PDA

View Full Version : Winners and Losers - Eagles Week

call_me_ishmael
11-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Let's hear it.

RashanGary
11-16-2014, 10:45 PM
Off the top of my head, and I'm sure I'm missing a lot here, but. . . .

Winners:

Aaron Rodgers - Obvious
Jordy Nelson - Jordy being Jordy
Randall Cobb - Really coming on
Julius Peppers - He looked more amped up on Clay's sack than any play he's made as a Packer. It's not "all about him." He's been an amazing addition. And the Pick-6 didn't hurt.
Clay Matthews - Back to back games with a sack, while working mostly at ILB.
Tramon Williams - That was a really cool pick, the way he got around the defender there. It was a unique way to intercept a ball.
Eddie Lacy - Rumblin, bumblin, stumblin to the endzone. He's fun to watch
The entire offensive line - Rodgers put on a clinic, but how many times did he just sit back there, scanning the field? The OL has really played excellent football as of late.
The safeties and ILB's. It just seems like guys are flying downhill lately, a different kind of aggressiveness in the middle of the field. Maybe Clay is raising the bar and the rest of the team is just playing up to his standard.... I don't know, but their flying around!
Michah Hyde - Some good plays on defense and a sweet punt return for a touchdown
Mike McCarthy - Cuz this team is just rolling
Dom Capers - Has the defense playing great football

Losers

STs blunders
I don't know if there was much else. It was a pretty damn good game!

RashanGary
11-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Aaron Rodgers is another kind of fucking awesome lately. Just WOW!! Short passes, passes over the middle, passes on the boundary, deep passes, medium passes, passes against the blitz, passes on the run, moving in the pocket, avoiding sacks, a LOT of TD passes, very few interceptions, back shoulder throws, deep throws in stride, quick slants, deep outs, running with the ball.... He's doing everything!!! Best QB play I've ever seen, and I've been lucky enough to see some pretty good QB play in Green Bay. From Majik to Favre to Rodgers..... This is just incredible what Rodgers is doing!!

channtheman
11-17-2014, 12:51 AM
Not sure if I put Jordy on the winners list today. Not a bad game by any means but he double clutched 2 TD passes (the first one didn't catch it in time) plus had 2 other drops that I recall. He isn't a loser but didn't deserve to be a winner this week. Was not up to his usual self.

Patler
11-17-2014, 06:09 AM
Not sure if I put Jordy on the winners list today. Not a bad game by any means but he double clutched 2 TD passes (the first one didn't catch it in time) plus had 2 other drops that I recall. He isn't a loser but didn't deserve to be a winner this week. Was not up to his usual self.

I was thinking that too, but the tip-toe dance around the marker to get the TD was enough to put him on the winners list, in my opinion.

Joemailman
11-17-2014, 06:11 AM
Lacy!!!

https://vine.co/v/O5tJzBjw5YF

George Cumby
11-17-2014, 08:38 AM
Aaron Rodgers is another kind of fucking awesome lately. Just WOW!! Short passes, passes over the middle, passes on the boundary, deep passes, medium passes, passes against the blitz, passes on the run, moving in the pocket, avoiding sacks, a LOT of TD passes, very few interceptions, back shoulder throws, deep throws in stride, quick slants, deep outs, running with the ball.... He's doing everything!!! Best QB play I've ever seen, and I've been lucky enough to see some pretty good QB play in Green Bay. From Majik to Favre to Rodgers..... This is just incredible what Rodgers is doing!!

Rodgers is out of this world. He is making throws that don't make any fucking sense. His feet aren't set, he's in the air when he releases the ball, it's crazy what he's doing.

ThunderDan
11-17-2014, 08:43 AM
I was thinking that too, but the tip-toe dance around the marker to get the TD was enough to put him on the winners list, in my opinion.

That play was right in front of us. Completely awesome!

MadScientist
11-17-2014, 09:37 AM
Winners:
Pretty much everybody, but special note to:
Hyde - TD punt return may be enough to keep Cobb off the returns (need him too much on offense).
Peppers - Who says he's a rush only OLB who can't drop back into coverage. (Ok if I didn't say it, I thought it earlier. Waiter my crow please).
Backups - Real game time action thanks to blow outs. Will help down the line.
Pass blocking - Rodgers had all day to throw and the Eagles paid for it, big time.

Losers:
Run blocking - Lacey had one run, but otherwise he and Starks were bottled up.
Game day inactives - Lost out on good PT opportunities.
Crosby - blocked PAT (plus a botched snap on another) plus a long miss will hurt stats.
Punt blocking - Complete jailbreak lead to a blocked punt. Even in garbage time that can't happen.

Tony Oday
11-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Lacy: He is so frustrating to me. There was a play that he could have lowered the boom with 2 yards left on a swing pass and instead did a spin move on the sidelines and ended up a yard short. Lacy NEEDS to be a one cut hit the hole guy, I am sick of seeing his dancing with a stars audition in the backfield. When he runs north and south he is awesome and VERY hard to take down.

Letroy Guion I think played a solid game and a solid game out of a off the scrap heap Viking is awesome.

Brad Jones: For not getting on the field he gets a game ball

TE's seemed to get open in the middle. Not a ton but enough to make the single high, WTF how do you single high AR, Saftey look at them and open up Nelson and Co.

Crosby missed...not a fan

Dom called a what must have been a great game to stop this high powered offense.

Offensive line!!!! WOW they played great.

Hyde!!!

pbmax
11-17-2014, 09:50 AM
Brad Jones: For not getting on the field he gets a game ball

He had a whale of a game on Special Teams.

pbmax
11-17-2014, 09:53 AM
And this is only when he is headed for the bank.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Z2sgkR4nM

Tony Oday
11-17-2014, 09:58 AM
He had a whale of a game on Special Teams.

And that's where he should stay until he is cut next year.

pbmax
11-17-2014, 10:25 AM
And that's where he should stay until he is cut next year.

You don't think Ted will have on to a $2.5 mil per year special teams ace? :lol:

Pugger
11-17-2014, 10:27 AM

One dropped TD was because the DB grabbed his arm.

MadScientist
11-17-2014, 12:40 PM
One more loser:
Guion's paycheck - that sack he had could have been called for helmet to helmet, and will likely receive a fine. (QB ducked into the hit, but rules is rules).

Guiness
11-17-2014, 01:23 PM

And the 50yd reception early. It was a statement. Pack didn't get a TD, but they scored on the opening drive, putting them ahead where they stayed. The Eagles were literally playing from behind the whole game because of that completion.

Guiness
11-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Lacy!!!

https://vine.co/v/O5tJzBjw5YF

Did 75 try to kick him after he shook off the tackle?:x

Freak Out
11-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Winners - Packers

Losers - Iggles

It always blows my mind when I see defenses load the box and leave Nelson 1x1 with the CB and one deep Safety.

Fritz
11-17-2014, 02:11 PM
Winners - Packers

Losers - Iggles

It always blows my mind when I see defenses load the box and leave Nelson 1x1 with the CB and one deep Safety.

Seems to me that it's become abundantly clear that the way to beat this offense is by having the ability to generate a pass rush with your front four, and playing two-deep safety.

That's a description of the Lions' defense. I wonder who else has the ingredients for that recipe?

MadScientist
11-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Seems to me that it's become abundantly clear that the way to beat this offense is by having the ability to generate a pass rush with your front four, and playing two-deep safety.

That's a description of the Lions' defense. I wonder who else has the ingredients for that recipe?

Rams, but they won't make the playoffs.
Seattle maybe, but they either injuries or SB hangover seem to be taking their toll.
AZ? I know their defense is playing great, but not sure how they are doing it.

mraynrand
11-17-2014, 02:53 PM

49ers with Aldon Smith returning. Several teams in the AFC. Bills, for example. Pats can do it in a sense. Look at last nights game at Indy - Belicheat will do that same thing - put Revis on Cobb and double Nelson - make Rodgers throw to the other guys and hope he gets pressure with line plus Ninkovich.

Harlan Huckleby
11-17-2014, 02:59 PM
Jordy Nelson - Jordy being Jordy

He did have some uncharacteristic drops. Just a so-so day for his standards.

Harlan Huckleby
11-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Pass blocking - Rodgers had all day to throw and the Eagles paid for it, big time.

Packers would be unbeatable with that pass blocking every game.

Harlan Huckleby
11-17-2014, 03:05 PM
Big loser to the refs for the celebration in endzone penalty. I don't like the rule to begin with, but there was no organized performance there.

pbmax
11-17-2014, 04:41 PM
Winners - Packers

Losers - Iggles

They started to make it work (too late) in the second half. Packers didn't have the same big plays. But at that point, a letdown might be impossible to avoid.

I worry less about Fritz's 2 deep/pass rushing front four at Lambeau where the O line gets the advantage of hearing the snap count. Was much worse on the road versus Seattle, Detroit and the Saints once AR was hurt.

Have to hope Bulaga and Bach are better late in the season on the road. BB will likely be healthy at least.

Packers still have a reasonable shot of home field if they only drop one more. Cardinals have a brutal remaining schedule and more road than home contests. Packers have to get two big wins at home.

pbmax
11-17-2014, 04:42 PM
49ers with Aldon Smith returning. Several teams in the AFC. Bills, for example. Pats can do it in a sense. Look at last nights game at Indy - Belicheat will do that same thing - put Revis on Cobb and double Nelson - make Rodgers throw to the other guys and hope he gets pressure with line plus Ninkovich.

How big is Revis? Last night he looked short. If Jordy is taller (at 6' 3"), I still think they dial it up to Son of Ozzie and Harriet.

Freak Out
11-17-2014, 04:53 PM
How big is Revis? Last night he looked short. If Jordy is taller (at 6' 3"), I still think they dial it up to Son of Ozzie and Harriet.

:) lol....SOOAH can beat Revis if the zebras call it as it's written.

Joemailman
11-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Crosby missed...not a fan

Crosby missed a 50 yd field goal into the wind on a cold day. I was at the game and had a bad angle, so I couldn't tell how bad he missed, but that's a tough chance. I think in a close game MM probably goes for it on 4th and 6.

Tyrion Lannister
11-17-2014, 06:58 PM
Hyde!!!

I dunno if I'm in the minority here, but I don't wanna see Hyde play defense. The guy allowed 2 long passes in the game, including the one that put the Eagles in scoring position prior to the half. Hyde should focus mainly on special teams.

The Packers have a better option: Playmaker Casey Hayward.

Patler
11-17-2014, 08:16 PM
Crosby missed a 50 yd field goal into the wind on a cold day. I was at the game and had a bad angle, so I couldn't tell how bad he missed, but that's a tough chance. I think in a close game MM probably goes for it on 4th and 6.

From the TV angle. it looked like he missed by only a little. He had plenty of distance. Looked like it kept drifting right. Not wide by much.

No one should be overly critical about that miss. Crosby has missed two kicks all year. He's 3 of 4 from 50+. Only 11 kickers have tried 4 or more from 50+. None have attempted more than 6. All have missed at least one. Cold and windy, yet he barely missed.

Maxie the Taxi
11-17-2014, 08:18 PM
Hyde's the type of player who is going to get better and better the more he plays because he's smart and he learns. I thought he played a great game yesterday on defense, let alone his punt return. Not to take anything away from Hayward who I like as well.

Tyrion Lannister
11-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Hyde's the type of player who is going to get better and better the more he plays because he's smart and he learns. I thought he played a great game yesterday on defense, let alone his punt return. Not to take anything away from Hayward who I like as well.

It's easy to overlook the negatives when you've just annihilated an opponent - such as the missed fg, missed PATs, blocked punts, etc. The 40 yards Hyde allowed with 23 seconds left in the 2nd quarter could've been costly in a close game. That put the Eagles in scoring position and they got the ball first in 2nd half.

Joemailman
11-17-2014, 09:20 PM

I like Hyde, but I think his upside is limited. He's probably better at nickel/dime than at Safety. He's golden as a punt returner.

ThunderDan
11-17-2014, 09:59 PM
From the TV angle. it looked like he missed by only a little. He had plenty of distance. Looked like it kept drifting right. Not wide by much.

No one should be overly critical about that miss. Crosby has missed two kicks all year. He's 3 of 4 from 50+. Only 11 kickers have tried 4 or more from 50+. None have attempted more than 6. All have missed at least one. Cold and windy, yet he barely missed.

It was a weird wind at Lambeau yesterday. It was out of the SW. Usually cold days like that it is coming out of the North.

Ball should have been blown to the left but with the new closed in south end zone I am wondering if they haven't seen that wind before and were guessing on its potential effect.

King Friday
11-17-2014, 10:49 PM

The number of 50 yarders hit at Lambeau in those conditions can probably be counted on one hand. Blaming any kicker for missing a 50 yarder in blustery weather is just dumb. If it was a close game, McCarthy would not have taken that chance...but he was giving Crosby a rep in those conditions for the weeks ahead, knowing the chances were probably 25% at best.

HarveyWallbangers
11-18-2014, 12:52 AM
Crosby has missed two kicks all year.

I believe the other miss was blocked too, so that was his first true miss of the year, wasn't it? A 50 yarder at a cold and windy Lambeau is a 50-50 proposition at best. McCarthy sure doesn't worry about Crosby's stats or confidence. He also nailed another 55 yarder this year.

Pugger
11-18-2014, 10:10 AM
One more loser:
Guion's paycheck - that sack he had could have been called for helmet to helmet, and will likely receive a fine. (QB ducked into the hit, but rules is rules).

I hope the league looks at that. How can you stop hitting the QB's head if he crawls into a fetal position before getting sacked?

King Friday
11-18-2014, 05:46 PM
I hope the league looks at that. How can you stop hitting the QB's head if he crawls into a fetal position before getting sacked?

No flag was thrown...so you could say the league already has looked at it. The NFL must put that kind of language in the rulebook considering the whole head trauma lawsuit shit, but I think they have become more lenient on plays like the ones against Sanchez where defensive players have to engage and tackle the QB, but do not launch intentionally into the QB's helmet.

Pugger
11-18-2014, 05:55 PM
No flag was thrown...so you could say the league already has looked at it. The NFL must put that kind of language in the rulebook considering the whole head trauma lawsuit shit, but I think they have become more lenient on plays like the ones against Sanchez where defensive players have to engage and tackle the QB, but do not launch intentionally into the QB's helmet.

Someone on another Packer forum wondered if Guion would get fined for that hit even tho no flag was thrown.

red
11-18-2014, 05:59 PM
Big loser to the refs for the celebration in endzone penalty. I don't like the rule to begin with, but there was no organized performance there.

Yeah, seems to me to send the wrong message

Celebrate big play with teamates=wrong

Make it all about yourself in a team game = fine

pbmax
11-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Someone on another Packer forum wondered if Guion would get fined for that hit even tho no flag was thrown.

Yes, it can happen and has happened before.

3irty1
11-18-2014, 07:23 PM
Yeah, seems to me to send the wrong message

Celebrate big play with teamates=wrong

Make it all about yourself in a team game = fine

Is that seriously the rule now? That's bogus.

pbmax
11-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Winner - Aaron Rodgers. Loser - Eagles Dignity

Eagles do not appreciate Aaron Rodgers’ amusement (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/18/eagles-do-not-appreciate-aaron-rodgers-amusement/)

“It’s just one of them things where you want to smack that smirk off his face,” Graham said. “But I mean they definitely came to play. I’ve got to take my hat off to him. That’s the first time I have ever seen that.

“We started talking about it toward the end. We were like, ‘He’s been laughing at us all day.’ He’s a good quarterback, man. I would love to see him in the playoffs.”

Apparently, Rodgers would love to see the Eagles in the playoffs, too.