PDA

View Full Version : How would you handle another bad loss?

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm noticing a lightening of the Packer bandwagon. The Lions loss was discouraging - an inept passing game is unfamiliar territory in Rodgers era. Not so many people posting this week at packerrats. Are the rats fleeing the sinking ship?

hoosier
09-25-2014, 02:10 PM
I tried voting for #2 and #3 but for some reason your poll doesn't allow for that. Free choice, my ass. For me a Packer loss to the Bears will mean a very productive month of October at work and newfound domestic tranquility.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2014, 02:18 PM
I too found this poll objectionable and voted to fuck myself. Every packer season I stop caring and fall off the bandwagon, although never this early in the campaign. My reason is often that injuries are disheartening, and I just get tired of football for a bit. But then I climb back aboard.

Chicago looked pretty good last week, they could win.

Maxie the Taxi
09-25-2014, 02:39 PM
If the Packers lose Sunday I will take the loss in stride. As my brother says, the season is still young and away losses to division rivals can be easily remedied by winning at home.

...Then I will walk out into my backyard and blow my brains out.

oldbutnotdeadyet
09-25-2014, 03:27 PM
Get drunk???

Actually, me thinks the rats are in for a long season this year....which result in absolutely no changes in coaches nor personnel.

denverYooper
09-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Get drunk???

Actually, me thinks the rats are in for a long season this year....which result in absolutely no changes in coaches nor personnel.

I might take an extra belt of bourbon if they lose and lament about it on packerrats some.

Then I'd go to sleep, get up on Monday, and deal with the hundreds of things that I actually have some control over.

denverYooper
09-25-2014, 04:33 PM

This reminds me... what if the defense improves and lands somewhere in the 10-15 range, ST has a top 10 year, but the offense just stays in a funk? Say the offense under-performs all year, landing ~15-20 or so and they finish .500 +/- a game because they can't score enough, and don't make the playoffs. The way things are going right now, your scenario is entirely plausible because I don't know that they would make any personnel moves in that case.

King Friday
09-25-2014, 08:11 PM
There is always Badger basketball to fall back on.

Joemailman
09-25-2014, 08:19 PM
Not so many people posting this week at packerrats. Are the rats fleeing the sinking ship?

People are mesmerized by the Brewers' epic battle to finish .500.

channtheman
09-25-2014, 08:47 PM
There is always Badger basketball to fall back on.

Despite everyone being back, I don't expect last season's success. That was just too good of a run to duplicate.

channtheman
09-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Oh and to add an on topic bit, I'm going to be at this game. I bought tickets for this game and the Thursday Viking game in early August. I kind of rolled up the two games into a 2 week long road trip vacation/visit family in Wisconsin thing. Hopefully the Packers don't make me regret paying 300 dollars for a piece of paper that allows me to watch them stink it up in person. A competitive game would be nice. One in which it looks like we are fielding a professional offense and not the JV squad from my High School.

Rastak
09-25-2014, 08:58 PM
Oh and to add an on topic bit, I'm going to be at this game. I bought tickets for this game and the Thursday Viking game in early August. I kind of rolled up the two games into a 2 week long road trip vacation/visit family in Wisconsin thing. Hopefully the Packers don't make me regret paying 300 dollars for a piece of paper that allows me to watch them stink it up in person. A competitive game would be nice. One in which it looks like we are fielding a professional offense and not the JV squad from my High School.

Not bad planning.

VegasPackFan
09-26-2014, 03:09 AM
We really need this win but it's certainly not over if we lose. Maybe it will come down to another late season division game.

Tony Oday
09-26-2014, 07:38 AM
Other. Wild Hockey starts soon. Oh and fire slocum.

Tony Oday
09-26-2014, 07:44 AM
I would also swear and be mad.

3irty1
09-26-2014, 08:25 AM
The Packers are doing a really poor job of managing our expectations so far. They'd have to suck in an another unexpected way for me to really lose it.

George Cumby
09-26-2014, 11:13 AM
Not fleeing the sinking ship, but it gets old beating the same dead horses over and over and over again.

"Pad Level" is in a thread title AGAIN ferfuxsakes.

RashanGary
09-26-2014, 02:13 PM
If We have another bad loss, this is no exaggeration, I'm going to fucking kill myself. I'm going straight to tower drive bridge and jumping.

hoosier
09-26-2014, 02:38 PM
If We have another bad loss, this is no exaggeration, I'm going to fucking kill myself. I'm going straight to tower drive bridge and jumping.

If I didn't know better, after reading this I would think I had stumbled into a Bears forum in any given year.

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2014, 03:30 PM
I think JustinHarrell is sincere because he referred to Packers as "We."

MadtownPacker
09-26-2014, 03:42 PM
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100424022756/uncyclopedia/images/d/d8/Mika-with-gun-in-mouth.jpg

George Cumby
09-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Jay-zuz, Mad. That's fucking wrong.

denverYooper
09-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Jay-zuz, Mad. That's fucking wrong.

Pshaw. The hammer's still fully seated.

pbmax
09-26-2014, 08:31 PM

Don't do it just to spite those complaining Bear's fans that survived the Cobb touchdown last spring.