PDA

View Full Version : Ted Thompson Press conference @ 4:30 ct

scooterwfr
08-29-2006, 12:12 PM
What do you think his excuses are going to be?

Tony Oday
08-29-2006, 12:16 PM
We had a bad catered meal last night before the game we ran out of STEAK!!! WTF!!!

hehe

Tarlam!
08-29-2006, 12:17 PM
The conference will be 'cause he has to announce the roster....

digitaldean
08-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Doubtful there'll be any.

TT, though not the best GM in the NFL, isn't going to sugarcoat it.

Just like MM stated at halftime, most of the problems were self inflicted. Poor tackling, turnovers were the main cause of last night's debacle.

Hope he announces that Fergy, Da Poop and David Martin are cut.

scooterwfr
08-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Maybe he will announce the free agent aquisition of DEION BRANCH! (In our dreams) Although, thinking about it, something like that could be the spark this team needs. Someone with his veteran leadership could perhaps give this team the confidence it needs to turn things around.

MadtownPacker
08-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Whats up Scooter?

I hope TT announces that he made a mistake with Woodson and has decide to take the cap hit and just cut him now., replacing him with Carroll of course.

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 12:30 PM
that he is resigning? :mrgreen:

Packnut
08-29-2006, 12:31 PM
May-be he'll announce hies retirement. :lol:

Packnut
08-29-2006, 12:32 PM

Great minds think alike? :roll:

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 12:36 PM
HA ! No doubt!!

mmmdk
08-29-2006, 12:37 PM

Maybe TTs hair has turned BLACK in grief of the MNF game.

scooterwfr
08-29-2006, 12:38 PM
LOL! Wow that would be crazy if he WAS resigning... doubt it would happen though. I'm sure today's conference will just be the normal question and answer. Since we are on the subject and like to point the blame at, well, annyone we can for the packers deterioration... who do you all think SHERMAN would have drafted with the first 3 picks this year? Doubt he would have done a much better job than Thompson did.

KYPack
08-29-2006, 12:38 PM
Hey Teddy Poo,

I don't give a shit what you say:

-Wear a dark suit with an appropriate Shirt & tie.

- make your announcement in a professional, confident manner

-Use one of them telepromter things, instead of glancing at your notes with yer hands shaking

-have a speech coach lay out the announcement for you and teach you how to make it.

-Watch some old tapes of Ron Wolf making his announcements.

& Oh yeah, announce your retirement AND that Wolf is taking back over as Packer GM

swede
08-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Hey Teddy Poo,

Yeah. If I were Bob Harlan I'd send Teddy a very firm note about representing Green Bay in a professional manner.

The last time I saw him at a podium he was wearing a long-sleeved crew-necked white t-shirt. Make an effort, Ted. Dress nicely for press conferences.

No wonder he's not married.

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Hey Teddy Poo,

-Use one of them telepromter things, instead of glancing at your notes with yer hands shaking

-have a speech coach lay out the announcement for you and teach you how to make it.

& Oh yeah, announce your retirement AND that Wolf is taking back over as Packer GM

Yeah, I almost think that TT and the President take speech lessons from the same person.

CaliforniaCheez
08-29-2006, 01:15 PM
Hey Teddy Poo,

How about drinking water from a glass instead of a gurgling bottle?
It is one of the classless things he does that looks undignified.

mmmdk
08-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I know what TT will say: "c'mon you guys, you're too easy today".

gbpackfan
08-29-2006, 01:20 PM
I could give a shit about what he wears or his stupid water bottle. I want to know who is getting cut and how they intend to fix their problems!

The best and worst news, the problem last night wasn't talent.....it was EFFORT! Sure, the Bengals have more talent then the Packers but not 48 to 17 talent. The Packers gave up and that sucked! Maybe they will be more motivated for the next three games, all at home (1 pre-season) and look like the team that played the Falcons. But maybe they will get down early and just give up, like the team that played last night. That is why I said, the effort being the problem is the best and worst news from last night. I guess we'll know on Sept. 10!

mmmdk
08-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Hey Teddy Poo,

Yeah, I almost think that TT and the President take speech lessons from the same person.

Now that does it, GBRulz!!! I think TT can pronounce 'sublimmol, suppliminul, err...subliminal' way better than the Texan Prez dispenser. :mrgreen:

Brandon494
08-29-2006, 01:41 PM
that he is resigning?

Great minds think alike?

More like dumbasses think alike. Do you not realize that we are still in a rebuilding mode? This is all Sherman's fault, TT is doing a great job fixing the crap Sherman left behind.

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 01:43 PM
that he is resigning?

Great minds think alike?

More like dumbasses think alike. Do you not realize that we are still in a rebuilding mode? This is all Sherman's fault, TT is doing a great job fixing the crap Sherman left behind.

No, I didn't realize that. :roll: According to TT, we are not in a rebuilding mode.

Lighten up, we're just kidding around...DUMB ASS :roll:

retailguy
08-29-2006, 01:44 PM
that he is resigning?

Great minds think alike?

Don't go there Brandon, I kind of like you.... :mrgreen: :wink:

Packnut
08-29-2006, 01:55 PM
that he is resigning?

Great minds think alike?

Yeah, keep dreaming. I'll tell ya what, you live in your dream world and I'll stay in the real one. The facts speak for themselves. In 2 seasons, TT has accomplished starting 2 OL last season that SUCKED and now he's gonna start 2 rookies this season. There are other teams with the same talent level we have, yet they are not starting 2 rookie lineman.

It's obvious he has sacrificed this season and most likely the next one in the HOPES that his picks work out. Wake up- any run of the mill GM could go this route, but it's the good ones who make the right picks and sign the right FA's. That's HIS JOB and why he gets paid the big bucks.

packrulz
08-29-2006, 02:02 PM
On the radio I heard the cuts are supposed to be done by 3:00.

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 02:03 PM
we have to cut 9 today, is that right?

Packnut
08-29-2006, 02:07 PM
we have to cut 9 today, is that right?

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060829/PKR0201/608290552/1989

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 02:09 PM
ok ty for the link. I am going to post it just incase some can't read it because they are behind a firewall....

Posted August 29, 2006

Notebook: Packers short on time to reduce roster by 9

By Pete Dougherty
pdougher@greenbaypressgazette.com

CINCINNATI — The Packers' scouting and coaching staffs won't have much of a turnaround to make their first roster cutdowns after Monday night's preseason game against Cincinnati.

The NFL's first mandated cuts, to 75 players, are due by 3 p.m. today, when NFL Europe roster exemptions also run out. The Packers have 84 players on their roster, so General Manager Ted Thompson and coach Mike McCarthy will have to clear nine players today.

The team was scheduled to fly back from Cincinnati immediately after the game, which gets it back after midnight. That means the coaches and scouts will have half a day to go over the game videotape, which could play an important role in determining roster spots, and then meet to decide on the cuts by 3 p.m.

One spot that presumably will open is safety Marviel Underwood, who is out for the season after tearing the anterior-cruciate ligament in a knee in the preseason opener 2½ weeks ago. Underwood is on the roster but will get moved to injured reserve, probably today.

Closer look

The Packers took an early look Monday at two players who are vying for increased roles in their defense — linebacker Brady Poppinga and cornerback Michael Hawkins.

At the beginning of the second quarter, Poppinga replaced Ben Taylor at strong-side linebacker with the No. 1 defense and played there the rest of the first half. Poppinga has made a fast recovery from knee-reconstruction surgery in December and has played well enough that he's pushing Taylor for the starting job on the strong side.

Hawkins missed the first two preseason games because of a sore knee, but even though he's a raw, second-year player, he has the talent to perhaps challenge Ahmad Carroll for the nickel cornerback job. Defensive coordinator Bob Sanders played Hawkins in place of Carroll in the nickel in Cincinnati's first series of the second quarter. Hawkins, though, appeared to take himself out of the game after seven plays because of an injury. He returned to the nickel role on the next defensive series.

Kicking numbers

Jon Ryan rebounded from a poor first punt and had an otherwise solid performance. He punted four times for a 44.8-yard average (and a 40.0-yard net average), and that included a 33-yarder on his first attempt.

His first punt came with the Packers at their 15-yard line. It was a low, 33-yarder that had only 3.1 seconds of hang time and went out of bounds at the 48-yard line.

The former Canadian Football Leaguer, who is trying to make it in the NFL for the first time, came back with a 35-yarder that had 5.1 seconds of hang time and was fair caught at the 10-yard line, a 51-yarder with 3.7 seconds of hang time that was returned 5 yards by former Packers receiver Antonio Chatman and finished with a 60-yarder with 4.7 seconds of hang time that was returned 14 yards in the fourth quarter.

"The first one wasn't ideal," Ryan said. "I don't know what it was, maybe nerves. But after that, it was good."

Kicker Dave Rayner hasn't been tested with a long field goal. He converted a 30-yarder in the third quarter. His only other attempt this preseason was a 30-yarder last week against the Atlanta Falcons.

Injury update

The Packers sustained four injuries during Monday's game.

Running back Arliss Beach hurt an ankle. Linebacker Roy Manning injured a shoulder. McCarthy did not know the severity of either injury.

Running back Samkon Gado injured his ribs in the third quarter, but returned.

Tight end David Martin suffered cramps.

Did not play

Nine Packers players didn't travel with the team because of injuries, including defensive lineman Kenny Peterson, who's fighting for a roster spot but has missed all three preseason games so far because of an ankle injury. Peterson sustained the injury on Aug. 10 and returned to practice on Saturday, but he wasn't healthy enough to play Monday night.

Also not traveling were Underwood, cornerback Will Blackmon (foot), fullback William Henderson (knee), cornerback Patrick Dendy (ankle), safety Atari Bigby (hand), guard Mookie Moore (shoulder), tackle Josh Bourke (calf) and offensive lineman Will Whitticker (hamstring).

Familiar faces

The Bengals have four former Packers players on their roster: receiver-return man Chatman, linebacker Hannibal Navies, linebacker Marcus Wilkins and safety Kevin Kaesviharn. Chatman worked as the Bengals' No. 1 punt returner. Navies, Wilkins and Kaesviharn were backups Monday night. Kaesviharn made a nice leaping recovery of a surprise onside kick by the Packers near the end of the first half.

packrulz
08-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Ben Taylor might be cut, I like him but you can't keep everybody. Probably a lot of back ups will be cut today.

woodbuck27
08-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Maybe he will announce the free agent aquisition of DEION BRANCH! (In our dreams) Although, thinking about it, something like that could be the spark this team needs. Someone with his veteran leadership could perhaps give this team the confidence it needs to turn things around.

Ya right!

That would be a good thing. Deion Branch wants Big money though from my research.

Ted already made that mistake... with regards to a certain CB with an attitude... NOT :idea: GOOD ATTITUDE.

but... he's a STAR !

Sooo... we have to understand /accept all that means... as fans.

SCREW ....... THAT !!!! :razz:

woodbuck27
08-29-2006, 02:41 PM
that he is resigning?

Great minds think alike?

Yeah, keep dreaming. I'll tell ya what, you live in your dream world and I'll stay in the real one. The facts speak for themselves. In 2 seasons, TT has accomplished starting 2 OL last season that SUCKED and now he's gonna start 2 rookies this season. There are other teams with the same talent level we have, yet they are not starting 2 rookie lineman.

It's obvious he has sacrificed this season and most likely the next one in the HOPES that his picks work out. Wake up- any run of the mill GM could go this route, but it's the good ones who make the right picks and sign the right FA's. That's HIS JOB and why he gets paid the big bucks.

WOW !! Packnut.

The TRUTH from someone.

A reality check.

Handle it ROY's.

Packnut
08-29-2006, 03:01 PM
that he is resigning?

Great minds think alike?

WOW !! Packnut.

The TRUTH from someone.

A reality check.

Handle it ROY's.

I just think TT has done a lousy job. He underestimated the offensive line importance and thought he could just plug anyone in there. I really do think the facts back me up. There was nothing in MM's past that even remotely suggest that he's HC material. I hope and pray I'm wrong and I would like nothing more than a big plate of crow to eat, but if you look at the patterns that he has formed since taking over, they are disturbing to say the least.

bbbffl66
08-29-2006, 05:05 PM
that he is resigning?

Great minds think alike?

Like replacing 2 starting guards? Great job!!!

CaliforniaCheez
08-29-2006, 07:30 PM
Thompson did not wear a shirt with collar and obviously no tie.

He slurped crudely from the waterbottle in front of the microphone.

Ted seems very inarticulate and not to have any longterm goals.

It would be nice if he answered a direct question.

Scott Campbell
08-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Lighten up, we're just kidding around...DUMB ASS :roll:

Your making me homesick for Tex.

fan4life
08-29-2006, 07:50 PM
This is how ridiculous it has gotten: Favre loses the football in the rain, and DD tipped a ball intended for Bubba that ended up being intercepted by the safety; two mistakes (neither of them "bad decisions") that lead to 10 points. 10 STINKING POINTS!!

Yet the idiot crowd is out there shouting about how turnovers caused this loss.

WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 38 POINTS THE DEFENSE LET SLIP BY?

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, because the last time I watched the Bears, Lions or Vikes, none of their offenses looked powerful, smooth and practiced like the Bengals did last night. But I will get on these boards and SCREAM when observers blame a loss like this on turnovers.

And that includes the coaching staff. (Yeah, I'm talking to you, Jagodzinski. Why don't you tell us why the offense can't run the damn ball?)

mraynrand
08-29-2006, 08:12 PM
"Tight end David Martin suffered cramps. "

---

He gets hand cramps all the time.

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 10:07 PM
It would be nice if he answered a direct question.

Maybe Thompson should run for governor of WI. Considering who the candidates are, I think he would have a legitimate shot.

Terry
08-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Great minds think alike?

More like dumbasses think alike.

Well, not 'more like' actually, but, yes, it's true - dumbasses also think alike. But so what? Actually, geniuses are more likely to think alike than dumbasses. And the rude tend to think alike also. Or at least they post alike.

digitaldean
08-29-2006, 10:11 PM
"Tight end David Martin suffered cramps. "

---

He gets hand cramps all the time.

Boy for a moment I thought they were talking about Martin needing Midol. :mrgreen:

He sure seems to cramp up enough to drop the darn ball.

CaliforniaCheez
08-30-2006, 10:47 AM
Well at some point Ted Thompson has to be held accountable.

1) For the coaching staff because he fired the old one including Jim Bates(900K this year) the packer bottom line is affected by paying multiple coaching staffs.
2) The departure of players without getting value. Wahle, Sharper, Roman, Thomas, Longwell were all starters that not only have not been adequately replaced but nothing was obtained in exchange. Several back up players as well.
3) The drafts. 2005 1st round player and one of the second rounders have no production while the 3rd round was traded away. The production of the other draft picks has yet to been demonstrated.
4) Few of the players acquired by Sherman remain. Over 50% of the players are Thompson acquired. Blaming the former GM is no longer valid. There is cap room.
5) Winning games. The 4 years proceeding Ted Thompson's arrival the Packers were a contender reaching the playoffs. Since his arrival they have only won 25% of their games. Changing the coaching staff this year has the team winning 33% of their games.

It is time for some light and heat to be applied to Ted Thompson in order to at least get him recognize he is responsible to win first and foremost. All other considerations are secondary.

Packnut
08-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Well at some point Ted Thompson has to be held accountable.

1) For the coaching staff because he fired the old one including Jim Bates(900K this year) the packer bottom line is affected by paying multiple coaching staffs.
2) The departure of players without getting value. Wahle, Sharper, Roman, Thomas, Longwell were all starters that not only have not been adequately replaced but nothing was obtained in exchange. Several back up players as well.
3) The drafts. 2005 1st round player and one of the second rounders have no production while the 3rd round was traded away. The production of the other draft picks has yet to been demonstrated.
4) Few of the players acquired by Sherman remain. Over 50% of the players are Thompson acquired. Blaming the former GM is no longer valid. There is cap room.
5) Winning games. The 4 years proceeding Ted Thompson's arrival the Packers were a contender reaching the playoffs. Since his arrival they have only won 25% of their games. Changing the coaching staff this year has the team winning 33% of their games.

It is time for some light and heat to be applied to Ted Thompson in order to at least get him recognize he is responsible to win first and foremost. All other considerations are secondary.

The big problem I fear is the # of fans who just take for granted that he should have a few years to prove himself. They accept losing and being embarrassed like Monday night. For them it's natural to have "re-building years". I have seen enough to know that TT is a clown who does'nt have a clue. This guy lives in a fantasy world where O lineman are a dime a dozen.

I also agree that the Sherman excuse is over. This is TT's team and he's had ample time.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-30-2006, 11:26 AM
that he is resigning?

Great minds think alike?

You just showed how much of a dumbass you are. :shock: Everyone is allowed to voice their own thoughts, and if you have a different view, there's no reason to resort to childish name calling.