PDA

View Full Version : Officail 2014 fire Campen thread

MadScientist
10-13-2014, 01:42 PM
Against defensive lines that were not depleted or just plain sucked, the Packers OL has had performances that spanned the gamut from getting schooled to shitting the bed. I thought the Packers may have turned the corner after having the OL suck for the first quarter of the season, but no such luck.

More than anything else the shitty play of the offensive line will hold the Packers back this year. Every year we see the same incompetent play from the OL to start the season. I'm not asking for 3 yard wide holes and 10 seconds for pass plays, just serviceable play.

God dammit to fucking hell fire James Campen now.

Freak Out
10-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Should we do a combo thread with Slocum added in or just keep them separate?

Carolina_Packer
10-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Against defensive lines that were not depleted or just plain sucked, the Packers OL has had performances that spanned the gamut from getting schooled to shitting the bed. I thought the Packers may have turned the corner after having the OL suck for the first quarter of the season, but no such luck.

More than anything else the shitty play of the offensive line will hold the Packers back this year. Every year we see the same incompetent play from the OL to start the season. I'm not asking for 3 yard wide holes and 10 seconds for pass plays, just serviceable play.

I wonder if Bulaga is more banged up than what is known. I realize that Dallas had to suffer through a lot of mediocrity to land 3 first round picks on their OL, but they have re-tooled and you see the benefit. Bulaga is always hurt, Lang is solid, and the closest thing to a mauler that the Packers have, Linsley/Tretter are young and trying to establish, Sitton is entrenched and probably the most consistent guy we have, and Bahktiari is a second year guy who is up and down.

MM is famously loyal, so unless it's an epidemic (and not just a bad stretch), I wouldn't expect to see Campen get canned. Look at how challenged they've been to get the D right for years, and Capers is still there. A-Rod really saves our bacon.

MadScientist
10-13-2014, 02:17 PM
I wonder if Bulaga is more banged up than what is known. I realize that Dallas had to suffer through a lot of mediocrity to land 3 first round picks on their OL, but they have re-tooled and you see the benefit. Bulaga is always hurt, Lang is solid, and the closest thing to a mauler that the Packers have, Linsley/Tretter are young and trying to establish, Sitton is entrenched and probably the most consistent guy we have, and Bahktiari is a second year guy who is up and down.

MM is famously loyal, so unless it's an epidemic (and not just a bad stretch), I wouldn't expect to see Campen get canned. Look at how challenged they've been to get the D right for years, and Capers is still there. A-Rod really saves our bacon.

Epidemic? Hell it's endemic. Every damn year they start off like complete shit. They sorta figure things out by the end of the year, but that is too little too late, and even then when the hit a good DL in the playoffs, they fail. Other teams can plug a journeyman in and still compete. Here even starters look like journeymen or worse. I don't expect Campen to get fired, but he should.

Pugger
10-13-2014, 03:13 PM
I'm gonna blame some of our O line woes on Rodgers/MM and not for what you think. Why in the hell do we always screw around moving people and protection schemes at the LOS while the play clock is dwindling down to zero every damn time? By the time we finally snap the ball everyone in the stadium knows we gotta snap it so the D linemen get a jump on our guys. How many times have we had to burn timeouts because of this nonsense? There was one time Aaron got sacked before he knew could look downfield because Wake skirted around Bak in an instance. This isn't what a no huddle is suppose to do. Drives me crazy. :x

red
10-13-2014, 03:32 PM
Once again it seems like the sum of all the parts are not adding up to where it should be

That has to come down to coaching, and more specifically, campen

Wake looked like a HOFer yesterday, they also mentioned that he had his first sack since game one. A-rod just should not be running for his life on every single play, and our rbs should not be getting hit in the backfield on most carries behind a line of bahk, bulaga, sitton and lang

Theres too much talent there for them to be this bad yet again this year

pbmax
10-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Once again it seems like the sum of all the parts are not adding up to where it should be

That has to come down to coaching, and more specifically, campen

Wake looked like a HOFer yesterday, they also mentioned that he had his first sack since game one. A-rod just should not be running for his life on every single play, and our rbs should not be getting hit in the backfield on most carries behind a line of bahk, bulaga, sitton and lang

Theres too much talent there for them to be this bad yet again this year

Well, his first 2 sacks were against New England, so maybe he likes to prove himself against good teams and took the Buffalo, Kansas City and Oakland games off.

Or it could be that McCarthy does not like to chip with backs and TEs, preferring to get them out into the route.

That leaves Bulaga out there on an island against a guy who All Pro 2 years ago and has been to 3 Pro Bowls.

Not to mention his injured knee three games ago.

Bretsky
10-13-2014, 06:40 PM
Campen is an average coach; nothing close to getting fired IMO.

Tyrion Lannister
10-13-2014, 07:02 PM
The interior defensive line has been underachieving this year. Still having problems stopping the run up the middle.

Fire Mike Trgovac?

smuggler
10-13-2014, 09:36 PM
If they don't switch to Tretter when he comes back, I am going to be upset. Linsley has been alright, but they should always play best player available. Remember that concept?

pbmax
10-13-2014, 09:53 PM
If they don't switch to Tretter when he comes back, I am going to be upset. Linsley has been alright, but they should always play best player available. Remember that concept?

They have been very happy with Linsley, I don't think they switch.

Bretsky
10-13-2014, 10:05 PM

Lindsay has been solid; I'd be hesitant to give Tretter back the job unless he's outperforming in practice and a few game sets.

At least we are two strong there as opposed to ILB

pbmax
10-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Lindsay has been solid; I'd be hesitant to give Tretter back the job unless he's outperforming in practice and a few game sets.

Tretter to ILB. I like the way you think.

Carolina_Packer
10-13-2014, 11:05 PM
They have been very happy with Linsley, I don't think they switch.

If Linsley stays there for many years then Tretter=Wally Pipp

Guiness
10-14-2014, 10:48 AM

Thing is, I don't see them giving Tretter an opportunity to get snaps with the 1's in practice and outperform Linsley. Since Linsley has performed well, I don't see them making that change part way through the season, not on the OL.

Joemailman
10-14-2014, 10:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtfCRaNg5EU

Rutnstrut
10-14-2014, 11:52 PM

Unless Linsley starts to play really bad, or gets banged up that would make very little sense. Linsley is playing well, they have some continuity on the line, and Tretter would have to work back into playing shape which could take a few games. I don't want to see him doing that late in the season when they need everyone playing their best football.