PDA

View Full Version : Here are the Tuesday cuts/roster moves

cuqui
08-29-2006, 03:33 PM
No big surprises. Never heard of the kicker.

From packers.com http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2006/08/29/1/

First, the team claimed kicker E.J. Cochrane off waivers from the Philadelphia Eagles. A 5-foot-11, 204-pound rookie from Montana State, Cochrane originally signed as a non-drafted free agent with the Falcons in February. He had signed with Philadelphia in April and connected on one of his two field-goal attempts, as well as his only PAT try, in 2006 preseason action.

Released Tuesday were fullback A.J. Cooper, long snapper Thomas Gafford, wide receiver Chad Lucas, defensive end Montez Murphy, defensive tackle Jerome Nichols, wide receiver Calvin Russell, cornerback Jerron Wishom and quarterback Brian Wrobel.

In addition, the Packers placed linebacker Kurt Campbell and safety Marviel Underwood on injured reserve.

MJZiggy
08-29-2006, 03:37 PM
How many of those did Harvey have right? I bet it's a few.

BananaMan
08-29-2006, 03:41 PM
What, did anyone actually predict any of those guys to make the roster?

Those are just the wimpy cuts. The real cuts will be made September 2nd.

CaliforniaCheez
08-29-2006, 03:41 PM
Campbell IR his first 2 years "in" the league.

The big one is Saturday.

BallHawk
08-29-2006, 03:47 PM
The big one is Saturday.

YUP!

gbpackfan
08-29-2006, 04:33 PM
East cuts to predict. You guys are right, we have to make 22 cuts on or before Sat. Those will be tough.

bbbffl66
08-29-2006, 04:44 PM
East cuts to predict. You guys are right, we have to make 22 cuts on or before Sat. Those will be tough.

After last night? Nothing tough at all!! Cut as many as possible!

gbpackfan
08-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Come on, last night sucked but it was just one preseason game. The sky isn't falling (yet). There will be some tough cuts in there.

bbbffl66
08-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Come on, last night sucked but it was just one preseason game. The sky isn't falling (yet). There will be some tough cuts in there.

Last night and San Diego both showed that except for Farve and Driver, there isn't much on this team. Thanks for using all the cap room TT!!

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Released Tuesday were fullback A.J. Cooper, long snapper Thomas Gafford, wide receiver Chad Lucas, defensive end Montez Murphy, defensive tackle Jerome Nichols, wide receiver Calvin Russell, cornerback Jerron Wishom and quarterback Brian Wrobel.

In addition, the Packers placed linebacker Kurt Campbell and safety Marviel Underwood on injured reserve.

How many of those did Harvey have right? I bet it's a few.

My prediction:

S Jeremy Modkins, CB Antonio Malone, CB Jerron Wishom, LS Thomas Gafford, LB Tim Goodwell, WR Calvin Russell, DE Montez Murphy, OC Pete Traynor

They might cut Brian Wrobel--unless they feel they need the arm in camp still.

I predicted Underwood would go on IL (not tough), and I got Wishom, Murphy, Gafford, Murphy, Russell, and Wrobel (sort of) correct. I didn't anticipate Campbell going on IL. That makes 6. I was going to say Lucas, but I didn't.

Guiness
08-31-2006, 04:01 PM
Chad Lucas was a mild surprise - after a decent year in NFLE, he had a shot. Didn't he also qualify for an NFLE exemption? If so, he must've been pretty bad to be let go.

Other than that, camp bodies.

MJZiggy
08-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Chad Lucas was a mild surprise - after a decent year in NFLE, he had a shot. Didn't he also qualify for an NFLE exemption? If so, he must've been pretty bad to be let go.

Other than that, camp bodies. The NFLE exemption expired with this cutdown. Those guys are no longer exempt.

esoxx
08-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Nichols & Lucas excelled in NFLE and yet can't make the first cut on an NFL roster. Goes once again to show the garbage level competition in NFLE. I always get a chuckle out of someone getting all excited about a player doing well over there. Really means nothing. Warner and others were flukes. Numbers situation... you put enough players over there and a handful are bound to turn out making it in the NFL. But it really has nothing to do with playing over there and doing well against that suckass level of competition.