PDA

View Full Version : Hawks deal Harvin

denverYooper
10-17-2014, 05:00 PM
To J-E-T-S

NFL on ESPN ‏@ESPNNFL 23m23 minutes ago
BREAKING: The Seahawks have traded Percy Harvin to the Jets for a conditional pick (via @JayGlazer)

Charles Robinson ‏@CharlesRobinson 3m3 minutes ago
Seattle never solved how to use Percy Harvin. Paid him a bundle, gave up a top draft choice. Sizable blunder by front office/coaching staff.

Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt 5m5 minutes ago
Remember scout telling me Harvin was special talent with "maintenance" issues. Evidently issues outweighed talent for @Seahawks

Kevin Seifert ‏@SeifertESPN 8m8 minutes ago
Will repeat what I've always said: Weird things happen around Percy Harvin. Today: Random Friday trade to #Jets.

Football Perspective ‏@fbgchase 9m9 minutes ago
And lost a #1. @AlbertBreer In the end, the Seahawks spent roughly $18.4 million on Percy Harvin, who played in a total of 8 games for them

Don Banks ‏@DonBanks 11m11 minutes ago
I'm guessing whatever Harvin was guilty of in Seattle, he realizes he pushed it too far. From the Seahawks to the Jets. Not a good move.

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 16m16 minutes ago
Not sure if people tweeting that Harvin won the Seahawks the Super Bowl remember that they won by approximately 65 points.

Bruce Irvin ‏@BIrvin_WVU11 9m9 minutes ago
Shit crazy

Joemailman
10-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Did somebody refuse to take their adderall?

red
10-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Wow

Kids got talent, but i wouldnt want my team pissing away money on him

Guiness
10-17-2014, 05:42 PM
I guess that light at the end of the tunnel was a freight train after all. Did not see this coming at all.

I know he hasn't been that effective for them this season, witness his 3 rushes for -1 yards and 3 catches for 0 net yards vs Dallas. You'd never have known it when he played the Packers though, sure seemed like he ate their lunch running out of the backfield.

SMBASS
10-17-2014, 06:21 PM
If true, these accusations may help explain a lot.

@LanceZierlein: Heard “anger management” had quite a bit to do w/ Harvin’s departure in Seattle.

@LanceZierlein: History of confrontations w/ teammates contd in SEA according to my guy including punching G Tate during SB week & near fight w/ #3 in ‘14

@LanceZierlein: I was told “Harvin’s anger issues are just too much to deal with and he could single handedly bring down team chemistry”. Wow. Unreal.

@LanceZierlein: I was told “Go find a team picture from Super Bowl and you can still see part of the black eye Tate got from Harvin" ( I looked up a picture of him holding the Super Bowl trophy and sure enough you can see that his left eye is still black and puffed up.)

@LanceZierlein: @Patchmc42 Things got a little funky when Wilson challenged him about his attitude. I was told SEA was worried about Wilson after that.

@LanceZierlein: Here are two tweets I just got from NFL personnel guys: “Literally heard minutes ago what you tweeted. Crazy. Jets didn’t do their homework"

@LanceZierlein: Also got this text minutes ago: “Seattle just suckered the Jets. That GM is clueless”. Yikes.

pbmax
10-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Did not expect this. You must be a real piece of work to piss of Pete Carroll.

Cheesehead Craig
10-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Between his mental and physical issues, I'd put the Over/Under on how many games he actually plays for the Jets: 10

gbgary
10-17-2014, 07:42 PM
evidently he's some sort of migraine to deal with.

Guiness
10-17-2014, 07:45 PM
I'll stand alone and say I think the Jets didn't do too badly here.

I think it's some risk high reward for them. They were under the cap and had to spend, didn't give up a boatload of picks and have zero dead money if they cut him at any point. Compare this trade to the one that got the Raiders Carson Palmer, and the Jets made out like bandits.

Rastak
10-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Did not expect this. You must be a real piece of work to piss of Pete Carroll.

Stories coming out of Minnesota was this dude was one helluva piece of work. One could argue Childress could do that with anyone but when he stood and screamed at Les Frazier, the nicest fellow in the world, I knew he was a unique sort of piece of shit......this is the final word on that I think.

King Friday
10-17-2014, 08:35 PM

The Jets can't do much worse than they already have. However, if the Seahawks are willing to dump him for only a mid-round draft pick, he has to be way out in the deep end of the pool.

smuggler
10-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Gave up what is probably a 4th rounder and at most a 2nd. Glad the Seahawks didn't get much back for him

Rastak
10-17-2014, 08:40 PM

I think it's some risk high reward for them. They were under the cap and had to spend, didn't give up a boatload of picks and have zero dead money if they cut him at any point. Compare this trade to the one that got the Raiders Carson Palmer, and the Jets made out like bandits.

High reward if your team can withstand a major cancer......if the Seahawks can't. you really in your heart of hearts think this will end well for the Jets? Maybe short term.......

KYPack
10-17-2014, 09:14 PM
I had heard Harvin was moody, but I really didn't have a clue he was this nuts.

Sumbitch can fly, but he probably needs to be kept in isolation until gameday, from the sound of it.

Carolina_Packer
10-18-2014, 06:42 AM
evidently he's some sort of migraine to deal with.

That's the first thing I thought of when he got traded. I know that he has long dealt with migraine issues, and there does appear to be a link between migraines and bi-polar disorder (manic depression).

The tough part is, you're trying to run a team and win games, so while you want to be understanding, I bet separation is the easiest option. Plus, the chicken/egg question with this is how much of his personality is affected by his condition, and is he treating it?

Ask Brandon Marshall about his hell dealing with mental health issues. In 2006 we picked Will Blackmon just a few picks before Denver picked Brandon Marshall. If Marshall had his issues under control, no doubt he would have gone higher than 4th round. Even if the Packers had picked him in place of Blackmon that year, there's no telling if he would have lasted in Green Bay, given the issues he was facing. I'm glad he got it together and got the help he needed to manage his condition.

I hope Harvin can get it together as well. Too much talent and not enough time in one's career, though obviously getting treated is more important. Perhaps Harvin will now take a long look at himself, and the fact that he's been traded twice.

pbmax
10-18-2014, 09:14 AM
Read this guy's timeline: https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein

Harvin apparently got into a fight with Golden Tate and gave him a black eye before the Super Bowl.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0LwZLSCIAAUXzV.png:large

Bretsky
10-18-2014, 09:19 AM
The Jets GM looks like a real idiot here
He got rid of Santonio Holmes because he was a bad person and locker room cancer
He's on the hot seat so now they bring in a much more fatal version in Percy Harvin

AFTER

They passed up on signing DeSean Jackson for less money

I'm not a big fan of Jackson's character either but he's a Saint compared to Harvin

pbmax
10-18-2014, 09:28 AM
He is a standard issue WR diva compared to Harvin. Might be more similar to Holmes, but if you rotate them every year or two, the crazy doesn't linger too bad.

pbmax
10-18-2014, 01:04 PM
Seahawks get, at best, a 4th round pick back for Percival. John Schneider has a pouty face now.

http://media.thenewstribune.com/smedia/2014/01/24/22/01/Woexg.AuSt.5.JPG

Guiness
10-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Seahawks get, at best, a 4th round pick back for Percival. John Schneider has a pouty face now.

At best a fourth? Initially I thought it could become a 3rd or even 2nd. Not much to be sure, and I've seen where it could be as low as a 6th.

This looks incredibly bad for Harvin. When Minny traded him for multiple picks, it could be interpreted to think they were a team that had multiple needs, and he was an asset to be dealt. The Vikings also kept their collective mouths shut. Seattle is poised for another SB run, and has done anything BUT stay quiet. I've seen a total of one puff piece from Schneider saying 'tough decision, wish him well'.

Guiness
10-18-2014, 02:00 PM
More news coming out - there's a report that Harvin pulled himself from the game in the loss to Dallas this past week-end, wouldn't go back in when coaches asked him to.

red
10-18-2014, 04:20 PM
I just heard on espn radio that he was traded for a 6th round pick, which would turn into a 4th if hes on the roster next year

So that makes it sound like its not even a 2015 draft picks, but a 2016

We'll all be dead from ebola by then

Joemailman
10-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Read this guy's timeline: https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein

Harvin apparently got into a fight with Golden Tate and gave him a black eye before the Super Bowl.

Harvin punched Golden Tate? Well then, he can't be all bad.

Pugger
10-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Harvin punched Golden Tate? Well then, he can't be all bad.

:lol:

Infamous
10-19-2014, 07:05 AM
SMH

Infamous
10-19-2014, 07:07 AM
I just heard on espn radio that he was traded for a 6th round pick, which would turn into a 4th if hes on the roster next year

So that makes it sound like its not even a 2015 draft picks, but a 2016

We'll all be dead from ebola by then

HAHA

Infamous
10-19-2014, 07:17 AM
:lol:

+1

denverYooper
10-19-2014, 07:34 AM
LORD HAVE PERCY!

Infamous
10-19-2014, 07:44 AM
hahaha, good memory DY

and great memories for me

Infamous
10-19-2014, 07:53 AM
While you guys are piling on, Im actually hearing that Harvin's attitude issues are being overblown..FB M. Robinson (who broke up the Tate fight) said PH was "fine" in the locker-room..

his beef with Russell Wilson must certainly be the straw along with their inability to utilize him in standard WR sets (weird btw)

Rastak, I was all over the Vikings when Favre was there and never heard any negative stuff about Percy being "major cancer"

Carolina is correct about the connectedness of bipolar d/o and migraines..and God bless B. Marshall

pbmax
10-19-2014, 09:57 AM
I guess it depends on how major you want your cancer to be, but teams don't dump talent they think will win them game without serious concerns about the stability of the team. And I don't mean that as a compliment to the team. If they could have kept him going, they would have kept him regardless of attitude.

Vikings, accusations of goldbricking in practice after Moss trade: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/05/harvin-childress-get-into-heated-argument/

Vikings, nearly coming to blows with Childress: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/07/vikings-feared-that-percy-was-becoming-another-randy/

Vikings, two heated arguments with HC Frazier and an offseason demand to be traded: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/20/report-harvin-frazier-had-heated-exchange/

Seahawks, took himself out of game and would not return: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/18/reports-harvin-fought-teammates-took-himself-out-on-sunday/

Not to mention that the Seahawks have run the risk of irritating Marshawn Lynch, who was buddies with Harvin.

I don't think most teams pay enough attention to player dynamics to know their nose from a hole in the ground, but there are times he clearly only wants to perform under his own terms. In Seattle, there were questions about how he was being used, Super Bowl not withstanding, and you can see some of them in the Seattle game review here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2235089-nfl-week-7-picks-cowboys-are-surging-but-broncos-are-leading-the-polls

It would appear Harvin doesn't have the skills to convince Bevell that there are better things to do with him than hand the ball of to him for an inside run. That's a failure for both sides but only one stopped competing.

pbmax
10-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Favre has endorsed Harvin as teammate, did allow he could be combative, tough and passionate but a good teammate. Though he was passionate about doing all he could to win, not separate agenda.

But it seems his backers and his detractors have all hit upon a common theme - combative.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/19/favre-says-playing-with-percy-harvin-was-great/

Also,

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 10m10 minutes ago
Despite speculation, Seahawks QB Russell Wilson actually wanted to help Parcy Harvin w anger & trust issues. Team gave up, not Wilson

3irty1
10-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Percy Harvin has to rank among the worst trade horror stories in history. Schneider invested so much for so little then trades him for a microwave burrito. Really speaks to how incredibly red hot his draft cards have been that he can build a champion despite such a blunder.

KYPack
10-19-2014, 09:39 PM
Percy Harvin has to rank among the worst trade horror stories in history. Schneider invested so much for so little then trades him for a microwave burrito. Really speaks to how incredibly red hot his draft cards have been that he can build a champion despite such a blunder.

JSchneider's last two drafts have majorly sucked. The post SB hangover is a part of that, but he has had a gang of whiffs.

This could help me fill my Seattle hate.

Harvin should have gotten a bonus for lighting up Golden Tate.

Fritz
10-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Favre has endorsed Harvin as teammate, did allow he could be combative, tough and passionate but a good teammate. Though he was passionate about doing all he could to win, not separate agenda.

But it seems his backers and his detractors have all hit upon a common theme - combative.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/19/favre-says-playing-with-percy-harvin-was-great/

Also,

Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport 10m10 minutes ago
Despite speculation, Seahawks QB Russell Wilson actually wanted to help Parcy Harvin w anger & trust issues. Team gave up, not Wilson

Look, it's Russell Wilson!!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThMtmqciOCnZruucRB7KaCRzUo-Ry9wcz34ui9iolGz_O1_Xp8

Cheesehead Craig
10-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Heard an interesting tidbit on the radio today. Ben Lieber (former Vikes LB and teammate of Percy) had a good amount of first hand experiences with him. He made the statement that he felt that sometimes the migraine issue was "convenient" at times. Felt that he pulled one over on the Vikes on several occasions with his issues.

pbmax
10-26-2014, 12:16 PM
I hope Golden Tate or Doug Baldwin writes a book about this era's Seahawks just like North Dallas Forty.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/26/report-wilson-knew-harvin-trade-was-coming-almost-a-month-in-advance/

Anyone remember Matt Flynn saying there is no real difference between a player who works hard and a player who works hard to make sure people notice he is working hard? This report, that Wilson was fighting to keep Harvin, seems of a piece with that idea.

red
10-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Heard an interesting tidbit on the radio today. Ben Lieber (former Vikes LB and teammate of Percy) had a good amount of first hand experiences with him. He made the statement that he felt that sometimes the migraine issue was "convenient" at times. Felt that he pulled one over on the Vikes on several occasions with his issues.

Cant say i can remember him missing any time with migranes since he left the queens

That seems ironic

Rutnstrut
10-26-2014, 02:54 PM

That may be true, however as a chronic migraine sufferer I can tell you it's pure hell. People who don't have them, dismiss them as just "headaches" when there is so much more to a migraine. So Lieber could just be giving his opinion of something he has no first hand knowledge of, that would be migraines not Harvin. I can't tell you how many people have said to me, it's just a headache suck it up. These are always the people that have no experience or knowledge of migraines. I wouldn't wish them on anyone, well maybe Brad Jones;)

Rutnstrut
10-26-2014, 02:56 PM
Cant say i can remember him missing any time with migranes since he left the queens

That seems ironic

Often you have good stretches and can also find through tests and trial and error what "triggers" your migraines. Perhaps it was Childress.

Rastak
10-26-2014, 03:08 PM

That seems ironic

I believe he was free of them his last year in Minnesota.

Rutnstrut
10-26-2014, 07:24 PM
I believe he was free of them his last year in Minnesota.

Wasn't that a year without Childress? He may have been his trigger, although it is probably more likely he got the proper treatment once they became a major issue.

denverYooper
10-26-2014, 07:25 PM
Maybe Bevell is the trigger.

Rastak
10-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Wasn't that a year without Childress? He may have been his trigger, although it is probably more likely he got the proper treatment once they became a major issue.

I'm sure Chilly was a trigger...I heard they treated sleep apnea and they ended.

Freak Out
10-26-2014, 09:57 PM
Sounds like Lynch is going Dbag again....won't talk to coach.