
04-26-2015, 11:28 AM
Scout.com Final ILB rankings

PLAYER SCHOOL POS CL HT WT 40-YD PRO RND
ANTHONY, Steph (WB) Clemson ILB Sr 06:02.3 238 4.59 6.7 2
KENDRICKS, Eric (WB) UCLA ILB rSr 06:00.1 232 4.67 6.7 1-2
DAWSON, Paul (WB) TCU ILB Sr 06:01.5 230 4.76 6.3 2-3
PERRYMAN, Denzel Miami ILB Sr 05:11.1 248 4.74 6.2 3
McKINNEY, Ben (SB) MsSU ILB rJr 06:04.5 245 4.62 6.2 2-3
#HICKS, Jordan (OB) Texas ILB Sr 06:01.5 245 4.58 5.7 4
HULL, Michael (OB) PSU ILB Sr 06:00.0 232 4.63 5.7 4
HEENEY, Benjamin Kansas ILB Sr 06:00.3 228 4.80 5.7 4
WILSON, Ramik (WB) Georgia ILB Sr 06:01.7 234 4.72 5.6 4-5
JONES, Taiwan MSU ILB Sr 06:03.0 252 4.76 5.5 5
DICKSON, Xz (RE/SB) Ala ILB Sr 06:03.4 268 4.77 5.4 5
SPAIGHT, Martrell (OB) Ark ILB Sr 06:00.0 238 4.83 5.4 5
#HAGER, Bryce Baylor ILB rSr 06:00.2 229 4.49 5.3 5-6
RYAN, Jake (SB) Mich ILB Sr 06:02.4 235 4.68 5.3 5-6
VIGIL, Zachary Utah St ILB Sr 06:01.5 233 4.86 5.2 6-7
LUC, Jeff (WB) Cinn ILB Sr 05:11.7 253 4.79 5.1 6-7
PULLARD, Hayes (SB) USC ILB rSr 06:00.7 234 4.64 5.0 6-7
ROBINSON, Ed (WB) Newb ILB Sr 06:02.1 246 4.55 4.9 7
DEPRIEST, Trey (SB) Ala ILB Sr 06:00.4 258 4.82 4.9 7-FA
HERRERA, Amarlo (SB) Georgia ILB Sr 06:00.2 244 4.76 4.8 7-FA
WILSON, Damien Minn ILB Sr 06:00.1 252 4.79 4.8 7-FA
TIMU, John Wash ILB Sr 06:00.4 244 4.74 4.8 7-FA
GRANT, Curtis OSU ILB Sr 06:02.3 243 4.59 4.7 PFA
MALONE, Derrick (WB) Oregon ILB Sr 06:02.0 219 4.67 4.7 PFA
TARPLEY, Aubrey (WB) Stan ILB rSr 06:00.4 238 4.84 4.7 PFA
MAYO, David TxState ILB Sr 06:02.0 228 4.79 4.7 PFA
ROACH, Trevor Neb ILB Sr 06:02.0 235 4.87 4.7 PFA

Patler
04-26-2015, 12:40 PM
This is what I do any more. Since you don't know anyway, and since I'm so often wrong, I just see who TT picks and then talk myself into thinking they'll be good. Works with some guys (Davante Adams, Clinton-Dix) but not with others (Marshall Newhouse, Davon House).

That is what I have always done. It goes back to the '60s, when I wasn't even aware that the draft was scheduled until several days after it happened. In those days it was the end of November or early December; between the end of the college season and the Bowl Games.

pbmax
04-27-2015, 11:34 AM
Wayback Machine 1992: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1992-04-27/sports/1992118003_1_redskins-terrell-buckley-desmond-howard

A draft trade that worked out for no one, not even the team that was jumped over (Packers). It was lose-lose-lose, especially Washington.

pbmax
04-27-2015, 11:41 AM
That is what I have always done. It goes back to the '60s, when I wasn't even aware that the draft was scheduled until several days after it happened. In those days it was the end of November or early December; between the end of the college season and the Bowl Games.

We have the opposite problem today. red started this thread seven months before the draft.

pbmax
04-27-2015, 12:18 PM
JS Comments ‏@JSComments 3h3 hours ago
Packers should spend more time scouting potential free agents from the pro ranks than on the draft. Oh, that's right. Ted's too cheap

red, get off JSO already.

Bossman641
04-27-2015, 01:20 PM
JS Comments ‏@JSComments 3h3 hours ago
Packers should spend more time scouting potential free agents from the pro ranks than on the draft. Oh, that's right. Ted's too cheap

red, get off JSO already.

Lol, these comments crack me up. Do these morons think TT pockets every dollar the Packers don't spend?

Freak Out
04-27-2015, 01:31 PM
Wayback Machine 1992: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1992-04-27/sports/1992118003_1_redskins-terrell-buckley-desmond-howard

A draft trade that worked out for no one, not even the team that was jumped over (Packers). It was lose-lose-lose, especially Washington.

Wow....funny stuff. Love the Vardell pick. It's so nice where Desmond made it back to though.

mraynrand
04-27-2015, 02:25 PM
We have the opposite problem today. red started this thread seven months before the draft.

ya, but it was only in a drunken rage following a narrow escape at home v. the Jets after the opening stinker v. seahawks.

mraynrand
04-27-2015, 02:29 PM

"Cincinnati -- which wanted quarterback David Klinger"

Sure that's not 'Max Klinger?'

http://media.metropotam.ro/metropotam_filme/metropotam_filme/articole-despre-filme/2012/09/la-40-de-ani-de-mash-4077-art5256030437/mash_4077_6.jpg

smuggler
04-27-2015, 03:28 PM

Not quite... Even though they did take Klingler, the Bengals also got Daryl Williams, a pretty good safety. Packers and Redskins got fully hosed, though.

mraynrand
04-27-2015, 04:47 PM
TBuck has a ring

smuggler
04-27-2015, 05:56 PM
He was decent. But not until after he left GB.

Joemailman
04-28-2015, 12:02 AM
Shane Ray - DE - Missouri cited for marijuana possession. CBS has him the 13th overall prospect. :doh::bang: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000488426/article/ray-cited-for-misdemeanor-marijuana-possession

smuggler
04-28-2015, 01:37 AM
http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premium/draft.php?d=jcsqdc

Did one last on-the-clock draft. Traded back three times in the first two rounds. Ended up picking 13 guys.

R2 - CB BYRON JONES, CONNECTICUT <-mid 2nd
R3 - CB ERIC ROWE, UTAH <- very early 3rd, after trading down. Colts took McKinney right in front of me at 2-30
R4 - WR RASHAD GREENE, FLORIDA STATE <- value selection
R4 - TE JEFF HEUERMAN, OHIO STATE <- not BPA, but decent value
R4 - OT DONOVAN SMITH, PENN STATE
R4 - FS ADRIAN AMOS, PENN STATE
R4 - ILB BEN HEENEY, KANSAS <- arguably my biggest reach. Needed someone
R4 - OLB ZA'DARIUS SMITH, KENTUCKY
R5 - RB JEREMY LANGFORD, MICHIGAN STATE <- traded up
R6 - ILB MIKE HULL, PENN STATE <- traded up
R6 - QB SEAN MANNION, OREGON STATE <- Obligatory QB pick
R6 - RB TYLER VARGA, YALE <- Jalston Fowler was also available. Take your pick.
R7 - TE NICK BOYLE, DELAWARE <- Project LBs Alani Fua and Obum Gwamcham as well as Xavier Dickson were all available and Dickson would probably have been a better pick

pbmax
04-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Mike Tanier's Eagles Mock Draft: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2437261-2015-nfl-mock-draft-mike-taniers-round-1-picks/page/21

Here is the full Eagles mock draft. If you don’t understand the logic behind the moves, it is because you are not smart enough:

1st Round: Jordan Spieth, Texas

2nd Round: Manny Pacquiao, Notre Dame of Dadiangas

3rd Round: Sam Dekker, Wisconsin (as a running back)

4th Round: American Pharoah, Zayat Stables. When things go wrong, Kelly ain’t going out like Richard III.

5th Round: Hroniss Grasu, Oregon. What? The Eagles need depth at center!

5th Round: Sent to Chargers as part of the Connor Barwin-Philip Rivers-Adrian Peterson-Johnny Manziel trade to acquire Giancarlo Stanton.

6th Round: Jordan Lewis, Hawthorn. Kelly has plans to revolutionize Austalian football, too.

7th Round: Someone who will be blamed on Howie Roseman.

pbmax
04-28-2015, 10:09 AM
Just from spending time reading all the draftiness, it seems everyone loves the WR class more than any position group.

Does this mean they go in the first and push other positions to Packers, or will the Packers face a WR BPA at 30?

Joemailman
04-28-2015, 10:39 AM
Just from spending time reading all the draftiness, it seems everyone loves the WR class more than any position group.

Does this mean they go in the first and push other positions to Packers, or will the Packers face a WR BPA at 30?

I think WR's will push DT's down to the Packers. Malcom brown, Eddie Goldman, Jordan Phillips and Arik Armstead are all possibilities to be available at #30.

pbmax
04-28-2015, 10:44 AM
I think WR's will push DT's down to the Packers. Malcom brown, Eddie Goldman, Jordan Phillips and Arik Armstead are all possibilities to be available at #30.

Lotta mocks have the Pack taking a CB; more than I would have guessed. I wonder of they are less sold on Hayward than I am or if the CBs are just better first round value than ILB?

3irty1
04-28-2015, 10:55 AM
Lotta mocks have the Pack taking a CB; more than I would have guessed. I wonder of they are less sold on Hayward than I am or if the CBs are just better first round value than ILB?

Definitely this. There are no first round talents at ILB IMO and several CBs that fit Ted's mold.

wist43
04-28-2015, 11:06 AM
I agree that value might dictate taking a CB in the 1st round, but there are only a few ILB's worthy of going in the 2nd round - they'll likely be gone by the time our pick comes around.

There are some ILB's further down I like... any way you slice it, we have to come away with 2 viable ILB candidates in this draft. The cupboard is bare, so unless that start bringing in bartenders...

pbmax
04-28-2015, 11:19 AM
I agree that value might dictate taking a CB in the 1st round, but there are only a few ILB's worthy of going in the 2nd round - they'll likely be gone by the time our pick comes around.

There are some ILB's further down I like... any way you slice it, we have to come away with 2 viable ILB candidates in this draft. The cupboard is bare, so unless that start bringing in bartenders...

If 3irty1 is right, I could see a trade down out of the first, select there and then move the 2nd round pick up for CB and ILB in that order.

3irty1
04-28-2015, 11:25 AM
If 3irty1 is right, I could see a trade down and then trade back up for CB and ILB in that order.

With all the depth of the draft in the 2nd day it might be tough to trade down. If a sweet prize falls or if someone wants a 5th year on a QB or something I could see it.

Fritz
04-28-2015, 03:59 PM

One thing we do is compare players in the same draft class. One thing we don't do much of is to compare relatively unknown players already on the roster to those in the draft class.

I wonder how someone like Carl Bradford measures against, say. Dawson or Anthony.

pbmax
04-28-2015, 04:27 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 24m24 minutes ago
Intent on showing his recent citation for pot won’t define him, Shane Ray is en route to Chicago for #NFLDraft. Will be in the green room

File this under. "Even if it works out, doesn't mean it was a good idea".

Joemailman
04-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Intent on showing his recent citation for pot won’t define him, Shane Ray is en route to Chicago for #NFLDraft. Will be in the green room

Maybe he got some bad information as to why they call it the green room.

http://www.burkhartandburkhart.com/images/MJ-plant.jpg

mraynrand
04-28-2015, 05:18 PM

Road trip!

http://pijamasurf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/cheech-and-chong-64010.jpg

wist43
04-28-2015, 08:10 PM
One thing we do is compare players in the same draft class. One thing we don't do much of is to compare relatively unknown players already on the roster to those in the draft class.

I wonder how someone like Carl Bradford measures against, say. Dawson or Anthony.

Bradford has short arms, and didn't show much of anything last year... short arms aren't a deal breaker necessarily, but if he doesn't have some other redeeming quality suited to playing ILB, I think it will be tough for him to stick around. All he had to do in college was go forward - playing ILB asks a lot more of a player than just flying off the edge. We'll see.

Dawson looks good on tape, but my God was a bad at the combine... slow and unathletic. So which guy is he?? A stud player on the next level, or a guy who looked artificially good b/c of the level of competition??

Anthony I like... a little stiff in the hips, and don't like his ability to change direction, but other than that, he's a decent player IMO.

wist43
04-28-2015, 08:14 PM
Maybe he got some bad information as to why they call it the green room.

http://www.burkhartandburkhart.com/images/MJ-plant.jpg

Joe - what's wrong with that picture??

Do you see any buds on that plant??

Rastak
04-28-2015, 08:44 PM
I'm gonna try and pop in here for the draft. I actually plunked down some cash for a draft guide for once. If Mad is cool I'll post entries of the picks...some really good info from Dane Brugler.

Example:

16. SAMMIE COATES | Auburn 6013|212 lbs|4JR Leroy, Ala. (Leroy HS) 3/31/1993 (age 22) #18
2011: Redshirted GRADE 3rd-4th Round 2012: (11/1) 6/114/19.0/2 MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 3/8 | Hand: 09 3/8 | Wingspan: 78 3/4 2013: (14/12) 42/902/21.5/7 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.43 | 10-YD: 1.55 | 20-YD: 2.59 | BP: 23 | VJ: 41 | BJ: 10’11” | SS: 4.06 | 3C: 6.98 | LS: 11.81 2014: (12/7) 34/741/21.8/4 PRO DAY N/A (positional drills only) Total (37/20) 82/1,757/21.4/13
BACKGROUND: A three-star wide receiver recruit out of high school, Coates originally committed to Southern Miss, but switched once Auburn offered him during the summer prior to his senior year. He redshirted in 2011 after injuring his knee and was a little-used redshirt freshman back-up in 2012, starting one game and finishing with six catches. With a new coaching staff taking over at Auburn, Coates became a starter (12 starts) in 2013 and led the Tigers with 42 receptions for 902 yards and seven touchdowns, emerging as an offensive playmaker with 14 catches of 30+ yards. He battled injuries as a junior in 2014 (seven starts), finishing with 34 catches for 741 yards and four scores, earning Second Team All-SEC honors. Despite one year left of eligibility, Coates left Auburn early for the 2015 NFL Draft. As a fourthyear junior, he participated in the 2015 Senior Bowl
STRENGTHS: Tall, chiseled frame with cut muscle definition and longer arms than several of his offensive line teammates…above average straight-line speed with swift, decisive strides to stretch defenses…shifts gears well with a second gear to easily accelerate and get behind the secondary – his ability to be a vertical threat stays in the minds of cornerbacks…strong upper body to fight off tacklers with a heavy stiff arm…dangerous after the catch with the plant-and-go burst to be slippery and elude defenders…shows the lower body explosion to elevate and highpoint…quick hands to make natural adjustments and handle fastballs…physical blocker with room to grow in this area…genuine personality who won’t find trouble off the field…averaged 21.4 yards per catch in college, proving to be a threat before and after the catch – set a school-record with 206 receiving yards in the 2014 Iron Bowl at Alabama.
WEAKNESSES: Not a natural hands-catcher and routinely fights the ball with inconsistent finishing concentration…needs to be more efficient attacking the ball away from his frame…lacks experience with the full route tree and is very unpolished in his breaks, tipping his path…needs to do a better job sinking his body and flipping his hips in tight situations…needs to develop his understanding of how to best use his body to leverage defenders – not as reliable in 50/50 situations as his size/length would suggest…struggles to improvise and work back to the quarterback, not doing enough with his skill-set to create separation…inconsistent dedication and work ethic in the past and would sometimes quit on routes…doesn’t offer special teams value…medicals need checked out – deep bone bruise to his left knee (Aug. 2014) that plagued him his entire junior year.
SUMMARY: A physical specimen with his size/speed combination, Coates has freakish ability and is clearly most comfortable on vertical routes, but can be very inconsistent on other patterns and is more of an athlete than polished pass-catcher right now. His overall focus and reliability at the catch point is a question mark as he struggles to consistently track and secure with too many drops on his résumé. Coates could have used another year in college to continue his development and work on the details of the position, but a target with his natural gifts will be coveted at the next level. His physical talent is reminiscent of a mix of Dwayne Bowe and Torrey Smith, but shouldn’t be relied upon to be anything more than a raw vertical threat as a rookie and might never be anything more unless NFL coaching can harness his athletic traits – will be drafted early, but his question marks push his value down my draft board.

Joemailman
04-28-2015, 08:47 PM
Joe - what's wrong with that picture??

Do you see any buds on that plant??

I'm a good normal American. I don't know anything about that stuff. :smile:

Joemailman
04-28-2015, 08:52 PM
I'm gonna try and pop in here for the draft. I actually plunked down some cash for a draft guide for once. If Mad is cool I'll post entries of the picks...some really good info from Dane Brugler.

Glad you'll be here Ras. Are the Vikings definitely going to hang on to Peterson, or could we see a draft day trade? Are Vikings going for Trae Waynes?

Rastak
04-28-2015, 08:59 PM
Glad you'll be here Ras. Are the Vikings definitely going to hang on to Peterson, or could we see a draft day trade? Are Vikings going for Trae Waynes?

Ah who knows.....I don't think they will deal Peterson just because it's too hard to get value for a guy his age. I'd love to get Waynes.....although I could see them trading down. That was Spielman's comments today, we'd like to trade down. Since they are all liars this time of year I guess that means they won't.

Joemailman
04-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Ah who knows.....I don't think they will deal Peterson just because it's too hard to get value for a guy his age. I'd love to get Waynes.....although I could see them trading down. That was Spielman's comments today, we'd like to trade down. Since they are all liars this time of year I guess that means they won't.

I think half the league might be trying to trade down.

Bretsky
04-28-2015, 11:01 PM
Agree with Joe; everybody is going to be trying to trade down, including Ted. IMO they won't get as much in past years. Most feel draft is top heavy, picks 7-20 are about the same player, and then the next twenty are as well.

TT might be tempted to draft a player with incredible talent but troubled past....could the Nebrasks pass rusher fall or the LB who smoked week just before the draft tests fall.........or value at CB or WR...........but he'll b trying like hell to trade down.

This year is considered crazy just as deep as last year at WR

This year is considered to be one of the crappiest years ever at TE

Rastak
04-29-2015, 05:33 AM
Agree with Joe; everybody is going to be trying to trade down, including Ted. IMO they won't get as much in past years. Most feel draft is top heavy, picks 7-20 are about the same player, and then the next twenty are as well.

TT might be tempted to draft a player with incredible talent but troubled past....could the Nebrasks pass rusher fall or the LB who smoked week just before the draft tests fall.........or value at CB or WR...........but he'll b trying like hell to trade down.

This year is considered crazy just as deep as last year at WR

This year is considered to be one of the crappiest years ever at TE

Seems weak at LB too.

pbmax
04-29-2015, 10:03 AM
Bill Huber at gnb.scout.com opines that is there is a possibility for the Packers to trade back and get value moving out of the first round, its a trade with a team looking for a QB. His source says the Saints might be looking to grab Brett Hundley and want to have the fifth year option.

pbmax
04-29-2015, 10:04 AM
There is a lot, and I mean a lot, of garbage scouting on CBs out today.

Smidgeon
04-29-2015, 10:21 AM
I think half the league might be trying to trade down.

As long as the other half is trying to trade up.

pbmax
04-29-2015, 10:58 AM
Scout.com's NFL Scout ranks the CBs like this:

1. Marcus Peters
2. Trae Waynes
3. Eric Rowe
big jump down
4. Jalen Collins
5. Kevin Johnson

Peters negatives were a predisposition to collecting personal fouls and short completions, but he did not get beat deep. Byron Jones did not get evaluated because of the number of missed games due to his injury.

What do the film room/You Tube junkies think of him?

EDIT: I apparently failed to recognize that he is the kid who got the boot from his own team.

3irty1
04-29-2015, 11:06 AM
Scout.com's NFL Scout ranks the CBs like this:

1. Marcus Peters
2. Trae Waynes
3. Eric Rowe
big jump down
4. Jalen Collins
5. Kevin Johnson

Peters negatives were a predisposition to collecting personal fouls and short completions, but he did not get beat deep. Byron Jones did not get evaluated because of the number of missed games due to his injury.

What do the film room/You Tube junkies think of him?

EDIT: I apparently failed to recognize that he is the kid who got the boot from his own team.

Peters reminds me of Charles Woodson both as a player and a person.

smuggler
04-29-2015, 12:31 PM
Woodson grew up by the time he came to town, though, for the most part.

Fritz
04-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Bradford has short arms, and didn't show much of anything last year... short arms aren't a deal breaker necessarily, but if he doesn't have some other redeeming quality suited to playing ILB, I think it will be tough for him to stick around. All he had to do in college was go forward - playing ILB asks a lot more of a player than just flying off the edge. We'll see.

Dawson looks good on tape, but my God was a bad at the combine... slow and unathletic. So which guy is he?? A stud player on the next level, or a guy who looked artificially good b/c of the level of competition??

Anthony I like... a little stiff in the hips, and don't like his ability to change direction, but other than that, he's a decent player IMO.

Your point about the short arms is good, but I was thinking more about the measureables plus whatever the coaches saw or did not see. So what I'm thinking is that someone like TT or MM has to think not only about whether Dawson is better than Anthony (or whomever), but whether they think he's better than Bradford.

On the other hand, this doesn't account for the possibility that they may be looking for a certain type of ILB. If they think of Barrington as a heavy hitter, a run stopper, do they want a rangier, more cover-guy type instead of going for another heavy hitter?

My own very limited sense is that McKinney may be the guy that has the most ceiling - if the coaches think he can be taught to cover well. I don't want two guys back there who bring the lumber but can't cover - but I don't want another Brad Jones, either.

pbmax
04-29-2015, 02:45 PM
What I would like to know, if anyone read it, would be which LB, Matthews or Barrington took over the Buck linebacker duty when Hawk left the starting lineup.

Hawk was essentially the strong LB, his job was to occupy the fifth lineman (usually a Guard in base). His declining size and strength made this very problematic last season. The other position (Barnett/Bishop/Jones) was Mack (weskit/pursuit).

If Matthews and Barrington stay starters, then you can draft for either.

If Matthews returns to OLB on early downs (unlikely unless they hit they jackpot) then you need Barrington's complement unless you think Thomas or Bradford will make it.

smuggler
04-29-2015, 02:52 PM
I believe the answer to your question is Barrington. I know they stuck Lattimore in there for a while once Brad Jones (Mack) was hurt and then eventually Barrington took over, but I still think the answer is Barrington.

Looking at the roster, we know that Bradford cannot be the Buck, so the immediate need in terms of bodies seems to be on the bigger role. But, getting a starter at the pursuit role would free up Matthews to play on the edge or on a fucking cloud if they wanted. Either would help the depth on the squad. Presuming a buck is taken, there's a chance that person could unseat Barrington as a starter, so that could be an upgrade, but taking the smaller role ILB would potentially upgrade our pass rush AND coverage.

pbmax
04-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Its logical because pursuit would be more natural to Clay than interior block shedding. But I think you are right that Lattimore then Barrington went in first at Mack for Jones.

smuggler
04-29-2015, 04:36 PM
http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/premium/draft.php?d=kucbbt

I've got a fever. The only prescription is more mocks!

034 - R2 CB MARCUS PETERS, WASHINGTON
062 - R2 ILB STEPHONE ANTHONY, CLEMSON
094 - R3 CB ERIC ROWE, UTAH
117 - R4 TE JEFF HEUERMAN, OHIO STATE
129 - R4 FS ADRIAN AMOS, PENN STATE
166 - R5 RB JEREMY LANGFORD, MICHIGAN STATE
206 - R6 ILB MIKE HULL, PENN STATE
210 - R6 ILB BRYCE HAGER, BAYLOR
213 - R6 OT MITCH MORSE, MISSOURI
247 - R7 FB JALSTON FOWLER, ALABAMA

Traded down into the mid-2nd with the Chargers, then traded back up with the Bucs to get Peters before he could get snapped up by the Raiders. Net gain of a mid-4th... Not realistic. Just pretend the Bucs traded up into the 1st from 34 overall...

No receivers in the 2nd or 3rd round... Mock invalidated. :/

Carolina_Packer
04-29-2015, 04:49 PM
Smuggler, I nominate you to sit in the draft room, partake of the spread and whisper these picks in Ted's ear.

Maxie the Taxi
04-29-2015, 04:56 PM
Smuggler, whose big board were you drafting from?

Freak Out
04-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Do any of these players have "it"?

smuggler
04-29-2015, 05:43 PM
Maxie, I generally trust CBS the most of all the big boards. The fanspeak big boards are composite. Ergo, I can take advantage of the discrepancies in some situations (Rowe is a top-50 player on CBS, but only top-100 in the fanspeak list)

Freak Out, all of the "it" players were drafted by Chicago and were, in short order, out of the league.

pbmax
04-29-2015, 05:49 PM

I think I can speak for Partial and say he would love Marcus Peters, warts and all. If that's not it, I don't know what it is.

pbmax
04-29-2015, 06:05 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2h2 hours ago
Eagles are shopping LB Mychal Kendricks. Seeking a 2nd round pick in return. Teams are balking at that price but something could happen

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
Two #Eagles defenders who teams believe could be had for the right price: DB Brandon Boykin & LB Mychal Kendricks.

Sheil Kapadia @SheilKapadia · 1h 1 hour ago
History suggests when Chip doesn't want a player, he gives little regard to value. Opposing teams should pounce on Boykin/Kendricks [1/2]

Both are young, ascending players who are great athletes and have been productive in the league. [2/2]

Joemailman
04-29-2015, 06:43 PM
nm

pbmax
04-29-2015, 06:43 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago
Here we go: Titans have gotten calls from multiple teams inquiring about what it will take to trade for 2nd overall pick, per league source.

Joemailman
04-29-2015, 06:46 PM
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2h2 hours ago
Eagles are shopping LB Mychal Kendricks. Seeking a 2nd round pick in return. Teams are balking at that price but something could happen

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
Two #Eagles defenders who teams believe could be had for the right price: DB Brandon Boykin & LB Mychal Kendricks.

History suggests when Chip doesn't want a player, he gives little regard to value. Opposing teams should pounce on Boykin/Kendricks [1/2]

Both are young, ascending players who are great athletes and have been productive in the league. [2/2]

This is Chip trying to come up with more picks to package together to move up and get Mariota.

Bretsky
04-29-2015, 07:03 PM
we also should probably alladmit that we need 2 real ILB's if we are gonna keep using this abortion of a defensive scheme

Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA is one we are already being linked to

Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami is another to watch. i am fine with getting an ILB from the U

gotta give props to Red as these are two guys he called out long ago we might nab

jklowan
04-29-2015, 07:30 PM
final mock...no trades

ILB ERIC KENDRICKS
UCLA
DT GRADY JARRETT
CLEMSON
OT TY SAMBRAILO
COLORADO STATE
TE JEFF HEUERMAN
OHIO STATE
ILB BRYCE HAGER
BAYLOR
CB NICK MARSHALL
AUBURN
OLB MARTRELL SPAIGHT
ARKANSAS
DE CEDRIC REED
TEXAS
DT DARIUS PHILON
ARKANSAS

smuggler
04-29-2015, 07:41 PM
Could be worse. I like Hager and Samrailo. Kendricks and Huerman are solid.

Joemailman
04-29-2015, 08:07 PM
Interest must be picking up. Looks like Draft Insider has crashed.

mraynrand
04-29-2015, 08:33 PM

http://i.imgur.com/fnz3nJd.gifv

smuggler
04-29-2015, 08:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYXczDB8VrY

pbmax
04-29-2015, 09:38 PM
This is Chip trying to come up with more picks to package together to move up and get Mariota.

Yep.

Eagles now rumored by many teams to be looking to trade for Marcus Mariota.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/29/eagles-doing-all-they-can-to-get-mariota/

Joemailman
04-29-2015, 09:55 PM
Joemailman's Packer Mock Draft 3.0

We have a trade. The Packers trade their 1st round pick (30) and their 4th round pick (129) to New Orleans for their 2nd round pick (44) and their 3rd round pick (78)

2. (44) Eric Rowe - CB - Utah
2. (62) Denzel Perryman - ILB - Miami
3. (78) Alex Carter - CB - Stanford
3. (94) Clive Walford - TE - Miami
5. (166) Taiwan Jones - ILB - Michigan St.
6. (206) Geneo Grissom - OLB - Oklahoma
6. (210) Joey Mbu - DT - Houston
6. (213) Andrew Donnal - OT - Iowa
7. (247) Davaris Daniels - WR - Notre Dame

pbmax
04-29-2015, 10:11 PM
Brian Burke at Advanced NFL Stats has been doing a mock draft based on his Bayesian Probability Draft Predictions

Brian Burke @Adv_NFL_Stats · 12s 13 seconds ago
Not many ILBs there for GB. Could go DL with Phillips. CBs will be there too: Collins or Jones.

http://www.advancedfootballanalytics.com/index.php/home/tools/bayesian-draft-tool

Has Denver looking at linebacker (Kendricks) but more likely OL. For Bretsky, Gordon is available to Packers.

pbmax
04-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Demovsky and ESPN believe Goldman might be available and the pick at 30 according to a mock run by Polian, McShay and the ESPN beat guys.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/20246/mock-draft-redo-eddie-goldman-to-packers

However, he might be when the Packers' turn comes later this evening, and with the benefit of hindsight -- something Thompson won't have -- Goldman would have been the better pick.

"I would've gone Eddie Goldman here," Polian said after the Collins pick in the mock draft. "I think he's a much better fit."

mraynrand
04-30-2015, 11:22 AM
I'd take Rudy Wells before I'd pick Goldman.

pbmax
04-30-2015, 11:24 AM
Here is you trading partner:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 27m27 minutes ago
On Bryce Petty, it’s under consideration I’m told RT @Kat_Terrell: @RapSheet But Round 1 to the Saints? Not sure if I buy it.

pbmax
04-30-2015, 11:29 AM
I'd take Rudy Wells before I'd pick Goldman.

Here is that mock draft. Demovsky initially choose Collins before the reports of multiple failures of drug tests in college apparently. He later posted the choice would have been Goldman in that case.

Wells was available.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/166716/2015-espn-nfl-nation-mock-draft

pbmax
04-30-2015, 11:40 AM
Every Scouting Report Ever: A Guide to Mix and Match Your Own Custom Scouting Reports

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/43586992/

Best one:

SPEED: You would think all of those 40-yard dashes would cover this without excess verbal baggage, but there is more to speed than just being fast.
1. Explosive speed.
2. Speedy explosiveness.
3. Fast explositivity.
4. More quick than fast.
5. More slick than quick.
6. Tremendous burst, but no finishing speed.
7. Accelerates slowly but bursts quickly after closing on his initial velocity.
8. Has an extra gear in the open field, which would make more sense if you knew how many gears he had in the first place.
9. Lacks elite speed (garden slug).
10. Sneaky fast (white guy).

pbmax
04-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Someone needs to drive over to Berea with a bullhorn and demand they turn themselves in for psychological examination?

Drew Magary ‏@drewmagary 18m18 minutes ago
Drew Magary retweeted Around The NFL
The sadness of this tweet has levels to it.

- Drew Magary added,
- Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL
- Report: Cleveland Browns believe they have a good chance to land Sam Bradford
- http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489096/article/report-browns-believe-they-can-trade-for-sam-bradford?campaign=Twitter_atn …

pittstang5
04-30-2015, 12:22 PM
I have talked myself out of the Packers taking an ILB in the first 3 rounds. Either a D-lineman, CB or Rush OLB is going to fall to us and TT is going to have to take him - just my gut feeling.

Furthermore, I think the top tier ILBs (Anthony, McKinney, Perryman, etc.) are going to be gone before the Packers pick in the 2nd. The rest of the ILBs I have going in the 4th and later.

So, I'm doing a alot of last minute cramming on some ILBs that will be available in the later rounds.
My list so far includes:

Ben Heeney – Kansas
Ramik Wilson - Georgia
Jake Ryan – Michigan
Bryce Hager – Baylor

Out of those - Wilson and Ryan are becoming my favorites - especially Jake Ryan, he sounds like a TT pick.

red
04-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Someone needs to drive over to Berea with a bullhorn and demand they turn themselves in for psychological examination?

Drew Magary ‏@drewmagary 18m18 minutes ago
Drew Magary retweeted Around The NFL
The sadness of this tweet has levels to it.

- Drew Magary added,
- Around The NFL @AroundTheNFL
- Report: Cleveland Browns believe they have a good chance to land Sam Bradford
- http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489096/article/report-browns-believe-they-can-trade-for-sam-bradford?campaign=Twitter_atn …

that team needs an enima

just fucking clueless

pbmax
04-30-2015, 12:55 PM
I just love the draft. Cowboys are now denying hypothetical trade rumors.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/30/report-cowboys-wont-pursue-johnny-manziel-if-hes-made-available/