Winners: House, Rodgers, Lacy

Losers: Concussions, Capers, my left ventricle

Harlan Huckleby
12-08-2014, 11:26 PM
Winner
Lacy
offensive line

Loser:
Every opponent seems to have a better KO returner than Dujan Harris. I know, not much of a problem
The Atlanta receivers were open every play. Don't know who to blame, don't trust those who claim to know

denverYooper
12-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Packers rolled up 30 for 179 on the ground. Not bad.

denverYooper
12-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Winner: situational football.
FWIW, Green Bay hasn't trailed in the last 3 "close" games. They've put all 3 away when they needed to: 2 on the ground (Lacy, Starks), 1 by air (Cobb).

Harlan Huckleby
12-08-2014, 11:49 PM
Oh ya, Quarless is a big wiener

Carolina_Packer
12-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Winner
Monday Night Football Ratings...many games are unwatchable by the second half...not that I wanted to see what Atlanta's offense did to our defense. The D was in Cover No One.

Striker
12-09-2014, 12:26 AM
Winners
The Offense - Scored points, iced the game for the second week in a row.

Losers
Second Half Defense - 4 quarters in a game, guys. Shields and Williams especially.

Special Teams Blocking - A blocked extra point and they almost let Masthay get blown up on his punt.

pbmax
12-09-2014, 01:23 AM
Winner:

Stark Plug and Lacy. Had great end zone view like the coaches camera for game, dead straight down the middle of the field. Stark Plug got some nice yards with great reads and the one thing he has that Lacy does not is vision for holes AFTER he sets off for a target point. Doesn't always make the right call, but very quick and decisive with the read. Lacy heads to the hole and if bottled up, he might go wide, he might cut back but his footwork at that point is slow. You can't complain about his results, but he leaves lots of better reads untested.

Lacy is also going to put Rodgers on IR as he missed another floating LB in a delayed blitz. After no one shot in immediately, he DT with Lang for no reason and someone leveled Rodgers as he threw. One of those is going to cause damage.

Loser:

Pass rush. According to stadium chatter and radio, Shields was not announced hurt and may have been benched for House. But the loser on Defense was the pass rush. Never got anything going regularly. Ryan did not have nutty Rodgers time, but WAY too much. They had far better pressure against Brady.

Freak Out
12-09-2014, 01:24 AM
Was it better having Shields back?

pbmax
12-09-2014, 01:25 AM
Was it better having Shields back?

Not against Jones. Saw House keep the ball away from Jones once and heard of another on radio. He gave up some but seemed more competitive. Shields lost his footing a couple of times before the big completion he gave up.

Tyrion Lannister
12-09-2014, 02:07 AM
Just got back from the game. Nice weather for a December night game. Drama in the 2nd half kept many drunk fans awake. A win is a win is a win is a win, I guess.

Hoes:

Clinton-Dix: Kept my eyes on this rookie all night long...He just doesn't arouse me the way he excites our boy, Partial...Julio Jones slaughtered the Packers' overrated corners, but Ha-Ha was supposed to provide help and he was always late...Ha-Ha is playing out of position somewhat - he's just not fast enough to be a "free"...Was re-watching Favre's last game at Lambeau the other day...One play late in the game, Collins was the lone saftey deep in the middle of the field; he was about 20 yards away from Harvin; Favre threw a bullet to Harvin and Collins dashed down faster than the speed of light to pick off the ball...That Collins, he was a motherfucking (MOFO) free...Ha-Ha - a strong saftey through and through - is still a rookie, so he gets the rookie excuse...but the last time he made a play, we all were young.

Corners - Shields and Williams played like a couple of undrafted free agents...House proved once again that he's Mr. Inconsistency...Hayward can't play man...Hyde was slow, like always...Thompson needs to acquire a SHUTDOWN corner.

Note: How 'bout that Matt Ryan? Ice ice baby!

Harlan Huckleby
12-09-2014, 04:13 AM
Loser - Lambeau Field mystique

The good teams around the league watch that clown car of a defense and think, "we can beat those fuckers up there."

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-09-2014, 05:48 AM
Winners - Starks should have been given the fucking game ball. Not gonna say Rogers cause although he was great again, he missed some throws and was not perfect. Lacy on several runs. Quarless.

Losers - My heart. The entire defensive backfield. Peppers, didn't hear his name once. The pass rush guys really sucked ass.

3irty1
12-09-2014, 05:54 AM
Did anyone have flashbacks of Anquan Boldin running invisible through our secondary? Julio Jones is a terrific talent but fer fucks sake. Packers D all of a sudden looks like the Packers D. Also is it just me or is every QB good for 5 or 6 of their best throws all year when they play us?

Carolina_Packer
12-09-2014, 06:03 AM
Loser
Adjustments on defense in the second half. I was not crazy about the bend/don't break of the first half defense. Jones was already having a night by half, but the way they were defending (or not defending) him in the second half was very surprising.

So, was it more lack of pass rush or more lack of coverage, or both?

The sky is not falling, but those clouds better clear fast. Atlanta's offensive line was patch work, and Ryan had too much time to throw, and Atlanta receivers were not well covered.

Bossman641
12-09-2014, 06:33 AM
Winners
OL
Starks
Lacy
Quarless
Nelson
Rodgers - he could have been better but can't argue with 3 TD and no picks

Losers
DL
Peppers
Williams
Shields
Hyde was a step slow all night
Special teams....again
Anyone playing Julio Jones in fantasy

mraynrand
12-09-2014, 06:53 AM
Winner: Rock

Loser: Scissors

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-09-2014, 07:02 AM
Yeah, Julio Jones is good but not all universe fer christ sakes...

pittstang5
12-09-2014, 07:22 AM

Fantasy football players:

If I played, I'd be wanting to get Sammy Watkins this week.

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 07:57 AM
Winner
Monday Night Football Ratings...many games are unwatchable by the second half...not that I wanted to see what Atlanta's offense did to our defense. The D was in Cover No One.

hahahaha ...... Our 'D' was in 'Cover No one'.

Repped.

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Winners:

Aaron Rodgers 123.3 Pass Rating. 3 more TD pass's. Many very athletic plays to move the ball and put points on the board. Another game at home and no picks....extending his record of passing attempts and no picks.

For six straight games, the Packers have scored at least 23 points at home in the first half — that's an NFL record.

They've outscored opponents 182-30 before halftime.

All things must end. They had a streak of 89 consecutive points scored at home come to an end Monday in the 43-37 victory against the Atlanta Falcons.

Eddie Lacy played solidly. 106 Total Yards and 2 TD's.

James Starks....10 rushes for 75 yards and the opening touchdown. He had clock-killing runs in the four-minute offense when Lacy suffered a hip injury.

Jordy Nelson was outstanding again. 8 Receptions for 146 Yards ... an 18.2 Avg. and 2 TD'S

Losers:

Our 'D' went to sleep in the second half and gave up 30 'YES' 30 Points ! That 'NO' small 'd' defense was 'dazed and confused'.

The Green Bay Packer fans....Did they get bored? The fans have to give energy to the team and not fall asleep.

rollo
12-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Winners: Police
Losers: Drunken Packers fans, Lambeau field cleaning staff on vomit duty

http://deadspin.com/police-were-busy-at-lambeau-field-1668688901

mraynrand
12-09-2014, 09:17 AM
The takeaway, as always, is that there is no good reason to attend NFL games.

riiiight.

pbmax
12-09-2014, 09:22 AM

He might be getting close. He torched Patrick Peterson last week.

mraynrand
12-09-2014, 09:24 AM
He might be getting close. He torched Patrick Peterson last week.

Apparently, PP is not having an overall good year, or so others have told me. But, if PP is so great, and Jones torched him, it makes all the more sense then to single cover him with banged-up Shields and, when Shields is ineffective, bring in the backup and expect him to single cover the guy. That's brilliant.

pbmax
12-09-2014, 09:30 AM
riiiight.

For some, it would be good to take a break. Standing by elevators at top of the world, I saw one being held open. One minute later a woman on a gurney was wheeled through. Unconcious and I think intubated. Emergency personnel were not joking about that one. Ushers said they were not sure what had happened.

denverYooper
12-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Apparently, PP is not having an overall good year, or so others have told me. But, if PP is so great, and Jones torched him, it makes all the more sense then to single cover him with banged-up Shields and, when Shields is ineffective, bring in the backup and expect him to single cover the guy. That's brilliant.

Capers gets a Stubby for that one.

pbmax
12-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Any chance Shields was still suffering from his concussion? Has to be a possibility.

Fritz
12-09-2014, 10:15 AM
For some, it would be good to take a break. Standing by elevators at top of the world, I saw one being held open. One minute later a woman on a gurney was wheeled through. Unconcious and I think intubated. Emergency personnel were not joking about that one. Ushers said they were not sure what had happened.

Put her on the Loser train if she was wasted, along with the entire Packer defense, but most specifically the lack of pass rush. Where the hell was Mike Daniels? Was Datone Jones really a first round pick designed to give the team a pass rush? Did Julius Peppers ever wake up all night?

Winners? The offense, and most especially Aaron Rodgers. We saw what this team was without him last year: one of the many 7-9 or 6-10 teams that litter the league every year.

oldbutnotdeadyet
12-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Any chance Shields was still suffering from his concussion? Has to be a possibility.

Maybe, but then again, it looked like the whole defense had a concussion.

Fritz
12-09-2014, 10:25 AM
This game looked like it was played in 2011.

3irty1
12-09-2014, 10:42 AM

Yeah this was night and day from the Pats game. In that game they did everything well except tackle running backs and get turnovers. In this one those are the only things they did well.

hoosier
12-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Winners: Me, for having the good sense to go to bed at halftime without any misgivings about how the Pack might squander their huge lead.

In the long run there might be a silver lining in those underpants that the Packer D soiled last night. The second half horror show lets them know they still have something to work on. Complacency is the enemy of improvement, or something like that!

Pugger
12-09-2014, 10:48 AM
After reading this forum I had to go back and check the final score again. Until last night the D has been playing pretty well since the bye. No team plays the same every week. If they play like this in Buffalo against a much weaker offense then I'll get worried.

Cheesehead Craig
12-09-2014, 10:51 AM
I had to listen to the game on the radio and got to listen to my favorite color guy/analyst, Dan Fouts, who just does a fantastic job IMO and way better than the ESPN crew. So winner = me.

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 11:37 AM
After reading this forum I had to go back and check the final score again. Until last night the D has been playing pretty well since the bye. No team plays the same every week. If they play like this in Buffalo against a much weaker offense then I'll get worried.

Rodgers Vs Orton should = No Problem.

Now......

Take into mind the poor game Peyton Manning just had at home vs the Buffalo Bills. Would you ever imagine Manning and ZERO TD"s @ home? ... Any game?

denverYooper
12-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Rodgers Vs Orton should = No Problem.

Now......

Take into mind the poor game Peyton Manning just had at home vs the Buffalo Bills. Would you ever imagine Manning and ZERO TD"s @ home? ... Any game?

Denver's been trying to run the ball a lot more lately, but Manning hasn't looked great. A lot of people in the 303 are wondering if he's a bit injured.

Still... Buffalo's D is tough, man. That D and the Lions D will be good tests for the Packers O heading into the playoffs.

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Denver's been trying to run the ball a lot more lately, but Manning hasn't looked great. A lot of people in the 303 are wondering if he's a bit injured.

Still... Buffalo's D is tough, man. That D and the Lions D will be good tests for the Packers O heading into the playoffs.

For sure their running game is there now with C. J. Anderson. Anderson, coming off successive 100-yard games, ran 21 times for 58 yards, including touchdown runs of 1, 3 and 6 yards for Denver.

P. Manning seems to hate the cold. He's not a man to be kept down for long. That's pretty normal and we'll see how he responds this week in a better climate.

pbmax
12-09-2014, 12:33 PM

That's what the post game was mentioning all night long.

pbmax
12-09-2014, 12:36 PM
I also wonder about Rodgers last night. He had at least three passes that wobbled much more than normal, one took a nosedive before it got to the receiver. I have rarely seen him throw wobblers without there being a tip, but that did not appear to be the case last night. The two I distinctly remember were in the first half. Not sure when third was.

Fritz
12-09-2014, 12:45 PM
I also wonder about Rodgers last night. He had at least three passes that wobbled much more than normal, one took a nosedive before it got to the receiver. I have rarely seen him throw wobblers without there being a tip, but that did not appear to be the case last night. The two I distinctly remember were in the first half. Not sure when third was.

Was one of them the one he underthrew to Nelson? Nelson made the catch but had to go down to do it. A good throw probably would've meant a TD.

Even so, Rodgers is the difference between home field advantage and not even having a .500 record. He's that good. When I saw the on-screen comparison of the numbers between Favre and Rodgers in the first 100 games for each's career, Rodgers' TD-INT ratio was incredibly better. And I think he's even thrown for more TD's. He's a way, way better QB than Favre was, even in his prime, if you go by the numbers.

pbmax
12-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Was one of them the one he underthrew to Nelson? Nelson made the catch but had to go down to do it. A good throw probably would've meant a TD.

Yes, that was one. The other I remember (because replay on video board had a good angle) was a throw to the hash mark at about linebacker depth. It was either Adams or Cobb and it just dove into the turf behind the receiver. I think it was short of their feet.

Patler
12-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Where the hell was Mike Daniels?

Daniels was held out of practice last week due to a back problem. There was some uncertainty as to whether he would play.

I would like to blame his performance (more specifically the lack thereof) to his back and to missing practice this week; unfortunately. Mr. Talks Big has not been the most consistent player. While he has had some very good games, he has also been invisible in several earlier games this year, so who knows?

Cheesehead Craig
12-09-2014, 12:52 PM
He's a way, way better QB than Favre was, even in his prime, if you go by the numbers.

At this point, I don't think there is much question at all about this.

Fritz
12-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Yes, that was one. The other I remember (because replay on video board had a good angle) was a throw to the hash mark at about linebacker depth. It was either Adams or Cobb and it just dove into the turf behind the receiver. I think it was short of their feet.

Well, there was one that he threw to Adams, but that one looked more like Adams ran a route different than the one Rodgers expected. I did, however, see Rodgers throw one uncharacteristically in a place where the DB could get his hands on it, instead of leading the receiver.

But Matt Stafford does that about ten times a game.

As for the Favre/Rodgers comparison, I meant it to underscore how very very very good Rodgers is. Favre was no slouch - considered by some (though not by me) to be the best QB ever to play in Green Bay before Roders arrived.

Tony Oday
12-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Not worried about the defense at all. First half was a great half and they coasted to victory. I am getting more worried about the redzone but hey can't really complain about the offense either...HOWEVER BLOCKED FREAKING EXTRA POINT!!!! WHAT THE F!!!

digitaldean
12-09-2014, 10:01 PM
The special teams AND the defense looked disorganized in the 2nd half. THREE timeouts on defense?? Nice Chinese fire drill organization guys!

The special teams FG/PAT blocks and punt blocks/tips are inexcusable. The only good special teams were from Crosby's 53 yarder and Crosby making a tackle on Hester.

Lack of execution on offense and defense not adjusting to Julio Jones allowed ATL to crawl back in this. I get the feeling this team is playing to the level of its competition in most games.

Patler
12-10-2014, 01:19 AM
Mason Crosby is clearly on my winners list.
3/3 on FGs of 38, 33 and 53 yards. The 53 yarder with 4:33 remaining for a 13 point lead was big, with the way Atlanta was scoring.
On nine kickoffs he kept Hester under control, with Atlanta's best starting position being their own 34.
He made one tackle himself.

All in all, a solid performance, even with the extra point block, which looked like it was the result of a collapse in the blocking..

vince
12-10-2014, 02:30 AM
Winner - Jordy Nelson busts through the SI cover curse with a vengeance.

woodbuck27
12-10-2014, 06:21 AM
Daniels was held out of practice last week due to a back problem. There was some uncertainty as to whether he would play.

I would like to blame his performance (more specifically the lack thereof) to his back and to missing practice this week; unfortunately. Mr. Talks Big has not been the most consistent player. While he has had some very good games, he has also been invisible in several earlier games this year, so who knows?

Mr. Talks Big ....is who?

woodbuck27
12-10-2014, 06:23 AM
The special teams AND the defense looked disorganized in the 2nd half. THREE timeouts on defense?? Nice Chinese fire drill organization guys!

The special teams FG/PAT blocks and punt blocks/tips are inexcusable. The only good special teams were from Crosby's 53 yarder and Crosby making a tackle on Hester.

Lack of execution on offense and defense not adjusting to Julio Jones allowed ATL to crawl back in this. I get the feeling this team is playing to the level of its competition in most games.

" I get the feeling this team is playing to the level of its competition in most games. " digitaldean

If that's so that's plainly cockiness and that shit catch's up to you.

Patler
12-10-2014, 07:02 AM
Mr. Talks Big ....is who?

Mike Daniels.

Tony Oday
12-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Mike Daniels.

Based on his play: Again Who?! ;)