PDA

View Full Version : Pimps & Hoes

Tyrion Lannister
09-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Need to vent!

Hoes:

McCarthy - Look on McCarthy's face after the safety was priceless. This fat man is borderline retarded. Never learns from his mistakes. Should've benched that fat turd that gave the Lions a quick 6 points. Instead, brought back said fat turd to waste plays and give the Lions another 2 points. #11 couldn't catch a fuck, yet he the played the whole fucking game. Play-calling was so fucking predictable.

Lacy - Stunk worse than a fat turd.

Rodgers - Held the ball forever. Never took a chance. Off-target all day, especially Nelson in the redzone on that failed 4th down play late in 4th quarter. Should've audibled out of run on saftey. Been in the league for 10 years and still can't figure out how to beat the Cover 2, 4 men rush.

#11 - This guy plays the League? He sucks. Might as well just bring back Ruvell Martin.

Matthews - Just can't go an extended period without fucking getting hurt. Was best run defender on the field, then got hurt (again). Big surprise.

Hawk - Lost a step. Then again, never had a step to began with anyway. Got pimped by Bush in receiving game.

Hyde - Slow in coverage. Slow in pursuit. Slow.

Pimps:

Capers - Defense allowed, what, 10 points? Caused 3 turnovers. While D reverted back to its sloppy run defense late in game without #52, McCarthy and his retarded offense lost this game. 10 points!

Peppers - MVP of game on losing team. Sack-fumble was a thing of beauty.

Clinton-Dix - Pick at last, pick at last, thank God almighty pick at last. Finally, a safety picked off a pass for the Packers in like 600 days.

Quarless - MVP of offense on losing team.

Fritz
09-21-2014, 03:32 PM
When Quarless was your best receiver of the game you know you're pretty fucked.

Hoes:

Offensive line.

Receivers, especially Boykin, then Cobb.

MM

Lacey

Pimps:

Quarless

Defense

Capers

Starks. He ran like a man today. But he has hands of stone.

pbmax
09-21-2014, 03:33 PM
Richard Rodgers got blasted on the safety play as well. No one on that side save Bulaga had a block worth a damn.

Tyrion Lannister
09-21-2014, 03:37 PM
Richard Rodgers got blasted on the safety play as well. No one on that side save Bulaga had a block worth a damn.

That was a terrible, scared play call. Running the ball out of a single back formation against that mean Detriot front? Stupid. Might as well just take a knee in the endzone.

digitaldean
09-21-2014, 03:46 PM
That was a terrible, scared play call. Running the ball out of a single back formation against that mean Detriot front? Stupid. Might as well just take a knee in the endzone.
And of ALL guys to run, they try Lacy. They would have been better off with a qb sneak to start. Running Lacy intentionally to the side and then seeing Lacy run scared later in game instead of hitting the hole, were equally pathetic.

Hoes:
THREE turnovers and we still lose the game. Offensive line was bitch slapped all day long. The entire line stunk. Bulaga was of no extra help. Even keeping Lacy in max protect didn't help
WRs (they didn't step up vs. the scrub DB's of the Lions, plus too many drops by Boykin, Adams)
A-Rod missed Nelson for a TD late.
Offense as a whole failed to show up.
Still a lot of missed tackles on D. House had a couple, so did Neal.

Pimps:
Peppers strip sack
Capers did his part on planning on this game

pbmax
09-21-2014, 05:40 PM

Running in that situation shouldn't be a problem. To get 1 or 2 yards to operate with.

Not sure that was the right play call though. No one blocked it well. No run play works well if you don't block.

Maxie the Taxi
09-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Didn't see the game, but on reviewing the stats I noticed Lattimore had 7 unassisted tackles and 2 assists. That's pretty damn good.

Neal had a sack, a tackle for a loss and a QB hurry. That's good.

The bad news looks to be that RB's were only targeted twice (with one completion). That tells me no swing passes, no check offs, and no screens. What kind of nonsense is that against a team with an aggressive defense? Very, Very BAD.

It also seems from the stats that Boykin and Cobb didn't contribute much (1 catch out of 4 targets and 3 catches out of 6 targets respectively). And Jeff Janis, the rookie speed demon, pass catching sensation in pre-season has yet to suit up for a game!

And Stubby is still trying to do two jobs at once (call plays and game manage) and doing neither job well. He should take a page out of Nick Saban's book and hire a Lane Kiffin-type to call plays.

HarveyWallbangers
09-21-2014, 08:26 PM
The bad news looks to be that RB's were only targeted twice (with one completion). That tells me no swing passes, no check offs, and no screens. What kind of nonsense is that against a team with an aggressive defense? Very, Very BAD.

I don't think Detroit is that aggressive. They can stop the run and get pressure without having to blitz a lot because their front four is so good.

Maxie the Taxi
09-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Maybe you're right, Harvey. You saw the game. I didn't. But I would have liked Stubby to get the ball to our RB's in space nevertheless. Or try some misdirection or reverses to get Cobb or Lacey open in space.

King Friday
09-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Maybe you're right, Harvey. You saw the game. I didn't. But I would have liked Stubby to get the ball to our RB's in space nevertheless. Or try some misdirection or reverses to get Cobb or Lacey open in space.

We don't have RBs that work well in space. Lacy takes 5 minutes to get to space...and Starks isn't exactly "natural" coming out of the backfield. I've always wished we had a back that actually was a threat like that...it can help the OL a lot, but it doesn't seem that this group finds any value in it.

pbmax
09-21-2014, 10:02 PM
If you want to throw it to a back, its got to be Harris. That fact is making the dearth of TE receiving worse. Boykin is still a bigger problem.

denverYooper
09-21-2014, 10:05 PM
If you want to throw it to a back, its got to be Harris. That fact is making the dearth of TE receiving worse. Boykin is still a bigger problem.

Boykin's at 4 drops in the last 2 weeks, or is it more?

pbmax
09-21-2014, 10:12 PM
Boykin's at 4 drops in the last 2 weeks, or is it more?

I am not even sure I would mind the drops if he still had Rodgers confidence like Nelson, Jones or Finley did when they played butterfingers.

But he ran an unexpected route early and got on Rodgers shit-list quickly.

Carolina_Packer
09-21-2014, 10:48 PM
I recall Adams getting dressed down by Rodgers after he came off the line on what appeared to be a smoke route, judging by Rodgers reaction. Do we miss the veteran depth we had last year with James Jones and Jermichael Finley?

pbmax
09-21-2014, 10:56 PM
I recall Adams getting dressed down by Rodgers after he came off the line on what appeared to be a smoke route, judging by Rodgers reaction. Do we miss the veteran depth we had last year with James Jones and Jermichael Finley?

He was on the post game report (see More Banjo for Tweets) and said he mis-read a hand signal.

call_me_ishmael
09-21-2014, 11:17 PM
I wish one of these other guys would dress down Rodgers after one of his copious mistakes. He sure seems unforgiving when he has had a garbage season riddled with more negatives than positives.

He seems like such an asshole. If we're being honest here, Rodgers is not playing like a top 15 quarterback right now. He certainly is not living up to his contract. Packers were 5-3 when he went out last year. Losing or barely squeaking by against good teams, and blowing out the really bad teams.

I'm so tired of announcers saying he's an X factor, an MVP candidate, etc. He's not even close right now. He is not anywhere near the same guy he was from when he initially became the starter to the 15-1 year.

I'm not trolling. He is not playing great. Doesn't seem nearly as evasive as he once did yet he holds the ball forever. The recipe is out on how to stop these guys. If a team can stop the run and keep safeties deep, they will severely limit the Packers offensively since they don't adjust.

Tyrion Lannister
09-22-2014, 01:29 AM
I wish one of these other guys would dress down Rodgers after one of his copious mistakes. He sure seems unforgiving when he has had a garbage season riddled with more negatives than positives.

He seems like such an asshole. If we're being honest here, Rodgers is not playing like a top 15 quarterback right now. He certainly is not living up to his contract. Packers were 5-3 when he went out last year. Losing or barely squeaking by against good teams, and blowing out the really bad teams.

I'm so tired of announcers saying he's an X factor, an MVP candidate, etc. He's not even close right now. He is not anywhere near the same guy he was from when he initially became the starter to the 15-1 year.

I'm not trolling. He is not playing great. Doesn't seem nearly as evasive as he once did yet he holds the ball forever. The recipe is out on how to stop these guys. If a team can stop the run and keep safeties deep, they will severely limit the Packers offensively since they don't adjust.

+1

Rodgers has been mostly average lately. He needs to play better and carry the team.

Fosco33
09-22-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm done with these LBs.

Hawk (Pillow) is constantly out of position, misreading plays - but does he make up for it with ability to call adjustments and leadership.
CM3 - the entire defense has been built around him and Peppers. But along with that aggression - leaves himself open for injuries. He's almost a china doll.

mission
09-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Is that Bigguns?

Joemailman
09-22-2014, 10:17 AM
Is that Bigguns?

?

mission
09-22-2014, 10:18 AM
?

Tyrone Bigguns back from the ban hammer? If so, I'm glad. :)

pbmax
09-22-2014, 10:29 AM

Who is having a good enough season to call him out? Nelson is the only guy. If Cobb complained, he'd get the Finley treatment.

pbmax
09-22-2014, 10:29 AM
Mad has said Bigguns has had his old account reactivated for a while.

call_me_ishmael
09-22-2014, 10:44 AM
Who is having a good enough season to call him out? Nelson is the only guy. If Cobb complained, he'd get the Finley treatment.

Agreed. He is such a diva w/ a very public "dressing-down" guys on bad plays. It's very unbecoming of a leader.

pbmax
09-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Agreed. He is such a diva w/ a very public "dressing-down" guys on bad plays. It's very unbecoming of a leader.

You mean 2 years of publicly ignoring his screw-ups and lobbying for the team to retain his services? That kind of dressing down?

I meant fans would find Cobb had no standing to criticize Rodgers because Cobb isn't going great guns either.

Joemailman
09-22-2014, 11:09 AM
In 2009, following a loss to Tampa Bay in which Rodgers was sacked 6 times and threw 3 INT's, the Packers had a players-only meeting. Reportedly one of the O-Linemen (I think Clifton) stood up and said to Rodgers "Look, we have to play better, but you have to get rid of the ball quicker." At that point, the Packers turned their season around, going from 4-4 to finish 11-5. Rodger had 14 TD passes and 2 INT's the rest of the way, and was sacked just 14 times. Of course, this was before Rodgers was the Super Bowl and NFL MVP. Does anyone have the stature to do that now?

call_me_ishmael
09-22-2014, 11:14 AM
In 2009, following a loss to Tampa Bay in which Rodgers was sacked 6 times and threw 3 INT's, the Packers had a players-only meeting. Reportedly one of the O-Linemen (I think Clifton) stood up and said to Rodgers "Look, we have to play better, but you have to get rid of the ball quicker." At that point, the Packers turned their season around, going from 4-4 to finish 11-5. Rodger had 14 TD passes and 2 INT's the rest of the way, and was sacked just 14 times. Of course, this was before Rodgers was the Super Bowl and NFL MVP. Does anyone have the stature to do that now?

Josh Sitton or Tramon Williams would be the only guys I can think of. Maybe Hawk.

My point above was mainly that A-Rod expects perfection from others and is very douchey about letting everyone know it. Having said that - he clearly does not demand the same of himself.

pbmax
09-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Josh Sitton or Tramon Williams would be the only guys I can think of. Maybe Hawk.

My point above was mainly that A-Rod expects perfection from others and is very douchey about letting everyone know it. Having said that - he clearly does not demand the same of himself.

I don't think Rodgers having low standards for his own play is even a thing, much less the problem. It makes more sense that he is too busy chasing big plays.

3irty1
09-22-2014, 12:16 PM
I haven't watched the All-22 yet but I suspect Rodgers isn't really the issue. He hasn't been Elvis or anything through 3 games but even if he had things may not be too different. I think there are two main problems on offense.

1. We don't have a running play yet. Every year as this team gels there emerges a running play that the team just plain executes well and becomes a go-to play as well as a foundation from which to run misdirection like counters and play action off of. So far they have not found that play. I don't know if I've even seen a good candidate.

2. Of all the receivers, only Jordy has been of even starter quality. Boykin has looked ridiculously slow out of his cuts and is dropping everything. At this point he's earned a demotion to #4, maybe even #5. Nobody has been in a better position to succeed than Cobb yet every game he's had a chance to make a play and literally let it slip through his fingers. He's consistently lost 1 on 1's against subpar talents and mismatches. In the open field he hasn't looked like the threat he's supposed to be. He has sucked at doing all the things that are supposed to be his strengths. Adams hasn't had as many opportunities but should definitely be stealing more and more snaps from Boykin. He is only a slight improvement though in that on the rare occasion that he does get open his hands have been reliable. Quarless is by far the best thing we've got and is a backup quality TE. He's not particularly good at anything and doesn't have the kind of hands you want to rely on to move the chains, especially when the running game is just a turd.

wootah
09-22-2014, 12:55 PM
Ted needs to bring Apollos Hester in for the half time speeches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ymriMhoj0

VegasPackFan
09-22-2014, 01:07 PM
This might be the problem for Rodgers right now:

OLIVIA MUNN

MadtownPacker
09-22-2014, 01:44 PM
http://youtu.be/0U8_LX7ccC4

Maxie the Taxi
09-22-2014, 01:51 PM

Another (naive?) question for Stubby: If your game plan calls for using the TE's as blockers exclusively, why use the TE's? Why not just let a guy like Lane Taylor be a designated TE for the game...or at least for the Lacy safety play?

Harlan Huckleby
09-22-2014, 01:56 PM
Adams hasn't had as many opportunities but should definitely be stealing more and more snaps from Boykin. He is only a slight improvement though in that on the rare occasion that he does get open his hands have been reliable.
It's par for course that rookie wide-outs disappoint. I remember Sterling Sharpe struggling out of gate. But I certainly want to see more of him.

especially when the running game is just a turd.
I'm not so discouraged by running game. Obviously they tried to squeeze blood out of rock yesterday, should have used more short passes. There were some running lanes, Starks played well, the run blocking has been far worse in recent memory.

I'm not at all discouraged by O-line, I think they will be a strength. The skill players are looking unskilled, lay off the fat guys. (Well, with possible exception of Coach.)

pbmax
09-22-2014, 02:18 PM
http://youtu.be/0U8_LX7ccC4

Dude! Clear out your PMs and is there anyway to get the board to allow video from Vine to be posted?

pbmax
09-22-2014, 02:19 PM
Another (naive?) question for Stubby: If your game plan calls for using the TE's as blockers exclusively, why use the TE's? Why not just let a guy like Lane Taylor be a designated TE for the game...or at least for the Lacy safety play?

The defense would react to the lack of a skilled, eligible receiver at TE. Meaning coverage would be directed elsewhere.

Guiness
09-22-2014, 02:34 PM
The defense would react to the lack of a skilled, eligible receiver at TE. Meaning coverage would be directed elsewhere.

On that note, did Kevin Barry ever catch a pass after being 'designated eligible' in the U-62 formation?

MadtownPacker
09-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Dude! Clear out your PMs and is there anyway to get the board to allow video from Vine to be posted?
Apologies, try it now or just give me a link to try.

pbmax
09-22-2014, 03:51 PM

Right now, a Vine video here gets the link treatment:

https://vine.co/v/O7JxBKYzKtW

Vine.com itself wants you to embed the Vine video with this code:

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/O7JxBKYzKtW/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Guiness
09-22-2014, 03:55 PM

https://vine.co/v/O7K9hI2VqUV

dang, nope

pbmax
09-22-2014, 03:56 PM
Couple of links describe how it should be possible to hack it together in BB code manager.

http://pastebin.com/yqiS1MPA

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2438206

Maxie the Taxi
09-22-2014, 05:18 PM

Didn't JJ Watt catch a TD pass this year? Don't know where he lined up.

Still, even if the defense reacted as you say, in a run situation at least we've got a stout blocker who won't get blasted out so easily.

pbmax
09-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Didn't JJ Watt catch a TD pass this year? Don't know where he lined up.

Still, even if the defense reacted as you say, in a run situation at least we've got a stout blocker who won't get blasted out so easily.

Oh, you can do it. Belichick went on last week in great detail why he prefers a Tackle at TE over an unbalanced line. And throwing to that tackle is one way to make the D pay for not treating the Tackle like an eligible player. Belichick and Parcells did this for years.

I was simply commenting on why it might not be the first choice.

MadtownPacker
09-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Jumbo Elliot!!! Still remember that badass MNF comeback victory. Why can't M3 be creative? Fucking honkie.

Maxie the Taxi
09-22-2014, 05:49 PM
Oh, you can do it. Belichick went on last week in great detail why he prefers a Tackle at TE over an unbalanced line. And throwing to that tackle is one way to make the D pay for not treating the Tackle like an eligible player. Belichick and Parcells did this for years.

I was simply commenting on why it might not be the first choice.

Belichick and Parcells always seem to think outside the box. It's why I like them and why they are elite coaches.

pbmax
09-22-2014, 06:09 PM
Well, its not just thinking outside the box. You have to have a run game the opponent is afraid of otherwise they won't adjust and your advantage depends entirely on running at a player you have just obviously put in the game for that expressed purpose.

The reason Vrabel and Jimbo Elliot were open was because people expected them to block and block well.

If you can't run, they treat him like a TE. Belichick hasn't used that play since his running game has gone into the toilet a few years ago.

Kevin Barry and U71 was something the opponent feared because the Packers could and did run under most circumstances. What Sherman was never able to do was pass well out of that formation. So it becomes predictable and slowly got less effective.

Carolina_Packer
09-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Jumbo Elliot!!! Still remember that badass MNF comeback victory. Why can't M3 be creative? Fucking honkie.

Mad, the last time I really remember MM being creative was the fake punt that Tom Crabtree scored on against the Bears in 2012. There's a difference between gimmicky and creative. He needs to be more creative and keep the defenses guessing, especially on running plays.

Maxie the Taxi
09-22-2014, 07:00 PM
Well, its not just thinking outside the box. You have to have a run game the opponent is afraid of otherwise they won't adjust and your advantage depends entirely on running at a player you have just obviously put in the game for that expressed purpose.

The reason Vrabel and Jimbo Elliot were open was because people expected them to block and block well.

If you can't run, they treat him like a TE. Belichick hasn't used that play since his running game has gone into the toilet a few years ago.

Kevin Barry and U71 was something the opponent feared because the Packers could and did run under most circumstances. What Sherman was never able to do was pass well out of that formation. So it becomes predictable and slowly got less effective.

To me it sounds kind of like a chicken or the egg thing...Stubby leaves the TE end to block and the TE gets destroyed and the running game stalls. Maybe if the TE is a guard or tackle the running game doesn't stall, again, especially on your own 1 yard line.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to make sense out of Stubby's decision to keep a TE in to block who obviously can't block. And if that TE is never targeted, or if he is and he can't make the play, then the whole idea of Richard Rogers being in the game is insane compared to an extra guard or tackle.

King Friday
09-22-2014, 07:36 PM
Quasimodo ain't going to suddenly learn creativity. He's been profoundly outcoached in all three games already this year. The Packers are about to waste the prime of yet another HOF caliber QB...but hey, we'll learn from this and get better, right?

Rutnstrut
09-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Quasimodo ain't going to suddenly learn creativity. He's been profoundly outcoached in all three games already this year. The Packers are about to waste the prime of yet another HOF caliber QB...but hey, we'll learn from this and get better, right?

Remember the org isn't happy with mediocrity, the homers here have said so.

Joemailman
09-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Remember the org isn't happy with mediocrity, the homers here have said so.

We're homers because we think the organization wants to win? :crazy: I think perhaps having 2 losing seasons in 22 years, 2 Super Bowl titles, 5 straight playoff appearances has given some people a distorted view of what mediocrity is. MM was one of 10 head coaches hired in 2006. Only Sean Payton has been as successful. You know what mediocrity is? Check out the other 8.

Rod Marinelli
Scott Linehan
Herm Edwards
Brad Childress
Gary Kubiak
Eric Mangini
Dick Jauron
Art Shell

call_me_ishmael
09-22-2014, 10:47 PM
Do other teams use shotgun as much as us? I must say I do miss the i-formation and single back w/ QB directly under center. All of these shotgun runs are so candy ass.

George Cumby
09-22-2014, 11:27 PM
We're homers because we think the organization wants to win? :crazy: I think perhaps having 2 losing seasons in 22 years, 2 Super Bowl titles, 5 straight playoff appearances has given some people a distorted view of what mediocrity is. MM was one of 10 head coaches hired in 2006. Only Sean Payton has been as successful. You know what mediocrity is? Check out the other 8.

Rod Marinelli
Scott Linehan
Herm Edwards
Brad Childress
Gary Kubiak
Eric Mangini
Dick Jauron
Art Shell

You and your pesky fact-thingies!

pbmax
09-23-2014, 01:32 AM
To me it sounds kind of like a chicken or the egg thing...Stubby leaves the TE end to block and the TE gets destroyed and the running game stalls. Maybe if the TE is a guard or tackle the running game doesn't stall, again, especially on your own 1 yard line.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to make sense out of Stubby's decision to keep a TE in to block who obviously can't block. And if that TE is never targeted, or if he is and he can't make the play, then the whole idea of Richard Rogers being in the game is insane compared to an extra guard or tackle.

It's not being argumentative, its fully worth figuring out. In most situations, at least in previous years, the TE was on the line or in the backfield only when required by pass rush numbers. Otherwise they went out into the pattern. So I think that is what he prefers to do.

Remember, this is the same HC who does not start chipping with TEs and RBs until the backup tackle demonstrates that he needs help.

This year he is hamstrung in two ways. First, he needed to help the backup tackle. Second, as you point out, his TEs are pedestrian at either blocking or catching.

If you wanted to run, it would seem ideal to stick another O line out there. However, given his history, the defense is going to react to that as run all the way, negating much of the advantage. They stick another guy in the box. With any TE, there is at least the threat of the pass and the D has to declare what it fears more. If Rodgers won't throw it to them, then you are correct, its doesn't help. But you know, right now, McCarthy is still planning on seeing TE production.

Fritz
09-24-2014, 06:56 AM
But PB, all the talk from Rodgers has been about how to get that second safety down in the box so the Packers can pass. Wouldn't sticking an extra tackle on the line force teams to bring a safety down, and then the pass would be open, no?

pbmax
09-24-2014, 07:44 AM
But PB, all the talk from Rodgers has been about how to get that second safety down in the box so the Packers can pass. Wouldn't sticking an extra tackle on the line force teams to bring a safety down, and then the pass would be open, no?

It would, but you have removed a receiver (unless you are throwing to Jumbo Elliot in the end zone) from the equation so the benefit is neutralized to some degree. But it could still be to your benefit if you get a one on one matchup you want.

The bigger problem is that sometimes against a six man box, Lacy couldn't find a hole. That's why I think Starks should have come back in. They are two different runner and I am not giving up on Lacy at all, but Starks worked versus that defense.

ThunderDan
10-20-2014, 03:08 PM

My favorite post from this thread. Fun to read some of this stuff after 5 straight wins.