PDA

View Full Version : Superstition thread

3irty1
10-02-2014, 12:15 PM
We've got a million threads discussing all the things we can't control foolishly ignoring discussion of what we do control.

We know about the gameday thread. To what other supernatural forces do you heed to influence the outcome of packer games?

Fritz
10-02-2014, 12:38 PM
I didn't watch last week; they won.

Dammit. I can't stay away from the TV tonight, and I might thus be the cause of a loss!

denverYooper
10-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Coffee in the Packers mug first thing in the morning.

3irty1
10-02-2014, 01:14 PM
During the superbowl run my friends and I had the "keep everything exactly the same" thing going. For the first playoff game a friend was visiting from 5 hours away. He had to come back for the other games as well. We had the exact same food for every game. If things were going poorly we all swapped pants. If that wasn't enough we'd make a sacrifice out the 4th story window of the apartment.

Earlier that year after the Packers lost all those close games in a row I had my friend's brand new TV RMAed citing that "This TV is broken, the Packers keep losing on it."

Since then I've just avoided the well known curses: No green and gold food. No watching games in Madison.

MadtownPacker
10-02-2014, 03:04 PM
PackerRats attending games as a group function (0-2) is also a huge no-no. Ask Bretsky.

red
10-02-2014, 06:40 PM
i'm telling you cheap fucks. the packers have never lost a game i attended (except for the first one, but that was preseason and i was like 7, so fuck you, it doesn't count)

i'm like 9-0 or 10-0

all it takes is for you tight wad assholes to spring for my gas and ticket, and we will see lots of lombardis

HarveyWallbangers
10-02-2014, 06:55 PM
i'm telling you cheap fucks. the packers have never lost a game i attended (except for the first one, but that was preseason and i was like 7, so fuck you, it doesn't count)

i'm like 9-0 or 10-0

all it takes is for you tight wad assholes to spring for my gas and ticket, and we will see lots of lombardis

I was like 11-0 or 12-0, but the run ended in 2005 when Big Ben and the Steelers beat the injury riddled Pack. Followed that with a 0-2 Packer Rats run--although I didn't actually attend one of the games, maybe even both.

Maxie the Taxi
10-02-2014, 07:20 PM
My biggest superstition is posting on a superstition thread five minutes before game time.

George Cumby
10-02-2014, 07:30 PM
If I watch the game, they lose.

pbmax
10-02-2014, 10:35 PM
I was like 11-0 or 12-0, but the run ended in 2005 when Big Ben and the Steelers beat the injury riddled Pack. Followed that with a 0-2 Packer Rats run--although I didn't actually attend one of the games, maybe even both.

Too much time out with Bretsky and Nutz?

call_me_ishmael
10-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Too much time out with Bretsky and Nutz?

We were jamming in Michelle's living room. Man that was fun. I'd love to do it again. It was perfect with home base at Michelle's. Does anyone here live in GB?

I snuck BF4MVP into a bar. That was awesome. Bretsky, carmel and strippers - no more details needed!

Fritz
10-07-2014, 12:48 PM
Dang. Good story.

Okay, I have realized, after last week's game, that none of these superstitions mean a thing.

The real reason the Packers win or lose is none other than Bob McGinn.

Consider: Last season McGinn writes that Arod has been amazingly healthy, and that the Packers are poised to do well should he go down.

So...Rodgers got hurt that week, and the Packers sucked.

This season McGinn writes an article about how all the other NFC North teams have improved so very greatly, catching up to the Packers. That same weekend of games, the Packers thrash the Vikes, the Bears lose a game they led by about eleven points or so, and the Lions lose at home in a game they led by a 14-3 score.

It's Bob.

Cheesehead Craig
10-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Dang. Good story.

Okay, I have realized, after last week's game, that none of these superstitions mean a thing.

The real reason the Packers win or lose is none other than Bob McGinn.

Consider: Last season McGinn writes that Arod has been amazingly healthy, and that the Packers are poised to do well should he go down.

So...Rodgers got hurt that week, and the Packers sucked.

This season McGinn writes an article about how all the other NFC North teams have improved so very greatly, catching up to the Packers. That same weekend of games, the Packers thrash the Vikes, the Bears lose a game they led by about eleven points or so, and the Lions lose at home in a game they led by a 14-3 score.

It's Bob.

You're brilliant Fritz.

Fritz
10-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Me and Chauncey Gardener.

gbgary
10-08-2014, 02:23 PM
PackerRats attending games as a group function (0-2) is also a huge no-no. Ask Bretsky.

lol

staying away from all you fuckers next week.

QBME
10-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Me and Chauncey Gardener.

I like to watch...:)

Fritz
10-09-2014, 12:04 PM
And I love that Shirley McLaine's character was down with that.