PDA

View Full Version : Deion Branch for a 3nd rounder?

Tony Oday
08-29-2006, 02:58 PM
What do you think? He has trouble shaking double teams but with Jennings and Driver you would think he wouldnt have those. Only thing is he is only 5'9" ouch! thats a tiny lil guy.

Rastak
08-29-2006, 04:01 PM
What do you think? He has trouble shaking double teams but with Jennings and Driver you would think he wouldnt have those. Only thing is he is only 5'9" ouch! thats a tiny lil guy.

They want more than a 1st.

Tony Oday
08-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Then they are stoned!

NO WAY would I trade a number one for a number 2 WR. I hope the Vikings are dumb enough to do it though.

Rastak
08-29-2006, 04:14 PM
Then they are stoned!

NO WAY would I trade a number one for a number 2 WR. I hope the Vikings are dumb enough to do it though.

Sorry, but not for that price...everybody in the NFL knows that's way too much.

Tony Oday
08-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Cmon Ziggy wants a new stadium and no way better in minnesota to get something approved for sports is to make the playoffs :)

packrulz
08-29-2006, 04:17 PM
I don't know, you look at guys like Driver, Robert Brooks, Steve Smith, Jennings, & the list goes on of small receivers that can catch the ball! I think that height crap is overblown. I guess I'm pissed off because too many guys are dropping the ball for a month now. Favre throws hard, get used to it.

Rastak
08-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Cmon Ziggy wants a new stadium and no way better in minnesota to get something approved for sports is to make the playoffs :)

They are already set for that now.....

Tony Oday
08-29-2006, 04:23 PM
??? Since when last I heard of it it was going to get shot down in Anoka County much less the at the state regardless of how much money Ziggy is spending. They care more about putting a baseball stadium in for a team that spends more on paper products than its players! :)

packrulz
08-29-2006, 04:24 PM

Oh really? Where?

Rastak
08-29-2006, 04:30 PM

Oh really? Where?

Where playoffs? There's only one my friend.....

MJZiggy
08-29-2006, 04:54 PM

It's Zygi up there folks. I don't care if the Vikes get a stadium or not. If they didn't they'd just move the team to LA and then Rastak would have to become a Packer fan. (just messin' with ya Ras :wink: )

Terry
08-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Better yet, why not just move Minnesota to LA.

Let those Fargo types show the Ebonics types what's what.

Brando19
08-30-2006, 11:29 AM
If you go to foxsports.com and visit today's rumor page, they seem to think Ted Thompson should quickly make a push for Branch.

Rastak
08-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Better yet, why not just move Minnesota to LA.

Let those Fargo types show the Ebonics types what's what.

Minnesota wouldn't fit within Los Angeles. I'd like that during the winter though.

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 12:43 PM
If you go to foxsports.com and visit today's rumor page, they seem to think Ted Thompson should quickly make a push for Branch.

Since when does TT do what anybody at foxsports (or any of the other news sites) thinks he should?

PackerPro42
08-30-2006, 01:42 PM
They actually want two First rounders for him.

flipnout91
08-30-2006, 07:08 PM
I wouldn't call Branch a #2. He was their big play guy. He made the big catches when they needed him and he led the team in receiving. Not to mention he use to be a good return man.

Brando19
08-30-2006, 07:18 PM
I think we should definitely try to get Branch.

gbpackfan
08-30-2006, 07:33 PM
The more I think about, the more I want Branch on this team. Give up a 2nd rounder for him, he is young and talented! Def. worth it. I highly doubt that ANYONE would give up a 1st for him. So if the Patriots are unwilling to move off that demand, then there is nothing TT can do.

Green Bud Packer
08-30-2006, 07:37 PM
brett definitely needs help and branch would fit the bill. the price may be to high.

woodbuck27
08-30-2006, 07:37 PM

Since when does TT do what anybody at foxsports (or any of the other news sites) thinks he should?

What should Ted do MJ, regarding the possibility of us improving OUR Offense... now?

Green Bud Packer
08-30-2006, 07:42 PM
i know i'm not m.j.(though i smoke plenty of it,) wood-man.ted should be inquiring about branch.the only other thing to do is grab some stop-gap vet off of waivers.but please get brett some help.

woodbuck27
08-30-2006, 08:26 PM
i know i'm not m.j.(though i smoke plenty of it,) wood-man.ted should be inquiring about branch.the only other thing to do is grab some stop-gap vet off of waivers.but please get brett some help.

I'd say:

That is a logical response Green Bud Packer.

Does TT = Logical ?

GO Packers ! Packer Fan Faith in 2006 !!

Doe
08-30-2006, 10:39 PM
I would trade our first for Logan Mankins, Branch and Seymour. :lol: Thompson might do it for even Branch and Mankins.

MJZiggy
08-30-2006, 10:41 PM

What should Ted do MJ, regarding the possibility of us improving OUR Offense... now?

It's not my place to tell him what to do, it's his place to know what he wants and work it out.

Willard
08-30-2006, 10:52 PM
I hope the bears don't make a move on any available receivers before Sept 10. Rumor has it they are interested, but don't like the asking price:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=2563805&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d2563805

• Chicago has interest in Patriots WR Deion Branch but isn't willing to part with a high draft pick. Branch, a refined route runner with a flair for the dramatic, was given permission to seek a trade as negotiations remain stalled on a long-term extension. Bears observers believe Branch, if acquired, would quickly become the No. 1 receiver and a reliable target for QB Rex Grossman.