PDA

View Full Version : The Next Bears Coach

call_me_ishmael
11-10-2014, 12:35 AM
I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that the Bears will be able to outbid UM for Harbaugh. He will restore glory to the city of Chicago.

:???:

George Cumby
11-10-2014, 03:03 AM
I'm all for it. He's entertaining. He's fun to dislike. And he's so high strung he's got the Niners kind of screwy in the head.

Carolina_Packer
11-10-2014, 05:46 AM
A prescient prediction methinks. Harbaugh, the under-appreciated, embattled coach and possibly Mike Singletary at DC?

Fritz
11-10-2014, 06:59 AM
That sounds about right. He's such an asshole that it'd bring a new level of hatred to the rivalry.

denverYooper
11-10-2014, 09:04 AM
The 9ers will bring Harbs back if he can sneak the 9ers into the playoffs this year.

That said, I'd be all for him going to Chicago, land of no defense, to get crushed by the Packers. Until they turn that defense around, there's not much hope there.

VegasPackFan
11-10-2014, 11:01 AM
No matter who the coach is, they still have terrible management. Signing Cutler to a long term deal? Letting Peppers go and then signing Allen as the replacement? Laughable. Please keep it up...

red
11-10-2014, 11:03 AM
The bears problem is that they have jay "i dont give a fuck" cutler locked up for a while

With him as your team leader, no coach is gonna win

VegasPackFan
11-10-2014, 11:13 AM
The bears problem is that they have jay "i dont give a fuck" cutler locked up for a while

With him as your team leader, no coach is gonna win

It's funny because I vividly remember Bears fans being so excited about him when they originally brought him in. I spent that whole off-season telling them that the Bears would never win anything as long as he was their QB. They thought I was crazy. But he just doesn't have the winner mentality or "it" factor to win.

Bossman641
11-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Trestman - There are no staff changes coming

Haha, Bear fans are losing their minds

Cheesehead Craig
11-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Cutler will be gone after next season when there's really no cap hit. So we have at least another season to enjoy him as their QB.

KYPack
11-10-2014, 03:21 PM
A guy from the Chicago Tribune was on talk radio today.

He said the big rumor in Chitown was that DC Mel Tucker was in trouble.

That seemed ironic given the thread title on PR for the Bear game.

hoosier
11-10-2014, 03:59 PM
Bears fans are all apoplectic because they got their expectations up way too high after last year's success on offense. They thought that a few free agent signings would fix the existing problems on defense and then the Bears would be formidable. If only their fans had known what Packer fans know, the team's midseason collapse would not have been so shocking. The one surprise to me is how quickly the rest of the league (except maybe San Fran) has adjusted to Trestman's offensive scheme. It worked wonders for exactly 16 games and then it reverted to what the Bears offenses always look like.

King Friday
11-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Harbaugh won't go to Chicago...they need to completely rebuild that team from the ground up. Harbaugh will only go somewhere in the NFL where he believes he has a chance to win right away because of a strong talent base.

pbmax
11-10-2014, 09:12 PM
Harbaugh won't go to Chicago...they need to completely rebuild that team from the ground up. Harbaugh will only go somewhere in the NFL where he believes he has a chance to win right away because of a strong talent base.

He does want some personnel control. Might need to be less selective on talent unless he hits the jackpot somewhere.

The Shadow
11-10-2014, 09:14 PM
The Bears - despite Forte, Bennett, Marshall & Jeffries - are extremely talent-depleted in many areas. No quick fix coming.

hoosier
11-11-2014, 07:36 AM
The Bears - despite Forte, Bennett, Marshall & Jeffries - are extremely talent-depleted in many areas. No quick fix coming.

Their OL played very well as a unit last year. Lack of talent does not come close to explaining their troubles on offense this year. On defense, totally agree.

Patler
11-11-2014, 09:56 AM
Their OL played very well as a unit last year. Lack of talent does not come close to explaining their troubles on offense this year. On defense, totally agree.

Yup, at the end of last year, and in the preseason hype for the Bears this year, their O-line was declared "fixed" by the drafting of Long and Mills and the signings of Bushrod and SLauson. I believe JSO even gushed over how quickly the Bears rebuilt the weak link in their offense.