5. Seattle Seahawks 9-4 Better winning pct. vs. common opponents than Detroit
6. Detroit Lions 9-4 Better conference winning pct. than Dallas

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Outside Looking In

7. Dallas Cowboys 9-4
8. San Francisco 49ers 7-6
9. Minnesota Vikings 6-7 Head to head tie-breaker over St. Louis
10. St. Louis Rams 6-7
11. New Orleans Saints 5-8 Better winning pct. vs. common opponents than Chicago
12. Chicago Bears 5-8
13. Carolina Panthers 4-8-1
14. New York Giants 4-9
15. Washington Redskins3-10
16. Tampa Bay Bucs 2-11
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Key Week 15 Games

Arizona at St. Louis
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
Green Bay at Buffalo
Tampa Bay at Carolina
Minnesota at Detroit
San Francisco at Seattle
Dallas at Philadelphia
New Orleans at Chicago

HowardRoark
12-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Anybody know if that last game could be for a number 1 seed for us or no playoffs at all? How do we do against Dallas in a tiebreaker?

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 05:59 PM
The Eagles, Seahawks, Lions and Cowboys are all @ 9-4.

Four teams fighting for three slots.

On the flip side:

Atlanta, New Orleans, Carolina and Tampa Bay.. . . One of will win the NFCS.

Tampa Bay @ 2-11 is actually still alive. WOW !!

Joemailman
12-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Anybody know if that last game could be for a number 1 seed for us or no playoffs at all? How do we do against Dallas in a tiebreaker?

Right now Packers have tie-breaker over Cowboys based on 7-3 record in conference games vs. 6-4 for Cowboys. Too many possible scenarios to definitively answer your first question, although I would think it's possible.

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 06:14 PM

The answer to the first sentence is:

Yes and Yes.

That second yes = NOOOOO !

Tyrion Lannister
12-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Power to the Packers!

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/

Packers can clinch playoff spot Sunday
December, 9, 2014
Dec 9
5:50
PM ET
By Rob Demovsky

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The NFC North won't be decided this week and it might come down to the regular-season finale against the Detroit Lions, but the Green Bay Packers (10-3) can clinch a playoff spot on Sunday.

The following would need to happen:

A Packers win at the Buffalo Bills.
A Philadelphia Eagles victory at home over the Dallas Cowboys.

The Packers would therefore clinch the strength of victory tiebreaker over the Cowboys, according to the NFL.

The only other NFC team that could wrap up a playoff spot this week is the Arizona Cardinals.

woodbuck27
12-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Power to the Packers!

http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packers/

OK. Thanks.

pbmax
12-10-2014, 11:02 PM
http://files.nfl-forecast.com/archives/192

Packers have 69% chance of being 1st or second seed and have home field. 73% chance of winning division.

Maxie the Taxi
12-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Arizona's playoff picture is about to change drastically. They just hauled Drew Stanton off into the locker room. Looked to be a pretty bad injury.

hoosier
12-12-2014, 08:17 AM
http://files.nfl-forecast.com/archives/192

Packers have 69% chance of being 1st or second seed and have home field. 73% chance of winning division.

That is what they were saying about the Brewers in late August :-)

pbmax
12-12-2014, 08:31 AM
That is what they were saying about the Brewers in late August :-)

All Packer thumbs are intact, neurologically speaking.

King Friday
12-12-2014, 12:53 PM
Arizona's playoff picture is about to change drastically. They just hauled Drew Stanton off into the locker room. Looked to be a pretty bad injury.

You are correct. They are about to become the first NFC team to punch their ticket to the postseason.

Tony Oday
12-12-2014, 01:17 PM
I would love AZ in the playoffs.

MadtownPacker
12-12-2014, 01:43 PM
I would love AZ in the playoffs.
Fuck yeah!! Even if it had to be in AZ, that bitch would turn into Lambeau South again. Actually thinking it might be a good thing for the offense.

Joemailman
12-12-2014, 05:12 PM

They're calling it a sprained knee. I wouldn't rule him out since they have 10 days between games.

Guiness
12-12-2014, 05:15 PM
I don't think anyone is afraid of the Cardinals in the playoffs, or otherwise. It's hard to see them as the NFCs best team, even though they are, record-wise and most power rankings seem to agree, barely putting them in the top 5.

Certainly the 3rd place schedule they've played has been kind to them, although they did knock off the Lions and the Chargers. They seem to be doing it with smoke and mirrors? All I know is that when I look at them, I think of the last time a team popped up and did this, the Rams with Warner and that ended pretty well for them.

Joemailman
12-12-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't think anyone is afraid of the Cardinals in the playoffs, or otherwise. It's hard to see them as the NFCs best team, even though they are, record-wise and most power rankings seem to agree, barely putting them in the top 5.

Certainly the 3rd place schedule they've played has been kind to them, although they did knock off the Lions and the Chargers. They seem to be doing it with smoke and mirrors? All I know is that when I look at them, I think of the last time a team popped up and did this, the Rams with Warner and that ended pretty well for them.

Yes, but the Rams had Warner. Drew Stanton has played enough that we know he's not going to turn into another Warner. His backup Ryan Lindley started 4 games as a rookie in 2012. He had 0 TD's and 7 INT's although he did have 1 pretty good game when they beat the Lions. They're winning because Arians is a hell of a coach and should be runaway Coach Of The Year. It would be great to see them take out Seattle next week to take that division.

Guiness
12-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Yes, but the Rams had Warner. Drew Stanton has played enough that we know he's not going to turn into another Warner. His backup Ryan Lindley started 4 games as a rookie in 2012. He had 0 TD's and 7 INT's although he did have 1 pretty good game when they beat the Lions. They're winning because Arians is a hell of a coach and should be runaway Coach Of The Year. It would be great to see them take out Seattle next week to take that division.

I'm not comparing the teams, just the feeling I have about them. Took me all year to believe the Rams were for real. Admittedly, where this is different is that the Cardinals had a 10-6 record last year, they just managed to do it under the radar because the Seahawks and 49ers are in their division.

Joemailman
12-14-2014, 08:08 PM
With today's loss, the Packers drop to the #6 seed.

pbmax
12-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Is it protocol for the Offense and ST to buy the Defense flowers after a game like this to thank them for allowing them to **** them?

Airin' Rodgers
12-14-2014, 10:39 PM
Am I correct to think that we clinch a berth with a win next week? Philly loses the tiebreaker to us and can't go better than 11-5.

Joemailman
12-14-2014, 11:11 PM
Am I correct to think that we clinch a berth with a win next week? Philly loses the tiebreaker to us and can't go better than 11-5.

I don't think so. Philly could still win NFCE, and I believe it's unclear who would win a tie-breaker between Packers and Dallas.

pbmax
12-15-2014, 12:16 AM
Its not making me feel any better, but if you were going to lose a game, this was the game, versus the AFC. Next week is big.

Joemailman
12-15-2014, 08:22 AM

I don't think so. Philly could still win NFCE, and I believe it's unclear who would win a tie-breaker between Packers and Dallas.

Just to be clear, Packers currently have tie-breaker over Dallas because they are 7-3 in NFC games, versus Dallas' 7-4. If The Packers win their last 2 games, they win the division and are at worst the #2 seed. If they beat Tampa Bay and lose to Detroit, the likeliest scenario is that they stay at the #6 seed. If they lose to Tampa Bay and beat Detroit, (and assuming Detroit beats Chicago this week) the tiebreaker would be winning pct. in common games.

I think.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Just to be clear, Packers currently have tie-breaker over Dallas because they are 7-3 in NFC games, versus Dallas' 7-4. If The Packers win their last 2 games, they win the division and are at worst the #2 seed. If they beat Tampa Bay and lose to Detroit, the likeliest scenario is that they stay at the #6 seed. If they lose to Tampa Bay and beat Detroit, (and assuming Detroit beats Chicago this week) the tiebreaker would be winning pct. in common games.

I think.

Just WIN !

GO PACKERS !

Joemailman
12-15-2014, 09:07 AM
If the Packers lose to Tampa Bay and beat the Lions, the tie-breaker for the division could go down to strength of victory. If that happens, the Packers win over the Patriots could be decisive.

Pugger
12-15-2014, 09:14 AM
If we lose to Tampa we don't deserve a playoff spot because the Bucs are truly dreadful - worse than the Bears, queens and Panthers. They have a grand total of 2 wins. I just don't see us performing like we did yesterday 2 weeks in a row. If what I'm hearing is correct Packer fans will be invading Raymond James Stadium and it will feel like Lambeau south.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 09:19 AM
If we lose to Tampa we don't deserve a playoff spot because the Bucs are truly dreadful - worse than the Bears, queens and Panthers. They have a grand total of 2 wins. I just don't see us performing like we did yesterday 2 weeks in a row. If what I'm hearing is correct Packer fans will be invading Raymond James Stadium and it will feel like Lambeau south.

We'll win that game.

Joemailman
12-15-2014, 09:29 AM

I'll be surprised if the Packers offense doesn't play really well Sunday. I know Lovie's defenses have given the Packers trouble in the past, but he doesn't have the personnel he needs right now. Ticket prices for the game are starting in the 130's. Demand from Packer fans is the only thing that could be driving prices up like that.

Airin' Rodgers
12-15-2014, 10:12 AM
I'll be surprised if the Packers offense doesn't play really well Sunday. I know Lovie's defenses have given the Packers trouble in the past, but he doesn't have the personnel he needs right now. Ticket prices for the game are starting in the 130's. Demand from Packer fans is the only thing that could be driving prices up like that.

It's gotta be. I got tickets 3 months ago for $70 each, and it's definitely not Tampa's recent run of success this season that's driving it up.

mraynrand
12-15-2014, 11:11 AM
It's gotta be. I got tickets 3 months ago for $70 each, and it's definitely not Tampa's recent run of success this season that's driving it up.

It's probably the enjoyment of watching Lovie Smith's FIRE on the sidelines - the same FIRE that's led to all his success. After all FIRE from the coach, especially in Press Conferences, is the key to victory.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 11:23 AM
It's probably the enjoyment of watching Lovie Smith's FIRE on the sidelines - the same FIRE that's led to all his success. After all FIRE from the coach, especially in Press Conferences, is the key to victory.

How's your Math?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuX_aQ3tkDzct2QYqMBSKW2roSK_Hr7 n9qeX5FC_mMVJQkq6MxNg

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 02:44 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-loss-muddies-playoff-scenario-b99408495z1-285785641.html#packers

Packers' ** loss muddies playoff scenario

** Week 15 loss in Buffalo.

GO PACK GO !

Striker
12-15-2014, 03:42 PM
The Packers can miss the playoffs if they lose to the Lions (assuming they beat the Bucs).

It seems to all hinge on the Cowboys beating the Colts next week.

ThunderDan
12-15-2014, 04:10 PM
The Packers can miss the playoffs if they lose to the Lions (assuming they beat the Bucs).

It seems to all hinge on the Cowboys beating the Colts next week.

There must be some way this is true. But I think DAL beating PHI last night really helped the Pack. If the Pack and PHI tie for the last wildcard spot we have the head-to-head.

vince
12-15-2014, 04:33 PM
There must be some way this is true. But I think DAL beating PHI last night really helped the Pack. If the Pack and PHI tie for the last wildcard spot we have the head-to-head.
Assuming the worst case scenario vs. the Lions, it's pretty much down to the Packers and Eagles or Cowboys for last wildcard spot. With a game up on the Eagles and the tie breaker, they'd have to win out and the Packers would have to lose to the Bucs. If they have the tie-breaker on the boys, then a Cowboys loss at Indy gets the Pack in with a win. If the Boys beat the Colts then they win the East so a Philly loss gets the Pack in no matter what.

Tyrion Lannister
12-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Assuming the worst case scenario vs. the Lions, it's pretty much down to the Packers and Eagles or Cowboys for last wildcard spot. With a game up on the Eagles and the tie breaker, they'd have to win out and the Packers would have to lose to the Bucs. If they have the tie-breaker on the boys, then a Cowboys loss at Indy gets the Pack in with a win. If the Boys beat the Colts then they win the East so a Philly loss gets the Pack in no matter what.

My head is spinning.

1 game at a time. Gotta beat the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Guiness
12-15-2014, 10:53 PM

The Packers almost have to win out to get into the playoffs.
If the Lions and Packers end up with the same record of 11-5, the Lions win the division.
If the Eagles win out (quite possible, they have NYG and Washington left to play) and the Cowboys drop their game to Indi and beat Wash (again, quite possible), the Eagles take the division and Dallas gets in ahead of the Packers!

So just win baby - it's all on you, the new official thread starter!

George Cumby
12-15-2014, 11:19 PM
My head is spinning.

1 game at a time. Gotta beat the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Glad I'm not the only one. I trust ol' Vince, but I went cross eyed and woogy on that one.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 11:27 PM
The Packers almost have to win out to get into the playoffs.
If the Lions and Packers end up with the same record of 11-5, the Lions win the division.
If the Eagles win out (quite possible, they have NYG and Washington left to play) and the Cowboys drop their game to Indi and beat Wash (again, quite possible), the Eagles take the division and Dallas gets in ahead of the Packers!

So just win baby - it's all on you, the new official thread starter!

yes.

woodbuck27
12-15-2014, 11:32 PM

Hi Vince:

"a Cowboys loss at Indy" Your post

In Week 16 Indy is @ Dallas.

This game should be of huge interest to Packer fans. :idea:

The real deal is that the Green Bay Packers must get to ' win out ' in Weeks 16 and 17.

GO PACK GO !

Airin' Rodgers
12-16-2014, 10:35 AM
From NFL.com

NFC

CLINCHED: Arizona Cardinals

ELIMINATED: New York Giants, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers

The Cardinals clinch NFC West and home-field advantage throughout NFC playoffs with win over Seahawks.

The Lions clinch a playoff spot with:
1) a win
2) a tie plus an Eagles loss or tie
3) an Eagles loss

The Lions clinch the NFC North with: a win and a Packers loss.

The Lions clinch a first-round bye with a win, a Packers loss and a Cowboys loss.

The Cowboys clinch a playoff berth with: a win plus a Packers loss or tie plus a Lions loss or tie as long as both results don't tie.

The Cowboys clinch the NFC East with:
1) a win plus an Eagles loss or tie
2) a tie plus an Eagles loss.

The Seahawks clinch a playoff spot with:
2) a win plus a Lions loss or tie
3) a win plus a Packers loss or tie
4) a tie plus an Eagles loss
5) a tie plus a Lions loss and a Packers loss
6) or an Eagles loss and a Cowboys win or tie.

The Packers clinch a playoff spot with:
2) a win plus a Cowboys loss or tie
3) a tie plus an Eagles loss
4) a tie plus an Eagles tie and a Cowboys win or tie
5) an Eagles loss plus a Cowboys win or tie.

pbmax
12-16-2014, 10:42 AM
Oh good.

Striker
12-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Unfortunately the Cowboys play the Colts, who have been struggling lately, and the Eagles play the Redskins.

That being said, if the Packers just take care of business these next two weeks they won't need any help.

denverYooper
12-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Andrew Luck could light up that 'boys D.

He could also throw 3 picks...

Striker
12-16-2014, 11:48 AM

I'd lean a little more towards the former considering the Cowboys blew a 21 point lead vs. the Sanchez lead Eagles.

Of course, I've banked on the Colts offense the past few weeks and that's turned out terribly for me.

woodbuck27
12-16-2014, 11:55 AM

Indy NO. 11 @ Dallas NO. 13

Dallas looked impressive last week Vs Philly but things have changed. They begin this week as 2.5 Point Favourites.

Andrew Luck's numbers:

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrewluck/2533031/profile

Dallas has the 28th ranked Pass 'D'.

Dallas may lose their star RB. Demarco Murray is being operated on for a hand injury.

Then there's this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000444729/article/jerry-jones-demarco-murray-could-play-sunday

pbmax
12-16-2014, 12:13 PM

With Luck, I would parlay both.

woodbuck27
12-16-2014, 12:19 PM
With Luck, I would parlay both.

http://www.nfl.com/player/andrewluck/2533031/gamelogs

He's been picked off a max of twice in a game four times this season.