PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: @ Dolphins Week 6

pbmax
10-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 7m7 minutes ago
Sam Shields said he felt a little pinch and was told nothing was torn. Said expects they'll look at it tomorrow. Added: "But it hurts"

Harlan Huckleby
10-12-2014, 03:44 PM
Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 7m7 minutes ago
Sam Shields said he felt a little pinch and was told nothing was torn. Said expects they'll look at it tomorrow. Added: "But it hurts"

out for season

Carolina_Packer
10-12-2014, 03:48 PM
So, Shields, Lattimore, Elliott...anyone else, he said, hoping the answer is no.

pbmax
10-12-2014, 03:54 PM
So, Shields, Lattimore, Elliott...anyone else, he said, hoping the answer is no.

Williams got his ankle landed on or rolled up on.

pbmax
10-12-2014, 03:58 PM
M3 PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 15m15 minutes ago
Head Coach Mike McCarthy is now at the podium to talk about the #Packers win. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 14m14 minutes ago
McCarthy: Excellent victory on the road. Knew it'd be tough to play in the heat. Guys played through it. Football team showed grit. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 13m13 minutes ago
McCarthy: The last two series signify what we are about. Grit. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 12m12 minutes ago
McCarthy: Tough environment to play in. Dolphins made big plays in 2nd half -- give the Dolphins credit. #GBvsMIA

McCarthy: Tough environment to play in. Dolphins made big plays in 2nd half -- give the Dolphins credit. #GBvsMIA

McCarthy: This is an excellent character win -- overcoming adversity. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 11m11 minutes ago
McCarthy: Aaron Rodgers is remarkable. He kept battling and extended plays. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 10m10 minutes ago
That's all from Coach McCarthy. Up next: #Packers QB Aaron Rodgers. #GBvsMIA

pbmax
10-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Rodgers PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2m2 minutes ago
#Packers QB Aaron Rodgers is now at the podium. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
Rodgers on game-winning TD: Quarless ran a great route & made the play. #GBvsMIA

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 1m1 minute ago
Aaron Rodgers says Quarless was in his ear most of the day, liked that match-up. Went to him when it mattered most.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 50s50 seconds ago
Rodgers on fake spike: That was some free stylin' there. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 21s21 seconds ago
Rodgers: Davante (Adams) was looking -- almost scored. I told him this would be a big week for him. #GBvsMIA

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 44s44 seconds ago
Rodgers: "You need character wins like this. ... We were able to make enough plays to win."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 19s19 seconds ago
Rodgers: Second half was stagnant, but we had two big plays at the end. We needed guys to make plays and they did. #GBvsMIA

Rodgers on playing against Dolphins HC Joe Philbin: It was a cat & mouse game, but we had guys make plays. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 13s14 seconds ago
Rodgers: Took a lot of hits, but was able to hang in there and make plays. #GBvsMIA

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 29s29 seconds ago
Rodgers on 100th game: I'd like to play another 100. #GBvsMIA #Packers

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 15s15 seconds ago
That's all from Rodgers. Stay tuned to http://packers.com for continuing coverage of the #Packers 27-24 victory in Miami. #GBvsMIA

Joemailman
10-12-2014, 04:51 PM
On the winning play, Adams drew double coverage in the middle which left Quarless 1 on 1. Respect for the rookie!

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2347828/rodtd.0.gif

pbmax
10-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 35m35 minutes ago
What was communicated to Adams before fake spike? "Little subtle signals. We have a million of them. You just have to see the right thing.”

denverYooper
10-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 3m3 minutes ago
Aaron Rodgers has 15 TDs and 1 INT. That's the most TDs with 1 or fewer in INTS in the first six games, per @EliasSports

red
10-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 3m3 minutes ago
Aaron Rodgers has 15 TDs and 1 INT. That's the most TDs with 1 or fewer in INTS in the first six games, per @EliasSports

The stat they showed last week about his TD to int ratio being more then one whole poiny better then the next best guy in history is just scary awesome

Arod was like 3.5. #2 was steve young or someone like that with something around a 2.5

Just amazing

If someone walked up to you 15 years ago and said "yeah 3 time Mvp brett favre is good, but wait till you see the next guy", every packer fan in the world would have laughed at that guy. Kicked him in the balls, and then pissed on him

Who'd have thought? We not only pulled a san fran, but we did it better

pbmax
10-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 56s57 seconds ago
Tough matchup for Bulaga against Wake. On the winning TD, Bulaga leveled Wake. Huge block.

DannoMac21
10-12-2014, 07:52 PM
If someone walked up to you 15 years ago and said "yeah 3 time Mvp brett favre is good, but wait till you see the next guy", every packer fan in the world would have laughed at that guy. Kicked him in the balls, and then pissed on him

Lmao.

Haven't posted in here in a while, love the post and love the avatar even more. Gonna be a shitstorm, Rand.

EDIT: How do I get rid of this Larry Fitz signature?

Guiness
10-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 56s57 seconds ago
Tough matchup for Bulaga against Wake. On the winning TD, Bulaga leveled Wake. Huge block.

Ended up leveling him, but it was a close thing. Wake had the edge, and I'd say Bulaga lunged and was lucky to get the better of him on that play.

Joemailman
10-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Lmao.

Haven't posted in here in a while, love the post and love the avatar even more. Gonna be a shitstorm, Rand.

settings/edit signature. Then just remove the url and hit save signature. I think.

pbmax
10-12-2014, 08:12 PM
On the winning play, Adams drew double coverage in the middle which left Quarless 1 on 1. Respect for the rookie!

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/upload828/rodtd.0.gif

M3 said they ran this formation earlier and the Dolphins had doubled the slot that time as well. So they suspected this was coming. Rodney Harrison asked why the Dolphins, after a TO, were in man defense in the end zone.

Guiness
10-12-2014, 08:15 PM

Also interesting that it's him, and not Cobb in there. Quarless and Nelson split wide, with Adams in the slot, right?

pbmax
10-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Also interesting that it's him, and not Cobb in there. Quarless and Nelson split wide, with Adams in the slot, right?

Double slots I think is what McCarthy said.

hoosier
10-12-2014, 08:25 PM

There were two left, two right. I am guessing Nelson and Cobb were the guys on the left.

Joemailman
10-12-2014, 08:30 PM
There were two left, two right. I am guessing Nelson and Cobb were the guys on the left.

Cobb was wide left, Jordy left slot, Adams right slot.

red
10-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Lmao.

gotta watch out for the shit hawks now

pbmax
10-12-2014, 09:11 PM
gotta watch out for the shit hawks now

Also, just when everyone was writing him off, Jerry has a good Cowboys team.

pbmax
10-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Prior to Packers game, with a bye week to prep, Dolphins O were:

passing yards (848) or 212 yards per game.
running yards (569) or 142 ypg.
points (96) or 24 ppg.

Packers D yielded 24 points, 231 passing yards (with a half of backup CBs) and 112 yards on the ground. On the road.

343 total yards, 55 plays, 6.2 per play. That is a little high.

pbmax
10-12-2014, 10:29 PM
"You see that ball on the ground, especially in a 2-minute drill you just go and get that (expletive) ball," Lang said.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/joe-philbin-helps-miami-create-havoc-in-the-trenches-vs-packers-b99369606z1-278967561.html#packers

Zool
10-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Cobb was wide left, Jordy left slot, Adams right slot.

Right before the snap I yelled "THERE'S AN LB ON GODS GIFTS! THROW IT THERE!"

My wife was understandably confused.

denverYooper
10-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Right before the snap I yelled "THERE'S AN LB ON GODS GIFTS! THROW IT THERE!"

My wife was understandably confused.

In some religions, speaking in tongues is a blessing.

Packer fandom is one of them.

pbmax
10-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 30m30 minutes ago
CB Tramon Williams has "no major damage" to his ankle, source says. Only "some swelling." Not sure on timetable yet. #packers

denverYooper
10-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5m5 minutes ago
McCarthy says after talking to Dr. McKenzie, none of the #Packers' injuries (Tramon, Shields, Lattimore) are long-term injuries.

denverYooper
10-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
That’s what it looked like. He can play. RT @RobDemovsky: McCarthy: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix played his best game as a Packer.

denverYooper
10-13-2014, 04:22 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 3m3 minutes ago
McCarthy on what he thought after the final TD: 3 seconds are still on the clock.

Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 6m6 minutes ago
McCarthy on his reax after the TD: "Three seconds are still on the clock. I wish I could enjoy these games more than I do."

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 6m6 minutes ago
McCarthy on reaction after game-winning TD: "Still 3 seconds on the clock. Wish I could enjoy these more. ... It wears me out." #Packers

denverYooper
10-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Rob Demovsky ‏@RobDemovsky 16s16 seconds ago
McCarthy: "Aaron's had great performances I wouldn't know where to start but a couple plays he made on that last series were extraordinary."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 46s46 seconds ago
"Thats the grit of the position," MM says of Rodgers' pass to Nelson on fourth down, knowing he's going to get drilled.

Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 50s50 seconds ago
McCarthy on if this was one of Rodgers' best games: "It's definitely one of his best performances. He's had some phenomenal football games."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
McCarthy on Rodgers' fake spike: I'm just glad Davante (Adams) was looking at him.

denverYooper
10-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Paul Imig ‏@Paulimig 2m2 minutes ago
More McCarthy on Clay Matthews: "Production will come. History will show you it usually comes in chunks." #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 3m3 minutes ago
MM on Matthews after zero tackles; Comfortable with ways he's playing, grades have been consistent. Liked OLB rotation.

McCarthy: I'm very comfortable with the way Clay (Matthews) is playing. Grades are consistent. He's a big-time player. Production will come.

pbmax
10-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Mostly duplicated dY's stuff, but I was distracted from packer rat work by actual work for a while and had to come back to M3 PC.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 1m1 minute ago
McCarthy says after talking to Dr. McKenzie, none of the #Packers' injuries (Tramon, Shields, Lattimore) are long-term injuries.

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 3m3 minutes ago
McCarthy has no timelines on Shields and Williams. Says they'll see what they can do on Wednesday.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18s18 seconds ago
MM on emotions of winning TD "Three seconds are still on the clock." Wished he could have enjoyed more.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 31m31 minutes ago
MM on Rodgers extending plays: "You can't have your cake and eat it too" he says about the risk-reward.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 32m32 minutes ago
That’s what it looked like. He can play. RT @RobDemovsky: McCarthy: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix played his best game as a Packer.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 31m31 minutes ago
MM on defense's lapse: Too many missed tackles - 80 percent in second half. (Apparently, he counted 10 misses, as did I in review story.)

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 30m30 minutes ago
MM on aftereffects of heat: "You have to be smart about it." Hints they might practice less on Wednesday.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 29m29 minutes ago
"Thats the grit of the position," MM says of Rodgers' pass to Nelson on fourth down, knowing he's going to get drilled.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 27m27 minutes ago
MM on Matthews after zero tackles; Comfortable with ways he's playing, grades have been consistent. Liked OLB rotation.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 27m27 minutes ago
Quarless walking "with more hip in his hop." ... "People tend to forget" some of the plays he's made.

?? !! ??

Joemailman
10-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Anybody else think Dolphins were doing a good job of timing Rodgers' snap cadence? Probably because of Philbin's familiarity with Rodgers? I don't know that I've seen a team come off the snap as quick as they did all day yesterday.

HarveyWallbangers
10-13-2014, 06:02 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 5m5 minutes ago

So, that means they are out 4-6 weeks, huh?

Joemailman
10-13-2014, 06:05 PM
So, that means they are out 4-6 weeks, huh?

I'm thinking when they come back from their bye week to play the Bears Nov. 9 which would be 4 weeks.

Tyrion Lannister
10-13-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm thinking when they come back from their bye week to play the Bears Nov. 9 which would be 4 weeks.

They need to be back for the Saints.

Joemailman
10-13-2014, 06:18 PM
They need to be back for the Saints.

That would help, but you don't want to rush it. The Packers can still lose a couple games and have a shot at a 1st round bye. I won't worry too much if they lose at New Orleans. Winning home games against the Bears and Eagles is more important.

pbmax
10-13-2014, 09:58 PM
Anybody else think Dolphins were doing a good job of timing Rodgers' snap cadence? Probably because of Philbin's familiarity with Rodgers? I don't know that I've seen a team come off the snap as quick as they did all day yesterday.

That is on Linsley and its a rookie thing I bet. KYPack can speak to this but some teams use a multiple choice count on silent counts as well.

Its based on the center and can be yelled out, counted or head bobbed. Center gets the second go leg kick from the QB and he looks up. Linsley hikes the ball on a one count always. That's what Lynch was trying to point out during his game broadcast. Nothing to do with film.

Linsley needs to be give the ability to adjust that sequence and count to two or three before the snap. Right now its predictable. But they may not want to give him even more responsibility.

And this will be a problem in loud road venues for the rest of the season. See Lions, Detroit and Seachickens, Seattle.

Pugger
10-14-2014, 09:00 AM
That is on Linsley and its a rookie thing I bet. KYPack can speak to this but some teams use a multiple choice count on silent counts as well.

Its based on the center and can be yelled out, counted or head bobbed. Center gets the second go leg kick from the QB and he looks up. Linsley hikes the ball on a one count always. That's what Lynch was trying to point out during his game broadcast. Nothing to do with film.

Linsley needs to be give the ability to adjust that sequence and count to two or three before the snap. Right now its predictable. But they may not want to give him even more responsibility.

And this will be a problem in loud road venues for the rest of the season. See Lions, Detroit and Seachickens, Seattle.

Besides letting the play clock go to almost zero every damn time Lynch also mentioned AR lifts his right foot heel before the snap. Does Aaron do this at home or only on the road to help WRs know the snap is coming because of crowd noise? If he is doing this defenders are gonna pick up on this and this could have been another reason why the O line stunk on Sunday.

hoosier
10-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Besides letting the play clock go to almost zero every damn time Lynch also mentioned AR lifts his right foot heel before the snap. Does Aaron do this at home or only on the road to help WRs know the snap is coming because of crowd noise? If he is doing this defenders are gonna pick up on this and this could have been another reason why the O line stunk on Sunday.

I haven't watched ARod closely enough to be sure, but I would be shocked if it turned out that the foot lift always means "snap it now." Their communication system has to be more sophisticated than that.

denverYooper
10-14-2014, 09:27 AM

Every QB does that when they're working with a silent count. Sometimes it's just a dummy signal and sometimes it's a sign to the center to start his count, whatever that might be.

Guiness
10-14-2014, 09:33 AM
Moreno is out for the season, tore his ACL. He played into the 3rd quarter, don't remember seeing him go down.

Guiness
10-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Rodgers PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 19s19 seconds ago
Rodgers: Second half was stagnant, but we had two big plays at the end. We needed guys to make plays and they did. #GBvsMIA

Second half was stagnant? lol, what does he want? 4 possessions, scored 3 times!

The interesting thing is that McCarthy decided to put the game in the D's hands by kicking off with 4 minutes left. Miami had scored 3 straight TDs in to start the 2nd half, followed by a punt. They must've been pretty confident they sorted out the changed Miami made at half time.

Guiness
10-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18s18 seconds ago
MM on emotions of winning TD "Three seconds are still on the clock." Wished he could have enjoyed more.

Does the clock run on 2pt conversions? I know it doesn't on XP attempts, I would assume it's the same for a 2pt try.

The Dolphins kept that game of keep-away going for a lot longer than was comfortable. Scary to see guys scrambling around like that, no gap control or anything left.

pbmax
10-14-2014, 11:25 AM
Lifting the foot (usually twice) is the silent count. Used on the road in shotgun and occasionally under center if its REALLY loud.

pbmax
10-14-2014, 11:27 AM
Does the clock run on 2pt conversions? I know it doesn't on XP attempts, I would assume it's the same for a 2pt try.

The Dolphins kept that game of keep-away going for a lot longer than was comfortable. Scary to see guys scrambling around like that, no gap control or anything left.

Yes, that was what was posted after I suggested taking a 2 point try and running to the other end zone to run out the clock. Next time Davante needs to fall out of bounds slower. :lol:

Guiness
10-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Yes, that was what was posted after I suggested taking a 2 point try and running to the other end zone to run out the clock. Next time Davante needs to fall out of bounds slower. :lol:

I'm surprised we don't see this happen then. Bush lined up deep, hand off to Lacy to runs to about the 50 and takes a knee, with the ST gunners between him and the goal line in case something crazy happens.

Carolina_Packer
10-14-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm surprised we don't see this happen then. Bush lined up deep, hand off to Lacy to runs to about the 50 and takes a knee, with the ST gunners between him and the goal line in case something crazy happens.

That, plus the "free styling" spike would have had everyone talking about this strategy. I remember recently a team being pinned deep in their own territory, being forced to punt, but having a lead greater than 2 and time running out. The punter ran around to kill the clock and ran out of the back of the end zone. Genius!

Guiness
10-14-2014, 01:55 PM
That, plus the "free styling" spike would have had everyone talking about this strategy. I remember recently a team being pinned deep in their own territory, being forced to punt, but having a lead greater than 2 and time running out. The punter ran around to kill the clock and ran out of the back of the end zone. Genius!

You'd want to have the right punter for that, pretty quick (not a common punter trait!), he has to get out the back of the endzone before he gets caught and stripped of the ball.

hoosier
10-14-2014, 02:18 PM

Clock does not run on PAT, regardless of whether it's a kick or 2 pt attempt.

channtheman
10-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Clock does not run on PAT, regardless of whether it's a kick or 2 pt attempt.

Came to say this. Not sure where the idea that the clock runs on a two point conversion came from.