View Full Version : WHO TERRIFIES YOU in the PLAYOFFS

Bretsky
12-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Let me Start

SEATTLE

let me finish

SEATTLE

Dear Packerrats

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks are coming. They look like the best team in the NFC

Joemailman
12-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Nobody terrifies me. But I think the Packers and Seattle are clearly the class of the NFC. Both teams have a great homefield advantage, so whoever is the #1 seed will probably be favored to win the NFC. It's looking like the Packers may need to win out to get the #1 seed.

Bretsky
12-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Seattle is a very rough matchup for us
They have the defense to dominate that game now that they are healthy and the QB traits we struggle with

I don't want to see them

Cheesehead Craig
12-07-2014, 07:53 PM
The injury fairy. If we're healthy, I like our chances vs anyone.

Joemailman
12-07-2014, 07:54 PM
They have the defense to dominate that game now that they are healthy and the QB traits we struggle with

I don't want to see them

I don't think the Packers struggle with running QB's as much as the did a couple of years ago. The Packers are much more athletic in their front 7 than they were then. Peppers outside, Clay inside, and Ha-Ha at Safety is a huge difference.

King Friday
12-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Seattle is horrifying in their own stadium, where your offense can't hear a damn thing.

Seattle is much, much more beatable when they are on the road. The Eagles were DOMINATED today, but the Hawks only won by 10. If the Eagles actually get that INT with about 3 min left, which probably goes as a pick six, it is an even closer game.

Getting HFA over Seattle is a priority. To a lesser extent, that is also true of Detroit...because their place wouldn't be any fun in a playoff environment.

smuggler
12-07-2014, 08:17 PM
I would feel comfortable against anyone but Seattle or Detroit.

pbmax
12-07-2014, 08:24 PM
No one at home.

But each of you should continue to send letters, emails, Tweets and other bon mots to Rodgers to keep him angry and chippy.

Maxie the Taxi
12-07-2014, 08:25 PM
Terrified? No. But the team I wouldn't want the Packers to play would be the Cowboys. Their OL is big and bad. DeMarco Murray is a gasher. Their D is getting better and better. And Romo is Favre-like enough to be dangerous. Plus, they're peaking.

I'd rather play Seattle.

pbmax
12-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Terrified? No. But the team I wouldn't want the Packers to play would be the Cowboys. Their OL is big and bad. DeMarco Murray is a gasher. Their D is getting better and better. And Romo is Favre-like enough to be dangerous. Plus, they're peaking.

I'd rather play Seattle.

They have no defense. It is Cover 2 Marinelli style, but I suspect the Packers would score 40.

Maxie the Taxi
12-07-2014, 08:32 PM
They have no defense. It is Cover 2 Marinelli style, but I suspect the Packers would score 40.

I hope you're right. Maybe what I dislike about the matchup is the prospect of Aikman in the booth and the Cowboy fans' insufferable arrogance.;-)

Pugger
12-07-2014, 08:35 PM

Yes, didn't the Eagles, who looked anemic as hell today, score 33 on the cowgirls' D on turkey day?

George Cumby
12-07-2014, 08:41 PM

I'd rather play Seattle.

I'm not skeert of a Romo led offense. I'd take the Pokes over the Buzzards any day, home OR away.

wist43
12-07-2014, 08:42 PM
I agree on Seattle... don't think we can beat them anywhere we play them.

Hoping someone else can knock them.

wist43
12-07-2014, 08:48 PM
I don't think the Packers struggle with running QB's as much as the did a couple of years ago. The Packers are much more athletic in their front 7 than they were then. Peppers outside, Clay inside, and Ha-Ha at Safety is a huge difference.

Athleticism, or lack thereof, isn't what has beaten us against read/option/running QB's - what has beaten us against those kinds of teams is lousy coaching, i.e. our players were not prepared, they were continually out of position and faked out of plays, they're always taking false steps and buying the fakes, they routinely abandon their own gap and responsibility, etc...

I agree that we've gotten better at playing against those schemes, but that isn't saying much - Seattle embarrassed us pretty good in week 1.

All of that is coaching.

If your players in are the right positions, and then still don't make the plays - then that is on the players, and perhaps "athleticism" might be a part of that; but that isn't what has been getting us beat against those types of teams. The sad fact is, that our players are rarely in positions to make plays b/c of lousy preperation and coaching.

Joemailman
12-07-2014, 09:06 PM
No one at home.

But each of you should continue to send letters, emails, Tweets and other bon mots to Rodgers to keep him angry and chippy.

R-E-L-A-X

digitaldean
12-07-2014, 09:08 PM
Home field first. That increases the odds of our run dramatically.

Playing on road vs. Detroit or SEA is still workable, but more likely to be a train wreck.

King Friday
12-07-2014, 09:22 PM

I'd rather play Seattle.

Cowboys defense is pathetic. They haven't played too many teams worth a damn this year. When you consider Romo is beat to hell right now, and their RB is going to be running on fumes by the time the postseason hits due to the mileage they put on him this year, they do not have a prayer.

They got a big win against Seattle when they were in funk mode. Otherwise, they haven't beat anyone else who is a playoff contender. They lost to the Redskins at home for crying out loud. Name me one other win that was impressive if Dallas is to be such a feared contender. Beating JAX by 14, TENN by 16, or CHI by 13 isn't all that impressive. Most other decent NFL teams do that and then some.

HarveyWallbangers
12-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Dallas kind of scares me also. In the wrong weather conditions that running game vs. our running game might be a mismatch. I don't want to go to Seattle, but Seattle has weaknesses. Their passing offense is pretty anemic. If you can get ahead of them, you have a great chance to beat them.

mraynrand
12-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Is there the Golden Corral out there in Seattle? The only thing that worries me is Stubby getting distracted by the buffet. Otherwise I like the Packers chances this year anywhere against any team. #APRH

Joemailman
12-07-2014, 09:59 PM
Is there the Golden Corral out there in Seattle? The only thing that worries me is Stubby getting distracted by the buffet. Otherwise I like the Packers chances this year anywhere against any team. #APRH

There may be a Golden Corral, but there is no Golden Tate.

call_me_ishmael
12-08-2014, 12:08 AM
I'll be fine playing anyone at home.

Patler
12-08-2014, 05:29 AM

I don't want to see them

I WANT that game, and I don't care where it is played. That's what the playoffs are supposed to be about. I don't get excited over championships that feel cheap because of upsets.

gbgary
12-08-2014, 06:49 AM
yeah...sea. it's terror though...more dread.

denverYooper
12-08-2014, 06:57 AM
I WANT that game, and I don't care where it is played. That's what the playoffs are supposed to be about. I don't get excited over championships that feel cheap because of upsets.

That might be the matchup of the year for pure strength-on-strength football. Seattle's been getting a lot of run for terrorizing mediocre QBs lately and Green Bay has been doing it (mostly) terrorizing mediocre defenses. I expect it might be a lot like the Pats game, with the game coming down to who has the ball last.

woodbuck27
12-08-2014, 07:26 AM
This is our year. No team horrifies me.

I do believe we win out and that Arizona eventually falls to give the Packers the #1 seed in the playoffs.

GO PACKERS !

3irty1
12-08-2014, 08:09 AM
I'm afraid of anyone away and nobody at home.

The Seahawks would be my least favorite draw but they are significantly weaker than they were week 1. Their offense is a shell of what it was with Harvin. Losing Mebane is a big blow to their defense as well. They'd be tough but we can handle them at home.

My next biggest fear is a superbowl against Denver.

denverYooper
12-08-2014, 08:14 AM

The Seahawks would be my least favorite draw but they are significantly weaker than they were week 1. Their offense is a shell of what it was with Harvin. Losing Mebane is a big blow to their defense as well. They'd be tough but we can handle them at home.

Yeah... good point about Seattle's DL. They're a lot weaker there with Mebane gone and Green Bay has shown it can handle a good back 7 if there is little pressure up front. (At home, anyway)

Fritz
12-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Seattle is tough, but wouldn't it be fun to beat them?

woodbuck27
12-08-2014, 09:34 AM

On that note we will meet the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl and at a neutral site and Vs Bill Belichick twice in the same year and coming off a win over the Pat's.

That will be a challenge.

Zool
12-08-2014, 09:59 AM
I've yet to be scared during an NFL game, let alone terrified about the prospect of a game. The use of scare and terrify in relation to sports is stupid.

What's next? What team would make you shit your pants if the Packers played them?
If the Packers have to play team X next week, I'll cut off my own hand and choke myself with it?

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Who scares me?

The packers. I keep having visions of them destroying one foe after another up until the playoffs and then show up as the 'bad' Packers, i.e. no pass rush, piss poor tackling, poor linebacker play, and MM getting way too cute.

wist43
12-08-2014, 11:43 AM
Seattle is tough, but wouldn't it be fun to beat them?

It would be super fun to beat them... not sure we're capable of beating them though.

We've seen what their defense can do to our offense, i.e. render it impotent. If our offense suddenly becomes mortal, and the game comes down to our defense and special teams?? I don't like our chances against a very well coached team.

Like back in the 70's when Frazier beat Ali, then Foreman destroyed Frazier, then Ali 'rope-a-doped' Foreman... styles make fights - we simply don't match up with them well at all.

I think we could beat them with the right game plans on each side of the ball... but dunderdummy is dunderdummy, and Stubby has shown that he doesn't have the combination to Seattle's defense.

Yes, it would be uber-fun to beat them at our house, but I'd much prefer someone else knock them off so we have an easier road.

Guiness
12-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Still not sure why Harvin was a factor against the Pack week 1 - it seems to be the only game he played well for them this year, I'm pretty sure he was ineffective otherwise. Still, with or without him Seattle is a team I'd prefer the Packers not face, I expect Wilson still gives the defense a lot of trouble with his feet.

Until a couple of weeks ago, the Broncos looked formidable, but Peyton has not played well these last 2. However, they did win both games, so I'm not sure what that means. NE looks to be the strongest team in the AFC, does any other team look like they could make it out of there? Steelers and the unpredictable Chargers look to be the only other complete teams over there.

mraynrand
12-08-2014, 12:10 PM
we simply don't match up with them well at all.

I don't know about this. As much as no team matches up all that well with their defense, I think the Packers can only improve relative to their D, because our offense has been building, as it typically does through the season, APRH. I'd like to see the Packers take on Seattle's d-backs like they did NE's - push off right at the line. Quarless did a great job of this, and Jordy can do the same to Sherman. Also would like to see the quick outside run with Harris come back, with the WRs blocking from the snap. It's a good way to neutralize Seattle's interior speed. It worked against the 49ers, so it should work against Seattle.

Defensively, we're much better prepared to take them on. The defense keeps improving. Packer D shut down Philly just as impressively at Seattle.

Would like to have that game at Lambeau. alternatively, would like to see Dallas take out Seattle. They match up better because they can run the ball right at them.

But all this is moot if the Packers can't take care of business. They can't drop a game: if they lose to Detroit, they could easily get knocked out by two 12-4 teams from among Dallas Philly, Arizona, and Seattle.

esoxx
12-08-2014, 01:17 PM
The only team that terrifies, that wakes me up in a cold sweat, can be summed up in three words:

Legion of Boom

They are the only thing that can stop the Packers Super Bowl Express.

Fritz
12-08-2014, 01:35 PM
I've yet to be scared during an NFL game, let alone terrified about the prospect of a game. The use of scare and terrify in relation to sports is stupid.

What's next? What team would make you shit your pants if the Packers played them?
If the Packers have to play team X next week, I'll cut off my own hand and choke myself with it?

Who makes your testicles shrivel up?

Who makes you throw up?

Who makes you giggle like a nervous girl?

mraynrand
12-08-2014, 01:40 PM
Who makes you giggle like a nervous girl?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_1CM8MIpSPNo/S7EY0oTsJ4I/AAAAAAAAAQQ/teXEfJHsG7k/s400/dieter.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
12-08-2014, 02:17 PM
I hope the Packers play Seattle - they probably will. Ya, I fear them, but only one way to exorcise your fears - with a priest and a bucket of chicken guts.

3irty1
12-08-2014, 02:59 PM
Seattle also lost Zach Miller for the season as well. Not that they'd need more offense than just Marshawn Lynch to whoop us if we miss as many tackles as last time around, but this is kind of a shitty offense now. If we played them again right now I think it'd be a slap fight.

woodbuck27
12-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Seriously the Detroit Lions are looking pretty BOSS lately now that Megatron is in full trot.

What a difference 'that' one man can make.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSe3rx_cdkYsMxObsNj9aBsSjwezsVri M7aOaPoeQFIBVnbWN55VA

Rutnstrut
12-08-2014, 11:07 PM
The Packers D scares the hell out of me in the playoffs.

denverYooper
12-08-2014, 11:13 PM

I guess, though I think they got caught napping in the second half.

The Falcons do have some players on offense... they dropped 29 on AZ last week (avg of 18 ppg allowed) and Julio was 10/189 against Patrick Peterson.

mraynrand
12-08-2014, 11:20 PM
I am terrified at the prospect of reading Rutnstrut after the Packers get eliminated from the playoffs. #hystrionics

Carolina_Packer
12-08-2014, 11:50 PM
Hystrionics...do they offer that at ITT Technical Institute?

Striker
12-09-2014, 12:19 AM
No one terrifies me. Yeah, the Seahawks defense is "rounding into form", but they're doing so against a QB lineup that included Stanton, Kaep, and Sanchez. All of whom I would classify as average QBs (Kaep is a great athlete, average QB).

The Packers have held serve against an equally shitty lineup of QBs, but at least they contained Brady in between, showing some capability they haven't in the past.

Just get HFA, and don't play dumb. Win games.

pbmax
12-09-2014, 01:27 AM
Bach. He got whipped twice by Kroy Biermann. Bulaga seemed to stand up better in pass rush.

Homefield is very important for the passing game and Rodgers health.

Fritz
12-09-2014, 10:26 AM

Rarely do I agree with Rutnstrut, but I do in this case.

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 05:49 PM
After last night I'll admit some concern:

In Week 14 Bills @ BRONCOS and of note in this game and RE: Week 15's huge game Packers @ Bills.

Bills QB Kyle Orton tied the Bills' franchise record with 38 completions and threw for a season-high 355 yards Sunday.

Also the Bills 'D' held Peyton Manning to ZERO TD's and that ended a streak of 51 straight games with at least 1 TD.

GO PACKERS !

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I would have to say packer's D scares me the most. My hope is our offense continues to overpower our opponents and the D shows just enough to got er done. My fear is last night's D shows up at an inopportune time and we are forced to start talking next season.

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I would have to say packer's D scares me the most. My hope is our offense continues to overpower our opponents and the D shows just enough to got er done. My fear is last night's D shows up at an inopportune time and we are forced to start talking next season.

A depiction of your fears:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEadTVdXE5jW809wQZdGk87sDgMuR3B 9rGpO9lenFeNv1MWE2s-g

The Packers 'D'.

beveaux1
12-09-2014, 07:42 PM
I have a question. In the 2nd half last night, our defense used various combinations of single coverage on Jones as well as zone coverage primarily when he was lined up in the slot. Did our choice of using a single high safety in order to help with the run keep us from double covering Jones? I'm concerned that we didn't adjust our scheme when we saw that Ryan was targeting him. I hope that doesn't point to a problem if we make the playoffs.

vince
12-09-2014, 07:53 PM
I have a question. In the 2nd half last night, our defense used various combinations of single coverage on Jones as well as zone coverage primarily when he was lined up in the slot. Did our choice of using a single high safety in order to help with the run keep us from double covering Jones? I'm concerned that we didn't adjust our scheme when we saw that Ryan was targeting him. I hope that doesn't point to a problem if we make the playoffs.
If the Packers would not have had a comfortable lead the entire game I think you'd have seen more help toward Jones. That would leave other weaknesses in the D though so I think Capers played it straight up given that the game was never really in question. They went with Jones and Neal at DL for a significant portion of the 2nd half along with Peppers out wide with his hand down so I think he wanted to generate more pass rush with their 4 or 5 best rushers but that didn't really happen. Bottom line is there are concerns with the D but I'm just not convinced they're defensive philosophy-related.

As to original post the obvious answer is Seattle. They match up well with our O and are good enough on offense to score against this defense. Their offense isn't as potent as it once was though so while the Packers have concerns, so does everyone else including Seattle.

Should be an interesting finish!

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 08:52 PM
A depiction of your fears:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEadTVdXE5jW809wQZdGk87sDgMuR3B 9rGpO9lenFeNv1MWE2s-g

The Packers 'D'.Last night we played the NO. 32 Ranked 'D' in the NFL.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff

Entering Week 15:

Green bay is 'in terms of overall efficiency' is Ranked NO. 4 in the NFL and the Buffalo Bills @ NO. 10.

OFFENSE:

GREEN BAY NO. 1 and Buffalo NO. 25.

DEFENSE::

BUFFALO NO. 2 and Green Bay NO. 18.

SPECIAL TEAMS:

BUFFALO NO. 5 and Green Bay NO. 18.

The Green Bay Packers have much to improve moving forward.

George Cumby
12-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Dom Capers.

woodbuck27
12-10-2014, 05:55 AM
http://seattletimes.com/html/larrystone/2025193772_stonemorningafter09xml.html

Seattle’s having fun, living in the moment, scaring the heck out of the NFL

The Seahawks’ three-game win streak is based on trust, familiarity and something unexpected: the fun factor. The rest of the NFL should be very worried.

Larry Stone ... Seattle Times columnist

That's not a team we need to be concerned with right now. The Packers need to defeat the Buffalo Bills with their NO. 2 Defense and with a QB that can put up pretty good numbers when he's on...Kyle Orton who has completed 64.7 % of his pass's. Buffalo has a decent offense and WR's to be covered. Watch out for Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Scott Chandler and Chris Hogan who have combined for 14 TD's.

I know Jordy Nelson has 12 but Buffalo can play defense.

Check out their statistics:

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/team-statistics.html

After this game the Pack travels to Tampa Bay and will get that one to a 'W' but next it's Week 17 and the Mighty Lions will be @ Lambeau Field and likely in a position to upset the apple cart.

The Green Bay Packers should take all three games but a should is a far cry from getting it done.

It's now simply about respect for every opponent and one opponent at a time.

GO PACKERS !

George Cumby
12-10-2014, 08:13 AM
http://seattletimes.com/html/larrystone/2025193772_stonemorningafter09xml.html

Seattle’s having fun, living in the moment, scaring the heck out of the NFL

The Seahawks’ three-game win streak is based on trust, familiarity and something unexpected: the fun factor. The rest of the NFL should be very worried.

Larry Stone ... Seattle Times columnist

Weird they're so open about it:

"But if they won’t say it, I will: The vibe is back. The confidence is back. The reckless abandon is back. The elevated play is back. The fun is back. The cockiness is back. The adderall is back."