PDA

View Full Version : Week 7 Other Games Thread

Cheesehead Craig
10-16-2014, 09:28 PM
Nick Folk, Chris Ivory and Shane Vereen all good fantasy plays so far.

Tyrion Lannister
10-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Nick Folk, Chris Ivory and Shane Vereen all good fantasy plays so far.

I thought Nick Folk was a QB for the Bald Eagles. :whaa:

Fritz
10-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Right now, I'm really concerned that the Lions are the real deal. I'll be keeping an eye on their game (at home) against the Saints.

That Lion defense is really playing well. When you read their quotes in the papers here in Detroit, they talk about feeling like no one can score on them. They talk about how aggressive and confident they are.

You talk to the Packer defenders, they're talking about adjusting schemes and keeping to your assignments and adjusting to the offense. It's a depressing comparison.

Now, the Lion offense is struggling, and Johnson probably won't play again Sunday. But their offensive line though not playing well now is probably better than GB's, and I'd rather have a team that has a stellar defense and whose offense is coming along and has potential, especially with a receiver like Megatron.

Dammit.

Guiness
10-17-2014, 08:35 AM
Jets blew it big time last night. The game was well within reach, and they couldn't put it away. The Jets had an inexplicable drive early in the 4th quarter. Starts with the punt returner walking away from a ball that was going to land just inside the 20...the ball bounces forward and NE down it at the 7. Then the Jets get a holding penalty on the non-return! Half the distance to the goal, leaving them to start from the 4. Jets drive goes nowhere (one first down due to penalty), the Jets pooch a punt out of bounds and NE gets the ball back in Jets territory.

Jets waste a great game by Ivory. Gino's stat line looks good (20/34, 226yds, 1TD, 0INT) but his play didn't pass the eyeball test at all.

pbmax
10-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Its a Bretsky kinda week:

Joseph Greget ‏@jgreget 10h10 hours ago
“@AP_NFL: 49ers rookie Chris Borland gets first start http://apne.ws/1rK6hdf ” @UWBadgers @TomOatesWSJ

denverYooper
10-19-2014, 02:55 PM
Rams playing to win. Fake punt deep in their own territory and convert on the Seahawks. Lol.

Bossman641
10-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Come on saints

denverYooper
10-19-2014, 03:11 PM
Wow. Brees scrambled for a 1st on 4th and long.

denverYooper
10-19-2014, 03:13 PM
So close to a perfect weekend.

pbmax
10-19-2014, 03:18 PM
I really wish the Saints had won before our game down there.

denverYooper
10-19-2014, 03:18 PM
I really wish the Saints had won before our game down there.

Yes.

pbmax
10-19-2014, 03:19 PM
Well, the Bengals have Bengalled themselves.

denverYooper
10-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Cowboys stadium playing Pantera in transition. Nice.

Tyrion Lannister
10-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Rams beat the fucking Gulls! They're somewhat unlucky but they play hard for the Fisher King.

Last fumble wasn't reviewed.

Gutsy special team calls by the Rams. Fake punt in clutch time. Perfectly executed the "trick" punt return play that the Bears ran on the Packers a few years back - Hester ran opposite the direction of the ball and a Bear receiver/gunner CB named Johnny Cage/Cash/Whatever caught it at the other side and took it to the house (play was called back due to penalty).

Bossman641
10-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Rams beat the fucking Gulls! They're somewhat unlucky but they play hard for the Fisher King.

Last fumble wasn't reviewed.

Gutsy special team calls by the Rams. Fake punt in clutch time. Perfectly executed the "trick" punt return play that the Bears ran on the Packers a few years back - Hester ran opposite the direction of the ball and a Bear receiver/gunner CB named Johnny Cage/Cash/Whatever caught it at the other side and took it to the house (play was called back due to penalty).

Johnny Knox

Tyrion Lannister
10-19-2014, 03:51 PM
Johnny Knox

:mrgreen:

Joemailman
10-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Someone forgot to tell the Bears that playing at home is an advantage. They're 0-3 at home, 3-1 on the road.

pbmax
10-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Its amazing how the Giants offense looks like the bad Packers offense sometimes. Big strike, big strike, snooze, snooze, snooze, scramble. Snooze, snooker, big strike. Look terrible, score 14 points in a half.

pbmax
10-19-2014, 05:10 PM
NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 17m17 minutes ago
Source: Brandon Marshall called out Jay Cutler after the Bears loss today »

King Friday
10-19-2014, 05:23 PM
The Bears seem to be a team on the verge of implosion.

pbmax
10-19-2014, 07:02 PM
The Giants aren't world beaters this year, but I think the damn Cowboys are for real this year.

pbmax
10-19-2014, 07:03 PM
The Bears seem to be a team on the verge of implosion.

Deadspin agrees. Maybe not a dramatic as an implosion though.

http://deadspin.com/bears-lose-at-home-postgame-locker-room-ugly-scene-1648231172

Bonus though, trouble in Seahawks locker room over Harvin ouster.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 1h1 hour ago
Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman claim they saw no evidence of Percy Harvin not fitting in http://wp.me/p14QSB-9BBY

pbmax
10-19-2014, 07:03 PM
Ben Muth ‏@FO_wordofmuth 2h2 hours ago
He whispered the words alone & in the dark. To say them aloud would betray societal expectations. "NFL Executive of the Year, Jerry Jones"

TWEET OF THE YEAR

pbmax
10-19-2014, 07:18 PM
Broncos versus 49ers. Almost as bad as Steelers versus Cowboys.

Joemailman
10-19-2014, 08:28 PM
49ers receivers with a couple terrible drops tonight.

Striker
10-19-2014, 08:47 PM
And there goes the record.

Carolina_Packer
10-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Wow, Chris Borland getting run over on that goal line score by Denver. I think it was pad-level that got him.

pbmax
10-19-2014, 09:59 PM
I have decided I am enjoying the Bronco win rather than the other way around. But its close as Elway is still with the Broncos.

AND IN OTHER NEWS

Don Banks @DonBanks · 39m 39 minutes ago
A classic stat: RT @LATimesfarmer: Victories at Soldier Field in 2014: Blackhawks 1, Bears 0.

3irty1
10-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Denver is probably the team I'd least like to play right now. The Miller/Ware pass rush made the 49ers line look pedestrian. The Thomas duo is so so so good and Peyton gets the most out of them.

Dallas is looking dangerous and while they may be for real but I don't really want to say they aren't terribly scary. Its hard to imagine them getting any better, they have no room for improvement. Seems like they can only get worse by playoff time although even then, they've got the kind of offense that can make every game a coin flip.

In contrast the Packers are pretty good right now but what makes them scary is all the room they still have for improvement. If their running game can play somewhere near its potential they'll have something special.

I think Indy is going to stop being underrated real soon. The Chargers are a great team, would be awesome to see them vs Denver in the playoffs.

Fritz
10-20-2014, 01:50 PM
That Lion defense is starting to look special. Dang. If Megatron comes back healthy, this team could be scary.

Guiness
10-20-2014, 04:05 PM
That Lion defense is starting to look special. Dang. If Megatron comes back healthy, this team could be scary.

Golden Tate, unexpectedly to many, has become a solid #2WR and carrying the load of a #1 quite well while Johnson is out/hobbled.

denverYooper
10-20-2014, 04:54 PM
I don't have a good reason for it, other than my homerism, but I could easily see Rodgers lighting the Lions up in the playoffs if they meet. Like Atlanta in 2010.

Their defense is tough, and has gotten after him, but he's dealt them some pain too. The only defense that has consistently been able to keep AR in check was Lovie's.

3irty1
10-20-2014, 05:04 PM
I don't have a good reason for it, other than my homerism, but I could easily see Rodgers lighting the Lions up in the playoffs if they meet. Like Atlanta in 2010.

Their defense is tough, and has gotten after him, but he's dealt them some pain too. The only defense that has consistently been able to keep AR in check was Lovie's.

Problem is the next time we play them won't be the playoffs. Although I agree. Its hard to imagine losing to them in Lambeau somehow. The old Lions don't pull out the win they did vs New Orleans though. These guys are different.

pbmax
10-20-2014, 06:03 PM
You could have won serious money off me by betting Caldwell would be better for his team than Trestman this year.

channtheman
10-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Problem is the next time we play them won't be the playoffs. Although I agree. Its hard to imagine losing to them in Lambeau somehow. The old Lions don't pull out the win they did vs New Orleans though. These guys are different.

The old Lions have started many seasons 5-2, 6-2, whatever before caving in the 2nd half of the season. I wouldn't give them any credit yet.

Guiness
10-20-2014, 06:58 PM
Shazier inactive for the Steelers tonight. Anyone know if he's hurt of just not dressing? I'd guess the former.

Jumal Rolle also not playing. Oh, and a 'clown' something or other guy as well, but that shouldn't matter, he hasn't played all season. Maybe he has a migraine.

Guiness
10-20-2014, 08:53 PM
That's the most messed up play I've seen in a while. A toss sweep reversal to a flanker, who throws a left handed pass for a TD.

This pink shit is pissing me off.

channtheman
10-20-2014, 08:54 PM
Early on it looked like we might have another blowout on a primetime game. It still looks that way only all of a sudden the Steelers are up 11. There's still 14 seconds in the half, just enough time to fumble the kickoff and allow one more TD.

channtheman
10-20-2014, 10:00 PM
Good Lord Jon Gruden is a dumbass. He just claimed that JJ Watt didn't get the big contract because of the sacks, tackles, batted passes, or otherwise on field results. No it was because he tries hard. No Jon, I'm pretty sure the results on the field are why he got the monster contract.