Losers:
Wist
Crosby
Belicheat

Tyrion Lannister
12-01-2014, 04:01 AM
Losers:

Belicheat

Yo, quit hatin'. The guy's a genius. Very humble in his press conference, giving credit to Rodgers, Fat Mac and the Packers.

The Pats came into Lambeau with the best record in the NFL, were on like a 100 games winning streak, hadn't lost to an NFC North team since the Civil War. They had every reason to be arrogant. Yet they played disciplined and humbled football. The Packers simply made a few more plays than the Pats, although it probably would've been a blowout if the Packers could've put the damn ball in the endzone.

A few more Hoes:

Hyde - Gronk is no easy task to cover, but Hyde was always a step too slow covering this guy. Trying to field a punt in the 1st quarter with 300 Pats around him was stupid. Hayward should be playing more, even over Hyde. C-Hay didn't allow a completion against Tommy Boy, I think.

Tackling - Nobody could tackle Blount, especially Burnett. Pathetic.

Adams - Had a career day, but drop coulda been costly. Adam's an NFL player; he's expected to fuckin' make that catch.

Redzone O - More often then not, FGs ain't gonna be enough to beat elite qbs. DuJuan Harris used to score all the time from anywhere in the redzone. For fuck's sake, play Harris!

T-Will - Allowed another fucking TD. Couldn't prevent the crucial 4th down catch in the clutch near midfield.

At the end of the day, winning is the only thing; so a good win against a SB contender. :D

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 05:13 AM
Winners:
Dom Capers
Aaron Rodgers
Jordy
Lacy
Cobb
Stubby

Losers:
Wist
Crosby
Belicheat

Flat out this was a classy and great TEAM win for the Green Bay Packers. Time of Possession = 36:35 = CONTROL.

A concern:

Red Zone Efficiency was 0/4 = 0%

The Offensive Line:

As I recall Rodgers was SACKED three times but overall the OL did it's job. The time that ARod got 10 seconds b3efore he off loaded the ball left and out of bounds is something else to review. It's on video at NFL.Com along with so much more.

Aaron Rodgers was terrific again at Lambeau Field. 24/38 and 368 Yards and 2 TD's Vs the New England 'D' is pretty cool. He spread the ball around to eight receivers. Tough for Revis and Browner to cover. :-)

WR Davante Adams had a good game. 6 receptions for 121 yards and a long of 45 yards. He'll go to school on that would have been game clincher.

Randall Cobb 7 receptions for a solid 85 Yards. Jordy Nelson 2 Receptions for 53 Yards and a brilliant 45 yard catch and run left for six. He school'd NE CB Darrelle Revis on that one. Ohh wait "he pushed off" D. Revis....ahhhhh :-)

Eddie Lacy. Another nice game for EDDIE. 98 Yards on 21 carries and adding 17 yards on two receptions for 115 Total Yards = Sweet.

Overall the DEFENSE played very well. I liked the way they got to the ball. The 'D' was pumped up for this game.

A really nice game from CB Tramon Williams. 8 Tackles and 1 Assisted Tackle.

I saw OLB Clay Matthews , ILB Sam Barrington and FS Ha Ha Clinton Dix all giving solid effort. SS Morgan Burnett is playing better.

Special Teams:

Kickoff Returns 4 for 90 Yards.

Crosby was 4/5 on FG's. NE's Steve Gostkowski missed one too and that's rare. Chalk it up to 'One of those days'.

This was a very satisfying win.

On this day this edition of the Green Bay Packers proved much to this Packer fan.

GO PACK GO !

Joemailman
12-01-2014, 06:11 AM
Stud

Mike Daniels - Good inside pressure all day, and shared the crucial sack with Mike Neal. I think Brady was getting a little nervous about the inside pressure after a while.

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Stud

Mike Daniels - Good inside pressure all day, and shared the crucial sack with Mike Neal. I think Brady was getting a little nervous about the inside pressure after a while.

Yes. He played well.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-01-2014, 06:35 AM
Winners:
Dom Capers
Aaron Rodgers
Jordy
Lacy
Cobb
Stubby

Losers:
Wist
Crosby
Belicheat

Capers - I have to agree, I am liking his minor adjustments of the last few weeks. Clay playing inside, and yesterday Barrington's involvement. These changes are working.

Now if he could do something about the tackling.

Bossman641
12-01-2014, 06:54 AM
Yo, quit hatin'. The guy's a genius. Very humble in his press conference, giving credit to Rodgers, Fat Mac and the Packers.

The Pats came into Lambeau with the best record in the NFL, were on like a 100 games winning streak, hadn't lost to an NFC North team since the Civil War. They had every reason to be arrogant. Yet they played disciplined and humbled football. The Packers simply made a few more plays than the Pats, although it probably would've been a blowout if the Packers could've put the damn ball in the endzone.

A few more Hoes:

Hyde - Gronk is no easy task to cover, but Hyde was always a step too slow covering this guy. Trying to field a punt in the 1st quarter with 300 Pats around him was stupid. Hayward should be playing more, even over Hyde. C-Hay didn't allow a completion against Tommy Boy, I think.

Tackling - Nobody could tackle Blount, especially Burnett. Pathetic.

Adams - Had a career day, but drop coulda been costly. Adam's an NFL player; he's expected to fuckin' make that catch.

Redzone O - More often then not, FGs ain't gonna be enough to beat elite qbs. DuJuan Harris used to score all the time from anywhere in the redzone. For fuck's sake, play Harris!

T-Will - Allowed another fucking TD. Couldn't prevent the crucial 4th down catch in the clutch near midfield.

At the end of the day, winning is the only thing; so a good win against a SB contender. :D

Patriots had already touched the ball. When that happens the receiving team can attempt to return the punt. Even if they touch and fumble it, it still becomes their ball where the punting team touched it first.

gbgary
12-01-2014, 07:01 AM
can't put crosby on that list of losers.

Teamcheez1
12-01-2014, 07:25 AM
Sam Shields - Hasn't lived up to his new contract yet.
Crosby - I would put him on the list. Missed a routine FG and kicked the ball out of bounds.

pbmax
12-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Winners
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix - played man coverage on Gronk. Easily the most man coverage he played this year and I don't remember it anywhere else. That's a tough assignment for your first go around.

Losers
Tackling - Way too many missed leg tackles

Maxie the Taxi
12-01-2014, 07:55 AM
I'm with Woody. This was a solid team effort. Every man on the team made a mistake but covered it with great play most of the time. Missed tackles were made up for by great tackles made. Stubby had a game plan that worked, but most of all he had his players sky high for this one and they responded.

I read where one player commented that he was especially motivated by the pundits almost unanimous opinion the Pats would win.

One guy I will single out is Sam Barrington. He's now #1 on the depth chart at ILB and I hope he stays there. He played big and fast all afternoon.

hoosier
12-01-2014, 08:16 AM
Crosby - I would put him on the list. Missed a routine FG and kicked the ball out of bounds.

Routine FG :lol:
40+with the severe crosswind is not routine. Notice what happened when the Pats kicker tried it in that end of the stadium.

denverYooper
12-01-2014, 08:36 AM

Commentary out of Lambeau suggested that EZ was a tough kick yesterday because of the wind. Gostkowski missed there too.

denverYooper
12-01-2014, 08:38 AM
I'm with Woody. This was a solid team effort. Every man on the team made a mistake but covered it with great play most of the time. Missed tackles were made up for by great tackles made. Stubby had a game plan that worked, but most of all he had his players sky high for this one and they responded.

I read where one player commented that he was especially motivated by the pundits almost unanimous opinion the Pats would win.

One guy I will single out is Sam Barrington. He's now #1 on the depth chart at ILB and I hope he stays there. He played big and fast all afternoon.

Yeah. Barrington was a very nice surprise yesterday. He might be a better match with CM3's skills in the middle.

denverYooper
12-01-2014, 08:49 AM
M3 called one heck of a game.

mission
12-01-2014, 09:00 AM
M3 called one heck of a game.

I can give credit where due. I thought he was very creative yesterday and made a lot of good calls.

Maxie the Taxi
12-01-2014, 09:09 AM
I can give credit where due. I thought he was very creative yesterday and made a lot of good calls.

I've been highly critical of Stubby in the past. I have to give him credit as well. He played NE pretty straight up. No onsides kicks. No crazy 4th down calls. No weird challenges. No trick plays, although I was secretly hoping for a fake on one of our field goals.

It's nitpicking, but it still bothers me that we don't incorporate more misdirection plays in our rushing game, especially with both Lacy and Cobb in the backfield, and sometimes Boykin. Cobb's presence in the backfield is good, but make more of it. Misdirection is standard fare in college play these days. A few NFL teams do it. Why not the Pack?

Patler
12-01-2014, 09:33 AM
40+with the severe crosswind is not routine. Notice what happened when the Pats kicker tried it in that end of the stadium.

Exactly. Gostkowski was 11/11 from 40-49 and 26/27 overall prior to the kick he missed. Crosby was 4/5 in a game the Packers won by 5 points. I'm not offering this as an excuse for Crosby, but an explanation of why the miss occurred. The snap was a bit high, Masthay stretched to catch it, got it down nicely, but timing is everything (especially late season in GB) and Crosby wasn't able to adjust well-enough. Three guys have to perform well in a FG, and on the miss two of them were a bit off, resulting in a narrow miss in tough conditions.

The kickoff out of bounds? Obviously he was asked to kick to the corner. The Packers do that quite often. When you do that, once in a while the ball will not bounce as you hope. It's a risk you take, and you have to live with the bad bounce occasionally. It is a football, after all, and no one can control how it will bounce all of the time, how far it will roll, etc. especially on kick offs.

If Crosby is a loser in this game, so is Nelson for not catching the throw from Rodgers that was behind him, (after all he is an NFL player and should make that catch, so what if it was deflected) and especially for not beating the coverage of Revis and Browner more often. If Crosby is expected to be perfect in what he does, so should Nelson regardless of who covers him. He should have been open more often.

For that matter, Rodgers is a loser for his errant throws early, especially a couple in the red zone, the poor throw to Nelson that Browner(?) deflected and for a couple sacks he could have thrown away, not to mention the one during which he exposed himself to significant injury and/or a fumble by not just going down and getting drilled to the turf instead. Mistakes from him shouldn't be tolerated either.

pbmax
12-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Peter King for this paragraph:

3. I think there will be much discussion and little action about playoff reseeding, because owners are too in love with the guaranteed home playoff game for winning a division. But—and this is a significant but—what could change that is a major embarrassment. Such as, let’s say, 12-4 Seattle having to play at 6-10 Atlanta in a Wild Card game. Even the owner most in love with the current system will have to admit this shouldn’t happen.

So home playoff games for Division winners that Owner's love won't change but it could change if its a major embarrassment? He really is Roger Goodell's doppelgänger.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/01/patriots-packers-super-bowl-nfl-week-13/7/

Harlan Huckleby
12-01-2014, 10:30 AM

NFL players all have embarrassing flubs. Adams was way more gooder than badder, you negative nancy.

mraynrand
12-01-2014, 10:45 AM
Peter King for this paragraph:

So home playoff games for Division winners that Owner's love won't change but it could change if its a major embarrassment? He really is Roger Goodell's doppelgänger.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/01/patriots-packers-super-bowl-nfl-week-13/7/

Why is it an embarrassment? So the NFL has a weak division. Too god damn bad. If the division winner is so bad, then go crush them in their house or shut your pie hole. What would be far, far more embarrassing is to be that 12 win team that goes to a 6 win team and loses. Hopefully that won't happen to GB at NO.

mraynrand
12-01-2014, 10:46 AM
NFL players all have embarrassing flubs. Adams was way more gooder than badder, you negative Nancy.

proper names are capitalized, Moran.

pbmax
12-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Why is it an embarrassment? So the NFL has a weak division. Too god damn bad. If the division winner is so bad, then go crush them in their house or shut your pie hole. What would be far, far more embarrassing is to be that 12 win team that goes to a 6 win team and loses. Hopefully that won't happen to GB at NO.

Even better would be for Seattle to go to New Orleans to followup the Beast Mode playoff game. I'm sure NO would like to repay the favor.

wist43
12-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Winners:
Dom Capers
Aaron Rodgers
Jordy
Lacy
Cobb
Stubby

Losers:
Wist
Crosby
Belicheat

Can't put me on the list of losers, b/c dunderummy largely did what I said he needed to do - the shock of it is, that he actually did it!!!

From what little I saw, he went mostly with 3 man lines, and when he did throw the 2-4 out there he crowded the line and filled gaps. Didn't see much of Hawk or Jones - but then again I haven't watched the whole game yet.

For the personnel we have, I've been calling for this defense for a few years now... the fact that dunderdummy is finally - finally - after years of embarrassment and dismal failures finally seeming to get it figured out isn't a feather in his cap. The idiot has subjected us to horrible football for 3+ years!!!

MadScientist
12-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Winners:
MM - Hell of a game plan, lots of new wrinkles to create mismatches, but without high risk gadgetry
Capers - NE made their share of plays - they are too good not to - but the Packers defense was solid, made lots of stops and didn't let them have anything easy
Barrington - Hard tackles on the opening drive set the tone
O-line - Rodgers had unbelievable amounts of time. Sure NE was missing a prime rusher, but still it was incredible.

Loosers:
Hawk - Pretty clear his time has come to an end
Shields - Wrong way to 'use your head' on that play

3irty1
12-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Winners:

Praise be unto McCarthy. They were just a few executions away from really pulling away from New England and playing defense with offense. Great game against a good defense.
Capers also had good game plan tarnished mostly by execution problems, namely making any running back look impossible to tackle.
The Fans deserve credit, this is a totally different supercharged team at home.

Lots of players who everyone else will mention and James Starks. How about that catch? We've always heard he's got hands and route running skills but seeing is believing. Where has this been the last 4 years?

Losers:

Anyone who bets against this team in Lambeau.

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 12:51 PM

I'd like to add this:

I was impressed with the calm manner in which HC Mike McCarthy handled himself in this game. The way he allowed his horses to simply run.

He acted like the confident HC that he needs to be. Accepting the good and bad with an 'it is what it is' demeanor.

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 01:13 PM

Way to straighten that out.

I recall a much worse Mason Crosby.

Karma Lads ... maintain the positive.

Moving forward the Green Bay Packers need to focus as heartedly as they did on the objective in Week 13 and as Packer fans we should stay calm and faithful. Believe in the power of positive karma; stop the panic attacks in the game day thread. Get a fricken grip on yourself. We've got a long way to go towards as Aaron Rodgers expressed "obtaining some lofty goals". As Green Bay Packer fans we're a part of that.

I'll add this:

Before this game not a whole lot of the experts on then tube we're willing to offer a check mark to Green Bay. I played with the eventual result of this game. Frankly I believed that the New England Patriots and all the hype that comes with that team was 'a big hurdle'. Winning football games after proper preparation comes down to winning the little battles. It often comes down to a second or an inch or less. It comes down to second effort and 60 minutes of focused desire to win every battle.

There can be 'only one' winner and yesterday in this huge game for both sides it was our team. If our team could somehow tackle better the Green Bay Packers would look like the Seattle Seahawks plus.

That was a terrific win. Lets simply just celebrate that. The Green Bay Packers have a whole load of really tough battles on the field ahead of them. Now it's time. It's time for all of us to truly feel like the New England Patriots. Every game is huge to win. Every game is a statement on the teams season.

I was amazed and impressed at the painful and respectful emotion of Bill Belichick in his post game presser. He informed us Packer fans just how good the 2014 edition of the Green Bay Packers is. I suggest that we all believe in that with all our might. We have members here that have incredible faith in the Packers. We all should be more like them. I include myself in that group that has some or too much doubt. I'm going to try and work on that. If I was totally there yesterday I'd be leading the Pro Pickem standings today. I'm trying to school myself RE: that.

Finally no matter how I post here or lay my points or bets each and every week I'm foremost always a Green Bay Packer fan. I'm first for a Packer win.

I suggest to you that in his incredible passion that wist43 is as well. wist43 is a solid Green Bay Packer fan. That member shouldn't be taking heat because he see's it a certain way and tries to school us in that.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !

mraynrand
12-01-2014, 01:21 PM
Winner:
Adams
Loser:
Adams

He is versatile though. Someone must have said something to him about the team missing James Jones.

pbmax
12-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Lots of players who everyone else will mention and James Starks. How about that catch? We've always heard he's got hands and route running skills but seeing is believing. Where has this been the last 4 years?
\

Other than Barrington's snaps, Starks catch was the big surprise. When he and Rodgers are playing catch, it looks like they don't exist in the same time frame. Maybe the solution is to send him deep.

pbmax
12-01-2014, 02:15 PM
Winner:
Adams
Loser:
Adams

He is versatile though. Someone must have said something to him about the team missing James Jones.

Should have been over the shoulder then. With a slant, it would be a Jones bobble.

hoosier
12-01-2014, 02:49 PM
I'd like to add this:

I was impressed with the calm manner in which HC Mike McCarthy handled himself in this game. The way he allowed his horses to simply run.

He acted like the confident HC that he needs to be. Accepting the good and bad with an 'it is what it is' demeanor.

You say this because you think McCarthy's usual game time demeanor is Harbaugh-like spasticity?

Fritz
12-01-2014, 03:00 PM
Can't put me on the list of losers, b/c dunderummy largely did what I said he needed to do - the shock of it is, that he actually did it!!!

From what little I saw, he went mostly with 3 man lines, and when he did throw the 2-4 out there he crowded the line and filled gaps. Didn't see much of Hawk or Jones - but then again I haven't watched the whole game yet.

For the personnel we have, I've been calling for this defense for a few years now... the fact that dunderdummy is finally - finally - after years of embarrassment and dismal failures finally seeming to get it figured out isn't a feather in his cap. The idiot has subjected us to horrible football for 3+ years!!!

Classic Wist. You abuse Dom Capers left, right, and center, but when his defense keeps the Pats to 21 points it's no credit to Capers - it's because he finally followed your advice! No, even when the Packer defense plays well, it's no credit to Capers.

And...part of your complaining was that "Dunderdummy" would refuse to double or bracket Gronk, and that would mean, and I am paraphrasing you, that Gronk would score at least three touchdowns (you mentioned that if the over-under on number of Gronk touchdowns was 2.5, you'd take the over).

As far as I could tell, Capers refused to double or bracket Gronk, yet somehow, miraculously, the Patriots only scored 21, and I don't think Gronk scored those three touchdowns you were so sure he'd get.

But don't forget to trot out your old schtick about how, really, the other team screwed it up. In this case, I imagine you'll say that if Belichek had run the ball lots more, the Patriots would've surely won.

mraynrand
12-01-2014, 03:29 PM
^^^^ To summarize: Heads, I win; tails you lose!

pbmax
12-01-2014, 03:43 PM
As far as I could tell, Capers refused to double or bracket Gronk, yet somehow, miraculously, the Patriots only scored 21, and I don't think Gronk scored those three touchdowns you were so sure he'd get..

They did not. Some occasional zone, but mostly man on man with the safeties Hyde, Dix and Burnett.

wist43
12-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Classic Wist. You abuse Dom Capers left, right, and center, but when his defense keeps the Pats to 21 points it's no credit to Capers - it's because he finally followed your advice! No, even when the Packer defense plays well, it's no credit to Capers.

And...part of your complaining was that "Dunderdummy" would refuse to double or bracket Gronk, and that would mean, and I am paraphrasing you, that Gronk would score at least three touchdowns (you mentioned that if the over-under on number of Gronk touchdowns was 2.5, you'd take the over).

As far as I could tell, Capers refused to double or bracket Gronk, yet somehow, miraculously, the Patriots only scored 21, and I don't think Gronk scored those three touchdowns you were so sure he'd get.

But don't forget to trot out your old schtick about how, really, the other team screwed it up. In this case, I imagine you'll say that if Belichek had run the ball lots more, the Patriots would've surely won.

I haven't watched the game... the only play that stands out in my mind was the play in the end zone that was single coverage, good coverage, and Gronk dropped a pass that he could have held on to, but again, the coverage was very good.

As for dunderdummy - is he not playing the fronts the way I've said he needed to play it?? Yes he is... and the results have been very promising. As I've said, I like the players, and I've liked a lot of them for a few years now - my bitch has been that they haven't been used right.

Now that they are being used correctly, and we are getting much better results - the fact is - my arguments have been shown to be correct.

I will give dunderdummy credit for a game, or for 2 1/2 games in the last 4 - for finally getting his head out of his ass - but in no way can he be trusted. He is as likely to come out next week and play a 1-5 as he is to continue to take full advantage of the personnel he has available to him. I said the moment we hired him that he has it in him to be a good DC, but that he can't be trusted - that has proven to be true.

The guy has a long, long history in the league - and he's been fired from every place he's ever been b/c he has an MO of diminishing results; he also has an MO of being very, very capable... can't begin to imagine what goes thru his head when he throws those shitty game plans together, but he certainly does it on a regular enough basis to get fired everywhere he's been - everywhere but here.

He really should have been fired a long time ago - and I surely am not the only who has called for his head. I may be a leader on the bandwagon, but the bandwagon surely isn't a lonely one.

wist43
12-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Was Brad Jones a healthy scratch??

I didn't notice Hawk... was he benched??

Heard Lattimore got hurt - did he start??

Zool
12-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Was Brad Jones a healthy scratch??

I didn't notice Hawk... was he benched??

Heard Lattimore got hurt - did he start??

Hawk played sparingly
Lattimore was hurt on ST I believe
Didn't realize Jones was inactive. Will wonders never cease!

Barrington played OK. Some good plays against the run and some not so good. Mainly replacing Hawk in the nickle I believe? Someone can correct me on that.

Bossman641
12-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Brad Jones had a single snap on defense
Lattimore injured on ST
Hawk played in the base 3-4, and I think he got a handful of snaps in the nickel when Barrington needed a break
CM3 played every snap

Maxie the Taxi
12-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Brad Jones was active.

mraynrand
12-01-2014, 05:03 PM
Brad Jones was active.

Even when he's active, he's inactive.

mraynrand
12-01-2014, 05:05 PM
... is he not playing the fronts the way I've said he needed to play it?? Yes he is...

he plays them dependent on the team he's facing, just like last year. This year, he has overall better/less injured players.

Maxie the Taxi
12-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Even when he's active, he's inactive.

A few games ago when he was wearing the headset, he was radioactive.

woodbuck27
12-01-2014, 05:06 PM
You say this because you think McCarthy's usual game time demeanor is Harbaugh-like spasticity?

No HC gets under my skin like Jim Harbaugh.

Here`s some impressive stuff `for` Mike McCarthy.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-game-recap/article-1/Win-over-Pats-puts-Packers-in-control-of-first-round-bye/15a3e67c-4c3c-4ac9-9f8f-9ed723a01764?campaign=email_141201

smuggler
12-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Pete Carroll also for his general obliviousness.

Teamcheez1
12-01-2014, 07:30 PM
I'm going to add the national sports talk shows to the losers. I had a long drive home today, so I decided to listen to various ESPN commentators during the day. What a bunch of "homers" that kissed Brady's ass all day. I saw very little credit given to the Packers. It was more of the Patriots lost, the Packers didn't win.

esoxx
12-01-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm going to add the national sports talk shows to the losers. I had a long drive home today, so I decided to listen to various ESPN commentators during the day. What a bunch of "homers" that kissed Brady's ass all day. I saw very little credit given to the Packers. It was more of the Patriots lost, the Packers didn't win.

Most of the national media also were picking the Patriots to win the game.

All of the CBS crew on the pregame show picked the Pats. Not one dissenting view. Never mind the Packers were favored and playing at home.