View Full Version : NFC playoff picture - how will they finish

MadScientist
12-04-2014, 08:45 AM
Arizona Cardinals (9-3)
vs. Kansas City (7-5)
at St. Louis (5-7)
vs. Seattle (8-4)
at San Francisco (7-5)

Given the way St Louis is playing, this is a very tough schedule.
Prediction 1-3 to finish 10-6

Philadelphia Eagles (9-3)
vs. Seattle (8-4)
vs. Dallas (8-4)
at Washington (3-9)
at New York Giants (3-9)

Seattle plus division foes, but the tough games are at home
Prediction 3-1 to finish 12-4

Seattle Seahawks (8-4)
at Philadelphia (9-3)
vs. San Francisco (7-5)
at Arizona (9-3)
vs. St. Louis (5-7)

Very tough schedule, especially the road games.
Prediction 3-1 to finish 11-5

Dallas Cowboys (8-4)
at Chicago (5-7)
at Philadelphia (9-3)
vs. Indianapolis (8-4)
at Washington (3-9)

Dallas has started to fade, but they only have two tough opponents
Prediction 2-2 to finish 10-6

Detroit Lions (8-4)
vs. Tampa Bay (2-10)
vs. Minnesota (5-7)
at Chicago (5-7)
at Green Bay (9-3)

Three cream puffs and then the showdown

Green Bay Packers (9-3)
vs. Atlanta (5-7)
at Buffalo (7-5)
at Tampa Bay (2-10)
vs. Detroit (8-4)

Two tough games
Prediction 3-1 to finish 12-4 and take the #1 seed.

pbmax
12-04-2014, 08:53 AM
I'll take it.

hoosier
12-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Gotta hope that Seattle and Philly each lose one more game. Otherwise GB has to win out. But who to root for in the Sea @ Phi game? Whoever wins that has a decent chance of running their table.

hoosier
12-04-2014, 09:50 AM
But who to root for in the Sea @ Phi game?

A Sea-Philly tie would be a huge gift for GB.

Tyrion Lannister
12-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Playoffs? A nice win against the Pats, the premier team of the AFC, and everyone is talking playoffs.

Until the Packers actually clinch a spot, I'm gonna defer all playoffs questions to Jim Mora.

MadScientist
12-04-2014, 09:57 AM
A Sea-Philly tie would be a huge gift for GB.

Not really, a tie doesn't help the Packers against Philly. I think the Seahawks have a better chance of losing one of their last three than Philly does. Dallas didn't look like much last week at home against the Eagles, so I don't think they will fare much better in Philly. The Sea-Arizona game will be critical for the division, so I could see the Cards taking that one, and the Rams have improved so much I wouldn't put the upset past them.

Fritz
12-04-2014, 10:11 AM
But don't forget about the NFC North itself. Detroit has two home games now against Tampa and Minny, and then on to Chicago to take on the toothless Bears.

Plus they get their two top offensive linemen back this week.

ThunderDan
12-04-2014, 10:27 AM
Gotta hope that Seattle and Philly each lose one more game. Otherwise GB has to win out. But who to root for in the Sea @ Phi game? Whoever wins that has a decent chance of running their table.

Root for Philly. We have the head-to-head against them in our favor. We don't against SEA.

hoosier
12-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Not really, a tie doesn't help the Packers against Philly. I think the Seahawks have a better chance of losing one of their last three than Philly does. Dallas didn't look like much last week at home against the Eagles, so I don't think they will fare much better in Philly. The Sea-Arizona game will be critical for the division, so I could see the Cards taking that one, and the Rams have improved so much I wouldn't put the upset past them.

You're right, somehow I was thinking Philly already had four losses, not three. I think Arizona is flaming out while Seattle is on the rise. Sea Squawks will beat them easily. For GB, Seattle is the most dangerous team in the NFC right now, so rooting for Philly makes sense.

mraynrand
12-04-2014, 12:08 PM
I'd hate to see Seattle win on the road in Philly. I think the Packers can beat Philly home or away; not so sure about Seattle.

Cheesehead Craig
12-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Seattle is turning into what Dallas was vs us from the 90's. We're so damn worried about playing them.

mraynrand
12-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Seattle is turning into what Dallas was vs us from the 90's. We're so damn worried about playing them.

49ers more like the Cowboys. Same story - the 'dynasty' ends with injuries and age (and maybe a little insanity/alzheimer's w/respect to Hairball/Switzer). Seattle's just a tough defensive team. I just don't want them looking as tough as they did (on defense) last week, especially on the road.

smuggler
12-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Root for Philly. We have the head-to-head against them in our favor. We don't against SEA.

×2

Also, a road game in Philly seems more manageable than one in Seattle.

denverYooper
12-04-2014, 03:00 PM
×2

Also, a road game in Philly seems more manageable than one in Seattle.

Hell yes.

woodbuck27
12-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Arizona Cardinals (9-3)
vs. Kansas City (7-5)
at St. Louis (5-7)
vs. Seattle (8-4)
at San Francisco (7-5)

Given the way St Louis is playing, this is a very tough schedule.
Prediction 1-3 to finish 10-6

Philadelphia Eagles (9-3)
vs. Seattle (8-4)
vs. Dallas (8-4)
at Washington (3-9)
at New York Giants (3-9)

Seattle plus division foes, but the tough games are at home
Prediction 3-1 to finish 12-4

Seattle Seahawks (8-4)
at Philadelphia (9-3)
vs. San Francisco (7-5)
at Arizona (9-3)
vs. St. Louis (5-7)

Very tough schedule, especially the road games.

Dallas Cowboys (8-4)
at Chicago (5-7)
at Philadelphia (9-3)
vs. Indianapolis (8-4)
at Washington (3-9)

Dallas has started to fade, but they only have two tough opponents
Prediction 2-2 to finish 10-6

Detroit Lions (8-4)
vs. Tampa Bay (2-10)
vs. Minnesota (5-7)
at Chicago (5-7)
at Green Bay (9-3)

Three cream puffs and then the showdown

Green Bay Packers (9-3)
vs. Atlanta (5-7)
at Buffalo (7-5)
at Tampa Bay (2-10)
vs. Detroit (8-4)

Two tough games
Prediction 3-1 to finish 12-4 and take the #1 seed.

Ohh No I knew it ...I knew it ...I just knew it.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxn4itrToLY1qjl-Cuxy7l2qOU3ftcuxDxAN-V8xX6v3b6kIkkMA

TRAP GAME !

King Friday
12-04-2014, 11:32 PM
I'll be wearing a Jaws jersey hoping that Philly can win this week. I'm not convinced that Philly can beat Dallas twice...and Philly is a team we match up with better than Seattle.

Joemailman
12-04-2014, 11:36 PM
I'll be wearing a Jaws jersey hoping that Philly can win this week. I'm not convinced that Philly can beat Dallas twice...and Philly is a team we match up with better than Seattle.

And we have the tie-breaker over Philly.

woodbuck27
12-05-2014, 06:08 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/284683181.html

Packers playoff chances over 95%; likely to be No. 1 seed in NFC

By: Matt Montgomery of the Journal Sentinel Dec. 4, 2014

woodbuck27
12-06-2014, 05:15 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/1standgoal-14week14/weed-nfl-legit-playoff-teams-john-clayton-first-goal

Wild playoff race nears finish line

Week 14 may begin to weed out non-playoff teams, offer postseason previews

Originally Published: December 4, 2014

GO PACK GO !

channtheman
12-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Playoffs? A nice win against the Pats, the premier team of the AFC, and everyone is talking playoffs.

Until the Packers actually clinch a spot, I'm gonna defer all playoffs questions to Jim Mora.

Good point. I'm curious, can the Packers, or any team, clinch the playoffs this week?

pbmax
12-06-2014, 09:24 AM
Good point. I'm curious, can the Packers, or any team, clinch the playoffs this week?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000437787/article/broncos-colts-can-clinch-playoff-berths-in-week-14?icampaign=Playoffpicture_news

Two teams, Colts and Broncos, can clinch this weekend.

smuggler
12-06-2014, 11:19 PM
I wonder; When was the last time no team clinched by the conclusion of week 14? Seems like there is always at least one team that's got their division locked down by this time of year.

Carolina_Packer
12-07-2014, 07:20 AM
I'm really hoping that Arizona wins the division to keep Seattle on the road, and keep San Fran out completely. The Cards are likely going to fade with all their issues, but here's hoping.

woodbuck27
12-07-2014, 09:33 AM
I'm really hoping that Arizona wins the division to keep Seattle on the road, and keep San Fran out completely. The Cards are likely going to fade with all their issues, but here's hoping.

A big game for the Cardinals this week Home to KC. Will they stop the bleeding?

pbmax
12-07-2014, 01:05 PM
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nfl-week-14-playoff-implications-the-chargers-have-a-pulse/

Not a lot of leverage in playoff implications this week except for Bye and Home Field.

Pugger
12-07-2014, 08:46 PM
A big game for the Cardinals this week Home to KC. Will they stop the bleeding?

AZ did find a way to win today so you never know. Can they beat the Rams next week in St. Louis?

HarveyWallbangers
12-09-2014, 11:32 AM
We're all pretty disappointed in the defense last night, but it was a big one. Using ESPN's playoff machine, I could not find a scenario where the Packers not making the playoffs with one more win--even with two conference losses to Tampa Bay and Detroit. Winning one of the next two would guarantee the playoffs and guarantee that the final game is for the division, at worst.

denverYooper
12-09-2014, 11:41 AM
That Buffalo game looks like a tough sled on a short week.

Fortunately, their QB is neckbeard the game manager but if the offense struggles against that physical Buffalo D, things could get ugly.

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 12:11 PM

Fortunately, their QB is neckbeard the game manager but if the offense struggles against that physical Buffalo D, things could get ugly.

We must find a way to win this week.

It's a true test. A game to hopefully build back from.

That mere 'W' last night Vs Atlanta needs to be redeemed.

It'll be interesting to see how the Packers answer.

pbmax
12-09-2014, 12:32 PM
I hope the coach and QB actually try hard this week. Maybe focus and stay on task. No more commercials or press conferences except those mandated by the League.

No joking, no intimate relations, maybe lose some weight, get their eyes fixed and change their diet.

No TV or video games. Come up with something creative both for a game plan and pre game speech so the team comes out fired up like when it wins and not lethargic like when it loses.

This is not rocket science or organic chemistry. Just do your job and don't be dumb.

Fritz
12-09-2014, 01:00 PM

I'm kinda sorta hoping for a game like the 2010 Jets game in which the Packer D won the game. I think the final score was 9-0. It was a game that made you realize that the defense could win you a game.

Tony Oday
12-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Good lord the defense coasted to the win last night. Not worried at all. We will win out and be 13-3 and host all home games.

3irty1
12-09-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm kinda sorta hoping for a game like the 2010 Jets game in which the Packer D won the game. I think the final score was 9-0. It was a game that made you realize that the defense could win you a game.

They would have easily had that game against Detroit had the offensive effort not been one of the worst we've ever seen. That seems like ages ago now. Now this defense is on pace to give up more points than it did in 2011.

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 06:06 PM
I hope the coach and QB actually try hard this week. Maybe focus and stay on task. No more commercials or press conferences except those mandated by the League.

No joking, no intimate relations, maybe lose some weight, get their eyes fixed and change their diet.

No TV or video games. Come up with something creative both for a game plan and pre game speech so the team comes out fired up like when it wins and not lethargic like when it loses.

This is not rocket science or organic chemistry. Just do your job and don't be dumb.

Hear ! Hear !!

GO PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 06:10 PM
They would have easily had that game against Detroit had the offensive effort not been one of the worst we've ever seen. That seems like ages ago now. Now this defense is on pace to give up more points than it did in 2011.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

The Green Bay Packers fell four spots to be ranked @ NO. 16 this Week 15 of the 2014 season.