PDA

View Full Version : Is Greg Jennings pouting?

Patler
11-22-2014, 05:40 AM
From JSO question and answer session with Matt Vensel of the Star Tribune:

Q: It wasn't too long ago that Greg Jennings was catching passes on the Super Bowl stage. Now he's part of a rebuilding franchise. Is he frustrated? Embracing the process? Where's his head at right now?

Vensel: I would love to ask him for you, but he doesn’t make too many appearances in the locker room nowadays. Jennings has been quiet both on and off the field, and any leadership he is providing behind closed doors isn’t enough to compensate for his lack of production as a wide receiver. I thought he might click with Teddy Bridgewater, being the team’s one veteran receiver and all, but too often he has disappeared. It will be interesting to see if the Vikings decided to cut ties with him after the season or if they pay for one more year.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/283519311.html

King Friday
11-22-2014, 07:36 AM
Greg Jennings knows he messed up. While he would not be an elite receiver at this point with Green Bay, he would still be relevant simply because of Aaron Rodgers. Now, Jennings' career is pretty much over...unless he can catch a bargain deal with another tier 1 QB if the Vikings dump him. I hope the super duper incredible wondercolor Twin Cities educational opportunities for his young children were worth throwing away 3+ years of his professional career. My guess is that he would be far happier in Green Bay...and his kids probably wouldn't be any less intelligent.

That is how a proud extrovert becomes sullen and quiet...they realize their bombast led them down the wrong trail this time.

Pugger
11-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Greg Jennings knows he messed up. While he would not be an elite receiver at this point with Green Bay, he would still be relevant simply because of Aaron Rodgers. Now, Jennings' career is pretty much over...unless he can catch a bargain deal with another tier 1 QB if the Vikings dump him. I hope the super duper incredible wondercolor Twin Cities educational opportunities for his young children were worth throwing away 3+ years of his professional career. My guess is that he would be far happier in Green Bay...and his kids probably wouldn't be any less intelligent.

That is how a proud extrovert becomes sullen and quiet...they realize their bombast led them down the wrong trail this time.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for him either. He wanted to the be The Man and get the big bucks. I hope being irrelevant these 3 years was worth it Greg. :lol:

pbmax
11-22-2014, 09:10 AM
To answer the question: yes.

But I would take him back in a heartbeat. Everyone screws up and gets mad about it. Makes them even more loyal when they get another quality shot. Probably doesn't work cap-wise, but if he did a good enough job bending Aaron's ear after that game in MN and Aaron wanted him, I'd even tolerate his sister's Tweets.

RashanGary
11-22-2014, 09:37 AM

But I would take him back in a heartbeat. Everyone screws up and gets mad about it. Makes them even more loyal when they get another quality shot. Probably doesn't work cap-wise, but if he did a good enough job bending Aaron's ear after that game in MN and Aaron wanted him, I'd even tolerate his sister's Tweets.

Agreed, man! We all get to live and learn a little. Thats being human. Knowledge without compassion is just knowledge. With compassion, its wisdom.

mraynrand
11-22-2014, 10:18 AM
BRING BLACK JENNINGS!!!!!

Maxie the Taxi
11-22-2014, 11:35 AM
BRING BLACK JENNINGS!!!!!

+1. Guy won us a Superbowl. He's still got some gas in his tank.

Bretsky
11-22-2014, 12:46 PM
Hoody offered him 2 Yr at 6MIL per year. At least with Rodgers and Brady he'd still be relevant.

After Minnesota cuts him he should take a dam humble pill and sign with a team who has a franchise QB so he can be a player again

King Friday
11-22-2014, 02:57 PM
He was entering the downside of his career when he went to the Vikings. There is no way in hell I want him back now. Not that I have to worry...he ain't coming back to Green Bay.

gbgary
11-23-2014, 02:35 AM
no room for him here now. sorry greg.

Joemailman
11-23-2014, 08:28 AM

What would he really offer the Packers? Is he better than Nelson, Cobb, or an ascending Adams? Would he be happy as the #4 WR on a team that doesn't run 4 WR sets much anymore? Doesn't look like a good fit to me.

Bossman641
11-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Only way I could see Jennings coming back would be if Packers couldn't get a deal done with Cobb, which they will. Greg made his bed, now he can sleep in it.

pbmax
11-23-2014, 09:16 AM
What would he really offer the Packers? Is he better than Nelson, Cobb, or an ascending Adams? Would he be happy as the #4 WR on a team that doesn't run 4 WR sets much anymore? Doesn't look like a good fit to me.

Routes deep into the middle of the defense.

Tyrion Lannister
11-23-2014, 09:20 AM
I still remember vividly the amorous excitement a hot chick named Mazin displayed when Jennings was drafted. So I went back in time and tried to find the post Mazzin wrote in which she displayed her amorous excitement, but without avail. Instead I came upon this post by an infamous poster:

Tank's Take On the Draft:

Rd Players
1 Hawk LB
Michael Huff was clearly the best defensive players in this draft; the Texas DB has no weakness at all. Hawk's coverage skill is a liability. I think Greenway is the more complete player because he has excellent coverage skill. Why did Thompson draft Hawk if he was not the best defensive player? Same reason why you would marry an ugly girl over a pretty girl. You love the ugly girl...

2 Jennings WR
Two words: Chad Jackson. Two more words: fuck up. All Thompson got for trading Walker is this guy.

Boy, was I wrong about Jennings. The guy's a great route runner, and great route runners usually last until their mid/late 30's. Jerry Rice, Derrick Mason, Donald Driver, Anquan Boldin are a few examples. Jennings belongs in that class.

I would welcome Jennings back with open arms...and amorous excitement. :)

Note: I included the thing about Hawk cos it's Vikings week and Greenway obviously has had a better career than Hawk.

Joemailman
11-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Routes deep into the middle of the defense.

Maybe, but I wonder if he has the same speed he had that we remember from 2006-2011.

Tyrion Lannister
11-23-2014, 09:51 AM
Maybe, but I wonder if he has the same speed he had that we remember from 2006-2011.

Jenning's fine and dandy. He just needs a good qb throwing him the rock.

red
11-23-2014, 11:23 AM
He burned his bridges

Have fun NOT being remembered

gbgary
11-23-2014, 07:13 PM
he'll be remembered... just not fondly.

George Cumby
11-23-2014, 07:17 PM
That ship has sailed.

TravisWilliams23
11-23-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm too lazy to look it up myself but has his sister tweeted anything juicy/negative about the Minnesota qb's or did the big pay day satisfy her need to criticize the man throwing the rock to her brother?

woodbuck27
11-24-2014, 08:41 AM
I still remember vividly the amorous excitement a hot chick named Mazin displayed when Jennings was drafted. So I went back in time and tried to find the post Mazzin wrote in which she displayed her amorous excitement, but without avail. Instead I came upon this post by an infamous poster:

Boy, was I wrong about Jennings. The guy's a great route runner, and great route runners usually last until their mid/late 30's. Jerry Rice, Derrick Mason, Donald Driver, Anquan Boldin are a few examples. Jennings belongs in that class.

I would welcome Jennings back with open arms...and amorous excitement. :)

Note: I included the thing about Hawk cos it's Vikings week and Greenway obviously has had a better career than Hawk.

I'd add The Ravens and former Panthers WR Steve Smith.

I'm wondering if he can continue his 'Saints Killer' touch on MNF today.

Guiness
11-24-2014, 08:58 AM
I'm too lazy to look it up myself but has his sister tweeted anything juicy/negative about the Minnesota qb's or did the big pay day satisfy her need to criticize the man throwing the rock to her brother?

pretty sure here account was deleted shortly after all of that

denverYooper
11-24-2014, 09:00 AM

I think she realized that it really *was* the guy throwing her brother the ball after all.

mraynrand
11-24-2014, 09:07 AM
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2013/03/27/1226607/281922-grumpy-cat.jpg

3irty1
11-24-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm sure in a better circumstance he could once again be productive, maybe even earn his paycheck. Some things are more important than talent though so good riddance Greg. Enjoy your retirement in Minnesota.

Carolina_Packer
11-27-2014, 07:00 AM
The former Packer I would want back the most at this point is Charles Johnson. I wonder if Ted considered signing him off of the Browns practice squad like the Vikes did. I would have rather signed him off the practice squad than Kevin Dorsey. He's the size of Jordy and he runs a 4.38. Of course he's going to have to learn route running, but I think Ted should have gotten him back. I would have also taken him over Jarrett Boykin who has played some nice special teams, but Charles Johnson likely has more ceiling than Boykin.

Pugger
11-27-2014, 07:34 AM
I'm beginning to wonder why Janis is not seeing more playing time. Was he that far behind the others because he played at a D-2 school but has so much talent that we feared we'd lose him if we tried to sneak him onto the PS?

woodbuck27
11-27-2014, 07:55 AM
The former Packer I would want back the most at this point is Charles Johnson. I wonder if Ted considered signing him off of the Browns practice squad like the Vikes did. I would have rather signed him off the practice squad than Kevin Dorsey. He's the size of Jordy and he runs a 4.38. Of course he's going to have to learn route running, but I think Ted should have gotten him back. I would have also taken him over Jarrett Boykin who has played some nice special teams, but Charles Johnson likely has more ceiling than Boykin.

He's doing very well in Minny. Over the last two weeks, Johnson has totaled 9 receptions for 139 yards and 1 TD on a team-high 18 targets, emerging as the No. 1 receiver for Teddy Bridgewater.

In last weeks game Vs the Packers:

Charles Johnson caught three passes for 52 yards and a TD.

Johnson finished with a team-high 12 targets. He scored on a 22-yard catch late in the first half, and was able to add a two-point conversion

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/8615/charles-johnson