PDA

View Full Version : biggest game since the super bowl?

gbgary
11-30-2014, 06:38 PM
I think so. pregame hype lasted the whole week. nervous energy, worry, excitement, dreaded, exhilaration.

both teams battled in terrific game.

The Shadow
11-30-2014, 06:48 PM
No.

Striker
11-30-2014, 06:55 PM
No.

Also no.

But I think it was a huge game when it comes to the team being a "legit" Super Bowl contender.

pbmax
11-30-2014, 07:46 PM
Regular season?

Yes.

call_me_ishmael
11-30-2014, 07:55 PM
I do feel that it's the biggest game we've won since the SB.

We have gone up against tough tests time and time again and come up short. Whether it's Seattle, New York, or San Fran, we just haven't been able to beat a team that was elite at the time. This was a win against an elite team.

Other big games in that time frame:

GB beats NO at home in 2011 opener.

Packers defeat Texans in 2012. Texans were 6-0 or something like that. The shhhh game.

Packers 2013 opener against San Fran. Revenge game. We lost :(

Packers defeat Cowboys in 2013. Flynnsanity starts to set in.

Packers defeat Chicago to win the division in 2013. He's back.

I don't think any of those games had the same level of hype or opposition that today had. NO was arguably the toughest opponent but I don't think they are the same team at Lambeau as they are at home.

pbmax
11-30-2014, 08:18 PM
I can see the argument for last year's Pack @ Bears game.

RashanGary
11-30-2014, 08:38 PM
There's that magical feeling, where I just believe we can beat anyone. It's the most hyped up I've been since 2010. It's #1 for me, the excitement, anticipation, hopes for a championship..... Just amazing!!!

smuggler
11-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Seattle and SF games the past two years were against tougher teams. I like GB's chances against DEN or NE a lot more than SEA or SF...

denverYooper
11-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Seattle and SF games the past two years were against tougher teams. I like GB's chances against DEN or NE a lot more than SEA or SF...

True. Seattle and SF last 2 years have been juggernauts. Green Bay at home is getting there, though.

Pugger
11-30-2014, 09:31 PM
I doubt we'll have to worry about SF for a while. They are reeling right now. :glug:

woodbuck27
11-30-2014, 09:38 PM
I do feel that it's the biggest game we've won since the SB.

We have gone up against tough tests time and time again and come up short. Whether it's Seattle, New York, or San Fran, we just haven't been able to beat a team that was elite at the time. This was a win against an elite team.

Other big games in that time frame:

GB beats NO at home in 2011 opener.

Packers defeat Texans in 2012. Texans were 6-0 or something like that. The shhhh game.

Packers 2013 opener against San Fran. Revenge game. We lost :(

Packers defeat Cowboys in 2013. Flynnsanity starts to set in.

Packers defeat Chicago to win the division in 2013. He's back.

I don't think any of those games had the same level of hype or opposition that today had. NO was arguably the toughest opponent but I don't think they are the same team at Lambeau as they are at home.

I believe this game was a defining game for the Packers remaining season. It was a huge game and win for the Green Bay Packer Organization and Packer Nation.

Now it's a day to celebrate as you may and then get down to the next order of business in Week 14. The Atlanta Falcons are coming to Lambeau Field for the MNF game in Week 14. The team that just humbled Arizona in this week while the Green Bay Packers were engineering a win over New England.

The team needs to set the result aside and move on to the next opponent and prepare just as hard for that game and the next....etc. etc. It's one game at a time and hopefully a Super Bowl.

GO PACK GO !