PDA

View Full Version : Week 11 other games thread

Guiness
11-13-2014, 09:35 PM
A slog-fest in Miami. Orton and Tannehill both looking pretty good throwing the ball, and ground games are clicking but neither team seems to be able to score anything but FGs, just dinking an dunking down the field.

Learned 2 new rules from this game. Remember that all scoring plays are reviewable? Nope, safeties, (worth 2 points, that *is* a score, right?) are not reviewable. Pettine even threw the flag to press the matter, and was informed it was not reviewable.

The other is that if an intentional grounding penalty is called when the ball is thrown from the endzone, a safety is assessed. I was expecting half the distance to the goal.

smuggler
11-13-2014, 09:40 PM
A penalty that occurs in the end zone on the offense always results in a safety.

The scoring plays are all supposed to be reviewed, but the penalty element (intentional grounding) is a judgment call and can't be reviewed. So, if the 'Phins had 12 men on the field, the Bills could have challenged that and nothing that occurred in the play (outside of a personal foul) would have mattered.

Guiness
11-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Miami with a running TD, ball came out as the runner was crossing the line - but the TD stands. Not sure why it stands on the ground, but if that was a WR coming down with the ball - no TD.

Joemailman
11-13-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm not watching, but Tyler Dunne tweeted this:

Tyler Dunne @TyDunne ยท 2h 2 hours ago
Dink 'n Dunk Bowl.

smuggler
11-13-2014, 10:00 PM
Why the fuck are the Bills punting 4th and 6, down by 10, in 'Phins territory?

Guiness
11-13-2014, 10:24 PM
The Bills came out really flat in the second half.

Patler
11-14-2014, 02:01 AM
Learned 2 new rules from this game........The other is that if an intentional grounding penalty is called when the ball is thrown from the endzone, a safety is assessed. I was expecting half the distance to the goal.

Didn't Rodgers have one of those a few years ago? Intentional grounding in the endzone. Was it against the Vikings, maybe?

pbmax
11-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Miami with a running TD, ball came out as the runner was crossing the line - but the TD stands. Not sure why it stands on the ground, but if that was a WR coming down with the ball - no TD.

Runner, by the rules, already has possession. Even if there is a fumble the ball is live and can again be possessed. As soon as the ball hits the plane of the goal line, its a score. WR if they catch it in or near the end zone, has to maintain possession all the way to the ground if necessary. No assumption of possession for them. Ball comes loose? End of play.

I don't know what happens to a runner who bobbles the ball near the goal line (either by himself, getting hit or on exchange at one foot line). I assume they have to regain control for it to count.

Guiness
11-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Runner, by the rules, already has possession. Even if there is a fumble the ball is live and can again be possessed. As soon as the ball hits the plane of the goal line, its a score. WR if they catch it in or near the end zone, has to maintain possession all the way to the ground if necessary. No assumption of possession for them. Ball comes loose? End of play.

I don't know what happens to a runner who bobbles the ball near the goal line (either by himself, getting hit or on exchange at one foot line). I assume they have to regain control for it to count.

I see your point - the runner already has possession. The question then becomes, when does he lose possession? The ball was coming out as he crossed the line, and popped all the way out when he hit the ground. Buffalo player picks it up and runs it out. On a pass play, that's simply and incompletion, but on a running play, the runner had possession, so if he loses it someone has to regain it.

It's probably a judgement call, and a tough one for the ref crew - had he lost control of the ball to the point that he no longer had possession when he was crossing the line?

smuggler
11-14-2014, 12:05 PM
Basically, if he ever had possession at any moment while in the endzone (across the plane) then it's a TD. If not, the the refs suck.

Guiness
11-16-2014, 12:59 PM
Have a look at this cheap shot, Titans TE taking out an assistant coach on the sidelines!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDGqfoa0XmY

MadScientist
11-16-2014, 01:12 PM
Vikings must really suck, they've only put up 10 points against the Bears late in the first half, and are actually down against them.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 02:22 PM
I can't believe that guy was only fined $30,000.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 02:34 PM
In a world that makes no sense, the Bengals are beating the Saints in NO by 17.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 02:43 PM
Tampa is drilling Washington and the Giants are hanging with the 49ers though down by a TD.

pittstang5
11-16-2014, 02:43 PM
In a world that makes no sense, the Bengals are beating the Saints in NO by 17.

Alot of upsets going on at the moment - seems to be a trend. Makes me feel even worse about the Packers game tonight.

red
11-16-2014, 02:53 PM
What a catch by beckham.

Looks like giants will have the ball inside the 5 going for the win

So eli will probably throw another pick

red
11-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Nailed it

Eli with pick number 5

What a worthless pile of inbred shit

smuggler
11-16-2014, 03:29 PM
Seriously. First and goal from the 4 and the Elimonster shows his face again.

King Friday
11-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Atlanta leading their division at 4-6...with all of their wins only coming against the other putrid teams in their division. This year might be the nail in the coffin to the current playoff format if a 7 win team hosts a playoff game.

red
11-16-2014, 06:51 PM
Holy fuck

#93 for the cards is a massive guy. Is that calais campbell?

Tyrion Lannister
11-16-2014, 08:45 PM
WTF? Tom Brady just threw a boneheaded pick deep in his own territory with less than 2 minutes left in the 1st half! That's rare.

Freak Out
11-16-2014, 10:07 PM
Pats just dominating now.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Its not even close. But still you can watch for the commercials:

Astros County ‏@AstrosCounty 6h6 hours ago
If I see a guy in a Nissan Altima blasting Mony Mony with windows down, I am getting out of my car and hitting that guy with a brick.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Holy fuck

#93 for the cards is a massive guy. Is that calais campbell?

Yes. He is 6' 8".

Tyrion Lannister
11-17-2014, 02:09 AM
If the season ended today, Steve Fisher should be Coach of the Year. Fisher is like Spartacus: Leader in a futile war, but nonetheless, winning pivotal battles along the way.

Cheesehead Craig
11-17-2014, 07:19 AM
Is Seattle imploding?

Marshawn Lynch is pouting (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24816105/marshawn-lynch-didnt-go-to-seahawks-locker-room-at-halftime)

George Cumby
11-17-2014, 08:36 AM
If the season ended today, Steve Fisher should be Coach of the Year. Fisher is like Spartacus: Leader in a futile war, but nonetheless, winning pivotal battles along the way.

No kidding. Third string QB? Beating quality opponents left and right. Impressive.

Cheesehead Craig
11-17-2014, 09:25 AM

No. It's Bruce Arians award to lose. Phoenix wasn't supposed to be in the playoff picture let alone almost wrapping up the division by Week 12.

pbmax
11-17-2014, 09:32 AM

For a pro football coach, Steve Fisher makes a great college basketball coach.

QBME
11-17-2014, 09:43 AM

:)

mraynrand
11-17-2014, 09:46 AM

Jeff Fisher can't match Steve's corruption, but you can't ask Steve about it - half his memory of the 90's has been vacated.

Fritz
11-17-2014, 02:13 PM
Fans are funny. After last week's Leos game, fans were all aboard the Super Bowl train in Detroit. Today, they want the Leos to cut ties with Stafford at the end of the season.

Tyrion Lannister
11-17-2014, 03:47 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-z9yIDPI42DI/T7Weg8DdRfI/AAAAAAAAAfw/C8cUJESbTnU/s400/35932-0-losdoh-de-homero-en-las-20-temporadas.png

Joemailman
11-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Saints situation going from bad to worse. Brandin Cooks out for the season. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000429855/article/brandin-cooks-out-for-season-with-broken-thumb