PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 Other Games Thread Plus Some Bird

pbmax
11-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Fun preview read here: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/skeptical-football-thanksgiving-preview-edition/

with use of both the historical team point differentials and something he has produced call QB win curves.

pbmax
11-27-2014, 09:57 AM
I'm afraid those graphs have got me very cranky indeed. I'm all for integration, but this is ridiculous. It is NOT useful for looking at eras. Slopes at left end of plot are less significant than changes at right. A more interesting graph would just show margin of victory, with maybe a smoothing filter (moving average) to show era trends clearer.

Very disturbing. I'm inconsolable - don't talk to me about this again.

Thought about this again reading the preview article in OP. I think the bolded claim is wrong. Slopes at ANY points on the curve measure change in the same way and are not affected by the cumulative totals. So comparing Meredith/Staubach/Landry effect on the Cowboys to the Walsh/Montana/Young 49ers is indeed possible.

You could argue that different eras, with different rues affecting scoring make totals fluctuate, but that effect is strongly muted when considering point differentials rather than total points scored or allowed. The range may have increased over time as offense was favored, but the effect would not be as dramatic with the net figure.

George Cumby
11-27-2014, 10:42 AM
Link anyone?

King Friday
11-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Thought about this again reading the preview article in OP. I think the bolded claim is wrong. Slopes at ANY points on the curve measure change in the same way and are not affected by the cumulative totals. So comparing Meredith/Staubach/Landry effect on the Cowboys to the Walsh/Montana/Young 49ers is indeed possible.

You could argue that different eras, with different rues affecting scoring make totals fluctuate, but that effect is strongly muted when considering point differentials rather than total points scored or allowed. The range may have increased over time as offense was favored, but the effect would not be as dramatic with the net figure.

Technically, the slopes on the left should be MORE impactful than on the right, as teams played fewer games 40-50 years ago than they do today so they had less opportunity to gain or lose point differential. +50 points over 10 or 12 games is far more impressive than +50 points over 16 games.

However, there is also the notion that football prior to 1970 was not nearly as competitive as it is today. There were a handful of teams that dominated an era...and then you had a bunch of mediocre teams that they routinely beat like a drum. That would make a slope at the right side more impressive.

So, as usual, statistics can be successfully argued either way. Let's just be happy with the fact that Green Bay's line is currently on top.

pbmax
11-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Link anyone?

Just waiting to leave for bird day festivities, so here are all the possible links you might be referring to:

Game Previews with QB curves mentioned above: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/skeptical-football-thanksgiving-preview-edition/

QB Curves Original Article: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/skeptical-football-special-midterm-edition/

NFL History Point Differential: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/skeptical-football-patriots-vs-cardinals-and-an-interactive-history-of-the-nfl/

Streaming Feeds for Games (maybe you are at work): https://twitter.com/gregpunzo

PackerRats thread about Point Differential: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?27286-Official-Packers-vs-Vikings-II-Discussion-Thread&p=807580&viewfull=1#post807580

pbmax
11-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Technically, the slopes on the left should be MORE impactful than on the right, as teams played fewer games 40-50 years ago than they do today so they had less opportunity to gain or lose point differential. +50 points over 10 or 12 games is far more impressive than +50 points over 16 games.

However, there is also the notion that football prior to 1970 was not nearly as competitive as it is today. There were a handful of teams that dominated an era...and then you had a bunch of mediocre teams that they routinely beat like a drum. That would make a slope at the right side more impressive.

So, as usual, statistics can be successfully argued either way. Let's just be happy with the fact that Green Bay's line is currently on top.

Games per year do matter. And that would add to the effect of scoring enhancements. I think dominant team eras though stand out in the graph visually quite well.

George Cumby
11-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Thanks, PB. Looking for game link.

King Friday
11-27-2014, 11:36 AM
I may choke on my turkey...but I'm hoping the Bears actually play a complete game and continue the skid for the Lions.

Maxie the Taxi
11-27-2014, 04:29 PM
I just saw Kendricks from the Eagles tackle DeMarco Murray of the Cowboys by grabbing onto Murray's straight arm and hauling him down. Yes, it can be done. It was a thing of beauty. Kendricks is obviously following my posts here and learning.:whaa:

Guiness
11-27-2014, 05:50 PM
It looks to me like Romo should not be out there. How much pain is he in? Twice now I've seen him go down in the pocket without getting hit, and it looked like he did it because he didn't want to take the hit. He just did it with Dallas inside the 10.

Maxie the Taxi
11-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Romo is very inconsistent on his passes as well. Last interception was a bad throw. Several throws before were weak.

Guiness
11-27-2014, 06:10 PM
Ref should be able to assess a 'taunting' penalty to the home team for the behavior of the stadium PA system. McCoy just lost a fumble and they played a wailing car alarm sound effect. How is that not taunting?

edit: reversed the call, not that it matters

pbmax
11-27-2014, 06:25 PM
Backing up for a second: are the injuries on the O line the problem with the Bears O? Because it looked futile for the last 3 quarters and the players all looked like they had seen this movie before. Protection wasn't great but watching on and off again I kept wondering if they have lost confidence in Cutler or the play call?

pbmax
11-27-2014, 06:34 PM
Teams I worry about: Seattle, maybe San Fran, maybe Arizona, maybe Eagles

Team I no longer worry about: Dallas

pittstang5
11-27-2014, 07:26 PM
Today's games outcomes are not going how I wanted them to.

pbmax
11-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Borland great in run support tonight Pass coverage depends; in man he is slower than Hawk. In zone, he stays close enough to eliminate the speed issue.

Guiness
11-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Anyone watching this? That was a heck of a scramble, pitch then YAC! Russel Wilson showing great ability to keep his eyes downfield.

pbmax
11-27-2014, 09:34 PM
I am rooting for a tie and both coaches to fall in a pit.

Rastak
11-27-2014, 09:36 PM

So far so good for me......now Niners just have to get their shit together.

pbmax
11-27-2014, 10:43 PM
And let's commence the 49er internal sniping season.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
Strong words RT @JedYork: Thank you #49ersfaithful for coming out strong tonight. This performance wasn't acceptable. I apologize for that

That's @JedYork, the owner of the team.

Striker
11-27-2014, 10:43 PM
I don't know if both defenses were just that good tonight, or if both offenses are just that inept. Though Wilson at least knows to not chuck it wildly like Kaepernick.

pbmax
11-27-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't know if both defenses were just that good tonight, or if both offenses are just that inept. Though Wilson at least knows to not chuck it wildly like Kaepernick.

Its a rarity I agree with Collingworth, but I agree that dropping back to pass more than run isn't the answer for the 49ers O.

smuggler
11-28-2014, 12:08 AM
Kaepernick is not near as good at manipulating the secondary as Wilson. And his receivers are slow. Seattle defense largely continued their "Hold for Gold" strategy from the last two seasons. A five yard penalty here or there is worth it, really. The league might consider upping the yardage to 10 on defensive holding. Really, anytime you're remotely beaten, just hold and it's a simple short gain.

woodbuck27
11-28-2014, 07:02 AM
I may choke on my turkey...but I'm hoping the Bears actually play a complete game and continue the skid for the Lions.

That didn't happen after the Bears came out of the gate fast.

The Bears cannot play all out for two quarters little more 60 minutes. Watching Jay "sad dog face" Cutler react to whatever is happening on the side lines is like nothing else I've observed in Pro sports. That man doesn't seem to have one start of competitive fire in him. Jay Cutler is not the answer for the Chicago Bears at the QB position. The Bears have to make a change there ASAP or forget any real success.

The problem with the Bears doesn't lie with their Head Coach Marc Trestman. It's to a great extent on Jay Cutler and his sad shrugging attitude.

Here's some reaction post the Chicago Bears thumping in Detroit by the Lions.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-rosenbloom-bears-lose-to-lions-20141127-column.html

I looked at the Bears @ Lions matchup as one to determine which team would step up in this very important Week 13 for many NFL teams. The LIONS proved to me that their serious and improving now that Megatron is finally healthy. The Detroit LIONS have to be taken very seriously.

This Sundays game for the Green Bay Packers Vs the New England Patriots is "a statement game" for the home team. The Packers must somehow win this game and continue some momentum towards the 'only thing that counts'.

The Super Bowl game and a win there.

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
11-28-2014, 07:10 AM

There was nothing about the Thanksgiving Day game results that spelled any breather for the Green Bay Packers.

It's all systems go... pedal to the metal for our Green Bay Packers.

The BIG BOYS are showing who they are.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
11-28-2014, 07:53 AM

I believe that the Arizona Cardinals will fade. Their rushing game is Ranked near the bottom of the NFL and their Offense overall won't help out a top ranked 'D'. The loss of Carson Palmer will eventually show up in the loss column.

The Detroit LIONS had the same concern (Reggie Bush has been absent for too long) and more on their offense. Yesterdays thrashing of the Chicago Bears offered good News ! Lion RB Joique Bell had a nice day Vs the BEARS on Thanksgiving Day going 91 Yards on 23 carries and 2 TD's. Seeing Megatron get his Mojo back (11 receptions for 146 yards and 2 TD's) and add that to the outstanding play from Golden Tate and a much improved Matthew Stafford performance ( 34/45 for 390 yards and 2 TD's) has to be inspirational for the Lions organization and fans.

The Philadelphia Eagles are formidable as long as RB LeSean McCoy is firing on all cylinders. Their 'D' is decent. Their hurry up offense wears opposing 'D's' out. Green Bay shouldn't hope to meet that team again this year.

The Dallas Cowboys put themselves in a hole. They have to win in Philly (Week 15) and defeat the Colts @ home (Week 16). A tough chore.

THE REAL CONCERN:

The Seattle Seahawks ! That team is back !!

We must defeat the New England patriots on Sunday at Lambeau Field and win the NFCN to secure 'Home field Advantage' in the playoffs. We must earn the NO. 1 seed in the NFC.

The Seattle Seahawks are gaining momentum and that 'D' is just scary. The way to the Super Bowl in the NFC is to defeat the Hawks. For the Packers to have the best chance to do that we need that NO. 1 Seed.

Pugger
11-28-2014, 08:16 AM
Backing up for a second: are the injuries on the O line the problem with the Bears O? Because it looked futile for the last 3 quarters and the players all looked like they had seen this movie before. Protection wasn't great but watching on and off again I kept wondering if they have lost confidence in Cutler or the play call?

I don't think their problem is their line. It is Cutler and their lousy defense. I laughed when I saw Jennings back there still sucking.

Pugger
11-28-2014, 08:17 AM

I don't worry about SF. I doubt they are gonna make the playoffs this year. God, why does Kaep look like garbage against everyone else but us? AZ has a great D but Stanton doesn't scare anybody. Unfortunately Seattle seems to be getting its act together again.

Pugger
11-28-2014, 08:20 AM
Kaepernick is not near as good at manipulating the secondary as Wilson. And his receivers are slow. Seattle defense largely continued their "Hold for Gold" strategy from the last two seasons. A five yard penalty here or there is worth it, really. The league might consider upping the yardage to 10 on defensive holding. Really, anytime you're remotely beaten, just hold and it's a simple short gain.

Maybe they should up the penalty. Didn't the league tell the refs to watch for it more this year because of all of the complaints by teams that faced the Seachickens last year?

Pugger
11-28-2014, 08:21 AM
That didn't happen after the Bears came out of the gate fast.

The Bears cannot play all out for two quarters little more 60 minutes. Watching Jay "sad dog face" Cutler react to whatever is happening on the side lines is like nothing else I've observed in Pro sports. That man doesn't seem to have one start of competitive fire in him. Jay Cutler is not the answer for the Chicago Bears at the QB position. The Bears have to make a change there ASAP or forget any real success.

The problem with the Bears doesn't lie with their Head Coach Marc Trestman. It's to a great extent on Jay Cutler and his sad shrugging attitude.

Here's some reaction post the Chicago Bears thumping in Detroit by the Lions.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-rosenbloom-bears-lose-to-lions-20141127-column.html

I looked at the Bears @ Lions matchup as one to determine which team would step up in this very important Week 13 for many NFL teams. The LIONS proved to me that their serious and improving now that Megatron is finally healthy. The Detroit LIONS have to be taken very seriously.

This Sundays game for the Green Bay Packers Vs the New England Patriots is "a statement game" for the home team. The Packers must somehow win this game and continue some momentum towards the 'only thing that counts'.

The Super Bowl game and a win there.

GO PACKERS !

I wonder if Cutler just doesn't give a damn? That is the feeling I get from watching his demeanor.

denverYooper
11-28-2014, 09:14 AM
And let's commence the 49er internal sniping season.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
Strong words RT @JedYork: Thank you #49ersfaithful for coming out strong tonight. This performance wasn't acceptable. I apologize for that

That's @JedYork, the owner of the team.

Family members pile on:
Baalke's daughter rips Roman (http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24846337/trent-baalkes-daughter-rips-49ers-offensive-coordinator-greg-roman?v=1&vc=4)

pbmax
11-28-2014, 09:15 AM
Its not quite Greg Jennings sister, but coming from higher up the food chain.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs/cassie-baalke-tweet-11282014.jpg

pbmax
11-28-2014, 09:16 AM
Family members pile on:
Baalke's daughter rips Roman (http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24846337/trent-baalkes-daughter-rips-49ers-offensive-coordinator-greg-roman?v=1&vc=4)

Must change follows on Twitter.

KYPack
11-28-2014, 09:18 AM
I wonder if Cutler just doesn't give a damn? That is the feeling I get from watching his demeanor.

Agreed.

It seems the league has just beaten the competitive fire out of the boy.

I saw him play for Vandy and the first years at Denver. He used to light up like a Christmas tree on game day. Now, he's all hit out, things go bad and he mopes around in a shell.

He's Jeff George II.

A tin man with a golden arm.

woodbuck27
11-28-2014, 09:25 AM

If I was a Bears fan I'd be very pissed that Jay Cutler is the answer for Franchise QB.

woodbuck27
11-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Family members pile on:

http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/greg-roman-psu.jpg

Gore ! You've been Romanized.

smuggler
11-28-2014, 11:12 AM
Maybe they should up the penalty. Didn't the league tell the refs to watch for it more this year because of all of the complaints by teams that faced the Seachickens last year?

The Hawks got called a few times. But remember that they ARE otherwise a good defense. The way it worked out in the SF game was: Seattle shut down SF on better than 50% of their plays. Every time the 49ers actually had a chance for a big play, they got 5 yards instead. Hard to function under those parameters.

I am not saying the Seahawks aren't good, because they obviously are. Mathematically, cheating gives them the best chance to succeed, and they would be stupid to do anything differently. Considering that, the rules need to be changed to make HOLDFORGOLD less viable. Bumping the holding penalty, or adding 5 yards from the spot on PI, would be the obvious suggestions.

smuggler
11-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Watching Carroll complain about the penalties when it's part of his entire defensive strategy was nauseating. And Rickle Sherman getting in the ref's face after being called on an obvious penalty should have drawn an unsportsmanlike conduct flag. It should be considered for a fine.

Pugger
11-28-2014, 01:24 PM
Watching Carroll complain about the penalties when it's part of his entire defensive strategy was nauseating. And Rickle Sherman getting in the ref's face after being called on an obvious penalty should have drawn an unsportsmanlike conduct flag. It should be considered for a fine.

That entire bunch really gets on my nerves. Even Wilson is wearing thin. :-P

Guiness
11-28-2014, 01:41 PM

I know the play you are talking about, and I remember on the replay it didn't look that bad, although the announcers piled on. I paid attention to Sherman as much as I could last night, and honestly, I thought he played a spectacular, and mostly very clean game. The couple of times he got handsy I thought more "how the hell else are you supposed to play the position".

re: 5 yard holding penalty
I wonder how the ref decides when it's a hold, and when it's PI and 'spot of the foul'.

mraynrand
11-28-2014, 05:30 PM
re: 5 yard holding penalty
I wonder how the ref decides when it's a hold, and when it's PI and 'spot of the foul'.

Ball in the air - PI.

Guiness
11-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Ball in the air - PI.

That simple, eh? Thanks.

Tyrion Lannister
11-29-2014, 11:00 AM
That simple, eh? Thanks.

Thought you played college football?

I only shut down Darren Charles in a high school football game, but I knew that. :-P

RashanGary
11-29-2014, 11:11 AM
I'm with Woodbuck. This game coming up against the Patriots is huge. The dangerous teams are coming out of the woodwork. If we want to be champs, home field is very important.

smuggler
11-29-2014, 11:58 AM
Running in the sub 4.8's after getting back in shape. Who needs a shitty safety??!

George Cumby
11-29-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm with Woodbuck. This game coming up against the Patriots is huge. The dangerous teams are coming out of the woodwork. If we want to be champs, home field is very important.

It's a statement game, but not critical. Non-conference, non-division opponent. It'd be good to get the win, but not critical.

smuggler
11-29-2014, 12:11 PM
It would be convenient to get this win. If Detroit slips up once before the final game, it would be nice to have the chance to be up two games. ..

denverYooper
11-29-2014, 12:20 PM
It's a statement game, but not critical. Non-conference, non-division opponent. It'd be good to get the win, but not critical.

Inasmuch as it doesn't have the tiebreaker weight of a conference/divisional games, you are dead on. And going into the second half of the season, I figured they needed to be 2-1 vs the Eagles, Pats, and Lions if I was going to start double-fisting the kool-aid.

But this is a game the Packers have to win. It's against "the best", it's at home, and they absolutely need to build up that big game moxie.

pbmax
11-29-2014, 01:04 PM
This is the big game they can most afford to lose. However, for crowing rights and the chase for home playoff games, its still a big deal. Just not disqualifying.

mraynrand
11-29-2014, 01:05 PM
It would be convenient to get this win. If Detroit slips up once before the final game, it would be nice to have the chance to be up two games. ..

I think that final game is going to be for the division and for the playoffs

Maxie the Taxi
11-29-2014, 01:08 PM

Or not. ;-)

George Cumby
11-29-2014, 02:31 PM

That's kind of what I'm hoping for; winning the Division when playing for all the marbles will put a nice, sharp edge on the team.

Bretsky
11-29-2014, 02:45 PM
If we beat the Pats I think we can get a two game lead and home field

That's why its a huge game

denverYooper
11-29-2014, 05:21 PM
If we beat the Pats I think we can get a two game lead and home field

That's why its a huge game

Agree, and they need to keep believing they're unbeatable at home to make that effective. They need this game.

Bretsky
11-29-2014, 05:41 PM
yes...we need to get the Lambeau unbeatable mojo back and ride homefield to the Super Bowl !!

pbmax
11-30-2014, 12:54 PM
Oh good. Bucs getting better later in season. That's a good development.

pbmax
11-30-2014, 12:59 PM
Colt McCoy experiment is working wonders for Washington, they have scored 3 on a bad defense. Colts up 14-3.

Striker
11-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Andy Dalton is so good.

woodbuck27
11-30-2014, 01:25 PM
Andy Dalton is so good.

Andy 'Wonder Boy' Dalton is doing his best impression of Jay ' Sad Hound Face 'Cutler today.

Three...three ... THREE fricken picks.

woodbuck27
11-30-2014, 01:51 PM
The Saints came to Steelers to redeem themselves.

They just took a 21-6 lead early in the 3rd Qtr.

In the meantime... Cincy is doing all they can to throw their road game away In Tampa Bay.

Tyrion Lannister
11-30-2014, 01:55 PM
The Saints came to Steelers to redeem themselves.

They just took a 21-6 lead early in the 3rd Qtr.

Damn, when I turned the TV off about an hour and a half ago, due to a headache, the Steel-Driving Men were up 6-Nothing.

woodbuck27
11-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Damn, when I turned the TV off about an hour and a half ago, due to a headache, the Steel-Driving Men were up 6-Nothing.

The Saints 'D' is looking very strong today.

Ben Roth hasn't awakend as of yet.

Give that man some smelling salts.

pbmax
11-30-2014, 01:58 PM
The Saints 'D' is looking very strong today.

Ben Roth hasn't awakend as of yet.

Give that man some smelling salts.

He hurt his right hand in that game. They reported he was handing off with his left hand.

woodbuck27
11-30-2014, 02:04 PM
He hurt his right hand in that game. They reported he was handing off with his left hand.

Big Ben is looking OK right now. His throws appear normal. The Steelers will soon score.

woodbuck27
11-30-2014, 02:08 PM
'Wonder Boy' Dalton just engineered a nice drive for a TD.

14-10 Bengals over the BUCS. A.Green 13 yd. pass from A.Dalton (M.Nugent kick is good) Drive: 10 plays, 63 yards in 5:15 ... 1:55 remains in the 3rd.

Yup the Steelers score L. Bell runs one in Saints 21-Steelers 13. 4:21 remains in the 3rd.

woodbuck27
11-30-2014, 02:16 PM
A good game going on in Tampa Bay. It's now 14-13 Bengals just into the 4th Qtr.

Drew Brees comes right back with a long pass and a TD.

28 Saints - Steelers 13.

Joemailman
11-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Rams 52
Raiders 0

Charles Woodson and James Jones deserve better.

woodbuck27
11-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Well...Cincy managed somehow to hold out for a 14-13 win but the NY Giants allowed the Jags to come back and the Giants lose again on the road by a score of 25-24.

Two close ones. :whaa:

denverYooper
11-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Predictably, Atlanta jumps out to a 7-0 lead on Arizona.

denverYooper
11-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Rivers with 1:52 and 50 yards to go to win the game.

Yes please.

pbmax
11-30-2014, 06:56 PM
How the hell did the Giants lost to the Jags? G men were up by 15 at one point.

Tyrion Lannister
11-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Dammit, I missed Johnny Football's debut. From the highlights, he looks a lot like Favre. Threw a bullet into tight coverage.

Johnny Football is a gonna be a star in the NFL.

Joemailman
11-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Dammit, I missed Johnny Football's debut. From the highlights, he looks a lot like Favre. Threw a bullet into tight coverage.

http://content.bandzoogle.com/users/dmitrimathenycom/images/content/Falling-Star.jpg

woodbuck27
11-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Well...Cincy managed somehow to hold out for a 14-13 win but the NY Giants allowed the Jags to come back and the Giants lose again on the road by a score of 25-24.

Two close ones. :whaa:

Later The Chargers come from the rear to defeat the Baltimore Ravens by one point as well.

They won that one by the skin of their teeth as on the ravens last play with no time outs. The Ravens Joe Flacco completed a nice long pass up the RH sideline to set up a good shot at a FG and the receiver failed to get over the sideline before being tackled and the game clock ran out.

esoxx
11-30-2014, 07:26 PM
Stampeders lead the Tiger Cats 17-7 at the half for the Grey Cup.

Buckle up for a memorable 2nd half.

Go T-Cats!

pbmax
11-30-2014, 07:45 PM

Ran one in on a scramble from the 12 I think. I am rooting for him. Did the money gesture too.

esoxx
11-30-2014, 07:48 PM
Rams 52
Raiders 0

Charles Woodson and James Jones deserve better.

Why?

woodbuck27
11-30-2014, 08:03 PM
How the hell did the Giants lost to the Jags? G men were up by 15 at one point.

I was watching the game on NFL.Com and Eli Manning wasn't good in the fourth Qtr. Really the GIANTS didn't play well in the second half. The Giants are struggling terribly. Out scored 22-3 tells it all. Two TO's resulted in Jag TD's.

In the fourth Qtr. Eli was tossing hitch pass's too often for little or no yards.

This is a game of putting together a lot of little thing right. If you don't win a balance of that you too often lose in the NFL. It really has to be a total team effort and believing then proving that you can win.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014113004/2014/REG13/giants@jaguars#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000 000436900&tab=recap

Tyrion Lannister
11-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Ran one in on a scramble from the 12 I think. I am rooting for him. Did the money gesture too.

Bears and Vikings are gonna regret not drafting Johnny Football. :grin:

esoxx
11-30-2014, 08:23 PM
T-Cats cut lead to 20-13 in 4th quarter 5 minutes to go. Crunch time!

esoxx
11-30-2014, 08:40 PM
Cats just returned punt for TD and win with 35 seconds left only to get it called back on a penalty!

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 05:28 AM
Cats just returned punt for TD and win with 35 seconds left only to get it called back on a penalty!

http://www.thestar.com/sports/football/2014/11/30/calgary_stampeders_win_grey_cup.html

Tiger-Cats fume after Stampeders Grey Cup triumph

Penalty to erase late Brandon Banks TD return heartbreaker for Hamilton. Big game flagged short of much-needed thriller after punchless season.

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 05:31 AM
I'm just now looking at Johnny Football's contribution for the Browns Vs the Bills yesterday.

He's quick but he's small for the NFL.

He's going to die young in an NFL game. That young man will get punished.

I see an early exit sign.

Tyrion Lannister
12-01-2014, 06:07 AM
I'm just now looking at Johnny Football's contribution for the Browns Vs the Bills yesterday.

He's quick but he's small for the NFL.

He's going to die young in an NFL game. That young man will get punished.

I see an early exit sign.

I respectfully disagree.

Johnny Football is gonna be gggrrreeeaaattt, as Tony the Tiger likes to say. :)

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 06:11 AM
I respectfully disagree.

OK :-)

ThunderDan
12-01-2014, 08:27 AM
I respectfully disagree.

Just like Joey Harrington!

Zool
12-01-2014, 08:59 AM

Michael Huff?

mraynrand
12-01-2014, 03:26 PM

Joey is now a college FB analyst. He sounds small and confused.

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 08:25 PM
So far this MNF game is reminding me of KC @ Oakland in the Thursday Night Football game in Week 12. That game result surprized us. It surprized the Chiefs.

I'm wondering if Percy Harvin will be a contributor tonight. Chris Johnson is playing like he once did. 8 carries for 89 yards already. With him and Chris Ivory Rex Ryan should pound the Miami 'D' with the Rush all game. So far that's what the game plan has been

NEW YORK JETS ! 10 ! - Miami Dolphins 'a smelly Zero'.

The Miami defense is getting rocked. With about 4 minutes remaining in the half the Jets have had the ball on offense for over 17 minutes. The Jets have > 200 yards of offense. Geno Smith is 3/6 for 22 yards.

Now ........... just don't allow Geno Smith to throw the ball......................very much.

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Well there are the Jets:

They drive the ball something like 57 yards down the field and N. Folk miss's the FG.

Jets 10 - Dolphins ZERO

Miami will change that. That team has receivers.

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 08:48 PM
An interesting 1st half.

Miami dinks a FG with 4 seconds on the clock.

Jets 10 - Dolphins 3.

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 10:06 PM
Watching this game that's now tied 13-13 after another N. Folk missed FG.

I'm so glad I'm a Green Bay Packer fan.

How many times/ways can the Jets screw up a game that was within their grasp to get a 'W'?

Ohh Jeeee more than 'just another' Jet penalty. They get two on their 'D' going offside.

channtheman
12-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Geno Smith needs to learn how to not take sacks on 3rd down. Once he took the Jets out of field goal range, and another time the field goal was missed when it may have been good from 7 yards closer. I partially blame the playcalling though because you have to know Miami will bring the heat and that Geno will crack under the pressure.

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 10:24 PM
Geno Smith needs to learn how to not take sacks on 3rd down. Once he took the Jets out of field goal range, and another time the field goal was missed when it may have been good from 7 yards closer. I partially blame the playcalling though because you have to know Miami will bring the heat and that Geno will crack under the pressure.

On that last sack Geno Smith dropped back and in an approx. 2 second look he had natta.

I'm puzzled why the Jets gave a contract to Decker and ignore him. There was a pass play and catch to him in the middle of the field but why wasn't he targeted more?

OK there you go.........

The inevitable result just resulted:

A Geno Smith pick and the Dolphins pull it out 16-13. I didn't check but I doubt that covered for anyone betting on Miami.

woodbuck27
12-02-2014, 06:11 AM
In week 13 The Indy Colts defeated the Washington Skins at home by a score of 49-27.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014113003/2014/REG13/redskins@colts#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000 000437340&tab=recap

I was looking at this game to see if Andrew Luck's performance this season continued and it did.

I was watching the results of this game to see what contribution Skins QB Colt McCoy made to the team.

See for yourself if you care by clicking on the LINK.