PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo: vs. Eagles Week 11

pbmax
11-16-2014, 06:35 PM
Special Teams not so special. Actually, coverage looked fine versus Sproles. FG and punt blockers looked over matched.

Matthews looks like he is still nursing a leg.

Nelson might have another leg.

Ivy League schools still teach the leg whip.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Do you agree with Maxie; was this a signature win?

Better than road win versus Dolphins?

pbmax
11-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 14m14 minutes ago
Tim Masthay's punt is blocked and he is limping off the field afterward. Second blocked punt allowed by #Packers this season.

To recap your #Packers special teams today: Blocked punt. blocked PAT, bobbled PAT snap/miss, missed FG, punt return for TD.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 06:39 PM
For Joe:

Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 19m19 minutes ago
love that last part RT @robreischel: If everything holds up, #NFC wildcard teams are #Packers & #Cowboys. #Seahawks & #49ers would be out.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 06:40 PM
Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 24m24 minutes ago
Rodgers today: 22-36, 341 yds, 3 TD, 120.3 rating. #PHIvsGB

red
11-16-2014, 06:41 PM
What'd you do, start this in the first half?

That was an all out ass whooping against a good team minus their star QB

Our offense is clicking right now and there may not be anyone that can stop them

If the d can keep their shit going, we're gonna be tough to beat the rest of the year

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2014, 07:09 PM
What'd you do, start this in the first half?

That was an all out ass whooping against a good team minus their star QB

I wouldn't consider Foles a star. He's their starter, but was having an awful year (56% completion, 13 TDs, 10 int, 3 lost fumbles). Last year was starting to look like a fluke.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 07:17 PM
I wouldn't consider Foles a star. He's their starter, but was having an awful year (56% completion, 13 TDs, 10 int, 3 lost fumbles). Last year was starting to look like a fluke.

Like the Bears (and Packers) the Eagles look terrible on offense with the current injured offensive line.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Green Bay Packers @packers · 38m 38 minutes ago
McCarthy: Very good home victory. I thought our players did an excellent job in all three phases. #PHIvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 37m 37 minutes ago
McCarthy on Eagles' tempo: I thought we handled it very well. Our communication was seamless. #PHIvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 36m 36 minutes ago
McCarthy: I've got to figure out new ways to compliment Aaron Rodgers. He's playing at an extremely high level. #PHIvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 35m 35 minutes ago
McCarthy on Lambeau Field success: We have a great home-field advantage. It's a special place to play. #PHIvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 33m 33 minutes ago
McCarthy on Hyde punt return for TD: Micah did a great job catching it, getting north & south & finishing it. Great return. #PHIvsGB

pbmax
11-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Green Bay Packers @packers · 21m 21 minutes ago
Rodgers: We're playing really well right now. This is the kind of stretch you want to be on at this point in the season. #PHIvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 18m 18 minutes ago
Rodgers on Eddie Lacy: He's such a big guy. He's tough to bring down. He's a weapon and he's got deceptive speed.

Green Bay Packers @packers · 16m 16 minutes ago
Rodgers: This was important to gauge where we're at. This was the kind of win we needed. #PHIvsGB

Green Bay Packers @packers · 15m 15 minutes ago
Rodgers on 27-yd TD to Nelson: Done it a lot in practice. We talk about the throws & spots we want to hit. Jordy's a great route runner.

pittstang5
11-16-2014, 07:54 PM
Regarding Cobb....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwEIjbfOHD0

Harlan Huckleby
11-16-2014, 07:56 PM
Green Bay Packers @packers · 33m 33 minutes ago
McCarthy on Hyde punt return for TD: Micah did a great job catching it, getting north & south & finishing it. Great return. #PHIvsGB

I thought the punter was gonna catch him from behind

pittstang5
11-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Where has Daniels been?

Guiness
11-16-2014, 08:22 PM
To recap your #Packers special teams today: Blocked punt. blocked PAT, bobbled PAT snap/miss, missed FG, punt return for TD.

Winning hides a lot of things, but that is atrocious. FG would be least of my worries though - it was 50 yards, hardly a gimme, going to miss some of those.

Bossman641
11-16-2014, 08:39 PM
Haven't had a chance to watch the game yet but I see that Rodgers was only 4/10 on attempts to Jordy. Good coverage? Bad throws?

Joemailman
11-16-2014, 09:03 PM
For Joe:

Jersey Al - ALLGBP ‏@JerseyAlGBP 19m19 minutes ago
love that last part RT @robreischel: If everything holds up, #NFC wildcard teams are #Packers & #Cowboys. #Seahawks & #49ers would be out.

Right now these NFC teams have to be praying Packers are a wild card. Nobody wants to play the Packers at Lambeau.

Harlan Huckleby
11-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Right now these NFC teams have to be praying Packers are a wild card. Nobody wants to play the Packers at Lambeau.
Very true. Equally true that Packers want no part of playing again in New Orleans or Seattle. Home field matters a lot.

Go Patriots next week.

PAckers have all their tough remaining games at home.

smuggler
11-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Jordy had a couple of balls knocked from his hands. Overall, the Eagles were very physical with him. I would say the rainbow in the endzone was just a good defensive play, whereas the sideline pass inside the 10 was slightly underthrown but nonetheless is a drop.

Joemailman
11-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Very true. Equally true that Packers want no part of playing again in New Orleans or Seattle. Home field matters a lot.

Go Patriots next week.

PAckers have all their tough remaining games at home.

Right now, believe it or not, Atlanta leads the NFC Sloth at 4-6 due to their win over the Saints in Week 1. They still play each other in New Orleans. Seattle is in deep trouble. They trail Arizona by 3 games, and even their wildcard chances don't seem great. Their schedule down the stretch is brutal:

12 Sun November 23 Arizona Cardinals
13 Thu November 27 @ San Francisco 49ers
14 Sun December 7 @ Philadelphia Eagles
15 Sun December 14 San Francisco 49ers
16 Sun December 21 @ Arizona Cardinals
17 Sun December 28 St. Louis Rams

George Cumby
11-16-2014, 09:55 PM
What's gotten into the Rams with all the winning and shit?

pbmax
11-16-2014, 09:58 PM
Reporters have cleared Jordy:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 42m42 minutes ago
I was wrong. @JordyRNelson "was just tired. I’m good." Limp? "We got stuck on the sideline for awhile. I was just trying to warm back up."

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 38m38 minutes ago
In fairness, Jordy didn't say he wasn't limping. He also enjoyed laugh at my expense. RT @louise__lep: I thought the word was delusional. :)

pbmax
11-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Best quote of the game so far:

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 2h2 hours ago
Peppers on his interception... "I’m not necessarily sure how he didn’t see me on that.”

I am liking Julius more and more every week. Pick 6 or no.

Julius Peppers... “This is the standard. This is what we expect. This isn’t anything different from what we expect."

pbmax
11-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Q has to get better at this. You have to get Eddie with your right elbow and hand inside your torso. Meanwhile, you reach futilely but obviously to block Eagles #27.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2m96oHCQAA37Wo.jpg:large

King Friday
11-16-2014, 10:14 PM
Seattle is in deep trouble. They trail Arizona by 3 games, and even their wildcard chances don't seem great. Their schedule down the stretch is brutal

Actually...all the contenders in the NFC West have brutal schedules remaining because they have to all play each other a lot. Seattle, SF and Arizona are going to get to know each other real well over the next month plus. That is a very good thing for everyone else in the NFC.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 10:16 PM
This about sums up the weekend:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 16m16 minutes ago
#Packers coach Mike McCarthy must've watched @Melvingordon25 and @BadgerFootball on Saturday. "Great weekend for Wisconsin football."

George Cumby
11-16-2014, 10:28 PM
Best quote of the game so far:

Peppers on his interception... "I’m not necessarily sure how he didn’t see me on that.”

I am liking Julius more and more every week. Pick 6 or no.

Julius Peppers... “This is the standard. This is what we expect. This isn’t anything different from what we expect."

I love a bit of understatement.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Rivers McCown ‏@riversmccown 13m13 minutes ago
NE vs. IND, 2013 playoffs: 46 carries, 234 yards, 6 touchdowns. NE vs. IND, tonight: 45 carries, 244 yards, 4 touchdowns.

I am sensing the Patriots might try to run on the Packers.

pbmax
11-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Anyone notice a Bear front for the Packers in the Philly game?

More from Matthews: A week after he debuted at inside linebacker in certain defensive packages, Clay Matthews added another position to his list. On several plays, he actually lined up on the line of scrimmage but outside of the outside linebacker. He batted down a pass from that spot in the third quarter. He started the game at inside linebacker next to A.J. Hawk, just like he did last week, and played the majority of his snaps there. He also played some snaps at his old spot, right outside linebacker. He was credited with five tackles, a sack and a pass breakup.

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/15296/rapid-reaction-green-bay-packers-24

mission
11-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Jordy had a couple of balls knocked from his hands. Overall, the Eagles were very physical with him. I would say the rainbow in the endzone was just a good defensive play, whereas the sideline pass inside the 10 was slightly underthrown but nonetheless is a drop.

I think he had a couple other drops too. Actually not a great game for Jordy despite a couple bigger plays. He seemed frustrated with himself.

QBME
11-17-2014, 08:26 AM
What's gotten into the Rams with all the winning and shit?

Jeff Fisher

pbmax
11-17-2014, 09:25 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/julius-peppers-exactly-what-packers-defense-needs-b99391526z1-282898411.html#packers

On the season, Peppers now has 30 tackles (17 solo), five sacks, six pass breakups, two interceptions (for 101 yards, two touchdowns), two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.

Asked multiple times if dominating a playoff contender like the Eagles was the jolt of confidence this defense needed, Peppers shook his head. He called this "the standard," what the Packers "expect."

denverYooper
11-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Adam Levitan ‏@adamlevitan 26m26 minutes ago
Per PFF, Eddie Lacy now 4th in NFL in yards after contact per attempt. Top-5 are DeMarco, Arian, Ivory, Lacy, Marshawn Lynch.

pbmax
11-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Hello McFly, HELLO!

However, they certainly have the look of invincibility at Lambeau Field, which was their gateway to the Super Bowl in 1996 and 2010.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/282869951.html

pbmax
11-17-2014, 10:21 AM
Rivers McCown ‏@riversmccown 13m13 minutes ago
NE vs. IND, 2013 playoffs: 46 carries, 234 yards, 6 touchdowns. NE vs. IND, tonight: 45 carries, 244 yards, 4 touchdowns.

I am sensing the Patriots might try to run on the Packers.

Packers might have a better run D than the Colts. Plus NE went with 6 lineman.

New England Patriots 42 at Indianapolis Colts 20
Aaron Schatz: So the Pats come in 31st in run offense DVOA, then spend the first drive completely stuffing the ball down Indy's throat with six-offensive-lineman sets and run after run. (Colts were 22nd in run defense DVOA, so at least that part makes some sense. Plus, they employ Erik Walden.)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/audibles/2014/audibles-line-week-11

Pugger
11-17-2014, 10:33 AM
Q has to get better at this. You have to get Eddie with your right elbow and hand inside your torso. Meanwhile, you reach futilely but obviously to block Eagles #27.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2m96oHCQAA37Wo.jpg:large

I'm a tad surprised they didn't flag Q for assisting Lacy getting into the end zone there.

pbmax
11-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Eddie, Q and the Gang in gif form.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--QH6eiE5x--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/yzsksdl5hmckbhuna04r.gif

ThunderDan
11-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Eddie, Q and the Gang in gif form.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--QH6eiE5x--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/yzsksdl5hmckbhuna04r.gif

There was a discussion with Mike Pereria last week on talk radio and he said pushing the running back was OK as long as you don't grab him. He was commenting on the Monday Night game, I think, where a WR was grabbed by a player in the end zone and pulled in for a TD. He said that definitely had to be called by the ref but wasn't.

mraynrand
11-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Anyone notice a Bear front for the Packers in the Philly game?

you mean where they line up and then quit? No, I didn't see that.

mraynrand
11-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Hello McFly, HELLO!

However, they certainly have the look of invincibility at Lambeau Field, which was their gateway to the Super Bowl in 1996 and 2010.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/282869951.html

Saw that too. What was he smoking? Maybe thinking gateway to the playoffs in 2010, but...weird.

hoosier
11-17-2014, 12:33 PM

I can't figure out how he survived the tackle attempt by Vinny Curry (75). Curry, by the way, puts the lie here to the idea that the Iggles got tired of tackling.

pbmax
11-17-2014, 12:37 PM
http.gif

I can't figure out how he survived the tackle attempt by Vinny Curry (75). Curry, by the way, puts the lie here to the idea that the Iggles got tired of tackling.

I think he was trying to grab his arms while tacking, hoping to force a turnover or make a TO more likely on the next hit. But when Eddie spun, he lost his grip.

ThunderDan
11-17-2014, 01:02 PM
There was a discussion with Mike Pereria last week on talk radio and he said pushing the running back was OK as long as you don't grab him. He was commenting on the Monday Night game, I think, where a WR was grabbed by a player in the end zone and pulled in for a TD. He said that definitely had to be called by the ref but wasn't.

More on Mike Pereria.

On talk radio today he was talking about his time as head of the refs. He said Monday and Tuesday he would receive tons of calls and e-mails asking about all the questionable/horrible calls from the weekend.

He said he once got a call from Jim Mora during halftime to complain about a PI call. Mike Pereria told him he only had 12 minutes and he should be with his team.

pbmax
11-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Must be seen to be believed. Best defense against Darren Sproles in years.

https://vine.co/v/O59W73bVgYF

hoosier
11-17-2014, 01:57 PM
That makes sense, Curry going for the strip. For some reason when I first saw the play it looked like Curry tried to wrap himself around Lacy and Lacy just shrugged him off without breaking stride. Maybe it was the angle, but it looked like Lacy took all of Curry's force and then gave him a superman move. :-)

mraynrand
11-17-2014, 02:50 PM

They also used defensive backs instead of Brad Jones to cover him out of the backfield. Hyde had him blanketed a couple of times. Probably was out of the 2-4. Unsound!

pbmax
11-17-2014, 04:25 PM
ALL IS WELL! REMAIN CALM!

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
MM: No medical updates from Sunday. Weren't any injuries to report after the game either (including Nelson)

SERIOUSLY, THIS IS HIS MOST UNDERRATED TRAIT. UNFLAPPABLE WITHOUT IGNORING REALITY.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 33s33 seconds ago
MM not focusing on Peterson's possible return. "If something happens, we'll adjust."

NOW I AM WORRIED HE ACTUALLY PAYS ATTENTION TO THIS STUFF. LIKE PHILLY BEAT WRITERS DID TO EAGLES WEARING HOME WHITE TO FORCE DALLAS INTO ROAD GRAYS. IT WORKED ONCE I THINK.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 1m1 minute ago
McCarthy: We're not only 4-0 in (throwback) uniforms, but the point differential is pretty high. Those were all pretty good days for us.

smuggler
11-17-2014, 05:36 PM
I honestly love the throwbacks, even more with the yellow helmets. I wish the pants were yellow, though.

pbmax
11-17-2014, 05:43 PM
I honestly love the throwbacks, even more with the yellow helmets. I wish the pants were yellow, though.

I like them too. Love the jersey. Not sure I would love yellow pants, but yellow helmets work OK.

ThunderDan
11-17-2014, 05:51 PM
My wife hates them and asked me why they have them. I said a third jersey to sell to fans.

Maxie the Taxi
11-17-2014, 08:36 PM
Do you agree with Maxie; was this a signature win?

Better than road win versus Dolphins?

I don't know if I agree with Maxie. I sure feel better about the team after the win than I did before. I thought it was an important game to win for a lot of reasons. The Pack made Sanchez, Philly and Chip Kelly look way less formidable than advertised. The next two games will clinch it for me. Can we smoke Minnesota at home in a game we're supposed to? Or will we lay an egg as we have in the past? Can we beat New England, a top quality team, with a proven coach, the best tight end in the league, a good running game and an elite QB? Or will we stumble as we have in the past?

The New England game would probably be my "signature game." Right now I'm pretty darn confident we can beat Brady and company, at home or away.

mission
11-17-2014, 11:46 PM

Wonder how many DLs are smart enough to take the angle he did there. How many times do you see a play like this from a DT?

smuggler
11-18-2014, 02:37 AM
I saw that play live and I said to my friend that it was one of the most impressive line plays I've ever witnessed. Recognizes the screen. Locates the running back, tracks him to prevent a cutback and push to the sideline, follows it by wrapping up a particularly wiry back.

The outcome was nice, but obviously not spectacular. A simple tackle. A pick six is preferrable, obviously, but this play was a thing of beauty, nonetheless.

pbmax
11-18-2014, 07:30 AM
You would need Jolly to intercept it to get much better. He could have recognized it earlier (that goes for all the line) but the pursuit was spectacular.

Pugger
11-18-2014, 09:55 AM

Oh, thanks for that clarification. I truly wondered about that play. :-)

Pugger
11-18-2014, 09:59 AM
I saw that play live and I said to my friend that it was one of the most impressive line plays I've ever witnessed. Recognizes the screen. Locates the running back, tracks him to prevent a cutback and push to the sideline, follows it by wrapping up a particularly wiry back.

The outcome was nice, but obviously not spectacular. A simple tackle. A pick six is preferrable, obviously, but this play was a thing of beauty, nonetheless.

Not that many weeks ago a lot of folks were ready to run Guion out of town on a rail.