PDA

View Full Version : Trade Barnett

jmbarnes101
08-29-2006, 02:43 PM
While I do like Barnett and think he's a good LBer, I think we should trade him and get value for him and allow Hodge to grow as the MLB since we're not going to be a great team anyways. TT should offer up Barnett to the Patriots for Deion Branch. This would help our offense and give us another playmaker who can catch the ball. We can give them Robert Ferguson as well. Inside Linebacker is a position the Patriots need to fill and they could re-sign Barnett. We have enough cap room available to sign Branch to a long term contract and have a solid 3-WR corp.

Just my two cents.

Zool
08-29-2006, 02:44 PM
DUCK!!!!!

Tarlam!
08-29-2006, 02:47 PM
DUCK!!!!!

Not sure what DUCK means, but, I like it.

Barnett has already started a whiney little press campaign about being moved from ILB. I hate players that are not willing to play where the team needs them most.

In this case, it was debatable whether the team needed him to play Sam, but, his loudmouthship started making wild statements and went all helicopter arms.

I would agree with a trade for a likely early 2nd late 1st.

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Barnett, even though he played bad yesterday still got like 6 tackles. If he played the whole game he probably would have got close to 12 tackles. Times that by 16 and thats 192 tackles, thats why he doesn't want to move.
He can play bad and at the end of the year still get 200 tackles, I never thought of this until he made a his comments about moving.

wist43
08-29-2006, 03:19 PM
I'd trade Barnett for Branch in a heartbeat, but it'd never happen. The Patriots front office has a keen eye for good, tough, instinctive football players - Barnett is none of those things; so, I think it would be a stretch to think that they'd even have an interest in him.

Branch is a good player though.

Tony Oday
08-29-2006, 03:20 PM
ya great player 5'9" never been a number one WR and is a product of who gets open gets the ball oh and has never had over 5 TDs in a year...Ill take that over a guy that actually knows our defense and gets the young pups in line and makes a ton of tackles.

BallHawk
08-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Imagine this.

You've been working really hard at your job for the last three years. You're the Product Manager of your company. You've spent your time trying to succeed and get better at your job. Then the boss decides to hire his wife's nephew and make HIM the Product Manger, and puts you under the management of him.

What would you say if that happened?

THAT's what Nick Barnett is going through.

MJZiggy
08-29-2006, 03:35 PM
DUCK!!!!!

Barnett has already started a whiney little press campaign about being moved from ILB. I hate players that are not willing to play where the team needs them most.

In this case, it was debatable whether the team needed him to play Sam, but, his loudmouthship started making wild statements and went all helicopter arms.

He did not. I watched all the interviews and they all said that moving is not what he would want to do and that no one from the team had mentioned that as a possibility, and that even if he wouldn't like it, he'd do what's best for the team.

SkinBasket
08-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Then the boss decides to hire his wife's nephew and make HIM the Product Manger, and puts you under the management of him.

:?:

Hodge is Ted's wife's nephew?

Partial
08-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Imagine this.

You've been working really hard at your job for the last three years. You're the Product Manager of your company. You've spent your time trying to succeed and get better at your job. Then the boss decides to hire his wife's nephew and make HIM the Product Manger, and puts you under the management of him.

I disagree

digitaldean
08-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Imagine this.

BallHawk,
Admire your putting yourself in someone else's shoes.

But, somehow, I don't think a nepotism scenario quite fits here. :neutral:

Barnett's little whinefest about being moved inside does DOES affect his salary, but doesn't cut it.

If he is at the outside, he can use his speed to get to the stinkin' QB. Maybe more sacks, better stats. . . better payday come contract time.

Also, since this is a team sport, his goal should be about the team making the playoffs. . . not how big his signing bonus is going to be next contract.

gbpackfan
08-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I like Barnett as a player. I say we keep him. That's all I have to say about thaatttt. :mrgreen:

Cheesehead Craig
08-29-2006, 11:30 PM
I like Barnett and would not trade him for a WR who whines about his contract and is willing to hold out for a new one. Hmmmm where have we heard that one before?

NewsBruin
08-29-2006, 11:40 PM
About a month back, I brought up a "Trade who?" thread.

I didn't say it then, because I'm a wuss, and because the MegaUltraClub and jaywalking idiocy had been going on, but I had Barnett pegged as the player with the best perceived value in a position where we had depth.

I don't want it to look like I want to get Barnett out, although I was less enthused when he made his not-gonna-move comments public. I just thought he was the most replaceable starter, although the rookies are making me rethink that.

Merlin
08-30-2006, 08:47 AM
Barnett doesn't want to get moved because he knows and we know he is the best MLB on our roster. He has said in the past that he just wants to play and although he doesn't want to move, he will do whatever the coaches think is best for the team. Right now, neither Hawk or Hodges has proven that they can play MLB as well or better than Barnett. Barnett is busy picking up the mistakes by the other two. Now, take him out of MLB and he will only be able to pick up the mistakes of one LB, not two.

Tarlam!
08-30-2006, 01:54 PM
He did not. I watched all the interviews and they all said that moving is not what he would want to do and that no one from the team had mentioned that as a possibility, and that even if he wouldn't like it, he'd do what's best for the team.

Uhu. I know I am on thin ice, but, why were many articles published that had a different angle?

The interview, I believe is on Packers.com, and I KNOW what he said there...It was, PAY ME AND I'LL PLAY. It was, THIS IS MY TEAM etc etc....

He's a punk. Trade the fragger.

packiowa
08-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Imagine this.

I knew Abdul looked a little like TT.

Your analogy is waaaaaaay off base.

woodbuck27
08-30-2006, 10:12 PM
DUCK!!!!!

MJZiggy:

I posted a quote from Nick Barnett, just last week ( while you were away ) and he did say clearly, in that quote.

That he wasn't at all pleased with any proposition to move him to SAM from Mike. He said that it never came up anyway with any Coach... words to the effect that :

(and I paraphrase)

"he's "the Leader" on "D" and makes the most tackles so why would he be replaced at his spot anyway" ..... but

"if it went there... he would react negatively to that move from his spot, certainly not be pleased."

Trust this.

Nick Barnett reacted as per the above. I don't know now where that post is but it may come to me, as I sleep on it.

GO PACKERS ! FAITH in 2006.

DO SOMETHING DECENT On "O" TED - SOON. HELP the "O" PLEASE.

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 10:28 PM
DO SOMETHING DECENT On "O" TED - SOON. HELP the "O" PLEASE.

I heard those quotes if they're the ones I think they are. Go to the end of the interview or the interview from the following day. You will find an attitude adjustment there except that he kinda called out the reporters as the only ones that ever mention it to him.

btw, Ted's said that he's not really going to mess with the o-line too much more. He said they're always looking for players, but that he was not going to do much there and in the interview with Brett today, he said that the guards played well.

test
08-31-2006, 05:08 AM
this is kooky talk