PDA

View Full Version : Packer Fans : What do ya think

Sparkey
08-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Make your voice heard!

jack's smirking revenge
08-29-2006, 04:24 PM
What does the "O-lay" defensive efforts mean?

tyler

Sparkey
08-29-2006, 04:25 PM
What does the "O-lay" defensive efforts mean?

tyler

Ever watch a Bull Fight? Stand in front of a bull, he charges, jump to the side O-LAY!

A lot like the Pack covering receivers...

Tony Oday
08-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Lol I thought it was all about the tackleing or lack there of.

HarveyWallbangers
08-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Poor play by Favre? Seems a little harsh. He's around 60% with 3 TDs and 1 int.

pack4to84
08-29-2006, 04:53 PM
you missed one

Butter fingers WideOuts!

AtlPackFan
08-29-2006, 04:59 PM
I think Farve and the running game will look as good as the offensive line play. My hope is they improve as the season goes on...that the middle of that line has the ability to get better and gel as a unit. So I'm going on hope (and a prayer) here that they get better with time and am not listing them, Farve or the running game as my main concern.

At this point I will give McCarthy the benefit of the doubt that he will address the bullfighter approach to last night't defensive effort so I'm not going to consider that my main concern.

That leaves the defensive line. I think they are as good as they are going to be which leaves no pass rush and linebackers that will get swallowed up as the D-Line involuntarily retreats at the snap of the ball. Ouch! :sad:

Quick....someone tell me how wrong I am!!!

MJZiggy
08-29-2006, 05:03 PM
You are sooooo wrong.

Kiwon
08-29-2006, 06:10 PM
The OL is the biggest concern for me. Success starts up front and it looks like it's going to be awhile before this group will get its act together.

hurleyfan
08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
The OL is the biggest concern for me. Success starts up front and it looks like it's going to be awhile before this group will get its act together.

TOTALLY agree Kiwon!
'Member the great years of SB victory's and near misses.. all starts "in the trenches".. If you can't run, or block, the QB will get killed, results of no running game and no ball control.

Packnut
08-29-2006, 06:20 PM
This one is a no brainer. SD and Cincy dominated and man-handled our O line.

Kiwon
08-29-2006, 06:25 PM

TOTALLY agree Kiwon!
'Member the great years of SB victory's and near misses.. all starts "in the trenches".. If you can't run, or block, the QB will get killed, results of no running game and no ball control.

Franks, Clifton, Wells, Flanagan, Marco, Tauscher - Ouch, it's painful to think back just a few years.

woodbuck27
08-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Poor play by Favre? Seems a little harsh. He's aro und 60% with 3 TDs and 1 int.

Yaa ! Ehh !!

:arrow: pick another. :mrgreen:

OL must perfprm or no Running Game.

Major concern lies there. The OL.

oregonpackfan
08-29-2006, 07:02 PM
I agree the biggest concern has to be the O-line. You cannot have an adequate running game without the O-line creating holes to run. In addition, you cannot having a passing game without the O-line giving adequate pass protection for the quarterback.

My next concern was the sloppy tackling by most of the defensive unit be they on the line or the backfield. The linebackers were ok in their tackling but the others were terrible.

OPF

Creepy
08-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Davenport had a 12 yarder called back and almost broke one down the sideline. Green came close to breaking one also. Favre had time but the receivers either played volleyball or dropped it. It is pre-season so I can't get all that down because they got their asses whooped. In 1996 GB lost to the Colts 30-6 in pre-season. So lets not get to stupid about this.

The offense made the right moves, the receivers just didn't catch the ball. Drives stopped and tunover because receivers dropped the ball. With a little more time and a few more runs I feel Green and Gado will do fine. Gado showed some good receiving skills yesterday, and Green showed his explosiveness and almost broke one.

My biggest concern is the defense. It stopped the run rather well, but couldn't get off the field. Missed tackles on 3d downs allowed TDs and drives to continue. Does GB have any safeties? After last night they better figure out what they are going to do with the middle of the field. Like last year it is wide open. GB got to the QB a few times, but receivers were open so fast you would have had to have been the flash to get to him. What was considered one of our strengths on defense turned out to be crap. Woodson got burned and couldn't tackle for shit. Hopefully this is the one game he gets stupid.

The safeties have to do more than run 20-30 yards downfield on passing downs, or at least be covering somebody when they do it. I could have been open in the middle of the Packer secondary. I hated losing Bates but I liked the guy who took over. My only regret was bring back Schottenheimer. His last stint as DB coach was the incredible 4th & 26. In 2004 the GB DBs sucked and were burned repeatedly. Why is he back coaching them again? Against the Falcons Harris looked like shit, against the Bengals it was Woodson. Lets hope they got it out there system and good play will be had from now on.

Terry
08-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Poor play by Favre? What poor play?

mmmdk
08-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Poor play by Favre? What poor play?

I second the above. Apart from the crazy fumble I like what I see from Favre. Favre has actually thrown the ball away instead of forcing the ball into interception-land. This is in hindsight of last season - Favre is a HOF.