PDA

View Full Version : Packers loss at New Orleans

Patler
12-07-2014, 11:12 PM
That loss is sure starting to look bad.

The excuse at the time was that N.O. was a different team at home. Up to the Packer game, they were. However, since beating the Packers, the Saints have lost four in a row at home.

Joemailman
12-07-2014, 11:34 PM
It's hard to understand what's happened to the Saints. After beating the Packers they won at Carolina the next week to get to 4-4. It looked like they were on their way.

As for the Packers, the New Orleans game was the last game before they moved Matthews to ILB. That move has energized the Packers defense. Oh, and Rodgers has been pretty good.

It's amazing how the fortunes of the 2 teams have gone in opposite directions since then.

denverYooper
12-08-2014, 06:51 AM
Saints beat Pittburgh in Pittsburgh, too. Maybe Brees can just take apart the Capers/LeBeau defense.

gbgary
12-08-2014, 06:52 AM
it was their tight end. that was pre clay/barrington and the other changes. the ne game proved a lot.

woodbuck27
12-08-2014, 08:09 AM
That game Green Bay in New Orleans was simply one of those lousy nights..an anomaly. Two of Aaron Rodgers rare picks came off balls thrown decently to receivers. File that under 'shit happens'. The defensive alignment waqs different after that stumbling loss. The Packers needed a rest with their bye.

I want to post something on the New Orleans Saints here. I've been seeing some of their games of late.

Yesterday Vs the Carolina Panthers the Saints simply played terribly on both sides of the ball. Every aspect of their game was off and they've lost their fans. Home games amount to their normally supportive fans booing them. The Saints are pressing and messing up the most routine aspects of the game. Everything has simply gone off course. The Saints compass is spiraling. Too many turnovers on offense and dropped balls. Nearly all of the receivers are dropping the ball and generally on the receiving side... effort is low.

The Saints 'D' isn't good. Where has the pass rush gone? On both sides of the ball there's too much confusion. Recently they got caught with too many men on the field. I've seen some sideline dissention between Sean Payton and his coaching staff.

Drew Brees has missed WR Brandin Cooks and the fact that Jimmy Graham isn't playing at 100% health is a huge factor. Despite that last fact Bree's may be targeting Graham too often. On offense WR's are fighting the ball. I saw one game of late and WR (Pittsburg) and Kenny Stills looked great.

The defensive and offensive lineman are moving too soon too often. Penalty's that must be avoided and that retard any positive momentum.

It's simply put a mess in New Orleans. The funny thing is that somehow that team will make the playoffs.

Week 15 Mon, Dec 15 @ Chicago 8:30 PM ESPN / Watch ESPN (A WIN !)

Week 16 Sun, Dec 21 vs Atlanta 1:00 PM FOX (Ohh no ....wait ! That game is @ home !!)

Week 17 Sun, Dec 28 @ Tampa Bay 1:00 PM FOX ( A WIN !)

On the real to the Saints side:

"I'm very comfortable with our approach, our program and all those things. And yet we keep paying attention and looking at some of the mistakes. ... They keep repeating, and we've got to find other people to do those tasks," Payton said. "Because ultimately, at some point, they'll find someone else to have in charge of the other people." Sean Payton

I wouldn't be at all surprized to see a new DC in New Orleans for the 2015 season, other coaching changes made.

mraynrand
12-08-2014, 08:18 AM
Packers were injured right up the middle on defense: Jones, Burnett, Shields. Communication problems and coverage problems. Also, someone else has put forth the theory, and shown with stats, that other 'elite' QBs get up for and typically play better in, games against Rodgers. It's 'perfect storm' territory.

49ers looked like dog excrement yesterday against a team coming off a 52-0 humiliation. Weird things happen in the NFL.

hoosier
12-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Rock paper scissors league.

Fritz
12-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Rock paper scissors league.

So do the Packers lose tonight? If they do, should we not be surprised? I think we've got to gird ourselves for that possibility. The NFL is getting weirder and weirder.

woodbuck27
12-08-2014, 09:43 AM
So do the Packers lose tonight? If they do, should we not be surprised? I think we've got to gird ourselves for that possibility. The NFL is getting weirder and weirder.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyfmW4Z7WjV7WG2-AiAaVot8XBj3vno08z7GBv_zsMTC8x8nHm

" Hi...I'm into weird and I'm an NFL fan. " Sonny Weirdo

rollo
12-08-2014, 10:09 AM
It would have been interesting to see how the game would've gone if Rodgers didn't tweak his hamstring in the 3rd quarter.

smuggler
12-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Woody, you sure have a knack for the whacky images lately.

mraynrand
12-08-2014, 04:28 PM

Any given Sunday, knock on woody, etc. but Nah, the Packers ain't gonna lose. If Rock, paper, scissors were the case, every team 'ud be 8-8. Dyoop, don't start in with confidence intervals on normal distributions and sample size (Sample size goes in the unofficial falcons thread).

woodbuck27
12-08-2014, 04:46 PM

The internet offers up a bountiful selection on almost any subject ie to find 'whacky stuff'.

I love life and to have fun.

smuggler
12-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Not a criticism, just giving you your props.

TravisWilliams23
12-08-2014, 11:17 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyfmW4Z7WjV7WG2-AiAaVot8XBj3vno08z7GBv_zsMTC8x8nHm

" Hi...I'm into weird and I'm an NFL fan. " Sonny Weirdo

Gotta be a Viking fan!

denverYooper
12-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Also, someone else has put forth the theory, and shown with stats, that other 'elite' QBs get up for and typically play better in, games against Rodgers. It's 'perfect storm' territory.

One more data point, maybe... Ryan was forced into taking a lot more chances in the 2nd half and he had a red hot Julio Jones going.

Harlan Huckleby
12-08-2014, 11:48 PM

he's quick with the selfies

Striker
12-09-2014, 12:29 AM
It's a weird season. Saints crush the Packers and Panthers, go on a 3 game skid, explode on the Steelers, and then get stomped by the Panthers.

49ers all over the board and now seem to be bottoming out. Seahawks lose to the Cowboys at home who lose to the Eagles at home who lose to the Seahawks at home.

Carolina_Packer
12-09-2014, 05:50 AM
It's a weird season. Saints crush the Packers and Panthers, go on a 3 game skid, explode on the Steelers, and then get stomped by the Panthers.

49ers all over the board and now seem to be bottoming out. Seahawks lose to the Cowboys at home who lose to the Eagles at home who lose to the Seahawks at home.

It's definitely a week to week league. The Rams have two shutouts in a row, granted against Oakland and Washington. Check out their results this year. Multiple personalities.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/schedule/schedule.html

Maybe it's an I-70 thing because the Chiefs schedule/results look similar:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/schedule-and-events/season-schedule.html

LEWCWA
12-10-2014, 03:51 PM
I agree with this. NO is a strange team right now, but nonetheless dangerous on O. They put it together against GB with their backs against the wall and and GB's six shooter only had 4 bullets in it.

woodbuck27
12-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Gotta be a Viking fan!

It looks that way.

woodbuck27
12-10-2014, 03:58 PM

Things are spiraling out of control.

Life and the NFL are a mystery.