PDA

View Full Version : official game day thread 10/12. packers-fins

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Joemailman
10-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Huge win. Now let's talk to MM and find out why Jones is still playing. PB?

Lattimore was out with injury. Barrington was inactive.

Infamous
10-12-2014, 03:25 PM
miami blew this game

MOST DEF!

pbmax
10-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Huge win. Now let's talk to MM and find out why Jones is still playing. PB?

Not sure, reports still coming in.

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 48m48 minutes ago
Packers announce Lattimore out for the game, neck injury. Also, Elliot ankle injury return questionable

pbmax
10-12-2014, 03:26 PM

Pete Dougherty ‏@PeteDougherty 48m48 minutes ago
Packers announce Lattimore out for the game, neck injury. Also, Elliot ankle injury return questionable

Joemailman
This was one of Aaron Rodgers' greatest games when you consider the pressure he was under all day. Did I mention come from behind TD in last 2 minutes?

pbmax
This was one of Aaron Rodgers' greatest games when you consider the pressure he was under all day. Did I mention come from behind TD in last 2 minutes?

It also counts as winning game within the magical 4 point margin.

Rutnstrut
10-12-2014, 03:27 PM

So put Mason Crosby, or the water boy, or ANYONE in there before Jones.

Carolina_Packer
10-12-2014, 03:27 PM
Between Packerrats.com, Red Zone, and Packers.com I got to follow the game. Wow! We stole that one!

Joemailman
10-12-2014, 03:29 PM
So put Mason Crosby, or the water boy, or ANYONE in there before Jones.

Crosby did make a pretty nice tackle on that KO return.

Iron Mike
10-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Dom Capers' "To Do" List:

REPLACE BRAD FUCKING JONES!!!!!

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2014, 03:30 PM
The ending was case of Dumb and Dumber. McCartney kicking field goal was dumb. Miami clock management etc. was dumber.

Actually on review it was Ringo

Joemailman
10-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Brad Jones is the new Jarrett Bush.

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Between Packerrats.com, Red Zone, and Packers.com I got to follow the game. Wow! We stole that one!

Kinda stole. But it was an even game overall, and somebody had to lose.

Carolina_Packer
10-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Absofuckinglutely. Rodgers was magnificent for 60 minutes. Best game of year.

The ending was case of Dumb and Dumber. McCartney kicking field goal was dumb. Miami clock management etc. was dumber.

HH, M3 trusted his defense! :-P Yeah, that was dumb for Miami not to milk that clock. A-Rod is incredible. I'm thinking he might make studs with Brad Jones making dud.

Carolina_Packer
10-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Next man up Adrian Hubbard?

pbmax
10-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Road win. No apologies.

They don't ask how, they ask how many!

Carolina_Packer
10-12-2014, 03:46 PM
Geez, I pretty much went right to my computer after the Packers won to see M3's presser and it kept saying offline. Did he have one? If he did, it must have been right after he got off the field, and must have been quick.

pbmax
10-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 15m15 minutes ago
Head Coach Mike McCarthy is now at the podium to talk about the #Packers win. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 14m14 minutes ago
McCarthy: Excellent victory on the road. Knew it'd be tough to play in the heat. Guys played through it. Football team showed grit. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 13m13 minutes ago
McCarthy: The last two series signify what we are about. Grit. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 12m12 minutes ago
McCarthy: Tough environment to play in. Dolphins made big plays in 2nd half -- give the Dolphins credit. #GBvsMIA

McCarthy: Tough environment to play in. Dolphins made big plays in 2nd half -- give the Dolphins credit. #GBvsMIA

McCarthy: This is an excellent character win -- overcoming adversity. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 11m11 minutes ago
McCarthy: Aaron Rodgers is remarkable. He kept battling and extended plays. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 10m10 minutes ago
That's all from Coach McCarthy. Up next: #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers. #GBvsMIA

gbgary
10-12-2014, 04:08 PM
so many close plays today. Shoe string tackles, Jordy barely stepping oob, Williams barely missing the td, Rodgers nearly getting sacked several times, fumbles, passes completed/defensed, sacks nearly made, etc.

More what-ifs than your normal game.

oldbutnotdeadyet
10-12-2014, 04:18 PM
When do we hear about the career ending injuries to shields, latimore and williams?

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Road win. No apologies.

The road is not for sissies.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a7/The_Road_movie_poster.jpg

gbgary
10-12-2014, 04:33 PM
When do we hear about the career ending injuries to shields, latimore and williams?

shields has a patellar tendon issue but he says it's not torn.

denverYooper
10-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Road win. No apologies.

They don't ask how, they ask how many!

Plus, Florida. Weird rules in Dade County.

pbmax
10-12-2014, 05:15 PM
shields has a patellar tendon issue but he says it's not torn.

Seriousy, did you hear patella?

Freak Out
10-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Lets not all go giving each other reach arounds just yet

Slocums squad still has to make one more appearance

Exactly what I was thinking.

deake
10-12-2014, 06:44 PM
He has the QB wide on the play. He has contain.He is not supposed to fill the tackle gap.

Then who had the tackle gap. This is the same problem we had with Chicago. It looks like they are running right at Mathews.

pbmax
10-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Then who had the tackle gap. This is the same problem we had with Chicago. It looks like they are running right at Mathews.

Unsure of Chicago play, but...

Matthew has outside contain, in this case its the QB. He has to be patient and not crash. From the two plays of this I saw, Jones was next to Matthews and was on a run blitz inside the DT. So DT should have the gap between him and Matthews, but Daniels was crashing inside too. Could have been a stunt, but if so, Dolphins caught them in it.

Only person left to fill is safety who was too deep. LOTS of open space on the D right. Matthews can't have both gaps.

Pakers might have been playing a Dolphin tendency here, but they were very overcommitted. wist was yelling about unsound two or three weeks ago when the Packers were simply getting outworked in the middle. But this was unsound. I am stunned it didn't hurt more or they did not go back to it. Because Jones was on that run blitz several more times.

Pugger
10-13-2014, 12:49 AM
Don't look now but Perry just about buried a RT in the turf on his bull rush and made RT throw early. The kid has responded well.

It seems like - knock on wood - Perry might finally be healthy and it is showing in his play.

Pugger
10-13-2014, 12:57 AM
Lattimore wasn't having a good game this week.

The reason Jones was in there was because Lattimore got hurt. I hope he's gonna be okay...

3irty1
10-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Unsure of Chicago play, but...

Matthew has outside contain, in this case its the QB. He has to be patient and not crash. From the two plays of this I saw, Jones was next to Matthews and was on a run blitz inside the DT. So DT should have the gap between him and Matthews, but Daniels was crashing inside too. Could have been a stunt, but if so, Dolphins caught them in it.

Only person left to fill is safety who was too deep. LOTS of open space on the D right. Matthews can't have both gaps.

Pakers might have been playing a Dolphin tendency here, but they were very overcommitted. wist was yelling about unsound two or three weeks ago when the Packers were simply getting outworked in the middle. But this was unsound. I am stunned it didn't hurt more or they did not go back to it. Because Jones was on that run blitz several more times.

There are two runs that I can think of where I'm pretty sure Daniels was the culprit. He allowed himself to be completely walled off.

Joemailman
10-13-2014, 08:28 AM

Shields was walking on his own after the game, but he has a knee injury that the Packers will have to re-examine when they return home. Shields said the doctors told him it was the patellar tendon injury.

Asked if he they told him it was torn, which would be a season-ending injury, Shields said no.

"I doubt it," he said. "I don't think so."

Not much real information here. I'm a bit nervous about this injury. He wasn't in the kind of pain that Victor Cruz was in last night after tearing his patella tendon though, so maybe it's not a worst case scenario.

hoosier
10-13-2014, 09:43 AM
It sounds like he didn't have a complete tear. Maybe a partial tear. My uninformed, baseless prediction is that Shields will miss 4-6 weeks.

pbmax
10-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Not much real information here. I'm a bit nervous about this injury. He wasn't in the kind of pain that Victor Cruz was in last night after tearing his patella tendon though, so maybe it's not a worst case scenario.

Victor Cruz looked like he felt his leg was going to disconnect itself. Horrible to watch.

ThunderDan
10-13-2014, 10:10 AM
It also counts as winning game within the magical 4 point margin.

My heart and blood pressure does a lot better with games that don't fit either category.

pbmax
10-13-2014, 10:16 AM
My heart and blood pressure does a lot better with games that don't fit either category.

Yeah, I am not sure a game that makes me happy for the first 6 minutes and then the last 1 minute is a good choice for entertainment.

Joemailman
10-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Victor Cruz looked like he felt his leg was going to disconnect itself. Horrible to watch.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a guy grab his knee in mid-air like he did. That had to be a tough trip home for the Giants last night. At least it was a short one.

pbmax
10-13-2014, 12:00 PM
Michelle Tafoya added to the macabre scene with her report that "she had never heard or seen a player scream that much in agony over an injury". Way to downplay it Michelle.

She then corrected herself mid sentence when she said something like "this must mean that his season is in ... for some tough times" when you know her first thought was to say he was done for the year.

gbgary
10-13-2014, 12:16 PM

yup...shields gave a couple of quotes yesterday to the press specifically mentioning "patellar tendon" but it "wasn't torn."

Bossman641
10-13-2014, 12:20 PM
It sounds like he didn't have a complete tear. Maybe a partial tear. My uninformed, baseless prediction is that Shields will miss 4-6 weeks.

Is this taking into account the packer recovery time of [(original estimate x 2)+2 extra games]?

Freak Out
10-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Ugh...who all was hurt yesterday?

pbmax
10-13-2014, 02:04 PM
Ugh...who all was hurt yesterday?

Lattimore, Shields, Tramontana and Eilliot.

The Packers like to have injuries in position pairs. No one is lonely that way.