PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd, P-U-L-S-E

hurleyfan
08-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Hey folks,
I've been a Pink Floyd fan for years and my wife just got me the DVD PULSE.

Not too bad at all, long as Dark Side of the Moon is a fav(and I think it's one of the best albums of all time!) as the whole second disk is DSOTM in it's entirety...

Nice video work, Gilmour is fantastic as always.. Not enough Richard Wright & Nick Mason tho (too bad Roger Waters wasn't involved!).

This is classic stuff, been around for thirty years!

What do you think? Any Floyd fans?

red
08-29-2006, 06:52 PM
floyd fan here, one of my favorite bands, and yes, i consider dark side to be one of the best albums of all time

i've caught parts of pulse on tv, on one of the vh1 classic channels, good stuff

but for me (someone who dabbles on the guitar) nothing beats comfortable numb, with what i consider to be the most absolute perfect solo of all time

hurleyfan
08-29-2006, 07:33 PM
floyd fan here, one of my favorite bands, and yes, i consider dark side to be one of the best albums of all time

i've caught parts of pulse on tv, on one of the vh1 classic channels, good stuff

but for me (someone who dabbles on the guitar) nothing beats comfortable numb, with what i consider to be the most absolute perfect solo of all time

A radio station in Boston polled listeners for their favorite all time guitar solo, and Gilmour's Comfortably Numb solo was voted best of all time!

I saw PF in 1975 (yikes) in Madison Square Garden and I was hooked forever!

]{ilr]3
08-29-2006, 07:39 PM
My Favorite Floyd Albums are The Final Cut and Animals. :cool:

I wasted a good chunk of my youth zoning out to those songs :neutral:

Partial
08-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Anyone here ever sync up the dark side of the moon with the wizard of oz? I downloaded it on a p2p once to see if it was real and there does seem to be some correlation, especially in the song us and them.

It's bizzare, really.

Chester Marcol
08-30-2006, 03:43 PM
How about Roger Waters In the Flesh. How would you compare the Gilmoreless show vs the Waterless show?

I have a friend who is a huge Floyd fan and I never could understand why. Someone gave me the impression early on and for some reason it stuck until I actually listen to it. Kind of like not liking a particular food without even trying it. Now, ofcourse, I'm a fan. Not to the extent of my friend but if I'm mellowing at the house, it's perfect music to have on.

hurleyfan
08-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Chester
I got to see Roger Waters in a "small" club and thought he was fantastic.. could definetly feel his prescence with regards to Pink Floyd, but didn't cover any originals. Too bad the break up was so bad, would love to see a true Pink Floyd re-union(minus Syd of course)

woodbuck27
09-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Hey folks,
I've been a Pink Floyd fan for years and my wife just got me the DVD PULSE.

Not too bad at all, long as Dark Side of the Moon is a fav(and I think it's one of the best albums of all time!) as the whole second disk is DSOTM in it's entirety...

Nice video work, Gilmour is fantastic as always.. Not enough Richard Wright & Nick Mason tho (too bad Roger Waters wasn't involved!).

This is classic stuff, been around for thirty years!

What do you think? Any Floyd fans?

I LOVE " the PINK ".

Listening to Pink Floyd "a Religious Experience" for me, at certain times of need of meditation... via really good music. :cool:

In my TOP Five of (the quieter) ROCK Gendre.

Pink Floyd; Dire Straits; John Mellencamp; The DOORS; and Fleetwood Mack

That's a HARD CUT but those bands are all so ... :cool:

I just put two Pink Floyd discs in my CD player THANKS.

That's the medication I need after 26 - ZERO, GADO GONE and...

" THE SAINTS ARE MARCHING IN ". :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
09-14-2006, 12:36 PM

A radio station in Boston polled listeners for their favorite all time guitar solo, and Gilmour's Comfortably Numb solo was voted best of all time!

I saw PF in 1975 (yikes) in Madison Square Garden and I was hooked forever!

I saw a Floyd coverband named "Clearlight" while at University.They were I believe, fr. Niagra Falls (American 0r Canadian side?) I'm not sure of that... but DAM... they were so accurate in their duplication of Pink Floyd. The close to REAL as I'll likely see, living in the Montreal area, as there are way too many people (and insiders )to compete with.. for any visiting solid band. It sucks.

It would be easier for you to get tickets to a concert in Montreal.

What a messed up place that way. I saw any good band I wanted to see in Saint John, NB, Canada... as that City is only about 125,000 Pop. There is 1.5 Million or alot more here in Montreal and the surrounding area.

That night I saw Clearlight was so special.An awesome memory.I just sat with my eyes closed most of the evening and enjoyed them. I was very impressed.

There's another American cover band that I loved seeing...
named Green River... that covered CCR and what a show they put on as well.

If someone offered me two tickets for excellent seats to see Pink Floyd in a great venue... against two tickets for both of Dire Straits and John Mellencamp...what would I take?

** I've gone back to this spot in the post after taking a break..with Floyd in the background, and I really don't know which way to go...a difficult yet sweet imaginary dilemma.

Man am I a Dreamer!! haha :mrgreen:

** NOT... see above

** Easy. I'm grapping the two each ( Dire Straits and Mellencamp) Incredible talent there. Dire Straits lead guitarist Mark Knopfler like Gilmour make a guitar talk to us. I am absolutely taken by Mellencamp and his band is great..again a solid guitar player with him and amazing backup vocals on his productions.

I believe that John Mellencamp will one day be recognized as your Greatest Rock Icon after Elvis and Bob Dylan.

I often listen to Pink Floyd as I need my soul restored.

I have my FLOYD FIX. That is just a disc on the platter away.

I'm listening to them at this moment and BEARS and OUR ZERO is melting away. SOON IT WILL BE GONE....

THANKS ... PINK FLOYD. :mrgreen:

LIFE IS A TRIP...

There are people alive that don't like Pink Floyd...

well there are even people that DON'T LIKE Brett Favre....

Life's a mystery.

hurleyfan
09-14-2006, 05:25 PM
"Ticking away the moments that make up a BAD game"!!