PDA

View Full Version : Winners and Losers - Bears week

call_me_ishmael
11-09-2014, 11:42 PM
Go ahead.

Tyrion Lannister
11-09-2014, 11:59 PM
Pimps:

Claymaker - Capers was bored over the bye, decided to check out this forum and saw what I wrote: the Claymaker is the Pack's best run defender. Subsequently, Capers moved the Claymaker to ILB. Teams will now start game-planing for the Claymaker at ILB, but if this move turns out to be what turns the D around, y'all can thank me for inspiring Capers. :)

Rodgers - 6 TDs in a half. Made plenty of great throws. Only drawback? Couldn't get the record after Boykins blocked HIS own punt and the offense took over inside Chicago's 20.

Nelson - 1st TD, Nelson outran the Bears DBs after catch. Not bad for a white guy. 2nd TD, a WOW catch. Also, showed speed when he ran down the field to blocked on Lacy's screen TD.

Hyde - Gasps...this guy caught a pick...Finally. Covered Bennett well.

T-Will - Seems like he wasn't even mentioned on TV. That's a sign that you're a-shutting down the opposing team's receivers.

Hoes:

Hawk: This oughta be Hawk's last season in Green Bay. He's not even average this year. He simply sucks. Look at the Claymakers production's tonight at ILB vs Hawk's and tell me the difference. The Claymaker shot through his gaps, shed blocks and covered well. Hawk? He simply sucks.

Coverage unit - It was garbage time, but allowing a kick off TD in this day and age of touchbacks is fucking unacceptable, not even in garbage time.

Gash - I am sure Fat Mac gives his assistants some leeway on who plays. I can't tell how many times I've heard Whit say something like, I'm not gonna play this guy or that guy if he doesn't do this or that. Gash, unlike Van Pelt, doesn't seem to like DuJaun Harris. Harris should be getting more snaps with the 1st team O. Ran fast and furious tonight in garbage time; ran well when the Bears' 1st team D was still playing.

Bossman641
11-10-2014, 12:04 AM
Studs
CM3
Rodgers
Nelson
Cobb...except for the 1 drop
Hyde

Duds
Shields
Coverage units...good overall but when you give up a return TD you are a dud
Beer vendor in section 126 was off his game

Harlan Huckleby
11-10-2014, 12:05 AM
I'm going to throw our a desperation dud. Sam Shields seemed to miss a lot of tackles.

DuJuann Harris looked like he could be a useful change of pace during prime time.

Tyrion Lannister
11-10-2014, 12:16 AM
Btw, also a pimp: Hayward - Jimx, please post a GIF of Cutler's "Head-Pick6." Not as funny as the butt fumble, but watching replays of it on TV, I had to lol.

Freak Out
11-10-2014, 12:24 AM
Winners = Packers

Losers = Bears

My god the Bears stink.

Harlan Huckleby
11-10-2014, 01:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpMBZK7GOJc

smuggler
11-10-2014, 01:59 AM
Bears are somehow a bottom 5 team. Defense is just abysmal.

Joemailman
11-10-2014, 06:42 AM
Loser: McGinn for this evaluation earlier this year:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rebuilding-efforts-appear-to-be-paying-off-for-bears-b99359588z1-277345601.html

As the Bears have been refitting their roster and adding game-changing players, the Packers have been spinning their wheels.

Impact players since 2012? Eddie Lacy was last year. Randall Cobb was two years ago. Mike Daniels is very good. Peppers, 34, might have a brief shelf life.

Mistakes? Perry and maybe Datone Jones in the first round, Jerel Worthy in the second, Khyri Thornton in the third, Jerron McMillian in the fourth, perhaps Carl Bradford in the fourth and Jeff Saturday in free agency.

Not only have the Packers erred more than the Bears, they've made more miscues than the Lions and Vikings as well in the last three years.

Detroit and Minnesota have added more impact players than the Packers, too.

Much like Thompson, Emery is very much a pure football man. Both are well aware of the holes on their respective rosters even as they go about filling them in dramatically different fashion.

One man is passive by nature, whereas the other is aggressive.

In the last three years, the Bears have added almost three times as many new faces as the Packers. Far more significantly, Emery has outpointed Thompson when it comes to finding stars.

All it takes is one good game for the Packers to reclaim their status. At the same time, another bad game puts the upwardly mobile Bears comfortably ahead.

Fritz
11-10-2014, 06:58 AM

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rebuilding-efforts-appear-to-be-paying-off-for-bears-b99359588z1-277345601.html

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I like it when McGinn writes articles dissing the Packers. That's when they play well. McGinn might be the key to their season.

Cleft Crusty
11-10-2014, 06:58 AM
McGinn used to be the shining star at the Urinalscented, but now he's just a guy trying to generate controversy. Still, he does a decent write-up here and there.

The secret to beating the Packers is pretty simple - if you can generate pass rush with your defensive front four, you have a good chance to defeat Rodgers. If not, Katie bar the door. Against the Packer D you have to have an above average quarterback and the patience to keep running the ball against the 2-4.

Clefty would pick Sitton and Clay Matthews as his game day stars. Rodgers and Nelson were great as always, but they were shooting fish in a barrel out there.

Cheesehead Craig
11-10-2014, 07:30 AM

You think he'll ever admit that maybe he's wrong? Such a jackwagon.

Cheesehead Craig
11-10-2014, 07:33 AM
Winner = Capers.

He moved Clay to ILB and the run game was non-existant for Da Bears. Huge defensive improvement. We'll see if this stays this way or not, but just that move alone is going to make opposing OCs have to work that much harder in prep now. Good to see Capers trying something radically different to get better results.

pbmax
11-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Son of a Long:

http://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2443374/packnooo.0.gif

Patler
11-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Sam shields had a miserable night. Dropped interception, poor coverage several times, missed tackles with weak efforts. No one else stood out in a negative way.

ThunderDan
11-10-2014, 08:44 AM
Son of a Long:

Shouldn't that have been a penalty for illegal touching since a lineman touched the ball first for Chicago?

denverYooper
11-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Man, Cutler was bad. Not just the INTs, either. He had several throws that were just way, way off.

Was he having problems with the wind?

ThunderDan
11-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Hoes:

Hawk: This oughta be Hawk's last season in Green Bay. He's not even average this year. He simply sucks. Look at the Claymakers production's tonight at ILB vs Hawk's and tell me the difference. The Claymaker shot through his gaps, shed blocks and covered well. Hawk? He simply sucks.

Funny that you call Hawk a hoe and then we see the Hayward pick 6 and it is Hawk in excellent coverage, realizes the ball has been tipped and wraps up Forte to allow Hayward to make the pick.

He wasn't a stud but he wasn't a dud last night either.

hoosier
11-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Son of a Long:

Bitch all you want about Hawk and his lack of splash plays, but somehow he had the presence of mind here to notice that the ball had been tipped and then tackle Fort before the ball got to him, allowing Hayward to make the pick. He should get a pick assist on that play.

ThunderDan
11-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Man, Cutler was bad. Not just the INTs, either. He had several throws that were just way, way off.

Was he having problems with the wind?

I think he is allergic to the grass in Lambeau.

denverYooper
11-10-2014, 08:48 AM
McGinn used to be the shining star at the Urinalscented, but now he's just a guy trying to generate controversy. Still, he does a decent write-up here and there.

The secret to beating the Packers is pretty simple - if you can generate pass rush with your defensive front four, you have a good chance to defeat Rodgers. If not, Katie bar the door. Against the Packer D you have to have an above average quarterback and the patience to keep running the ball against the 2-4.

Clefty would pick Sitton and Clay Matthews as his game day stars. Rodgers and Nelson were great as always, but they were shooting fish in a barrel out there.

It'll be interesting to see if CM3 inside helps some of their issues on defense against better teams, but 1 game against a Bears team that was forced to be 1-dimensional from the gun is not going to provide that answer.

Edit... in the first game, GB gave up 235 yards rushing. Yesterday, they gave up 55 (2.3 per). It's a big difference on a small sample.

denverYooper
11-10-2014, 08:53 AM
I'd give a stud to M3/Capers. They are clearly not standing pat this year and just trying to stay the course on failing players/looks. Jones and now Lattimore disappearing in favor of CM3 (or maybe Perry) is a nod to their search for improvement in an area they've been gashed over the last few years.

Fritz
11-10-2014, 09:48 AM
I'd give a stud to M3/Capers. They are clearly not standing pat this year and just trying to stay the course on failing players/looks. Jones and now Lattimore disappearing in favor of CM3 (or maybe Perry) is a nod to their search for improvement in an area they've been gashed over the last few years.

Who knows how this will play out long-term, but kudos to MM, to Capers, and to Matthews for this move. Without the move, this team looked like a typical Packer team of the past few years: lots of offense, shitty defense, 10-6 or 11-5 and not a contender to go to the SB, really.

This move doesn't change that, necessarily, but the team needed something drastic to be done in order to shore up that horrible inside linebacking corps. And it makes sense: they have depth outside. I also like Perry playing more. He may not be a pro bowler, but he can play the run and be physical doing it, and if he can get matched up with the right blocker can use his strength to bull rush. Now this move gives Neal, Perry, and Peppers more snaps, and Matthews takes snaps away from Lattimore/Jones/Barrington. That's a good tradeoff.

It gives this team a chance, now.

hoosier
11-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Funny that you call Hawk a hoe and then we see the Hayward pick 6 and it is Hawk in excellent coverage, realizes the ball has been tipped and wraps up Forte to allow Hayward to make the pick.

Quit stealing my ideas.

pbmax
11-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Bitch all you want about Hawk and his lack of splash plays, but somehow he had the presence of mind here to notice that the ball had been tipped and then tackle Fort before the ball got to him, allowing Hayward to make the pick. He should get a pick assist on that play.

He is also VERY close to Forte in coverage to make that hit. Which is another good sign.

pbmax
11-10-2014, 10:03 AM

Its a closer match to Thompson's player acquisition method. Could be that McCarthy understands that, another reason he is a good head coach.

pbmax
11-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Who knows how this will play out long-term, but kudos to MM, to Capers, and to Matthews for this move. Without the move, this team looked like a typical Packer team of the past few years: lots of offense, shitty defense, 10-6 or 11-5 and not a contender to go to the SB, really.

This move doesn't change that, necessarily, but the team needed something drastic to be done in order to shore up that horrible inside linebacking corps. And it makes sense: they have depth outside. I also like Perry playing more. He may not be a pro bowler, but he can play the run and be physical doing it, and if he can get matched up with the right blocker can use his strength to bull rush. Now this move gives Neal, Perry, and Peppers more snaps, and Matthews takes snaps away from Lattimore/Jones/Barrington. That's a good tradeoff.

It gives this team a chance, now.

The amazing thing about Matthews (and its what makes him different than every other player on D except possibly Peppers and Dix) is that he is 6' 3" and 255, which should be too long to play ILB. But he has less trouble changing direction in short space than some other ILBs.

It remains to be seen whether he can shed blocks and take a beating by a team committed to running inside, but its astonishing he moves that well at the position.

Zool
11-10-2014, 10:27 AM
He is also VERY close to Forte in coverage to make that hit. Which is another good sign.

Before we all start fellating Hawk, lets look back at his coverage of Forte in the flat a few plays earlier. He got fooled then outran to the corner.

Harlan Huckleby
11-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Flynn is a dud backup QB. Packers had such capable backups during Favre years.

pbmax
11-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Before we all start fellating Hawk, lets look back at his coverage of Forte in the flat a few plays earlier. He got fooled then outran to the corner.

That was brutal. It was like he didn't remember Forte is fast.

KYPack
11-10-2014, 10:57 AM

It's funny to watch Hawk when he gets beat and tries to "turn on the jets". He flails his arms, bobs his head and tries to get every part of his body moving faster. Alas for AJ, it doesn't work.

I'd like to see us pick up a decent ILB vet, a Jon Beason type guy to fill that spot. AJ is nearing the end of the trail.

Zool
11-10-2014, 11:07 AM
It's funny to watch Hawk when he gets beat and tries to "turn on the jets". He flails his arms, bobs his head and tries to get every part of his body moving faster. Alas for AJ, it doesn't work.

I'd like to see us pick up a decent ILB vet, a Jon Beason type guy to fill that spot. AJ is nearing the end of the trail.

It's been so long since there was a really good MLB in GB. A solid vet would be awesome while a rook is trained up.

I wonder if they can afford to have CM3 playing out there full time? He's such a cap hit that having him at one of the M spots is rough. Like having Joe Mauer making 23million playing 1B and hitting 4HR each season.

Guiness
11-10-2014, 11:23 AM

Hawk played some pretty good coverage overall. I pointed out another one in the game day thread.

As far as him not covering Forte...that's a pretty tall order. This year, Forte is putting up numbers of a top 5 RB. On top of his good rushing numbers, he has 61 receptions for 517 yards, good for an 8.5YPC average.

Fritz
11-10-2014, 11:50 AM
The amazing thing about Matthews (and its what makes him different than every other player on D except possibly Peppers and Dix) is that he is 6' 3" and 255, which should be too long to play ILB. But he has less trouble changing direction in short space than some other ILBs.

It remains to be seen whether he can shed blocks and take a beating by a team committed to running inside, but its astonishing he moves that well at the position.

This might be the key issue. He's there to toughen up the inside and provide some quickness, so it'll be interesting to see if he can take the beating inside, down after down.

George Cumby
11-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Clay at ILB for running downs and then outside on passing downs? Honestly, a 2-4 with Peppers, Neal, Perry and Matthews seems pretty formidable.

Tyrion Lannister
11-10-2014, 05:20 PM

If you go watch Matthews' "highlights" at NFL.com, you see the Claymaker shedding blocks and attacking the ball carrier. You also see Hawk engaging with blockers as if he was a fullback instead of attacking the ball carrier.

Hawk was awful in coverage. On the pick-6, Hawk probably would've been called for PI had the ball not been "tipped."

King Friday
11-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Hawk was awful in coverage. On the pick-6, Hawk probably would've been called for PI had the ball not been "tipped."

Your "what-if" scenario does not change the fact that it was a heady play by Hawk.

Of course Hawk isn't going to look as good as Clay. Clay is one of the 5 best defenders in the NFL when he's at 100%. There is no doubt that Hawk is rapidly falling down the backside of his career. His lack of athleticism is exposed far more frequently now. You can pound the guy all you want about being washed up from an athletic standpoint, but he has an above average football IQ.

Awful is disrespectful to the word awful. Awful should be reserved for true debacles...like the Bears defense.

ThunderDan
11-10-2014, 05:37 PM
If you go watch Matthews' "highlights" at NFL.com, you see the Claymaker shedding blocks and attacking the ball carrier. You also see Hawk engaging with blockers as if he was a fullback instead of attacking the ball carrier.

The ball was tipped and that is why Hawk hit him making your point, like most, moot.

Tyrion Lannister
11-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Sam shields had a miserable night. Dropped interception, poor coverage several times, missed tackles with weak efforts. No one else stood out in a negative way.

Shields didn't tackle very well, but I don't think he was "poor" in coverage. Take away the 45 yard TD and Marshall had 67 yards receiving. That's pretty good given Marshall's talent and the fact that the Bears were forced to throw from the 2nd quarter onward. Even the TD catch was excusable. Ball was underthrown, and Shields simply outran coverage. Jay Cutler, strong-armed and all, rarely under throws.

Jeffery only had 63 receiving yards but most of them came in garbage time against House.

All in all, a "B" performance from Shields. Would be an A- if Samwise hand't dropped the pick-6. :)

Pugger
11-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Studs
CM3
Rodgers
Nelson
Cobb...except for the 1 drop
Hyde

Duds
Shields
Coverage units...good overall but when you give up a return TD you are a dud
Beer vendor in section 126 was off his game

126? We once had tickets in that section - row 59 seats 1 &2. Our seats are now in section 115 but we haven't been to a game since 2004. My sister uses our tickets now.

Pugger
11-10-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm going to throw our a desperation dud. Sam Shields seemed to miss a lot of tackles.

DuJuann Harris looked like he could be a useful change of pace during prime time.

Harris looked good but he was running against the bares' backups and behind our backup linemen.

Pugger
11-10-2014, 08:16 PM

Could it had been rust?

Pugger
11-10-2014, 08:18 PM
I think he is allergic to the grass in Lambeau.

He isn't used to playing on a decent grass field.

Pugger
11-10-2014, 08:23 PM

Agreed. Flynn should have been able to perform much better than that against that horrible defense of the bares. How long will Flynn be the #2?

Pugger
11-10-2014, 08:26 PM

My issue with Hawk is he doesn't really attack. He usually reacts to what his guy does. Claymaker attacks and gets after it. This is the big difference between the 2.

ptisme
11-10-2014, 08:47 PM
First Post!
Winner: Jay Cutler. We need to protect and defend Jay Cutler. He is a hero of the state of WI!

KYPack
11-10-2014, 08:56 PM
First Post!
Winner: Jay Cutler. We need to protect and defend Jay Cutler. He is a hero of the state of WI!

Welcome aboard, PT.

Post with pride and all that stuff, bud.

esoxx
11-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Winner: reds super awesome UNofficial game day thread

Guiness
11-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Harris looked good but he was running against the bares' backups and behind our backup linemen.

Wasn't most of the Bear's starting D still playing when he came into the game?

Tyrion Lannister
11-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Wasn't most of the Bear's starting D still playing when he came into the game?

Yep. I mentioned that in my 'pimps n hoes' post. :)

Bossman641
11-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Shields didn't tackle very well, but I don't think he was "poor" in coverage. Take away the 45 yard TD and Marshall had 67 yards receiving. That's pretty good given Marshall's talent and the fact that the Bears were forced to throw from the 2nd quarter onward. Even the TD catch was excusable. Ball was underthrown, and Shields simply outran coverage. Jay Cutler, strong-armed and all, rarely under throws.

Jeffery only had 63 receiving yards but most of them came in garbage time against House.

All in all, a "B" performance from Shields. Would be an A- if Samwise hand't dropped the pick-6. :)

Shields had 4 missed tackles, dropped a pick 6, and gave up the jump ball to Marshall. DUD.

I believe he also gave up back to back completions on the Bears' first possession of the game.

pbmax
11-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Shields had 4 missed tackles, dropped a pick 6, and gave up the jump ball to Marshall. DUD.

I believe he also gave up back to back completions on the Bears' first possession of the game.

Against Marshall/Jeffries(Jeffry?), I almost expect that stuff. But I am very dismayed how easily the DBs get stiff armed every single tackle attempt and on the TD, Shields got deflected on the tackle again.

QBME
11-11-2014, 03:47 PM
First Post!

Hey PT, good to see you.

Joemailman
11-11-2014, 03:56 PM
126? We once had tickets in that section - row 59 seats 1 &2. Our seats are now in section 115 but we haven't been to a game since 2004. My sister uses our tickets now.

You have a sister with Packer tickets? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-love034.gif

Pugger
11-11-2014, 06:19 PM
You have a sister with Packer tickets? http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-love034.gif

She and her hubby use them.

red
11-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Bears found their scapegoat and have made the big change we've all been expecting

The bears feel that the problem was santonio holmes. They have just released him

So, hes probably the biggest losser of the game

red
11-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Winner: reds super awesome UNofficial game day thread

Of course it was, duh

Carolina_Packer
11-11-2014, 06:55 PM

My favorite is T.J. Rubley, how about you? I like a backup QB that audibles out of a QB sneak and then throws a pick to lose the game.

Seriously, who had to be a very capable backup with Favre at the helm? Good gig!

As for Flynn, I don't need him to look like the QB who threw 6 TD's and set the franchise record for passing yards in a game, but he doesn't even look close to that QB now. I'm sure mop up duty is much different than actually having to go out and win games like Drew Stanton will now be asked to do in AZ. Let's just hope we never need to find out what Flynn is really capable of going forward.

red
11-11-2014, 07:02 PM
LOL

http://www.theonion.com/articles/jay-cutler-ill-be-the-first-person-to-admit-we-nee,37422/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview:1:Default&recirc=fantasy-football

Maxie the Taxi
11-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Against Marshall/Jeffries(Jeffry?), I almost expect that stuff. But I am very dismayed how easily the DBs get stiff armed every single tackle attempt and on the TD, Shields got deflected on the tackle again.

Stupid question: Why doesn't the DB, when he's getting stiff armed, just grab the ball carrier's arm and hold on? I've done that in back yard games way back when.

pbmax
11-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Stupid question: Why doesn't the DB, when he's getting stiff armed, just grab the ball carrier's arm and hold on? I've done that in back yard games way back when.

I feel the same way, but my playing experience doesn't include many stiff arms from players that big (bigger than me) or that talented. Actually, not many stiff arms on the interior of the line at all.

My suspicion is that it would be easy to shake off a wrist tackle. I think you would need two arms, one to grab the stiff arm, the other to buckle it and then wrap around it like a squid on Nemo's ship.

And if you watch most DBs they are looking to take out legs of those big receivers. Which means their head and arms are down, so a stiff arm is spectacularly effective.

Maxie the Taxi
11-11-2014, 07:49 PM
I feel the same way, but my playing experience doesn't include many stiff arms from players that big (bigger than me) or that talented. Actually, not many stiff arms on the interior of the line at all.

My suspicion is that it would be easy to shake off a wrist tackle. I think you would need two arms, one to grab the stiff arm, the other to buckle it and then wrap around it like a squid on Nemo's ship.

And if you watch most DBs they are looking to take out legs of those big receivers. Which means their head and arms are down, so a stiff arm is spectacularly effective.

If I had to guess, I'd say 50% of the time DB's go high on the ball carrier. You're right when they go low, it's tough to get both hands on the arm or wrist with any force. But if you go high, it shouldn't be that difficult to latch on the guy's wrist. I've actually seen it done a few times over the years.

I don't think it's coached. I think the coaches are too interested in swatting at the ball trying to force a fumble.

Joemailman
11-11-2014, 08:25 PM
My favorite is T.J. Rubley, how about you? I like a backup QB that audibles out of a QB sneak and then throws a pick to lose the game.

Seriously, who had to be a very capable backup with Favre at the helm? Good gig!

As for Flynn, I don't need him to look like the QB who threw 6 TD's and set the franchise record for passing yards in a game, but he doesn't even look close to that QB now. I'm sure mop up duty is much different than actually having to go out and win games like Drew Stanton will now be asked to do in AZ. Let's just hope we never need to find out what Flynn is really capable of going forward.

Last year Flynn rallied the Packers to a tie over Minnesota and then was 2-2 as a starter. The 2 losses were to Detroit where everybody looked bad, and a 38-31 loss to the Steelers. He wasn't great, but good enough for the team to be competitive. He does seem to better when he has a week to prepare, compared to when he comes off the bench unexpectedly in mop-up mode.

ThunderDan
11-12-2014, 03:03 PM
I was just reading the first Bears-Packer thread as I was unable to watch and participate.

Here is my favorite quote from the first half.

RutnStrut:
I like the way Trestman coaches, he is anything but predictable. He is the opposite of Stubby and company.

That was after Trestman tried an onside in the first half of the game after scoring. I will have to see what he said about MM and his onside attempt at NO.

I wonder if he would say the same thing today about Trestman.

Zool
11-12-2014, 03:08 PM
I was just reading the first Bears-Packer thread as I was unable to watch and participate.

Here is my favorite quote from the first half.

RutnStrut:
I like the way Trestman coaches, he is anything but predictable. He is the opposite of Stubby and company.

That was after Trestman tried an onside in the first half of the game after scoring. I will have to see what he said about MM and his onside attempt at NO.

I wonder if he would say the same thing today about Trestman.

He's a pretty solid doom and gloom troll. Consistent in hating everything the Packers do. Disappears when they start winning.

Rutnstrut
11-13-2014, 11:11 PM
He's a pretty solid doom and gloom troll. Consistent in hating everything the Packers do. Disappears when they start winning.

Nope didn't disappear, just been hunting a lot, no wi-fi or cell reception in the places I've been. I still think Trestman is a good coach, just not good enough to overcome Cutler.

smuggler
11-13-2014, 11:29 PM
His defense leaves much to be desired.

ThunderDan
11-14-2014, 08:29 AM
Nope didn't disappear, just been hunting a lot, no wi-fi or cell reception in the places I've been. I still think Trestman is a good coach, just not good enough to overcome Cutler.

Not sure what NFL offense can score 50+ points a week to keep their team in games.

Zool
11-14-2014, 09:12 AM
I still think Trestman is a good coach, just not good enough to overcome Cutler.

So knowing the Packers are 32nd in the league coming into the game against the run, you dominated the LOS the last meeting while your team ran for 235 yards, you have a healthy back....you then decide to call 12 of your first 16 plays as passes? That seems like the opposite of smart to me. I run the ball until proven that I can't.

Guiness
11-14-2014, 10:34 AM
So knowing the Packers are 32nd in the league coming into the game against the run, you dominated the LOS the last meeting while your team ran for 235 yards, you have a healthy back....you then decide to call 12 of your first 16 plays as passes? That seems like the opposite of smart to me. I run the ball until proven that I can't.

I expected the same.

Guiness
11-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Maybe another winner is Shanahan - which would make all of us winners too!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/11/why-not-shanahan-as-next-bears-coach/

pbmax
11-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Maybe another winner is Shanahan - which would make all of us winners too!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/11/why-not-shanahan-as-next-bears-coach/

It would be a great hire. He's done like toast.

Rutnstrut
11-15-2014, 11:44 PM

I can't really bash him for some stupid game planning, stubby does it at least 4 games a season.

smuggler
11-16-2014, 01:42 AM
Shanahan is more cooked than his face, which is basically overbaked leather at this point. The Bears hiring him would be amazing.