PDA

View Full Version : Official Buccaneers Discussion Thread

Harlan Huckleby
12-04-2014, 02:16 PM
Atlanta (5-7)
at Buffalo (7-5)
at Tampa Bay (2-10)
Detroit (8-4)

Tampa Bay, there's the trap game, you morons. Nobody is going to take any of the other three teams lightly.

mraynrand
12-04-2014, 02:52 PM
http://www.portlandmercury.com/binary/a0d1/1253637561-admiral_ackbar.jpg

denverYooper
12-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Is that Lovie?

Maxie the Taxi
12-04-2014, 03:33 PM
Dammit, Harlan, you created a trap thread! Now I'm looking past both Atlanta and Buffalo. You got this old man mighty confused.

Harlan Huckleby
12-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Well, I see this as a thread for the advanced thinkers. The people playing chess instead of checkers.

Joemailman
12-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Maybe something will fail.

http://todaysdrinker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MousetrapGame2.jpg

woodbuck27
12-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Well, I see this as a thread for the advanced thinkers. The people playing chess instead of checkers.

Ohh ... I get it:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSM9283-REcqSOphV4w2hRxFKGxKKv8EXLFeRINz8au3hhxUdKq

Hello ...I'm Harlan Huckleby.

Maxie the Taxi
12-04-2014, 05:11 PM

You got it all wrong. Must think in the present. Thinking in advance is the very definition of the trap game mentality.

Harlan Huckleby
12-04-2014, 05:40 PM
My ankles will be taped monday night. See, I even knew what day the game is on. Mike Sherman will have the boys ready to play, not worried about that.

Tyrion Lannister
12-04-2014, 05:56 PM
My ankles will be taped monday night. See, I even knew what day the game is on. Mike Sherman will have the boys ready to play, not worried about that.

Sherman not only never missed the playoffs as GM, he's undefeated on MNF.

pbmax
12-04-2014, 07:09 PM
Sherman not only never missed the playoffs as GM, he's undefeated on MNF.

And he's available.

pbmax
12-04-2014, 07:10 PM
I like the Lions versus the Bucs this week.

KYPack
12-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Atlanta (5-7)
at Buffalo (7-5)
at Tampa Bay (2-10)
Detroit (8-4)

Tampa Bay, there's the trap game, you morons. Nobody is going to take any of the other three teams lightly.

Red? Is that you?

Fritz
12-05-2014, 10:38 AM
And he's available.

Both as a GM and coach. You can get him for either gig, or both, if you prefer.

Takers?

Tyrion Lannister
12-14-2014, 11:12 PM
Fuck it, I am sick of discussing the depressing loss to the Bills, my glorious achievement in HS, and the Pistol Force.

I'm moving on to Bucs discussions.

I don't care how the Packers play against Tampa; pretty, ugly, a little in between. I don't give a fuck...

http://keithlanecreativegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/al-davis-blog-new.jpg

Joemailman
12-14-2014, 11:28 PM
What happened today is probably the worst thing that could have happened to the Bucs. Rodgers & Co. won't have 2 bad games in a row.

Bucs couldn't beat a bad Carolina team that didn't have Cam Newton.

gbgary
12-15-2014, 12:49 AM
another automatic loss. should be drafting in the low 20s.

pbmax
12-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Randall Liu @RLiuNFL · 8h 8 hours ago
GB (@packers) clinches playoff spot:
1. GB W + PHI L
2. GB W + DAL W
3. PHI L + DAL W

denverYooper
12-16-2014, 04:35 PM
Wouldn't that be something if GB wound up 11-5 and out of the playoffs after making it last year?

denverYooper
12-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Randall Liu @RLiuNFL · 8h 8 hours ago
GB (@packers) clinches playoff spot:
1. GB W + PHI L
2. GB W + DAL W
3. PHI L + DAL W

Who gets the tiebreak if GB and Dallas end up tied for the last wc spot?

pbmax
12-16-2014, 04:41 PM
If its a two way tie, Packers were ahead on conference record last I looked, but also had one less conference game.

Pugger
12-16-2014, 05:57 PM
If we win on Sunday don't we clinch a playoff spot?

denverYooper
12-16-2014, 06:03 PM

I thought so but there must be a possible scenario where Philly can win the division and Dallas can sneak in over GB. Otherwise, the only thing in those scenarios necessary for the Packers to clinch would be "GB win".

Joemailman
12-16-2014, 06:05 PM

Not quite.

The Packers clinch a playoff spot with:

1) a win plus an Eagles loss or tie
2) a win plus a Cowboys loss or tie
3) a tie plus an Eagles loss
4) a tie plus an Eagles tie and a Cowboys win or tie
5) an Eagles loss plus a Cowboys win or tie.

Tyrion Lannister
12-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Not quite.

According to JSO, the Packers can also clinch a spot with a win VS TB and Dallas win VS Indy.

King Friday
12-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Why would a Dallas win over Indy mean anything? Indy is an AFC team.

denverYooper
12-16-2014, 06:39 PM

Dallas would probably win the division in that case and GB has the head-to-head over Philly

woodbuck27
12-16-2014, 06:46 PM
What happened today is probably the worst thing that could have happened to the Bucs. Rodgers & Co. won't have 2 bad games in a row.

Bucs couldn't beat a bad Carolina team that didn't have Cam Newton.

Ohh... finally ...... after so much thought ....I finally I get it !

That's why the Packers Passing Offense looked like a Kansas Shit Storm in Buffalo.

Lose in Buffalo and kick the CRAP out of the BUCS.

Raise a little drama in the process.

Tyrion Lannister
12-16-2014, 06:46 PM
Dallas would probably win the division in that case and GB has the head-to-head over Philly

I think the math is saying that in order to clinch their division this weekend, Dallas needs a win plus a Philly loss. If that's the case, GB would get in no matter what happens VS TB.

pbmax
12-16-2014, 11:13 PM
According to JSO, the Packers can also clinch a spot with a win VS TB and Dallas win VS Indy.

Silverstein had a very confusing Tweet about it, and I think he stll has it wrong (he does say what TL reports). I think the first reports out this week were based on a bad press release from the League.

GREEN BAY PACKERS (at Tampa Bay)
Green Bay clinches a playoff spot with:

GB win + PHI loss or tie OR
GB win + DAL win or tie OR
GB tie + PHI loss OR
GB tie + PHI tie + DAL win or tie OR
PHI loss + DAL win or tie

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/286012091.html

But NFL.com disagrees on its NFL Week 15 Playoff Scenario page: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000444723/article/which-teams-can-clinch-a-playoff-spot-during-week-16?icampaign=Playoffpicture_news

Tyrion Lannister
12-16-2014, 11:56 PM
Silverstein had a very confusing Tweet about it, and I think he stll has it wrong (he does say what TL reports). I think the first reports out this week were based on a bad press release from the League.

GREEN BAY PACKERS (at Tampa Bay)
Green Bay clinches a playoff spot with:

GB win + PHI loss or tie OR
GB win + DAL win or tie OR
GB tie + PHI loss OR
GB tie + PHI tie + DAL win or tie OR
PHI loss + DAL win or tie

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/286012091.html

But NFL.com disagrees on its NFL Week 15 Playoff Scenario page: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000444723/article/which-teams-can-clinch-a-playoff-spot-during-week-16?icampaign=Playoffpicture_news

If the NFL.com source is true, looks like Demovsky at ESPN is also incorrect - reported the same thing as Silverstein.

In a nutshell, if the Packers win their last two fucking games and everything will take care of itself.

Striker
12-17-2014, 12:02 AM

Three way tie doesn't help the Packers.

Fritz
12-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Just win, baby. The playoff picture will clear itself up.

And yes, it's possible that an 11-5 team will miss the playoffs, so the pressure's on, which I think is good for GB. Might as well start acting like it's the playoffs now.

Harlan Huckleby
12-17-2014, 11:12 AM
I think the wish to have Dallas win is too pussified. Ya, through some strange math it guarantees a packer playoff spot. But then that assumes the peckers will lose to lions. Are we not men? Go for the homefield against Dallas. Lose 'boys, lose.

mraynrand
12-17-2014, 11:19 AM

And yes, it's possible that an 11-5 team will miss the playoffs, so the pressure's on, which I think is good for GB. Might as well start acting like it's the playoffs now.

Kinda worked in 2010

Rutnstrut
12-17-2014, 12:24 PM

Well then the whole team, coaches included better show a hell of a lot more urgency than they did against the Bills.

mraynrand
12-17-2014, 12:42 PM
Well then the whole team, coaches included better show a hell of a lot more urgency than they did against the Bills.

Sure, but the urgency didn't start in 2010 until the Giants game, which was the penultimate regular season game. Also, Capers stopped taking his Avodart.

woodbuck27
12-17-2014, 12:50 PM

I'm reviewing the game slowly now over two days and Buffalo's Offense played as bad as the Packers up and until the score turned Bills 13 and Packers 10. To that point the best player on the field for both sides was the Bills Mario Williams.

In the next series a complacent Aaron Rodgers returned and with 3:09 remaining in the third quarter he give up his first pick in 203 passing attempts. That was the pass to Randall Cobb where Rodgers forces it with a wide open Jordy Nelson on Rodgers RHS. It's strange why Rodgers doesn't check down to Nelson for a relatively easy pass reception and a sure TD.

That result would have put the Packers up 17-13 and all things the same give the team a huge win.

So Rodgers got picked...his first of two and he walks off the field not showing any of his normal fire. To this point in the game Rodgers had no 'piss and vinegar' in him. He appeared complacent and somehow not in the game as I'm seeing usually.

Something was wrong with Aaron Rodgers. He simply didn't look himself. He put the loss on himself and he was correct to do so.

Come On Aaron. The team dies without 'YOU'.

pbmax
12-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
Bulaga and House DNP, Lacy limited, Lang limited, Matthews limited, Neal limited, Perry limited, Sitton DNP. #Packers injury report

woodbuck27
12-17-2014, 04:13 PM
The Packer pass defense has a couple of fellas to watch out for this week:

Receiving ........... Rec..... Yds .....Avg...... TDs

Mike Evans.......... 59...... 948.... 16.1....... 11

Vincent Jackson... 66...... 931.... 14.1........ 2

others:

Louis Murphy...... 31...... 380..... 12.3........ 2
Bobby Rainey......33.......315...... 9.5......... 1

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-17-2014, 04:22 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=TB

The Tampa Bay BUCS

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Series-History-Bucs-Packers/41f2956c-ba31-4a76-bbde-424f1fc66c15

Series History: Bucs - Packers

Posted 1 hour ago

Scott Smith ... Senior Writer/Editor

PACKERS !

woodbuck27
12-17-2014, 04:33 PM
http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Foster_on_Stopping_GB_Offense/618bb046-2066-4e86-bf6b-26d35770195c

Foster on Stopping GB Offense

Buccaneers LB Mason Foster speaks with the media talks about going out and stopping the Green Bay offense and how that would show how much the defense has progressed throughout the year.

P A C K E R S !

Freak Out
12-17-2014, 06:49 PM
If the Packers lose to TB they deserve no playoff spot. Especially after last Sundays performance.

Joemailman
12-17-2014, 06:52 PM
If the Packers lose to TB they deserve no playoff spot. Especially after last Sundays performance.

I feel this way about the last 2 games. If they can't win these, does it really matter if they make the playoffs?

woodbuck27
12-17-2014, 09:39 PM
http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Replacements-Pulled-from-Practice-Squad/6bb8c6ca-dfe2-4ded-b7f4-10af125f655c

Tampa Bay News:

Three Regulars assigned to IR......

Replacements Pulled from Practice Squad

Posted Dec 16, 2014

woodbuck27
12-18-2014, 08:07 AM
NewsHub

Mike McCarthy warns team against overconfidence against Bucs

By NewsHub @newshub

The Green Bay Packers are 10-point favorites on the road against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who have won just one of their last 10 games and none in six tries at home.

PACKERS !

Maxie the Taxi
12-18-2014, 09:22 AM
Here's a man with his work cut out for him...
http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=U0&Date=20091108&Category=PKR07&ArtNo=91108067&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Mike-Vandermause-column-Green-Bay-Packers-loss-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-low-point-coach-Mike-McCarthy

How do you motivate a clearly superior team to play hard against a team that dwells on the bottom of the NFL's barrel?

First, Stubby floats the idea that the game against Tampa is the start of the playoffs which it clearly is not. His players are not stupid. Recently, he even had his men choose team captains for the post-season. A move which his QB called "oozing confidence."

Now Stubby is warning his team not to get overconfident because even though Tampa's best player on defense is out of the game, the Buccaneers still have some mighty good players.

Of course it's obvious to all that the entire team has that last game at home against Detroit on its mind.

Seriously, what's a coach to do?

Football is a game of emotions? How do you make sure your team of wealthy, professional, celebrity football players have an emotional edge when they get off that plane in Tampa, FL?

woodbuck27
12-18-2014, 09:24 AM
http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Replacements-Pulled-from-Practice-Squad/6bb8c6ca-dfe2-4ded-b7f4-10af125f655c

Tampa Bay News:

Three Regulars assigned to IR......

Replacements Pulled from Practice Squad

Posted Dec 16, 2014

NewsHub

View this content on newshub's website

Packers' Next Opponent: Buccaneers

By NewsHub @newshub

Defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ best player, and two of their top four receiving weapons were placed on injured reserve Tuesday.

mraynrand
12-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Here's a man with his work cut out for him...
http://cmsimg.greenbaypressgazette.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=U0&Date=20091108&Category=PKR07&ArtNo=91108067&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Mike-Vandermause-column-Green-Bay-Packers-loss-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-low-point-coach-Mike-McCarthy

How do you motivate a clearly superior team to play hard against a team that dwells on the bottom of the NFL's barrel?

First, Stubby floats the idea that the game against Tampa is the start of the playoffs which it clearly is not. His players are not stupid. Recently, he even had his men choose team captains for the post-season. A move which his QB called "oozing confidence."

Now Stubby is warning his team not to get overconfident because even though Tampa's best player on defense is out of the game, the Buccaneers still have some mighty good players.

Of course it's obvious to all that the entire team has that last game at home against Detroit on its mind.

Seriously, what's a coach to do?

Football is a game of emotions? How do you make sure your team of wealthy, professional, celebrity football players have an emotional edge when they get off that plane in Tampa, FL?

Maxie, it's like the NCAA where the 3 seed plays the 14th seed. You need the win to keep going, it's supposed to be a cake walk, but you can always lose... The Stubby strategy of treating it like a playoff game is appropriate. The key is getting your guys to play at a high level without getting them tight.

Maxie the Taxi
12-18-2014, 09:38 AM
Maxie, it's like the NCAA where the 3 seed plays the 14th seed. You need the win to keep going, it's supposed to be a cake walk, but you can always lose... The Stubby strategy of treating it like a playoff game is appropriate. The key is getting your guys to play at a high level without getting them tight.

I think it's kind of transparently phony. It's not like 2010 where you either win or go home. That said, I really don't know what I would do to get the players at a "high level" and at the same time keep them from getting "tight."

I might just approach it matter-of-factly: "You guys are pros. You know the situation as well as I do. If you phone this one in, you'll get whipped and possibly hurt. Now dig deep, earn your damn paychecks and remember why you're here. Now let's go strap it on and show these bums what a superior team looks like. Let's have fun beating the crap out of them."

But that's just me. :-)

mraynrand
12-18-2014, 09:43 AM
I think it's kind of transparently phony. It's not like 2010 where you either win or go home. That said, I really don't know what I would do to get the players at a "high level" and at the same time keep them from getting "tight."

I might just approach it matter-of-factly: "You guys are pros. You know the situation as well as I do. If you phone this one in, you'll get whipped and possibly hurt. Now dig deep, earn your damn paychecks and remember why you're here. Now let's go strap it on and show these bums what a superior team looks like. Let's have fun beating the crap out of them."

If i could get you in the locker room, I'd fly you down there.

Maxie the Taxi
12-18-2014, 09:47 AM
If i could get you in the locker room, I'd fly you down there.

I'd have to drive. I don't fly much anymore because of the damn airport nazi's.:-|

mraynrand
12-18-2014, 09:48 AM
I'd have to drive. I don't fly much anymore because of the damn airport nazi's.:-|

well you are close enough....

Zool
12-18-2014, 09:50 AM

Getting your balls rubbed is getting your balls rubbed. The rubbist doesn't matter.

woodbuck27
12-18-2014, 09:58 AM

Excuse me ... an airport Nazi?

Is that the same as 'a Travel Nazi'?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Travel+Nazi

Maxie the Taxi
12-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Getting your balls rubbed is getting your balls rubbed. The rubbist doesn't matter.

I keep wondering what John Wayne's character in Stagecoach, The Ringo Kid, would do to a TSA agent who tried to rub him down. Hey. Hey.

Maxie the Taxi
12-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Excuse me ... an airport Nazi?

Is that the same as 'a Travel Nazi'?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Travel+Nazi

Airport nazi = TSA

woodbuck27
12-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Airport nazi = TSA

You learn something new every day. :-) Thanks.

pbmax
12-18-2014, 10:17 AM
"You guys are pros. You know the situation as well as I do. If you phone this one in, you'll get whipped and possibly hurt. Now dig deep, earn your damn paychecks and remember why you're here. Now let's go strap it on and show these bums what a superior team looks like. Let's have fun beating the crap out of them."

If it never worked for Singletary, why would it work for you? :lol:

However, this might be appropriate for the first actual playoff game.

Fritz
12-18-2014, 10:20 AM

It's not that difficult, really:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0y3F3wRNVU_MZ6bNfTYE1L-bbw0qjuv7OKiJkIdTKVBSAM73A5Q

Maxie the Taxi
12-18-2014, 10:22 AM
If it never worked for Singletary, why would it work for you? :lol:

However, this might be appropriate for the first actual playoff game.

Assuming we're not the 6th seed. LOL

woodbuck27
12-18-2014, 10:24 AM
It's not that difficult, really:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0y3F3wRNVU_MZ6bNfTYE1L-bbw0qjuv7OKiJkIdTKVBSAM73A5Q

Fritz:

Your FIRED !

Fritz
12-18-2014, 10:26 AM
No, that blunt is fired. Fired up.

George Cumby
12-18-2014, 10:34 AM

denverYooper
12-18-2014, 02:10 PM
No, that blunt is fired. Fired up.

joint

Harlan Huckleby
12-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Packers are gonna pound TB. Then we'll be happy and think everything is fixed. Terry and Jimmy and Howey and Mikey will say so too.

OK, I'll believe, but just this one last time.

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/greyweirdo/3384090/380854/380854_original.jpg

pbmax
12-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Thursday's practice:

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 2h2 hours ago
DNP: Bulaga (concussion), House (shoulder)
Limited: Lang (ankle), Neal (abdomen), Matthews (biceps), Perry (shoulder), Lacy (eye), Sitton (?)

Lacy has an eye: some kind of adverse reaction to his contacts in one eye. He would prefer not to go with the Jabbar/Worthy google solution, but plans to wear the contacts despite his eyeball rejecting them. Might have to stop using seltzer to clean contacts.

(?) Some had him limited, Silverstein had him DNP.

mraynrand
12-18-2014, 03:42 PM
"Howey?"

mraynrand
12-18-2014, 03:46 PM
... go with the Jabbar/Worthy google solution...

I googled goggles on google and got a gaggle of goggle gifs.

denverYooper
12-18-2014, 04:10 PM
I googled goggles on google and got a gaggle of goggle gifs.

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2014/02/bruce-campbell-evil-dead-ii.jpeg

Groovy.

Freak Out
12-18-2014, 04:59 PM
He needs to start using the peroxide solution for his contacts (can't remember the brand name).

gbgary
12-18-2014, 06:17 PM
automatic loss. don't even fly down there.

vince
12-19-2014, 01:14 AM
I think it's kind of transparently phony.
I don't see anything phony in what McCarthy is doing. I see it as a genuine statement as the head coach that this is a big fucking game if they want to get to where they need to be as a team. The last thing this team needs is to go stumbling into the final game of the year against a pretty tough Detroit underperforming two games in a row. It's not an elimination game per se, but the time is now to start working up to that intense focus and heighten the level of play.

I think he's creatively saying through action that is more powerful than just saying it, "It's real boys, and that shitstorm you laid in Buffalo ain't gonna get it done starting now." Not sure how they wouldn't be buying into that.

woodbuck27
12-19-2014, 04:08 AM
He needs to start using the peroxide solution for his contacts (can't remember the brand name).

http://www.clearcaresolution.com/faq.shtml

CLEAR CARE® Solution:

" CLEAR CARE® Solution uses hydrogen peroxide to help prevent eye infections by killing harmful germs and bacteria on contact lenses. "

woodbuck27
12-19-2014, 04:26 AM
I don't see anything phony in what McCarthy is doing. I see it as a genuine statement as the head coach that this is a big fucking game if they want to get to where they need to be as a team. The last thing this team needs is to go stumbling into the final game of the year against a pretty tough Detroit underperforming two games in a row. It's not an elimination game per se, but the time is now to start working up to that intense focus and heighten the level of play.

I think he's creatively saying through action that is more powerful than just saying it, "It's real boys, and that shitstorm you laid in Buffalo ain't gonna get it done starting now." Not sure how they wouldn't be buying into that.

Yea...Yes... Certainly ... right on. It's time to piss or get off the pot.

There is no way a Super Bowl caliber NFL team should have played the way the Green Bay Packers did in Buffalo.

That was clearly ' just awful '. How in HELL could that have happened? Is anyone really surprized?

The cumulative score in Packer road games:

Opposition 182 - Green Bay Packers 148.

Think about that fact.

Do you imagine that the Green Bay Packers have any chance 'really' if they don't win the NO. 2 Seed and gain some momentum with a 'W' in their next game.

Packerrats...The Playoffs begin this Sunday in Tampa Bay.

GO PACK GO !

woodbuck27
12-19-2014, 05:25 AM
We don't have to face this guy:

http://www.nfl.com/player/geraldmccoy/496816/profile

ThunderDan
12-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Yea...Yes... Certainly ... right on. It's time to piss or get off the pot.

There is no way a Super Bowl caliber NFL team should have played the way the Green Bay Packers did in Buffalo.

That was clearly ' just awful '. How in HELL could that have happened? Is anyone really surprized?

The cumulative score in Packer road games:

Opposition 182 - Green Bay Packers 148.

Think about that fact.

Do you imagine that the Green Bay Packers have any chance 'really' if they don't win the NO. 2 Seed and gain some momentum with a 'W' in their next game.

Packerrats...The Playoffs begin this Sunday in Tampa Bay.

GO PACK GO !

Home teams are 128-96-1 this year. So no surprise for good teams to go 5-3 or 4-4 on the road this year.

Dallas is 7-0 on the road.
Cin and Pitt both have 5 road wins.
Everyone else in the NFL has won 4 games or less on the road.

The mighty Seahags are 4-3 same as the Pats and Broncos.

pbmax
12-19-2014, 08:36 AM
AFC North records should not count, they play all the teams in the NFC South this year.

pbmax
12-19-2014, 09:02 AM
These guys really are still kids, Lacy apparently wore his contacts past the 30 recommended days.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/19/eddie-lacy-cant-see-himself-wearing-goggles/

Carolina_Packer
12-19-2014, 09:11 AM
Every team in the NFL has gone on the road and laid an egg this year. New England got smoked by KC who lost to the Titans. Denver got housed by St. Louis who got smoked by the Vikings. The Packers have laid four eggs. Unfortunately, they seem to suck when they lose, as opposed to losing close games. Two times (Detroit and Buffalo) the defense played well enough to support the team. Two other times (Seattle and New Orleans) the defense was not even close to good enough. 3 of the 4 losses (Seattle, Detroit, and Buffalo) were to very strong defenses, with New Orleans being the exception. All four losses are on the road, which doesn't bode well. Only one time this year (Miami) did the Packers go on the road and beat a quality defense, and that was by the skin of their teeth. I'm most concerned about how the team travels, especially against formidable defenses who will be especially amped up come playoff time. That's not the Packer defense's fault, that's the offense being out of sync. Should the Packers make a deep playoff run, they will likely have Seattle on the road. That would be tough.

vince
12-19-2014, 10:26 AM
The way the Packers run their offense now with about the only thing determined by the coach being personnel and pre-snap alignment, and about the only other thing predetermined in that little semi get-together before they line up you can't really call a huddle being snap count, it puts a premium on pre-snap communication which is obviously a lot more challenging on the road against good defenses in hostile environments. With different people of varying levels of experience at different positions moving in and out of the lineup, it doesn't take a whole lot for someone on the offense to not be in sync with the rest of the group. Pre-snap communication can change post-snap reads so even if they do communicate all the way around someone might not react to what the defense does the same as others expect them to. Other times (Buffalo) players get disrupted post-snap which throws off timing.

On the road and particularly against good teams all those dynamics haven't come together as efficiently as they can yet.

It's not McCarthy's style, and I think he's right in his aggressive approach for the continuing development of the offense, but they may have had more success in a few of those road games by dialing back by a couple years some of what they ask Rodgers to do at the line of scrimmage - not for his sake but for the good of guys like Adams and Linsley. Maybe adjust protections but not make as many actual play adjustments on the fly. Adams in particular hasn't seemed to have gotten on the same page with Rodgers on some of those back shoulder/fly routes outside and has missed some hot read route adjustments as well. This could also have created a little more structure for the offense against Buffalo in terms of run-pass ratio as the game develops. I'm convinced a lot of the pass heavy approach was Rodgers making the calls at the line based on what the defense is showing him. Taking that away a bit and forcing a few runs in spite of what the defense showed might have helped.

They're not rookies anymore though so I'd say it's balls to the walls as far as stretching how they want to approach making adjustments at the line of scrimmage.

Making mistakes sucks but if they're learning and getting better it's worthwhile. Without checking, I'd say McCarthy's teams have tended to get better as the season goes on so the teaching and learning they're doing seems to be having an impact over time. Hopefully the Buffalo game will provide some valuable lessons that they'll build from. It better or they're doomed because that game will be studied hard by every opponent from now til they're done.

Cleft Crusty
12-19-2014, 10:51 AM
These guys really are still kids, Lacy apparently wore his contacts past the 30 recommended days.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/19/eddie-lacy-cant-see-himself-wearing-goggles/

You never outgrow lazy. Clefty remembers a time when he left his Depends on too long. Then had to ride the Harley to get home. That wasn't pretty.

Maxie the Taxi
12-19-2014, 11:30 AM
The way the Packers run their offense now with about the only thing determined by the coach being personnel and pre-snap alignment, and about the only other thing predetermined in that little semi get-together before they line up you can't really call a huddle being snap count, it puts a premium on pre-snap communication which is obviously a lot more challenging on the road against good defenses in hostile environments. With different people of varying levels of experience at different positions moving in and out of the lineup, it doesn't take a whole lot for someone on the offense to not be in sync with the rest of the group. Pre-snap communication can change post-snap reads so even if they do communicate all the way around someone might not react to what the defense does the same as others expect them to. Other times (Buffalo) players get disrupted post-snap which throws off timing.

On the road and particularly against good teams all those dynamics haven't come together as efficiently as they can yet.

It's not McCarthy's style, and I think he's right in his aggressive approach for the continuing development of the offense, but they may have had more success in a few of those road games by dialing back by a couple years some of what they ask Rodgers to do at the line of scrimmage - not for his sake but for the good of guys like Adams and Linsley. Maybe adjust protections but not make as many actual play adjustments on the fly. Adams in particular hasn't seemed to have gotten on the same page with Rodgers on some of those back shoulder/fly routes outside and has missed some hot read route adjustments as well. This could also have created a little more structure for the offense against Buffalo in terms of run-pass ratio as the game develops. I'm convinced a lot of the pass heavy approach was Rodgers making the calls at the line based on what the defense is showing him. Taking that away a bit and forcing a few runs in spite of what the defense showed might have helped.

They're not rookies anymore though so I'd say it's balls to the walls as far as stretching how they want to approach making adjustments at the line of scrimmage.

Making mistakes sucks but if they're learning and getting better it's worthwhile. Without checking, I'd say McCarthy's teams have tended to get better as the season goes on so the teaching and learning they're doing seems to be having an impact over time. Hopefully the Buffalo game will provide some valuable lessons that they'll build from. It better or they're doomed because that game will be studied hard by every opponent from now til they're done.

I agree. After the losses in Seattle and New Orleans some of us were suggesting they forget the no huddle, at least at the start, to make sure every player is on the same page. Couldn't they work into the no huddle as the crowd and situation warrants?

Pugger
12-19-2014, 12:07 PM

+1000

Pugger
12-19-2014, 12:08 PM
AFC North records should not count, they play all the teams in the NFC South this year.

So did we.

pbmax
12-19-2014, 04:50 PM
So did we.

But the comparable for us is having to play the AFC East (New England, Buffalo, Jets, Miami) rather than the NFC South (New Orleans, Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa).

Rutnstrut
12-19-2014, 11:36 PM

How the heck does this crap happen? It's not like he can't afford enough contacts, just buy more. Or wear the freakin goggles, it's a good thing he can play football. because he sure as hell doesn't sound to bright.

denverYooper
12-20-2014, 08:43 AM
How the heck does this crap happen? It's not like he can't afford enough contacts, just buy more. Or wear the freakin goggles, it's a good thing he can play football. because he sure as hell doesn't sound to bright.

To write!

King Friday
12-20-2014, 09:20 AM
LMAO

Bottom line. If we don't kick the Bucs in the crotch and win by at least 20, we don't have a prayer of doing squat in the postseason. The Bucs have no offense...no defense...nothing. The ONLY thing they have is Lovie, who knows McCarthy and the Packers well. However, he doesn't have a roster anywhere near what he had in Chicago. The Packers should come out smoking mad after their performance last week. I expect Rodgers to complete his first 15 passes with ease. I expect Eddie Lacy, even completely blind, and the running game in general to be used more extensively than last week...because McCarthy KNOWS the offense screwed the pooch last week.

This isn't a trap game. This is a pride game. Coming off a crap performance, a true contender will rise and dominate. I remember the 1996 Packers...after starting 8-1, they lost at KC and at Dallas (because we could never get those f-ers in Lambeau back then) and everyone starting questioning if they were ready to take that title step. Then they came out and laid a complete dud of a first half against the Rams...who were horrible. When faced with the reality that they were shooting themselves in the foot and needed to step it up, that team did. It did not lose a game the rest of that season. No other team came within 11 points of them, and the offense scored 28 or more in every game.

Wake up, Packers.

It is time.

mraynrand
12-20-2014, 09:22 AM
To write!

I assumed it was self-parody.

Guiness
12-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Green Bay PackersVerified account ‏@packers
Bryan Bulaga upgraded to PROBABLE for Sunday's game. Full #Packers injury report: http://pack.rs/2840g #GBvsTB

KYPack
12-20-2014, 10:43 AM
LMAO

Bottom line. If we don't kick the Bucs in the crotch and win by at least 20, we don't have a prayer of doing squat in the postseason. The Bucs have no offense...no defense...nothing. The ONLY thing they have is Lovie, who knows McCarthy and the Packers well. However, he doesn't have a roster anywhere near what he had in Chicago. The Packers should come out smoking mad after their performance last week. I expect Rodgers to complete his first 15 passes with ease. I expect Eddie Lacy, even completely blind, and the running game in general to be used more extensively than last week...because McCarthy KNOWS the offense screwed the pooch last week.

This isn't a trap game. This is a pride game. Coming off a crap performance, a true contender will rise and dominate. I remember the 1996 Packers...after starting 8-1, they lost at KC and at Dallas (because we could never get those f-ers in Lambeau back then) and everyone starting questioning if they were ready to take that title step. Then they came out and laid a complete dud of a first half against the Rams...who were horrible. When faced with the reality that they were shooting themselves in the foot and needed to step it up, that team did. It did not lose a game the rest of that season. No other team came within 11 points of them, and the offense scored 28 or more in every game.

Wake up, Packers.

It is time.

They have some O.

Doug Martin rushed for 96 vs Carolina, which has a better front 7 than we do.

Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans will both go over 1000 yards and have given DB's fits all year.

Their Oline is rebuilt and has pretty good hands in place. Why they got that guy we should have drafted instead of that stupid guy from Cal, Logan Mankins at guard.

They have no TE, traded away in the off-season.

The Bucs have 8 losses by 7 or less. I'd be worried if Gerald McCoy was fit and playing. I think we win, but TB will have some success offensively.

woodbuck27
12-20-2014, 10:51 AM
LMAO

Wake up, Packers.

It is time.

I agree with you King Friday. Play AR the whole game and CRUSH Tampa Bay.

You know the usual script. If the Pack dominates the first half MM may sit Aaron Rodgers earlier than he should in the second half.

MM has to stop babying Aaron Rodgers. He's not paid huge money to languish on the bench. It's ALWAY "all now" not next season and the next after that. MM has to PUSH his team.

MM needs to promote some REAL PRIDE on his team. The team cannot coast any longer or it's going to be lights out for another season of promise crashing in futility. The same ole same ole.

[B]Attitude !! CRUSH all !!!

woodbuck27
12-20-2014, 11:02 AM
They have some O.

Doug Martin rushed for 96 vs Carolina, which has a better front 7 than we do.

Vincent Jackson and Mike Evans will both go over 1000 yards and have given DB's fits all year.

Their Oline is rebuilt and has pretty good hands in place. Why they got that guy we should have drafted instead of that stupid guy from Cal, Logan Mankins at guard.

They have no TE, traded away in the off-season.

The Bucs have 8 losses by 7 or less. I'd be worried if Gerald McCoy was fit and playing. I think we win, but TB will have some success offensively.

It will go like this:

The Packers will have difficulty getting going. The score will be close at the half and in the second half Aaron Rodgers will get pissed off and toss a couple of TD's and we win.

Betting.

With the Packers defense. ATS ... take Tampa Bay and the points (13).

Bet the UNDER.... O/U = 49.

deake
12-20-2014, 12:26 PM
If the Pack should lose is it time to look at a coaching change? MM has been there a long time.

Carolina_Packer
12-20-2014, 02:50 PM

What is he a clown, does he amuse you?

pbmax
12-20-2014, 03:24 PM
Bulaga Probable:

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde · 5h 5 hours ago
#Packers O-Line likely intact again with @BBulaga being upgraded to probable for Sunday. Blog: http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=45121 …

King Friday
12-20-2014, 03:31 PM
The Bucs have 8 losses by 7 or less.

Well, when you have as many losses as they do, some of them probably will be close.

KYPack
12-20-2014, 03:32 PM
It will go like this:

The Packers will have difficulty getting going. The score will be close at the half and in the second half Aaron Rodgers will get pissed off and toss a couple of TD's and we win.

Betting.

With the Packers defense. ATS ... take Tampa Bay and the points (13).

Bet the UNDER.... O/U = 49.

I think so, too.

That Tampa front 7 (with McCoy) pounded the shit out of the solid Bengal OLine. Cincy was lucky to get out of TB with a 1 point win. An up and down Carolina team barely won by two at home.

Lovie Smith quietly gets these boys ready to play.

I think the boys will figure out they have to be intense and get the win, but it could be close.

In Lambeau, this is a blow-out, but any roadie in the NFL is tough.

The loss of Gerald McCoy is key.

Man, that guy is great, him and Suh are illegal.

King Friday
12-20-2014, 03:44 PM
The Bengals have a mediocre QB. The Packers have Rodgers, who is going to be PISSED after the egg he laid last week.

If the Bucs were such a good team, especially with McCoy, they'd have won a few more games.

The Bucs were crap even with McCoy. Now, they are even worse.

No excuse for this to be a close game. None. You think the Pats or Broncos would barely win this game by a FG? Nope.

denverYooper
12-20-2014, 03:53 PM

It probably was. I'm not to bright.

Pugger
12-20-2014, 07:07 PM
The Bengals have a mediocre QB. The Packers have Rodgers, who is going to be PISSED after the egg he laid last week.

If the Bucs were such a good team, especially with McCoy, they'd have won a few more games.

The Bucs were crap even with McCoy. Now, they are even worse.

No excuse for this to be a close game. None. You think the Pats or Broncos would barely win this game by a FG? Nope.

And now with the Philly loss all we need to do is beat this bunch from Tampa soundly and we clinch. If that isn't incentive enough besides atoning for last week's game I don't know what is.

woodbuck27
12-20-2014, 07:39 PM
I think so, too.

That Tampa front 7 (with McCoy) pounded the shit out of the solid Bengal OLine. Cincy was lucky to get out of TB with a 1 point win. An up and down Carolina team barely won by two at home.

Lovie Smith quietly gets these boys ready to play.

I think the boys will figure out they have to be intense and get the win, but it could be close.

In Lambeau, this is a blow-out, but any roadie in the NFL is tough.

The loss of Gerald McCoy is key.

Man, that guy is great, him and Suh are illegal.

" any roadie in the NFL is tough" KYPack

The Philadelphia Eagles will agree with you right now....losing in Washington by a score of 27-24.

mraynrand
12-21-2014, 07:35 AM
What is he a clown, does he amuse you?

yes, no