George Cumby
12-05-2014, 10:42 AM
He's too cautious with the ball! He takes too many sacks! :lol:

Fritz
12-05-2014, 03:49 PM
Ball sacks!

Cheesehead Craig
12-05-2014, 05:30 PM
He's trapped in his own world of expectations.

Jimx29
12-05-2014, 07:06 PM
damn.....that's a lot of zitty pablum coming from then thar comments

pbmax
12-05-2014, 07:43 PM
I do think he struggles with shorter throws than medium or long. I agree with that (its all relative of course, he is probably better short than most except Brady and all the check down artists).

However, I don't think its his footwork. I think its timing. He usually goes short after looking deep. And that gif of the Cobb miss is a 30 yard pass with textbook follow through. Poor example of point.

Also, the poor throw to Cobb short has a LB in the passing lane.

Joemailman
12-05-2014, 08:56 PM
I do think he struggles with shorter throws than medium or long. I agree with that (its all relative of course, he is probably better short than most except Brady and all the check down artists).

However, I don't think its his footwork. I think its timing. He usually goes short after looking deep. And that gif of the Cobb miss is a 30 yard pass with textbook follow through. Poor example of point.

Also, the poor throw to Cobb short has a LB in the passing lane.

I know some in here lamented in the past that the Packers don't throw the slant as much as they used to. One reason in my opinion is that it's not Rodgers' strong point. He sometimes throws behind the receiver on slants. On sideline routes and post routes he has no equal.

woodbuck27
12-05-2014, 09:50 PM
RE: Aaron Rodgers and the 2014 Season NFL MVP Award:

" All of the smaller traits of his skill set are being executed almost as well as they possibly can be. Save for one minor issue with his accuracy, Rodgers is doing everything anyone could ever expect him to do.

For that reason, he is the clear favorite for the MVP award at this stage of the season.

There isn't really a story to sell if he wins the award. He simply gets it for being the best player in the league and that's that.

Yet, it still feels fraudulent to even consider anyone else at this point of the season.

Rodgers isn't just playing the best football of any quarterback currently in the league, he's likely playing the best football that you will ever see in your lifetime. " Cian Fahey

04 Dec 2014