PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup

HarveyWallbangers
09-23-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm mentally prepared for another close, crushing defeat at the hands of the Eurosnobs. Meanwhile, it's always fun to see a Packers connection--seemingly out of nowhere. Reminds me of reading about guys like Nick Price and A.J. Allmendinger being Packers fan for no apparent reason.

Apparently, Keegan Bradley's gal is a Boston Bruins, Boston Red Sox, and Packers fan. He should just go ahead an marry her.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/rydercup/11115282/Ryder-Cup-2014-Team-USA-Wags.html?frame=3047846

Tyrion Lannister
09-25-2014, 12:16 AM
I don't think too many folks will watch or care much about this "exhibition" (McIlroy's word) b/c Eldrick ain't playing. As for me, I could not care less b/c it's football season, and Eldrick ain't playing. ;)

It's not gonna be close, IMO. The mighty "Eurosnobs," led by the great Rory McIlroy, will spank us hapless "Ameribitches."

HarveyWallbangers
09-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Plenty of people will care. Americans do care more when we are winning though.

Joemailman
09-26-2014, 11:06 PM
I think U.S. has a good chance this year. As great as Rory has been, one guy can't win the Ryder cup. Most of the top money winners this year are from the U.S. It hasn't been a great year for some top Europeans.

wist43
09-30-2014, 09:31 AM
There's been a definite talent shift to the other side of the pond...

I don't care for most of the American players anymore - most of them are spoiled brats. Always hated Tiger... used to like Bubba, but turns out he's a bit of a jerk too.

As for me, I haven't been watching much golf the past couple of years b/c I can't play - it makes me heartsick to watch and not be able to get out there. I'm hoping to be in better health next year, and get back to playing.

Can't imagine how rusty I'll be - will be like taking the game up anew again... realistically, I know I'll never be the player I was - so have to get over that psychological hurdle - as the old saying goes, "... the greatest distance in golf is the distance between your ears" :)

digitaldean
10-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Sounds like Tom Watson let the team have it on the Saturday night final meeting. The players got Watson a gift signed by all the players and he scoffed at them. He told them that they sucked at the foursomes. Of course, one of the best teams for the foursomes, Keegan Bradley and Mickelson were held out of both Saturday sessions. All US could get was a measly 1/2 point out of 4. It's true that they're spoiled brats, but the Eurodicks aren't any better.

My thought? Azinger or Johnny Miller. Miller will pull no punches, but could get the right captain picks to light a fire under this team. Can't wait for when it comes to US. 2016 - Hazeltine in Chaska, MN and 2020 at Whistling Straits in Kohler, WI. WOO-HOO!!