PDA

View Full Version : Packers bye week Other games thread - week 9

Guiness
11-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Cardinals at Cowboys has an interesting side story - Weeden is well prepared because Romo doesn't take many reps during the week - and he looks sharp and on target. Cowboys are up by 10.

Wouldn't it be something if Weeden is a viable QB, even if he's just mediocre? Cleveland would look even more...nah, I take that back, that's just not possible.

Pugger
11-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Miami looks pretty good. Maybe they are better than we gave them credit for?

Guiness
11-02-2014, 12:49 PM
Clowney not player, Texans reported to be losing patience. That was the shortest honeymoon with a #1 overall pick since Ki-Jana Carter.

pbmax
11-02-2014, 12:58 PM
That Miami win in Miami looks better every week.

HarveyWallbangers
11-02-2014, 01:07 PM
Jumal Rolle with an interception.

Guiness
11-02-2014, 02:17 PM
Miami up by 30? Rivers about to get sat down. Fox has moved on, showing Jets/KC.

Joemailman
11-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Nick Foles out with clavicle injury. Left side. No word on if it's broken.

Striker
11-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 43m43 minutes ago
For #Eagles QB Nick Foles, I'm told it's a clavicle injury. If it's broken, will be out a while.

Ed Kracz @kracze ยท 34m 34 minutes ago
Hearing that Foles has a broken clavicle. #Eagles

Striker
11-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Giants could be back in the hunt if Romo/Foles have to miss significant time.

Could have two 8-8ish division winners with the East and South.

Guiness
11-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Cardinals at Cowboys has an interesting side story - Weeden is well prepared because Romo doesn't take many reps during the week - and he looks sharp and on target. Cowboys are up by 10.

Wouldn't it be something if Weeden is a viable QB, even if he's just mediocre? Cleveland would look even more...nah, I take that back, that's just not possible.

Ok, I take that back. Weedon sucking ass out there, 2 INTs, less than 50% I think. London next up for them.

George Cumby
11-02-2014, 03:45 PM
NFC is a mess.

Joemailman
11-02-2014, 03:51 PM
NFC is a mess.

NFC is just impossible to predict. Al least a couple of very good teams will miss the playoffs, and any team that does make the playoffs will have a legit chance to go to the Super Bowl. Arizona and New Orleans are probably playing the best right now.

Tyrion Lannister
11-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Den-NE looking like its gonna be a classic.

Striker
11-02-2014, 04:24 PM
NFC is just impossible to predict. Al least a couple of very good teams will miss the playoffs, and any team that does make the playoffs will have a legit chance to go to the Super Bowl. Arizona and New Orleans are probably playing the best right now.

Even though they ended up handling the Panthers, I still think the Saints showed how vulnerable they are on the road. That being said, they should take the South simply because the South is such a mess.

Striker
11-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Broncos putting themselves into a hole.

channtheman
11-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Giants could be back in the hunt if Romo/Foles have to miss significant time.

Could have two 8-8ish division winners with the East and South.

Oh shit, you're right. Fuck the Giants.

pbmax
11-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Den-NE looking like its gonna be a classic.

Yes. Classic Patriots blowing out Manning.

Something had to give because the Broncos pre-Manning usually upset the Patriots.

pbmax
11-02-2014, 06:15 PM
Forget York or Baalke, the Rams are going to drive Harbaugh to Michigan.

channtheman
11-02-2014, 06:15 PM
9er's just blew it at home against the Rams. Nearly 1 minute from the 2 or 3 yard line to score a TD and win the game and Kap fumbles with on a QB sneak attempt.

Tyrion Lannister
11-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Yes. Classic Patriots blowing out Manning.

Something had to give because the Broncos pre-Manning usually upset the Patriots.

P-Mann's setting things up for an epic comeback. :smk:

pbmax
11-02-2014, 06:19 PM
P-Mann's setting things up for an epic comeback. :smk:

I would be all for it.

Striker
11-02-2014, 06:19 PM
That loss could be the dagger in the 49ers playoff hopes. They've got a rough schedule in their next 8 and need to win probably at least 6 of those games to make the playoffs.

Tyrion Lannister
11-02-2014, 06:21 PM
9er's just blew it at home against the Rams. Nearly 1 minute from the 2 or 3 yard line to score a TD and win the game and Kap fumbles with on a QB sneak attempt.

Nonetheless, weird world we live in. The Rams did something the Pack haven't done in like 2 million years: Beat the 69ners and Gulls...with a 3rd string QB. :sad:

denverYooper
11-02-2014, 06:34 PM
That loss could be the dagger in the 49ers playoff hopes. They've got a rough schedule in their next 8 and need to win probably at least 6 of those games to make the playoffs.

I think Aldon Smith comes back for the back half but I agree... that's going to be a tough sled there.

Teamcheez1
11-02-2014, 06:37 PM
I always enjoy Manning getting destroyed at this point in his career. Reminds me of a certain other player I always rooted against as he tried to extend his career.

denverYooper
11-02-2014, 06:41 PM
That Miami win in Miami looks better every week.

Come on PB, everyone here knows the Packers can't win games in hostile environments against physical defenses.

denverYooper
11-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Patriots with huge bend but don't break today... gave up a lot of yards and first downs but only 21 points.

Broncos are like the Packers: live by the sword, die by the sword.

Striker
11-02-2014, 07:07 PM
I think Aldon Smith comes back for the back half but I agree... that's going to be a tough sled there.

He does, but the struggles for the Seahawks and 49ers are on the offensive side of the ball right now.

channtheman
11-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Nonetheless, weird world we live in. The Rams did something the Pack haven't done in like 2 million years: Beat the 69ners and Gulls...with a 3rd string QB. :sad:

Goes back to a conversation my dad and brother were having today. You need a great defense and good special teams even moreso than an elite QB. For as good as A-rod is (he's the difference between us being 6-10 and 10-6/11-5), we won't win another Super Bowl until our defensive and ST issues are fixed. Every time we've played the 49er's, Kaepernick looks unstoppable. Seattle did whatever they wanted to do to us this year.

George Cumby
11-02-2014, 08:22 PM

That actually hurts to read.

Joemailman
11-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Goes back to a conversation my dad and brother were having today. You need a great defense and good special teams even moreso than an elite QB. For as good as A-rod is (he's the difference between us being 6-10 and 10-6/11-5), we won't win another Super Bowl until our defensive and ST issues are fixed. Every time we've played the 49er's, Kaepernick looks unstoppable. Seattle did whatever they wanted to do to us this year.

There's different ways to get it done. If you have a hot QB, you can win with an average defense as Baltimore did in 2012. As for ST, the Packers ST units are better now than they were the last time the Packers won the Super Bowl. That's not an issue. What is and issue is the up and down nature of the Packers defense. At times this year they've played well enough to make the Packers a serious contender. At other times, like last week, not so much. The defense needs to be respectable down the stretch for the Packers to have a chance for a deep playoff run.

Guiness
11-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Harrison is playing? Didn't know he came back, and especially surprised to see him in Pittsburgh. Checked, they signed him for $1M, he playing pretty well tonight.

pbmax
11-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Why is it whenever I see the Steelers in primetime, they look unbeatable?

I still don't actually believe the Packers beat them in the Super Bowl with me watching.

smuggler
11-03-2014, 12:22 AM
Not only that, Packers were en-route to completely romping them before the Collins/Shields/Woodson/Driver injuries.

I will say this... Watching the Broncos get spanked by the Patriots makes me feel a little better about the New Orleans loss...

Good teams at home... when they get the bounces, they usually win.

Pugger
11-03-2014, 06:22 AM
Not only that, Packers were en-route to completely romping them before the Collins/Shields/Woodson/Driver injuries.

I will say this... Watching the Broncos get spanked by the Patriots makes me feel a little better about the New Orleans loss...

Good teams at home... when they get the bounces, they usually win.

Me too, a little better. I thought the Broncos' D was better than that. I fear we are going to have our hands full with NE, especially Gronk. We better bring the house and get after Brady instead of sitting back in coverage like we did in NO while Brees picked us apart or its gonna be a long afternoon.

Tyrion Lannister
11-03-2014, 02:50 PM

NE hasn't lost since they got spanked in Kansas City in week 4. That Hoody Genius sure is a genius: Burned the tape and his team has been dominating since.

Should be a good game VS the Pack. If I don't lose all my money playing poker, I might buy a tix so I could tell my clones someday that I saw Tommy Boy play in person. :)

Guiness
11-03-2014, 03:07 PM
Me too, a little better. I thought the Broncos' D was better than that. I fear we are going to have our hands full with NE, especially Gronk. We better bring the house and get after Brady instead of sitting back in coverage like we did in NO while Brees picked us apart or its gonna be a long afternoon.

On O, Gronk scares me more than the rest of the receivers put together. I don't know how you stop him from moving the chains. Some of the other pieces are ok, but they are just that, pieces.

Zool
11-03-2014, 04:26 PM
On O, Gronk scares me more than the rest of the receivers put together. I don't know how you stop him from moving the chains. Some of the other pieces are ok, but they are just that, pieces.

Injury is the only hope. TE is the Packers achilles heel and he's a monster. Get Jones out there to dive at his knees.

Teamcheez1
11-06-2014, 09:29 PM
The marshmallow is the starting right tackle for the Bengals tonight. He looks as bad as ever.

Joemailman
11-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Andy Dalton was 10-33, 86 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT. Passer rating of 1.957.

smuggler
11-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Shameful. Dalton is not the answer for the Bengals.

KYPack
11-07-2014, 10:31 PM
Andy Dalton was 10-33, 86 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT. Passer rating of 1.957.

That was fugly.

Dalton just missed getting a passer rating of Zero.

He needed one more incompletion to get it.

During the game I was thinking, have Dalton aim at the defenders. That way, when he was way off, it might hit a receiver. Close to the worst QB exhibition I've ever seen.

pbmax
11-07-2014, 11:48 PM
That was fugly.

During the game I was thinking, have Dalton aim at the defenders. That way, when he was way off, it might hit a receiver. Close to the worst QB exhibition I've ever seen.

There could have been 2 more INTs if not for defender drops.

Guiness
11-08-2014, 08:58 AM
That was fugly.

How the hell does something like that happen? Obviously at the top level, mistakes are amplified because the opposition will take full advantage of them, but this is a total breakdown. It's almost like when Crosby got the yips a couple of years ago and couldn't hit a damn thing.

Cutler had that fabulous outing against the Pack, was it last year or 2 years ago? His rating was right around 20, wasn't it?