PDA

View Full Version : winners and sinners

Harlan Huckleby
11-23-2014, 03:13 PM
I don't know why every Viking receiver was open all day.

I'll just say the secondary sucked cause I know no better

Cheesehead Craig
11-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Winners:
Lacy - Studly McStud
Rodgers, Cobb and Nelson - Because they didn't try and do too much and realized they just needed to be solid vs spectacular this game.

Losers:
Pass rush - Horrible, undisciplined angles and too often Teddy had a ton of room to run.
Special teams - Horrible kickoff decisions, less than adequate coverage.

digitaldean
11-23-2014, 05:25 PM
Winners - Lacy. Was reading on Twitter that he was sick during the game. DAMN...if he was playing that way when he was sick, heaven help the Pats next week.
O-Line: Got the job done today and got enough holes for Lacy to have a consistent game today.

Losers:
AJ Hawk: I just have visions of Gronk about 7 yards ahead of him running across the middle next week....
The maddening holding penalties on BOTH sides of ball that negated great plays on O or defensive stops on D.

red
11-23-2014, 06:23 PM
I dont know if i would call a rod, or fat mikes play calling all that great.

They are looking for the home run ball waaay to much, instead of just taking what they are being given.

One one series i think it was 2nd and 27. a rod dropped back and threw deep down the sideline to a guy that was well covered. Replay showed that there was at least one, maybe 2 guys way open right in front of a rod for gains of maybe 10-15 yards. On third down they again went for the home run and failed.

Also, whats up with fat mike and his challenges? Does he ever get any right? I knew the rule and knew that was a catch as soon as i saw the first replay. What bonehead is talking him into doing all these?

red
11-23-2014, 06:25 PM
Winners - Lacy. Was reading on Twitter that he was sick during the game. DAMN...if he was playing that way when he was sick, heaven help the Pats next week.
O-Line: Got the job done today and got enough holes for Lacy to have a consistent game today.

Losers:
AJ Hawk: I just have visions of Gronk about 7 yards ahead of him running across the middle next week....
The maddening holding penalties on BOTH sides of ball that negated great plays on O or defensive stops on D.

Hawk looked like he was playing at quarter speed today, and it really looked at times like he wasnt giving 100%. Which is rare for him. All he really has going for him is his high motor, without that hes completely worthless

Harlan Huckleby
11-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Also, whats up with fat mike and his challenges?

I don't think it's a huge deal, but the spontaneous flag tossing is odd. Sort of like somebody with a nervous tic, or tourette syndrome.

Maxie the Taxi
11-23-2014, 06:35 PM
From the statistics and the radio broadcast of the game, Micah Hyde seemed to have his "A" game today.

Harlan Huckleby
11-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Hawk looked like he was playing at quarter speed today, and it really looked at times like he wasnt giving 100%. Which is rare for him. All he really has going for him is his high motor, without that hes completely worthless
I think we should keep our powder dry until we know whether he was injured. He looked like he played with minor hamstring injury.

Bill Curry describes lesson he learned as player for Vince Lombardi

Lesson four: It is not enough to play hurt. One must play well while playing hurt.

When I arrived in Green Bay to work for Lombardi, I quickly learned what the culture demanded. The second week I had a slight hamstring pull and went to the trainer for therapy. As I lay on the training room table, superstar Paul Hornung walked over. He was one of the few veterans that was nice to rookies. He asked, "Whatcha got, kid?" I replied that my hamstring was pulled. He glanced around, leaned over in a conspiratorial manner, and said softly, "The old man doesn't believe in hamstrings."

I stood, walked out of the training room and never returned while in Green Bay. Never.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=curry_bill&id=2622535

red
11-23-2014, 07:03 PM
From the statistics and the radio broadcast of the game, Micah Hyde seemed to have his "A" game today.

Id say hyde was up and down. He had some rough spots early

mraynrand
11-23-2014, 07:05 PM
Packers D did not do well against pick plays

Harlan Huckleby
11-23-2014, 07:09 PM
Mike Neal had a long day

pbmax
11-23-2014, 07:30 PM

He had some loose coverages in the backend and one bad tackle attempt. But he did get the INT.

pbmax
11-23-2014, 07:32 PM
I think we should keep our powder dry until we know whether he was injured. He looked like he played with minor hamstring injury.

Bill Curry describes lesson he learned as player for Vince Lombardi
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=curry_bill&id=2622535

Bill Curry always sounds like he is/was afflicted with Stockholm Syndrome when discussing Lombardi. His story about how Lombardi challenged him that Butkus was too much for him is like listening to narration of a snuff film.

pbmax
11-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Packers D did not do well against pick plays

Is that what happened on the TD and 2 point play? Because HHCD and Shields were also doing the "you got him" routine after the 2 point conversion.

Broncos used the same play for 2 points versus the Dolphins.

Joemailman
11-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Id say hyde was up and down. He had some rough spots early

Other than the INT, I thought Hyde had a tough day. But, the INT was a big play. That's Hyde. He has some weaknesses, but he has a way of coming up with big plays.

woodbuck27
11-23-2014, 08:00 PM
I don't think it's a huge deal, but the spontaneous flag tossing is odd. Sort of like somebody with a nervous tic, or tourette syndrome.

For sure your correct......

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIDtkTZ9tI1wz2bgpyYF080UaB_IFNv XMJdgf3J8PuDbwKm87RqA

Check MM out next week.

pittstang5
11-23-2014, 08:34 PM
Sinner/loser = Bach

At least two holding calls and more could have been called. He didn't look good at all today.

Bretsky
11-23-2014, 09:04 PM
ELIOTT was getting pressure on the qb; he looks like the real deal imo.

Pugger
11-23-2014, 09:53 PM

If Lacy and House were sick I wonder how many others were today? They all looked rather lethargic out there...

Fritz
11-24-2014, 08:02 AM
Winners:

Lacey.
The offensive line.
The team.
The team.
The team.

Losers:

Hawk
Defensive lack of pressure as the game went on. So, whoever was rushing the passer.
Neal - fugly game, it seems

mraynrand
11-24-2014, 08:10 AM
Sinner/loser = Bach

At least two holding calls and more could have been called. He didn't look good at all today.

I was told he was playing against a pretty decent lineman.

mraynrand
11-24-2014, 08:11 AM

yeah

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/article9879005.ece/alternates/w620/yeah.JPG

ThunderDan
11-24-2014, 08:12 AM
Is that what happened on the TD and 2 point play? Because HHCD and Shields were also doing the "you got him" routine after the 2 point conversion.

Broncos used the same play for 2 points versus the Dolphins.

On the TD there was a clear pick by the WR but the DB was already two steps behind so it really didn't matter.

denverYooper
11-24-2014, 08:15 AM

He looked good rushing the passer.

Both he and Neal were an adventure against the run, though.

mraynrand
11-24-2014, 08:17 AM
On the TD there was a clear pick by the WR but the DB was already two steps behind so it really didn't matter.

and the ump too!

oldbutnotdeadyet
11-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Winners - me, went to the game for the 1st time in many years.

Losers - That stupid song the viking fans sing after every score. Oh, and that goddamn fog I had to drive thru to and from game.

pbmax
11-24-2014, 09:22 AM
He looked good rushing the passer.

Both he and Neal were an adventure against the run, though.

Yes he did. Elliot has cleared an important hurdle in the "Yet Another UDFA Looks Unreal In Camp" phenomenon:

He has actually demonstrated his skill in a game against a starter. So that elevates him above the likes of Jumal Rolle and Terrell Manning and places him squarely in the company of Frank Zombo and Brad Jones.

So, still some work to do.

Fritz
11-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Will he learn to play the run, or will he be the next Erik Walden?

HarveyWallbangers
11-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Yes he did. Elliot has cleared an important hurdle in the "Yet Another UDFA Looks Unreal In Camp" phenomenon:

He has actually demonstrated his skill in a game against a starter. So that elevates him above the likes of Jumal Rolle and Terrell Manning and places him squarely in the company of Frank Zombo and Brad Jones.

So, still some work to do.

I heard that Rolle is playing well for the Texans.

pbmax
11-24-2014, 11:28 AM

Could be. I am sure I could come up with another UDFA one year wonder to take his place. Elliot looks like he might have something. Maybe Rolle too.

mraynrand
11-24-2014, 12:44 PM

he has more INTs than Burnett!

KYPack
11-24-2014, 01:52 PM
he has more INTs than Burnett!

I'd like to see MB get some picks, too.

With 10 tackles, 8 solo's, he had an outstanding game.

With Dix back there, we've got a solid pair there now.

Harlan Huckleby
11-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Spiteful Packer fans will be following the careers of Jumal Rolle and Demetri Goodson through the years. Or perhaps year in case of Goodson.:evil:

Bossman641
11-24-2014, 02:41 PM
I'd like to see MB get some picks, too.

With 10 tackles, 8 solo's, he had an outstanding game.

With Dix back there, we've got a solid pair there now.

Haha

Smidgeon
11-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Losers:

Hawk - chasing that TE, he was obviously slow. Is he getting old?
Adams - did not have a good game yesterday. at. all.
Hyde - did have the INT, but played a sloppier game than usual
the Refs - a lot of non calls regarding PI against the Pack WRs; the Vike WRs also got away with on offensive PI or two (see the TD Tramontana allowed at the beginning of the play). Not a good game by them either.

Striker
11-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Winners
Lacy - Came up huge.

Quarless - Nice to see a TE involved.

Hyde - Pretty good day for him overall.

Losers
Kickoff Strategy - Umm?

Tramon Williams - Another shaky day from him.