PDA

View Full Version : Official Cut Woodson Thread...

Merlin
08-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Maybe if TT does visit message boards he will get the hint because obviously after watching the entire preseason, last night was not a shock to anyone who has been watching Woodson. We had a player like that on the roster before, his name was Darren Sharper. Showed up to play 10% of the snaps and couldn't tackle anyone....

CUT WOODSON NOW~!

Tony Oday
08-29-2006, 01:20 PM
BACK AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE!

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Who then ended up going to the Vikes and went to the Pro Bowl after a great season. I can't support cutting Woodson. Not yet. We've given him too much money for him to hit the market. If he's going to suck, he should do it on the bench as a Packer and/or be traded next offseason.

tyler

Merlin
08-29-2006, 01:21 PM
BACK AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE!

Anyone who thinks we should keep his worthless ass is smoking crack! He has done NOTHING. All I heard was that teams weren't throwing to him because his coverage was so good and I said um no, his coverage was horrible. Everyone said I was nuts. Well, I was right and am right. He is worthless...

Merlin
08-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Who then ended up going to the Vikes and went to the Pro Bowl after a great season. I can't support cutting Woodson. Not yet. We've given him too much money for him to hit the market. If he's going to suck, he should do it on the bench as a Packer and/or be traded next offseason.

tyler

If you cut him now you have no cap hit. Someone will pick him up. Let him go be a pro-bowler for someone else. Sharper made the pro-bowl because he had what 10 ints? Um, he allowed as many TD's and was injured. He was a non-factor for the Vikings....

gbpackfan
08-29-2006, 01:27 PM
The guy has one bad preseason game and you want to cut him? You are just plain silly. Honestly, I know you are trying to get noticed and be extreme, but posts like this just make you look like a uninformed, wanna be GM, monday morning QB, moronic couch jockey. Let C-Wood play in a couple of REAL games before we go cutting him.

gbpackfan
08-29-2006, 01:29 PM

tyler

If you cut him now you have no cap hit. Someone will pick him up. Let him go be a pro-bowler for someone else. Sharper made the pro-bowl because he had what 10 ints? Um, he allowed as many TD's and was injured. He was a non-factor for the Vikings....

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Thanks for the great laugh! You obviously know NOTHING about how the salary cap works. C-Wood would cost us over 3 million dollars (at least) in cap space if we cut him now.

Rastak
08-29-2006, 01:29 PM

tyler

Sorry Merlin but that's complete and utter bullshit. 100% grade 'A'.
I can count on two fingers how many times he got torched. 9 picks including 2 TD's is NOT a non-factor.

cpk1994
08-29-2006, 01:30 PM
The pack is on the hook for most, if not all, his salary this year whether he goes or not so it would be ridiculous to cut him now. If he is this bad in the regular season then your point is a little stronger.

woodbuck27
08-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Maybe if TT does visit message boards he will get the hint because obviously after watching the entire preseason, last night was not a shock to anyone who has been watching Woodson. We had a player like that on the roster before, his name was Darren Sharper. Showed up to play 10% of the snaps and couldn't tackle anyone....

CUT WOODSON NOW~!

That could never happen ... could it ? mmmm

Does Ted Thompson have "the Jewels "to dump "his mistake" to date, in Free Agency?

Charles Woodson = former College STAR = former Pro Bowler

Charles Woodson does not equal...

GOOD ATTITUDE nor Leadership, nor proper mentoring that must be expected... from a Vet player off FA that came to us... at such a cost. Especially given that we were 4-12 in 2005.

How many starving African Children, could be better fed, given proper medical aid... with the money equivalent, to Charles Woodson's GIFT of a Paycheck... for what. Not a question.

What is Samkon Gado thinking of Charles Woodson?

No wonder Al Harris is annoyed !!

Was it really... all aboit Aaron Kampman's vote of confidence with a new Contract in FA? Does a brotha speak out on a brotha ?

Al Harris should today! Ted Thompson should Today !!!

Al Harris will be fine. He'll deserve anything Ted Thompson rewards him with.

Charles Woodson......DAM !!

We will survive better without him ...next season.

I played sports with the STARS and it can be difficult to see /feel their attitudes..non chalence.

Yet... with Chuck Woodson... get used to it !! Try.

gbpackfan
08-29-2006, 01:31 PM

tyler

I can count on two fingers how many times he got torched. 9 picks including 2 TD's is NOT a non-factor.

Sharper isn't the player he once was, and probably got burned more then twice, but he wasn't a non-factor last year. Merlin, you really are out there!

Brandon494
08-29-2006, 01:39 PM
1 bad game in the preseason where everyone was playing like crap and now we should cut the guy? Yea good thing you aren't the GM, you couldn't even franchise a team on madden.

esoxx
08-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Kooksville

GBRulz
08-29-2006, 01:48 PM
I don't agree with cutting him. Al Harris had a horrible first pre-season game but he didn't get his own "cut" thread. Or maybe he did, I dunno...

Anyhow, the sad part of this all is that many of the named starters don't give 100% effort in the pre-season. I agree with you in principle, where if you can't earn your keep, hit the road so to speak. But this isn't H.S. athletics, we sometimes have to coddle these guys even though we don't like it.

Now, if this keeps up throughout the season, then yes, cut his @ss at the end of the year.

woodbuck27
08-29-2006, 02:01 PM
I don't agree with cutting him. Al Harris had a horrible first pre-season game but he didn't get his own "cut" thread. Or maybe he did, I dunno...

Anyhow, the sad part of this all is that many of the named starters don't give 100% effort in the pre-season. I agree with you in principle, where if you can't earn your keep, hit the road so to speak. But this isn't H.S. athletics, we sometimes have to coddle these guys even though we don't like it.

Now, if this keeps up throughout the season, then yes, cut his @ss at the end of the year.

That would be ... 100% - GBRulz !

woodbuck27
08-29-2006, 02:08 PM

tyler

I like your spunk Packer fan.

Charles Woodson has been laughing at "his Glorified Position", since coming to the Green Bay Packers and as a Packer fan... YOU MerlinWizard222 have every right to expres yourself as YOU see it. :mrgreen:

pbmax
08-29-2006, 02:10 PM
I find that number hard to believe (the two fingered number, not the 9 picks or TDs).

Sharper has always taken horrible angles and bites on the ball while watching the QB. He considers himself a playmaker and knows that Ints jack up your contract.

While he may have had two TDs on him because his receiver caught it and scored, I'll bet his missed tackle number was MUCH higher, some leading to long plays, including scores.

Which is why I felt he was always a +/- number of 0. Like a defenseman in hockey who is too quick to jump into the offensive zone, Sharper plays way out of position looking to make a play and doesn't pursue well with his bad angles.

Rastak
08-29-2006, 02:17 PM
I find that number hard to believe (the two fingered number, not the 9 picks or TDs).

Sharper has always taken horrible angles and bites on the ball while watching the QB. He considers himself a playmaker and knows that Ints jack up your contract.

While he may have had two TDs on him because his receiver caught it and scored, I'll bet his missed tackle number was MUCH higher, some leading to long plays, including scores.

Which is why I felt he was always a +/- number of 0. Like a defenseman in hockey who is too quick to jump into the offensive zone, Sharper plays way out of position looking to make a play and doesn't pursue well with his bad angles.

Well, that's the number of times I saw it outright, could have been other instances but I'll tell you, he was hitting and making plays. He had a very good year, no question about that. I watched all 20 games.

Tarlam!
08-29-2006, 02:26 PM
This thread blows.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-29-2006, 02:31 PM

tyler

I agree, Sharper was one of the best saftey's to play for Green bay. How can 9 INT's be ingored when turnovers are what win games for you. And people act like this guy is a fricken TD waiting to happen, gezz.